• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildebeest

Q: Can Al Jazeera be trusted to report objectively on this conflict.
A: Of course not, you imbecile. Al Jazeera is owned by the Qatari state who also financially back Hamas. There is a huge conflict of interest. Did you ever do media studies at school? Were you asleep?

near

Gold Member

He's not fucking around, wants to gas them in the tunnels.

Gassing tunnels is as wild of an idea as the shelling that has been taking place. Where are the hostages? Strategic bombing and gassing of tunnels can only be argued if the safety and security of the hostages have been confirmed. Still no ground invasion either? What is happening.

BlackTron

Gassing tunnels is as wild of an idea as the shelling that has been taking place. Where are the hostages? Strategic bombing and gassing of tunnels can only be argued if the safety and security of the hostages have been confirmed. Still no ground invasion either? What is happening.

They are taking their time planning the attack, it's probably way more difficult due to the hostages. Collecting intelligence, weighing tactics, and coming up with a detailed plan instead of rushing in hot-headed.

LordOfChaos

This is how they were clearing IS caves in Iraq...Absolutely brutal, but I guess what do you do against brutality

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No he isn't.

Stop adding in stuff that wasn't there.

IF he was saying what you're insinuating, he would have said something else.

is something getting lost in translation? When dudes talk shit to someone they don't like, they'll say shit like that ... "Motherfucker, you should have stayed in the gym because your punches are WEAK! That's why you're in the hospital now and I'm not."

it's implied he's calling them stupid.
Hey Deaf,

Just curious since you know Black history.

Back in the day of the US and white/black segregation issues etc... were the general public and politicians so blazen to do protests and mobs by the 1000s all over the world (some of those mobs must be as big as an NFL game) in downtowns and outside embassies saying death to Black people?

What are some similarities and differences comparing the recent Hamas/Jew situation and past Black community racism?

jason10mm

Gold Member
Make him king of gaza holy shit.
Sadly, this is basically what Palestine is lacking, a viable (in the eyes of the West AND the Palestinian people/broader muslim world) alternative. Thats been our MO over there for decades, topple a regime we don't like, prop one that is more likely to do as we say. It's been the MO since forever, really, other than just putting in your own people over a conquered group and hoping for the best. But if this guy has some "legitimacy" as a leader over there, then why not? I doubt he does though, I doubt there is really anyone since Palestine isn't really a country and never has been, so there are no royalty in exile, no displaced refugee government to re-install, no alternate political party to support. The best we could have hoped for would have been one of the more stable, moderate, western aligned muslim countries to agree to take on whatever is left after the Israelis get justice as a protectorate, colony, or extension of their own country and then go in, dismantle the religious indoctrination systems there, move out a lot of the people, and re-model the society into something that can cooperate with their neighbors. I'm not sure a moderate muslim country with that capability exists though, so what we are probably gonna get is a reduced footprint Gaza with more overcrowding, more restrictions, and more invasive Israeli presence because the broader Muslim world wants it that way and the Israelis have no choice. Palestinians represent what, 0.1% of the muslim population and NO ONE can or will harbor them? Says a lot, really, we all know why this situation exists.

jason10mm

Gold Member
What if it's a sleeping gas?
Sleeping gas is often lethal depending on the dose and the condition of the 'recipient'. There is no 100% safe, effective way to deliver such a gas that would knock out Hamas (and any one else) without substantial risk of killing anyone in a deeper tunnel, in poor condition already, or exposed for a longer time. Plus now you have to wear protective gear yourself (which they may do any since Hamas will have little fear of using lethal gas themselves and just blaming the IDF) and you never know if Hamas has protection either.

Read up on the Russian Theater 'rescue' when a gas was used. Pyrrhic victory at best...

jason10mm

Gold Member

You could have an entire graduate school class on deconstructing the things AOC says. Best one was the "interview" with the Border security guy where he systematically DESTROYED her claim that illegals hopping the fence were "refugees seeking asylum".

Bet she can't even make a decent smoked Old Fashioned either :p

LordOfChaos

Sheik Hassan Yousef, the top political leader of Hamas in the West Bank, was arrested

Israel appears to be taking positions in the West Bank, likely sharing fears of an attack from the other flank when they're drawn into Gaza

Last edited:

hyperbertha

Best solution at this point is to displace the population completely, get a bunch of transport ships to bring in water and food and tents and kick them all out of gaza then seal it off, open a road through egypt with or without egypt support there choice and let them migrate towards muslim country's as result.
y7pqORN.jpg

BlackTron

Sheik Hassan Yousef, the top political leader of Hamas in the West Bank, was arrested

Israel appears to be taking positions in the West Bank, likely sharing fears of an attack from the other flank when they're drawn into Gaza

"Mistakes were made"

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Pertinent to see how the biggest newspapers in the US handled the hospital disinformation a day later.

WSJ is the most professional and factual, citing the evidence that indicates Israel wasn't responsible per experts and US/Israel.
NY Times claims that nothing could be independently verified about who was responsible for the hospital explosion, false.
NY Post: "Islamic Terrorists Killed Their Own People...Then Falsely Blamed Israel," true but in tabloid form.
LA Times claims there are "dueling narratives" and doesn't bother to substantiate the truth one way or another, focusing on tragedy in Gaza.
Washington Post leads with the US version of events per the Biden administration.

gKyLGT5.jpg

rHsuiBm.png

AOb0gsR.jpg

WjbF4Ff.png

6tHl0yW.jpg

tommib

They are taking their time planning the attack, it's probably way more difficult due to the hostages. Collecting intelligence, weighing tactics, and coming up with a detailed plan instead of rushing in hot-headed.
I’ve been thinking since the start that all of this is the most elaborate trap we’ve seen from an Islamic terrorist organisation.

Hamas has been preparing for this for decades and I fear thousands and thousands of casualties in the Israeli military side.

Their intelligence completely failed in seeing this coming and have no idea what kind of organisation and weaponry Hamas has in those tunnels. It’s a fight to the death that will take decades.

Hamas opened the gates to hell and the apocalypse beast is looking from the abyss. It’s not comparable to the talibans who would hide in the mountains and caves. Hamas is everywhere in Gaza.

It’s also a trap because Israel due to war fatigue that will extend for years will lose most of the western support.

Sorry for the grimmness but it’s where I am since Hamas launched the most barbaric attack the contemporary world has seen since 9/11. They’re looking for complete civil unrest across the Arab and the Western world. They want to bring the conflict to the west at a large scale.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Hey Deaf,

Just curious since you know Black history.

Back in the day of the US and white/black segregation issues etc... were the general public and politicians so blazen to do protests and mobs by the 1000s all over the world (some of those mobs must be as big as an NFL game) in downtowns and outside embassies saying death to Black people?

What are some similarities and differences comparing the recent Hamas/Jew situation and past Black community racism?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with the first question... but a lot of the crowds gathered during the CRM and some of their protests did have a lot of (obviously) anti-black rhetoric and calling for the deaths of MLK, the Little Rock Nine... as well as actual violence (from cops and civvies) against peaceful protesters (which was a calculated tactic during the marches and sit ins), black school children and a LOT of churches being bombed.

What a lot of people don't know or realize is that the CRM was a coalition movement... Jews worked with the NAACP and Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Malcolm X (El Hajj El Malik Shabazz) was, believe it or not, part of that CRM. Same goal (black freedom from unjust laws)... just from a different POV (black empowerment and self-defense). Which isn't to say that MLK was a pacifist... he was a gun owner and his house was regularly targeted by the KKK and other groups (even the FBI under Hoover).

Anyway, your second question: the differences are vast and the similarities are ... not miniscule but .... lemme explain.

The similarities are more akin to the 80s and 90s during the crack epidemic (which was started by the CIA, believe it or not, to fund their operations) and the riots that happened during high profile trials like the teen girl who was shot in the back by that store owner who was basically acquitted of any wrong-doing... and yes, the OJ trial... among others. Back then, there was a lot of anger below the surface of the community back then (and in many ways still is) because of... well... many things with police interactions being a major one and people getting off for violence against some like Latasha Harlins (the aforementioned girl shot in the back... the video surveillance was shocking... the shop owner looked at her body with contempt)... many poor black folks felt like they were being occupied in the hood... by cops, by migrant shop owners, forgotten by politicians and their neighborhoods and schools left to rot. I think that's the closest parallel to how some palestinians must feel... but like those Palestinians, in the more dangerous areas with gang activity, high crime and HIGH unemployment, it's a cycle that's got to be broken with some trust of those in power and working with them to push the bad elements out... but ALSO not giving up any power they DO have and making them community better... as has been the case in many neighborhoods in the overall black community.

They won't be able to rise up without resources and funds... Israel became great because it had the help of western countries in the form of resources and funds. They didn't build up from nothing... no nation DOES, believe it or not.

Not sure if this answers your questions because they were a bit confusing.

Vestal

She is trying to have her cake and eat it too.. Appeasing the far left while trying to maintain some middle ground footing in her answers.

It was a mistake on her part going on the air.. She didn't have a well framed response to some pretty obvious questions that would come up.
Someone should find this group, "The Blast"

I mean it was on the 17th when we didn't know anything.. It was an appropriate reaction at that time.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Beyond newspapers, here are the lead hospital-related stories from other news sources.

CNN notes that the evidence suggests Israel wasn't responsible, and notes that the death figures are coming from Hamas sources.

CNN —
A day after a deadly blast tore through Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital in Gaza, sparking protests across the region, the United States has released its own assessment of what caused the devastation.

Israel has laid out evidence that it said shows a misfire by militant group Islamic Jihad caused the blast, and US President Joe Biden on Wednesday backed that explanation, citing US intelligence. A spokesperson for the National Security Council later said that analysis of overhead imagery, intercepts and open-source information suggested that Israel is “not responsible.”

Palestinian officials and several Arab leaders nevertheless accuse Israel of hitting the hospital amid its ongoing airstrikes in Gaza. Islamic Jihad – a rival group to Hamas – has denied responsibility.

Hundreds are believed to have died in the attack, according to the Hamas-controlled Health Ministry in Gaza, and images of the bloody aftermath have spurred protests across the region.

BBC Verify claims that it can't figure anything out about what happened to the hospital despite the available evidence.

A deadly blast at the crowded Al-Ahli hospital in Gaza City is feared to have killed hundreds of people.
The Hamas-controlled Palestinian authorities in Gaza immediately blamed Israel, claiming it was a deliberate air strike. Israel has denied involvement.
Amid the claim and counterclaim, getting to the truth is harder than ever.
BBC Verify is trying to unravel what is and isn't known - looking at video footage, still imagery and other evidence, including eyewitness accounts. In addition, a BBC journalist has been to the blast site, where there is limited access.
New information is emerging all the time, so we will continue to update this article as we learn more and talk to experts about the evidence.
It is also important to note that as well as the physical fighting, this conflict is playing out as an information war. This is not the first time authorities in Israel and Gaza have given completely different accounts of an explosion. We are also looking at their various claims and statements.

Fox News doesn't actually have the hospital story anywhere visible on its main page or the Israel War section. Required a search. Their coverage states the evidence indicates it was a Palestinian rocket and that it impacted the parking lot.

The al-Ahali Hospital in Gaza City was struck Tuesday night, and hundreds were reportedly killed in the blast. Hamas initially claimed the hospital was attacked in an Israeli strike; Israel countered after an investigation that it was hit by an errant missile launched by terrorists in Gaza itself.

Online video making the rounds on social media suggests the al-Ahali Hospital in Gaza City was not directly hit by a rocket on Tuesday, but instead the missile appears to have struck a nearby parking lot, leading to many conflicting claims of who was responsible, where the missile struck and how many people died.

Who's responsible?​

Hamas was targeting Tel Aviv with rocket fire on Tuesday, and has been targeting central Israel multiple times each day.

[...]

Shared by Keshet 12 News, the footage clearly shows multiple rockets launching toward Israel on Tuesday. Moments later, a blast is seen in Gaza midway along the rockets' trajectory.

ManaByte

Pertinent to see how the biggest newspapers in the US handled the hospital disinformation a day later.

WSJ is the most professional and factual, citing the evidence that indicates Israel wasn't responsible per experts and US/Israel.
NY Times claims that nothing could be independently verified about who was responsible for the hospital explosion, false.
NY Post: "Islamic Terrorists Killed Their Own People...Then Falsely Blamed Israel," true but in tabloid form.
LA Times claims there are "dueling narratives" and doesn't bother to substantiate the truth one way or another, focusing on tragedy in Gaza.
Washington Post leads with the US version of events per the Biden administration.

gKyLGT5.jpg

rHsuiBm.png

AOb0gsR.jpg

WjbF4Ff.png

6tHl0yW.jpg
Burn it all down except for the WSJ

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I’d denounce whatever religion those terrorists believe in. That isn’t faith or something God would do. What type of God turns somebody into a terrorist?
What they do has nothing to do with God. They're fueled by religion and the terrorist attacks in the West prior to this were fueled by maniacal religious militant off chutes of Islam such as: muslim brotherhood, hezbollah and the hamas. There's no rationalizing or reasoning with what they believe and motives to what they do. If you really do want to know more though, read about what type of a person Mohammed was...that should give an idea of the history of violence.
Best solution at this point is to displace the population completely, get a bunch of transport ships to bring in water and food and tents and kick them all out of gaza then seal it off, open a road through egypth with or without egypth support there choice and let them migrate towards muslim country's as result. The moment hte last one exit gaza the problem is now no longer isreals problem. And the world can watch how "reponsible and caring the muslim nations are".
No doubt that displacement for civilians is the only viable solution. Interesting that the major Middle Eastern nations which too have large extremist groups fear giving refuge to those from Gaza. Muslim nations are not going to take other muslim groups. Think about it, Iran is so vocal in all this and has plenty of room; but they're not welcoming everyone in. The religion of 'peace' doesn't trust it's neighbors to bring peace.
CeJ2CAq.gif

Hi all! Long time no speak! While I was away I moved to Israel and got married! Had to leave my consoles behind, so I'm moving onto pc gaming with the Lenovo Legion Go once that bad boy comes out.

ANYWAY. These last week and a half or so has not been easy. I'm way up in the North, about 2 hours away by car from the Lebanon boarder, so while we don't have Hamas to worry about we do have Hizbollah to be concerned with.

If G0D forbid they decide to get involved then I will most likely be dealing with rocket attacks by them. Last week our Government alert system for times of war which notifies you with a siren sound on your phone (as well as sirens all around town) started on my phone and in town. Our apartment has our own private bomb shelter, which is really great as once you hear that siren you only have 30 seconds until the rocket lands. The sirens go off and we run to the bomb shelter, I call my friend who doesn't have a bomb shelter and tell him to get over to my one ASAP with his family. He comes with his 2 friends (his wife and kids were out at the time), we take our weapons (Home Front command actually says to have weapons for self defence), unfortunately no guns but we had knives, and we waited. All of a sudden the alarms went off again on our phone. Telling us that their were drones flying in. A few minutes pass and then another siren, this time telling us that Hizbollah had inflitratred my town using ultra light weight planes. We had turn off our lights, grab our knives and just wait. This lasted for an hour. Then we had the all clear. It turned out it was 'human error' and someone had pressed the wrong alert button.

I was traumatised from the experience. I'm better now but it wasn't easy to say the least.

Just one personal story from this whole thing. No one should ever have to say goodbye to their friends and family like I had to go through. Ever.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm not entirely sure what you mean with the first question... but a lot of the crowds gathered during the CRM and some of their protests did have a lot of (obviously) anti-black rhetoric and calling for the deaths of MLK, the Little Rock Nine... as well as actual violence (from cops and civvies) against peaceful protesters (which was a calculated tactic during the marches and sit ins), black school children and a LOT of churches being bombed.

What a lot of people don't know or realize is that the CRM was a coalition movement... Jews worked with the NAACP and Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Malcolm X (El Hajj El Malik Shabazz) was, believe it or not, part of that CRM. Same goal (black freedom from unjust laws)... just from a different POV (black empowerment and self-defense). Which isn't to say that MLK was a pacifist... he was a gun owner and his house was regularly targeted by the KKK and other groups (even the FBI under Hoover).

Anyway, your second question: the differences are vast and the similarities are ... not miniscule but .... lemme explain.

The similarities are more akin to the 80s and 90s during the crack epidemic (which was started by the CIA, believe it or not, to fund their operations) and the riots that happened during high profile trials like the teen girl who was shot in the back by that store owner who was basically acquitted of any wrong-doing... and yes, the OJ trial... among others. Back then, there was a lot of anger below the surface of the community back then (and in many ways still is) because of... well... many things with police interactions being a major one and people getting off for violence against some like Latasha Harlins (the aforementioned girl shot in the back... the video surveillance was shocking... the shop owner looked at her body with contempt)... many poor black folks felt like they were being occupied in the hood... by cops, by migrant shop owners, forgotten by politicians and their neighborhoods and schools left to rot. I think that's the closest parallel to how some palestinians must feel... but like those Palestinians, in the more dangerous areas with gang activity, high crime and HIGH unemployment, it's a cycle that's got to be broken with some trust of those in power and working with them to push the bad elements out... but ALSO not giving up any power they DO have and making them community better... as has been the case in many neighborhoods in the overall black community.

They won't be able to rise up without resources and funds... Israel became great because it had the help of western countries in the form of resources and funds. They didn't build up from nothing... no nation DOES, believe it or not.

Not sure if this answers your questions because they were a bit confusing.
My first question, I was just trying to see how the recent big groups of anti-Jew mobs "death to Jews" in cities around the world had similar large mobs of people saying "death to Black people".

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hi all! Long time no speak! While I was away I moved to Israel and got married! Had to leave my consoles behind, so I'm moving onto pc gaming with the Lenovo Legion Go once that bad boy comes out.

ANYWAY. These last week and a half or so has not been easy. I'm way up in the North, about 2 hours away by car from the Lebanon boarder, so while we don't have Hamas to worry about we do have Hizbollah to be concerned with.

If G0D forbid they decide to get involved then I will most likely be dealing with rocket attacks by them. Last week our Government alert system for times of war which notifies you with a siren sound on your phone (as well as sirens all around town) started on my phone and in town. Our apartment has our own private bomb shelter, which is really great as once you hear that siren you only have 30 seconds until the rocket lands. The sirens go off and we run to the bomb shelter, I call my friend who doesn't have a bomb shelter and tell him to get over to my one ASAP with his family. He comes with his 2 friends (his wife and kids were out at the time), we take our weapons (Home Front command actually says to have weapons for self defence), unfortunately no guns but we had knives, and we waited. All of a sudden the alarms went off again on our phone. Telling us that their were drones flying in. A few minutes pass and then another siren, this time telling us that Hizbollah had inflitratred my town using ultra light weight planes. We had turn off our lights, grab our knives and just wait. This lasted for an hour. Then we had the all clear. It turned out it was 'human error' and someone had pressed the wrong alert button.

I was traumatised from the experience. I'm better now but it wasn't easy to say the least.

Just one personal story from this whole thing. No one should ever have to say goodbye to their friends and family like I had to go through. Ever.
Congrats on getting married! Stay safe darkangel. Also, get yourself a firearm and train with it. In extreme situations there may not be anyone else there to protect your family from terrorists.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Regarding the 500 people killed at the hospital, maybe I missed it but the only photos I've seen are parking lot shots of some trashed concrete roads and cars with minimal damage to buildings.

Where's all the piles of dead people? Tons of people hauling bodies into body bags, stretchers and vans? Youd think if it was so true, it would be front page proof of blood splatter and body parts everywhere.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I tried to do a Pheonix Wright Projection image and uploading, but I couldn't from my computer.. so I found this:
objection-projection.gif

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Regarding the 500 people killed at the hospital, maybe I missed it but the only photos I've seen are parking lot shots of some trashed concrete roads and cars with minimal damage to buildings.

Where's all the piles of dead people? Tons of people hauling bodies into body bags, stretchers and vans? Youd think if it was so true, it would be front page proof of blood splatter and body parts everywhere.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Congrats on getting married! Stay safe darkangel. Also, get yourself a firearm and train with it. In extreme situations there may not be anyone else there to protect your family from terrorists.
Yeah, very curious if private firearm ownership was legal, but (sadly) underutilized, or if you guys have a lot of restrictions in owning even a lever action rifle or pistol, much less a mag fed semi-automatic rifle. And I imagine no gun store has firearms or ammo to sell now though with any luck there is a container ship from 'murica off shore right about now to address that shortage :p Maybe the italians and czechs sent products as well.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

תשמור על עצמך!

Hey man thank you!

100% We are both applying for a gun licence as the whole thing has been made fast to get them because of the war. As soon as I get one I'll go to the training. It's $1500 for the gun and the training with 100 bullets increased from 50 due to what's been happening. Obviously I hope nothing will happen though.

Gaming is really helping me get through it all. It's a real thearpy for me.

My heart breaks for what is the biggest tragedy for us since The Holocaust. We've been too accepting with the old status quo of Hamas with the occasional flare up for too long. We need to go into Gaza, get rid of Hamas, try and rescue as many of our hostages as we can, and create a new buffer zone by the Gaza border. Personally I would like Egypt to take over Gaza, but no Arab countries what anything to do with the Palestinians in any concrete sense.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I tried to do a Pheonix Wright Projection image and uploading, but I couldn't from my computer.. so I found this:

Well, she will have to commit one way or the other, seems like its time to review which faculty/student population/donors she will lose depending which side she comes down on. I have my suspicions which way it will go but I'm not sure just how much domestic politics will play a hand.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
My first question, I was just trying to see how the recent big groups of anti-Jew mobs "death to Jews" in cities around the world had similar large mobs of people saying "death to Black people".
You mean the size? The KKK and other similar groups used to have LARGE memberships until the VERY late 1960s/early 1970s numbering in the millions.

QJ9ERQf.jpg

A KKK rally/march for example ...

There were also extremely violent mobs like the Black Wall Street Massacre AKA Tulsa Massacre or any of the other prosperous black towns that were razed by violent racist mobs and even put under water... such as Oscarville which is where Lake Lanier now sits... or Seneca Village where New York City's Central Park now sits... anti-blackness was a near universal thing in the US.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You mean the size? The KKK and other similar groups used to have LARGE memberships until the VERY late 1960s/early 1970s numbering in the millions.

QJ9ERQf.jpg

A KKK rally/march for example ...

There were also extremely violent mobs like the Black Wall Street Massacre AKA Tulsa Massacre or any of the other prosperous black towns that were razed by violent racist mobs and even put under water... such as Oscarville which is where Lake Lanier now sits... or Seneca Village where New York City's Central Park now sits... anti-blackness was a near universal thing in the US.
Wow. Did these kinds of mobs happen in other countries too like how many cities in Europe and Canada are having anti-Semite rallies recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom