• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vestal

The shittiest part is this misinformation is going to get even more people killed on both sides: this is really demonstrating how broken social media and all forms of media are now when the people responsible for gate keeping against so called disinformation are being duped by it in real time because they want to believe the lie.
I don't think social media is broken as much as we as a civilization are not ready to be this interconnected without a filter. (its a more nuanced argument than that.. But its the gist)

Last edited:

HoodWinked

Gotta learn to shoot straigh, while visiting the country they are shooting at. Talking about a hospital they burned.

an actual utter disgrace.

F8xpu4cW0AACyEV

Bringing dignity and respect back to US international relations...
The current international diplomacy is in decline worldwide. We are literally a couple of years away from presidents openly saying "F*ck you" to other leaders. And people cheering.

Last edited:

FUBARx89

Haha, Sweden's like "hm, maybe someone should watch EU borders".

90% of EU population since 2015 like:

I Know Yes GIF by Pose FX

Pffffft. UK had Brexit. Took control of our borders 🙄 /s

I don't know loads about the USA Pres. But is this is dark brandon stuff where he's saying they need to learn to shoot straight?

Wildebeest

What do we imagine the international reaction from "concerned human rights activists" would have been if that indiscriminately fired rocket hit a hospital in Israel?

AgatonSax

I can’t imagine the stress of living next to and having to patiently deal with neighbours who hate and want you all indiscriminately dead like Israel does. I don’t think anyone from the outside truly does.

To watch the events of that massacre unfold and experience such rage as an outside party thousands of miles away; personally I’m amazed how restrained they are. They have real discipline, contrasting with the lazy minded, bullying mobs of terrorist supporters in the Western world and hand wring politicians and media enabling them.

I hope there isn’t a ground invasion because I don’t want to see more Israeli deaths. It’s only because of external pressure to stop the air strikes that they’ll need to go in at all.

I’m sorry for the Palestinians as well because they’re basically doomed with Hamas around. So only Israel can guarantee their safety and prosperity as well ultimately if they were capable of understanding that.

Its such an impossible mess; hopefully the West at least will take a lesson about letting fanatics run wild within their borders, but probably not.

Ground invasion is how you maximize IDF casualties with no guarantee that Hamas or a Hamas equivalent doesn't rise from the ashes down the road. As long as the Palestinians support groups like Hamas they'll never be truly gone.

AgatonSax

Ground invasion is the only reliable solution. Imagine if USA was regularly invaded by cartels, would you be saying that USA should not do anything about that?
They are already ‘doing something’ remotely and safely and should continue. Ground invasion will not destroy Hamas and it will result in many Israeli deaths.

Kenpachii

Ground invasion is how you maximize IDF casualties with no guarantee that Hamas or a Hamas equivalent doesn't rise from the ashes down the road. As long as the Palestinians support groups like Hamas they'll never be truly gone.

Best solution at this point is to displace the population completely, get a bunch of transport ships to bring in water and food and tents and kick them all out of gaza then seal it off, open a road through egypth with or without egypth support there choice and let them migrate towards muslim country's as result. The moment hte last one exit gaza the problem is now no longer isreals problem. And the world can watch how "reponsible and caring the muslim nations are".

Last edited:
They are already ‘doing something’ remotely and safely and should continue. Ground invasion will not destroy Hamas and it will result in many Israeli deaths.
Hamas exists only because they control the territory of Gaza. Without territory they would be like ISIS - irrelevant. When ISIS owned territory - they were strong because owning a land allows you to get money and resources (and human resources too). Without that, you are just of basic terrorist group.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
It's totally inappropriate language.

It's like as if on 9/11 President Bush had said "well if these Saudi terrorists had trained better they could have hit the Capitol building instead of being forced down in a field in Pennsylvania."

Yeah, he's got that stupid little smirk on his face, trying to be cute. This is nothing to be cute about. Isn't the first time Biden has made an ass of himself like this though.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

It's like as if on 9/11 President Bush had said "well if these Saudi terrorists had trained better they could have hit the Capitol building instead of being forced down in a field in Pennsylvania."

Umm... No. It's not even in the same league as what you just suggested.

One was a devastating attack that killed over 2000 people...

The other was a failed rocket attack that accidentally killed some people in a parking lot. THEIR OWN PEOPLE!

Last edited:

Brucey

Umm... No. It's not even in the same league as what you just suggested.

One was a devastating attack that killed over 2000 people...

The other was a failed rocket attack that accidentally killed some people in a parking lot. THEIR OWN PEOPLE!
He saying if Hamas had better aim they could have killed a bunch of Israelis instead. That may be true but you don't say the quiet part aloud. Unless you have advancing dementia. He needs to go back into his basement, just can't be trusted unmuzzled, he will say crazy stuff.

Brucey

Yeah, he's got that stupid little smirk on his face, trying to be cute. This is nothing to be cute about. Isn't the first time Biden has made an ass of himself like this though.
I'm sure by election season next year he'll be regaling us with tales of how he was driving the first IDF tank in the Gaza ground assault...to add to his ever growing list of "tall tales with Uncle Joe"

VortexCortex

Neo Member
The missing autistic girl who was a Harry Potter fan was unfortunately found dead today, murdered along with her 80 year old grandmother.

I'm out of this thread for a bit, I just can't man.

My fucking heart hurts reading this, its hard to read this as is, but it's harder reading this as a parent of an autistic child.

I can't wait to go home from work and just hug my boy.

Rest in Power Noya and her Grandma

Look after yourselves folks

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
He saying if Hamas had better aim they could have killed a bunch of Israelis instead. That may be true but you don't say the quiet part aloud. Unless you have advancing dementia. He needs to go back into his basement, just can't be trusted unmuzzled, he will say crazy stuff.

No he isn't.

Stop adding in stuff that wasn't there.

IF he was saying what you're insinuating, he would have said something else.

is something getting lost in translation? When dudes talk shit to someone they don't like, they'll say shit like that ... "Motherfucker, you should have stayed in the gym because your punches are WEAK! That's why you're in the hospital now and I'm not."

it's implied he's calling them stupid.

Peggies

Gold Member
Nothing wrong there. Your Prime Minister said: “We have an openness in Europe, which is one of the important reasons why we need to keep an eye on the EU’s external border because otherwise people can easily move between European countries.
Which is very much true but has been a big
No Way Family GIF
for the last years.

bbmcgee

Banned

This is a bad comparison, cause 911 actually worked and killed Americans.

It would be more like if 911 failed and he made a joke that they need flight school.

Its a cringe comment but I can see what he's doing, I don't think its a big deal

BlackTron

Grandpa Biden was trying to make a snarky remark about adversaries being incompetent. It was an extremely dumb and bad attempt in the context of the situation. But it's just a failed attempt to be sassy, not an actual suggestion that Hamas should do better hitting Israeli targets. Give me a break.

jason10mm

Gold Member
The missing autistic girl who was a Harry Potter fan was unfortunately found dead today, murdered along with her 80 year old grandmother.

Noya Dan sounds like a hreat name to put on that massive hospital complex in Gaza. EVERY street and building in that place should be renamed for an innocent killed by Hamas on or after 10/7.

Never let them forget.

BlackTron

Just want to say if they manage to get a good number of the hostages back in one piece I'll be very impressed with whatever tactics they used to get it done -whatever combination of negotiating and/or special forces it might be.

Nankatsu

Just want to say if they manage to get a good number of the hostages back in one piece I'll be very impressed with whatever tactics they used to get it done -whatever combination of negotiating and/or special forces it might be.
I think by now it's pretty obvious the hostages will be collateral damage.

Even if Israel soldiers manage to somehow imprison Hamas in their own tunnels, most likely those same tunnels are C4 rigged to the teeth, in order to take everyone with them, in case they need to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom