• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
She is so fucking stupid. It's a total embarrassment she is an elected leader. Even worse that she is propped up as some sort of leader or intellect in our government.

My 1st grader has better critical thinking skills than her.
Whats even more amazing is somehow these wacky politicians get voted in to be representatives of their city or region. It goes to show the mentality of the voters who want these people to lead them.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

Math isn’t being taught in California public schools anymore, but something else is.

That's pathetic. Do they even know what "from the river to the sea" even means? I'd actually go further and say they most likely know nothing of the history of that region. At all.

They probably just think "Palestinian are the good guys and Israel are bad". No other thoughts. Just sheep with a hive mentality.

The madness of crowds.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Wow. Did these kinds of mobs happen in other countries too like how many cities in Europe and Canada are having anti-Semite rallies recently?

I don't know about Europe or Canada. It would probably take longer than I have today to look it up... that probably tells you how much i know about the histories of Europe and Canada. But I will say that I never came across any stories about rallies or whatever in other countries the way they happened here. Europe and Canada DO have pockets of anti-blackness (and other POC), some larger than others, but by and large, other than the Neo-Nazis and such, nothing akin to our KKK and the reach they had in all aspects of the country. And it was FAR more insidious (overall) than these weird rallies being so fucking anti-semitic... however, Europe (and to some extent the US) has a long history of anti-semitism.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Drone attacks against US forces in Syria reported.

Israel evacuating embassies throughout the Middle East.

Nonehxc

I'm don't see it that grim, being from Spain and having quite a big arab muslim population, even nationals. They're pretty chill, we have the odd outliers, but...

We are Pork Everywhere.

Hell, we even invented the best chomp ever, the Jamon Ibérico.

You would only have to tell us 'They're gonna ban Jamón!!!' and you'll see the population, even the kids(a hyper common food we ALL eat since being able to eat solid food is a Jamón & Cheese sandwich) march on a murdeorus rampage from the Sea of Vizcaya in the North to the Alboran Sea between Morocco and us. 🤭

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Hi all! Long time no speak! While I was away I moved to Israel and got married! Had to leave my consoles behind, so I'm moving onto pc gaming with the Lenovo Legion Go once that bad boy comes out.

ANYWAY. These last week and a half or so has not been easy. I'm way up in the North, about 2 hours away by car from the Lebanon boarder, so while we don't have Hamas to worry about we do have Hizbollah to be concerned with.

If G0D forbid they decide to get involved then I will most likely be dealing with rocket attacks by them. Last week our Government alert system for times of war which notifies you with a siren sound on your phone (as well as sirens all around town) started on my phone and in town. Our apartment has our own private bomb shelter, which is really great as once you hear that siren you only have 30 seconds until the rocket lands. The sirens go off and we run to the bomb shelter, I call my friend who doesn't have a bomb shelter and tell him to get over to my one ASAP with his family. He comes with his 2 friends (his wife and kids were out at the time), we take our weapons (Home Front command actually says to have weapons for self defence), unfortunately no guns but we had knives, and we waited. All of a sudden the alarms went off again on our phone. Telling us that their were drones flying in. A few minutes pass and then another siren, this time telling us that Hizbollah had inflitratred my town using ultra light weight planes. We had turn off our lights, grab our knives and just wait. This lasted for an hour. Then we had the all clear. It turned out it was 'human error' and someone had pressed the wrong alert button.

I was traumatised from the experience. I'm better now but it wasn't easy to say the least.

Just one personal story from this whole thing. No one should ever have to say goodbye to their friends and family like I had to go through. Ever.

I remember you. I don't think we had much interaction. But I'm glad you're alright. Congratulation on the marriage! Please be safe!!!!

Catphish

I'm no fan of AOC, believe that, but what she's said here is right. The Israeli policy of collective punishment is something that needs to be discussed, and a cease-fire can allow the literal dust to settle, maybe for that discussion to take place.

And the CNN interviewer isn't really putting her on the spot. She's asking questions and barely allowing time for an answer.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

I'm going to go out on a limb and say many do know from the river to the sea is a dog whistle for genocide of Jews
Trust me, they don't. People barely know anything except "hero derp free Palestine", most people I know who "support" Palestine don't know shit about the region.

At most, these people may have read people on twitter saying that it's anti semitic.

eNT1TY

Wow, the clown narrative in "some" circles now is that IDF used Hamas munitions launched from the wreckage of previous target sites to carry out the attack on the hospital. That is some Comaneci tier mental gymnastics and Piccolo reach.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
My first question, I was just trying to see how the recent big groups of anti-Jew mobs "death to Jews" in cities around the world had similar large mobs of people saying "death to Black people".
KKK or whatever they call themselves now is still racist and anti-Semitic. Pro Hamas groups are NO different and commit the same crimes against humanity as those who shaped the 3rd Reich and yes, the KKK.

Hope this video is shareable. Who said that? Hamas or ISIS...

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
i5GrHp6.jpg

jason10mm

Gold Member
wooooooooow, all I want to read is that she is sitting in jail right now and has been barred from academia for life.

Of course Ron Pearlman said a similar thing about movie studio execs and AFAICT nothing happened to him so who knows?

I wonder what prompts these people to mouth off in such a public fashion so easily traceable back to themselves. Do they think just a small circle of like minded friends will read it and golf clap each other? Do they think there will be a protective shield around them? Do they have no understanding of how this reads? Or is academia just that insular that this seems like a perfectly rational statement?

DeaDPo0L84

I'm no fan of AOC, believe that, but what she's said here is right. The Israeli policy of collective punishment is something that needs to be discussed, and a cease-fire can allow the literal dust to settle, maybe for that discussion to take place.

And the CNN interviewer isn't really putting her on the spot. She's asking questions and barely allowing time for an answer.
The only discussion to be had is not IF Israel should pursue collective punishment, but how to carry it out. The time for coming together and sitting at a table across from one another went away when children were being kidnapped and beheaded, and husbands were forced to watch their wife be raped by these monsters.

Ogbert

Gold Member

I can’t listen to her. She is so fucking thick.

To be clear, none of these cunts think Israel has the right to do anything. They are lying when they say Israel has a right to self-defense. It’s bullshit. AOC, deep down, agrees with the attacks.

Know your enemy.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Fired already. StopAntisemitism putting in work.

Good.

You'll never get the really low brow people with nothing to change, but at least for people who look like they got a decent living (school or job), having these people getting fired for a being a known hater is a start. When people have something to lose and can get labeled on social media, it'll change lots of those bandwagoners acting like jerks in the open.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I can’t listen to her. She is so fucking thick.

To be clear, none of these cunts think Israel has the right to do anything. They are lying when they say Israel has a right to self-defense. It’s bullshit. AOC, deep down, agrees with the attacks.

Know your enemy.

Jocko Willink seems to be saying similar things as AOC here. Not saying they're both right or both wrong...but the interviewer seems to be the most obvious idiot here. "ArE yOu SaYiNg ThEy ShOuLd Do NoThInG?!"

Ogbert

Gold Member
Jocko Willink seems to be saying similar things as AOC here. Not saying they're both right or both wrong...but the interviewer seems to be the most obvious idiot here. "ArE yOu SaYiNg ThEy ShOuLd Do NoThInG?!"

I would respect calls for temperance from individuals who expressed revulsion from the initial attacks.

AOC and her ilk did no such thing. They stayed silent. The most barbaric atrocities in recent memory and they couldn’t raise the slightest concern.

But as soon as the act was returned with interest, they suddenly scream venom at Israel. Where is AOC’s condemnation of Hamas and their absolutely deliberate policy of ensuring civilian casualties are maximised?

Her criticism is one way and absolutely cynical.

She can fuck off. The perfect lodestar for ahistorical moral scumbags that make up modern day liberalism.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Like the great Elke used to say. For as long as we sow division, we will reap war.

It's a horrible reality, but humanity needs to evolve. Build bridges because we all have the same needs. Everybody just wants to cover their own behinds. We should have been further ahead than that.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I just can't quite put my finger on what seems to have caused all these "radical" views in the middle east. I think it may be a "religion" that has caused this? 🤔

iran-before-and-after-1.jpg
Pixstory-image-163645560117013.png

h2FDZ.jpg
26ccfef2678805b354620c6160a155b3.jpg
I remember seeing this stuff too. I never knew the mid east seemed so open and westernish way back.

I can only assume (I know assumptions are bad) that corrupt government took over. Somehow all those wacky cleric dudes in robes got in power in a shady way and pushed all their hardcore religious stuff. I cant see how anyone would voluntarily vote in a government wanting a crackdown on women's freedom like that. Might as well add a ball and chain to the dress code.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I remember seeing this stuff too. I never knew the mid east seemed so open and westernish way back.

I can only assume (I know assumptions are bad) that corrupt government took over. Somehow all those wacky cleric dudes in robes got in power in a shady way and pushed all their hardcore religious stuff. I cant see how anyone would voluntarily vote in a government wanting a crackdown on women's freedom like that. Might as well add a ball and chain to the dress code.
Revolution. People actually wanted this, now they don't.

I can't imagine how horrible it is to live like that.

Mikado

What’s going on is that our universities, in the US and UK, have been infested with some of the most virulently unpleasant and bigoted people around.

They are scumbags.

The Academy needs purging.

I get that, but I feel like we're missing some details.

To elaborate on my previous WTF post:

Who is making these people this way and how is it even being effective? Most people don't listen to a goddamn thing you tell them, so how are these people getting so aligned?
Surely if there were big meetings at every organization where they're like "We're pivoting our business toward hating the jews, how can we best serve that goal", that somebody would call that out? What even is the end goal?

Why not just hate everyone like proper racists? Maybe they do? Are they focus-firing on one group at a time? When they're done with this campaign, they'll turn their attention to, I don't know, Unitarians or something?

The last 200 hours or so have been absolutely surreal. The naked bloodlust on display is terrifying and how the fuck did we miss it boiling away just under the surface this entire time.

Edit:

Also get it - we're seeing a few dozen absolutely shit takes every day which seems like a lot, and it is definitely a few dozen too many - but there are billions of people on the planet, 10's or 100's of millions of them in our own countries and the vast vast majority of them are normal, wholesome people just trying to do their jobs, raise their families and live their lives.

We hear about shit on the internet that we never would or should have.

I'm counting on the fact that the enraging shit we see is what gets pushed to us, because "I hates da joos" gets more clicks than "Today, I filled in for the coach of my daughter's soccer team because he was out sick".

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Weeeelllll one of them was the US overthrowing the democratic government of Iran

There's reasons why their people often seem so split from their shitty government

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom