• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason10mm

Gold Member
The thirst is real :p

47hkk9v.jpg

But good grief, that press person just got a job in northern Alaska...sheesh.

Brucey

US issues rare worldwide travel warning amid raised terror fears
Brad Ryan in Washington DC profile image
28m ago
By Brad Ryan in Washington DC

Heightened tensions around the world have prompted the American government to issue a Worldwide Caution Security Alert for its citizens overseas.

The rare State Department alert says:

"Due to increased tensions in various locations around the world, the potential for terrorist attacks, demonstrations or violent actions against US citizens and interests, the Department of State advises US citizens overseas to exercise increased caution."

It advises travelling Americans to stay alert in locations frequented by tourists, sign up for the Smart Traveler program and follow the State Department on social media.

Earlier this week, the State Department warned Americans against travelling to Lebanon.

The US embassy in its capital, Beirut, has been one of many Middle Eastern locations where demonstrations erupted after Tuesday's hospital blast in Gaza.

State Department spokesman Matthew Miller said there was "not necessarily any one thing" that had prompted the warning, "but everything that we're watching around the world".

Gentlemen. Prepare to defend yourselves.

Thaedolus

What?

We've only sent like 2% of our old arsenals and we're rebuilding the Iron Curtain, Russia being the supplier of iron in the millions of tones. With a few bones and brains mixed in.

Don't be afraid, just saw an Orc in Aadvidka using a rusty metal pipe with a handle soldered onto it as a 'mortar'. The mortar shell is probably a NK one more dangerous to the one launching than to anyone downrange.

2PkJ770.jpg

We're in no way under a kaboom shortage. And we're emptying the arsenals of their friends 🤭
That may be true, but if an enemy perceives that we might be running low/stretched too thin, they might think they have an opportunity.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
California high schools again

Education staff have no tact, anymore.

It's not even a matter of "introducing controversial stances or opinions on children," to me, so much as the ideologically charged phrasing used.

The specific example is obviously different, but I had seen different ideas and positions tantamount to this ALL the time in my high school tenure. The difference being that these concepts were presented to me in language very non-biased and open to interpretation.

My teachers showed me Concept A and Concept B as demonstration. "These are two things that people believe," Here, it's quite obviously been warped and weaponized into "These are two things that people believe, but only the morally just, attractive, correct people believe Concept A,"

While I'm not at all surprised to see vile rhetoric emerge from the University system, I am saddened to see it seeping down into high schools.
When I asked my daughters about it, they said nobody at school was talking about the situation at all, neither the staff nor the kids.
Florida public education is shit though.

Ogbert

Gold Member
I keep telling y’all this guys a fucking fraud…
I don’t think he’s necessarily a fraud.

I think he’s someone who is very intelligent but has absolutely zero wisdom. There’s something slightly two dimensional about him. Like an algorithm rather than a human.

Although yes, he could just be a massive fraud.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Blame the West's coup of the democratically elected Prime Minister Mossadeq ... Threw Iran into chaos which eventually resulted in the rise of the Ayatollah.

Mossadeq was trying to nationalize Iran's oil industry. That would have benefited the entire country and not just a few at the top.
I come from a country where government "nationalized" (expropriated, actually) all oil industry and it literally meant the collapse of the industry and today there's barely any gas for transportation, people do long lines even for days to fill the gas and most probably it runs out before most of them can fill. Yeah, expropriation is never a solution.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

It's not even a matter of "introducing controversial stances or opinions on children," to me, so much as the ideologically charged phrasing used.

The specific example is obviously different, but I had seen different ideas and positions tantamount to this ALL the time in my high school tenure. The difference being that these concepts were presented to me in language very non-biased and open to interpretation.

My teachers showed me Concept A and Concept B as demonstration. "These are two things that people believe," Here, it's quite obviously been warped and weaponized into "These are two things that people believe, but only the morally just, attractive, correct people believe Concept A,"
I did school basically from the 80s to mid 90s going thee full run of kindergarten to university. I then did a grad degree in the 2000s. I dont remember once ever having teachers inject politics and any hairbrained personal issues into school. It was very basic stuff. Math, English, mandatory French from I think grade 5 to grade 9 or 10, gym, etc..... and in high school you get the harder stuff ranging from accounting to chemistry, calculus etc... And ya, you still had to take english class all the way through and every kid jammed in as many floaty courses you got high marks in to complement harder requisite courses for university. Then business class has all the marketing, finance classes, as well as some mandatory sociology and psych classes.

It was so textbook, there was nothing for teachers and profs to mouth off personal politics. But at some point (maybe 2000s?), schooling changed and it seemed every nitwit teacher started jamming subjective content.

So when you got rogue teachers going nuts, principals who dont give a shit, perhaps some of these hot topics are even course curriculum(!), of course you get schools full of dumbass teachers and students with zero restraint.

And why would they stay cool? There's no balls and no punishment.

Nonehxc

That may be true, but if an enemy perceives that we might be running low/stretched too thin, they might think they have an opportunity.
I can assure you there's no one more afraid of a clash than China. For them, being drawn into an all out war means NATO mobilizes in its entirety, along with their economies, and we DWARF whatever is in front of by any metric except in the least important metric since before Alexander The Great...meat numbers.

Of course both sides would suffer losses, but just ask yourself this...what happens if we cut food, medicine and other aid, and we cut commerce with hostile countries? Not talking about kabooms, just doing NOTHING with them.

I'll let you research 🧐🔬 the food production deficits of the better off countries(China, Russia), and then extrapolate that to the much much much poorer and dumb ones being belligerent right now. And if you wish, read a bit about Russian and, specially, Chinese famines and what it meant for their population and their governments since the start of recorded history.

LordOfChaos

Ehhh, I know it's not the time to bring up but this post seems like an own goal "We might not be able to have basic affordable health care like most other countries BUT WE CAN BOMB THE SHIT OUT OF TERRORISTS THE MOST" *blares horn*

That's the joke usually

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I did school basically from the 80s to mid 90s going thee full run of kindergarten to university. I then did a grad degree in the 2000s. I dont remember once ever having teachers inject politics and any hairbrained personal issues into school. It was very basic stuff. Math, English, mandatory French from I think grade 5 to grade 9 or 10, gym, etc..... and in high school you get the harder stuff ranging from accounting to chemistry, calculus etc... And ya, you still had to take english class all the way through and every kid jammed in as many floaty courses you got high marks in to complement harder requisite courses for university. Then business class has all the marketing, finance classes, as well as some mandatory sociology and psych classes.

It was so textbook, there was nothing for teachers and profs to mouth off personal politics. But at some point (maybe 2000s?), schooling changed and it seemed every nitwit teacher started jamming subjective content.

So when you got rogue teachers going nuts, principals who dont give a shit, perhaps some of these hot topics are even course curriculum(!), of course you get schools full of dumbass teachers and students with zero restraint.

And why would they stay cool? There's no balls and no punishment.

Yeah, I suppose I should have been more concise in my previous post. I'm a 90's kid, so that shit was having it's seeds planted, but I didn't get math problems like "if one Missile kills 50 of our politically correct allies, and 760 of them die, have many missiles got fired?" or anything sore thumb like that, but in Civics, Social Studies, some of the more discussion oriented English classes, etc.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
In atlanta, while in my kindergarteners elementary school i noticed one of the afterschool program teachers/organizers was wearing a black and white checkered scarf… so i told my wife that i thought she was pro Palestine and my wife thought the woman was oblivious and it was just a coincidence…

Who is more likely correct?

Part of me wants to message the principal, would that be odd of me?

….if i was jewish id feel very uncomfortable, hell im not jewish and felt a bit uncomfortable

Last edited:
Glad it was a false alarm. Like the false take cover from inbound icbm alert in Hawaii a while ago. Sorry you only had knives to defend yourselves with. I was always under the impression that you guys could walk around with sub machine guns for protection but maybe that's just certain areas or for the politically connected?
If you go into the IDF you always have to have an AR with you. Always. After that service you can apply for one. If you didn't serve you apply, get a doctor letter saying your mentally fit to carry, have an interview and that's it. I think they give people hand guns. My wife and I are both applying. When we have them I'll let you know what model they are. When I was in that bomb shelter I was fully ready to kill if I had to. Thank G0D nothing happened and I hope it never ever will.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
In atlanta, while in my kindergarteners elementary school i noticed one of the afterschool program teachers/organizers was wearing a black and white checkered scarf… so i told my wife that i thought she was pro Palestine and my wife thought the woman was oblivious and it was just a coincidence…

Who is more likely correct?

Part of me wants to message the principal, would that be odd of me?

….if i was jewish id feel very uncomfortable, hell im not jewish and felt a bit uncomfortable

It's a symbol, yes.

Druckmann donating equally to Israel and Palestine aid to make up for his earlier since-deleted pro-Israel tweet.

Coward. Watch that money go to Hamas or to the PA for their pay to slay program. You either stand up against evil or you are with evil.

ZAKA are the guys who go to the scenes of terrorist attacks, take the Jewish bodies and purify them for burial in accordance with Jewish law. They were the first on the scene in the kibbutzim and the party, and were doing their holy selfless work while Hamas were shooting at the idf and them.

The money for the Palestinian side will just be funneled to Hamas etc. Not the actual people. Which has been going on for years. How do you think Hamas got all that money to build terror tunnels in the first place.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
The shittiest part is this misinformation is going to get even more people killed on both sides: this is really demonstrating how broken social media and all forms of media are now when the people responsible for gate keeping against so called disinformation are being duped by it in real time because they want to believe the lie.
The real problem is abandoning fact finding for the comfort of misinformation that feeds "your" narrative.

I saw that... this administration is so fucking inept. They find new and wondrous ways to make my proverbial jaw drop.
They have shown the tact of a rodeo clown. All of the public faces are more or less despised. These people look smug and idiotic with the professionalism of a shit stain.
Termites are more professional than this clown army.

Imagine fucking posting pictures of active DELTA Force. Morons!

offtopic

He measures in centimeters

I was going to say that we needed confirmation of what that teacher was getting at (it is possible to show a symbol like that as an example of a symbol of hate) but then took a quick look at the other visible items in the picture....

I teach at a large California high school with a pretty affluent community where we have a large mix of races and religion. We haven't had any incidents or talk on campus about this stuff at all afaik. Been watching my jewish and arabic students (all juniors and seniors) for signs of stress/anxiety but haven't seen anything too out of the ordinary. Doesn't mean it isn't there or they aren't hiding it (but experienced teachers can usually pick up any major changes in mental health).

Nydius

But at some point (maybe 2000s?), schooling changed and it seemed every nitwit teacher started jamming subjective content.

My mother was a K-8 teacher for 26 years. She took early retirement in 2008 for precisely these reasons. She watched this shift happen in real time and complained almost daily during her last 2 years that newer teachers and administrators didn’t care about teaching objectively anymore. A common complaint she’d express was that the newer teachers wanted their students to be their friends (rather than students) who shared their worldview while any complaints to administrators by other teachers, parents, and even other students were regularly discarded.

If I had a school-aged child these days, there’s no way in hell I’d let them go to public school.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
My mother was a K-8 teacher for 26 years. She took early retirement in 2008 for precisely these reasons. She watched this shift happen in real time and complained almost daily during her last 2 years that newer teachers and administrators didn’t care about teaching objectively anymore. A common complaint she’d express was that the newer teachers wanted their students to be their friends (rather than students) who shared their worldview while any complaints to administrators by other teachers, parents, and even other students were regularly discarded.

If I had a school-aged child these days, there’s no way in hell I’d let them go to public school.
Private school with home schooling to fill in gaps seems to be the only reasonable choice these days.

Nonehxc

Just a bit related, but Kazakhstan, being a muslim majority country, just banned the sale of drones to Russia.

p6ooAJa.jpg

'Kazakhstan is greatest country in world all other countries filled with little girls' 🤨👍🏼

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
1) no it isn't, it's just the only time you notice
2)Palestinians need to change, they need to recognize its the israeli's land too, and they need to stop their mantra of kill the jew and conquer the world

though why are palastinians given so much special consideration among refugees, the Karen, Hmong, Lebanese, and Syrian Christians, have all been forced from their homes on mass, why don't they get a fraction of the sympathy, hell The Karen are treated horribly by Burmain an actual apartheid state but you probably never even heard of them,

Compare and contrast what happened in Europa and in Israel at around the same time.

Immediately after WW2 borders were rewritten and this led to entire populations being expelled from their ancestral homes. Poland got the most eastern part of Germany while at the same time permanently losing the eastern half of its territory to the USSR. Between 1945 and 1946 more than 2.5 million Russians, 2.5 million Poles and 8 million Germans were forcibly resettled. None of this led to conflict or war, even when the Iron Curtain fell. Germany and Poland agreed that the current borders were final and that was it. It was much more important to keep peace in Europe than to reopen old wounds.

In 1948 Israeli settlers fought a war of independence with the Arab population. The Arabs lost, 80% of them fled and settled in neighboring Arab countries. And somehow after three quarters of a century the Palestinian issue is still a violent conflict. And why? Because the Arab countries didn't want this conflict settled, they kept fanning the flames of discontent and hate. Arab settlers from Palestine had to live in camps for decades, didn't immediately get full citizenship, were distrusted. Add to this religious fervor and an adoration of martyrdom and violence and you've got a ongoing blaze that the Arab world just doesn't want to put out.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

I'm sure it happened within minutes after her first 'Tweets' too. A large portion of the BoDs w/ Citi are Jewish and I'm sure she'll have the #openforwork tag on her LinkedIn for a few months...or years :)

Lebanon too but maybe a bit further back. Read a book by Brigitte Gabriel some years ago about how it was before and her experience being forced out once the Jihads took over with sharia.

How longs London got going by these metrics?

20? 30?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
All this anti semitism coming out for me, as a Jew just doesn't surprise me. It's always there and now the left use Israel etc as the mask for it. I've been getting anti semitic attacks in one way or another pretty much my whole life. It's nothing new. Surely people haven't forgotten the Corbyn Labour fiasco already?
Like I've already said, I'm Jewish and it's very disheartening to see all the anti-Semitism now. A lot of the anti-zionism is just a disguise for it and then there's the straight out anti-semitism.

And a lot of it isn't coming out from alt-right types either.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

How longs London got going by these metrics?

20? 30?

All my English mates are in the smaller towns like Dagenham or Swindon. I'd work on metrics for BAF to take out fire hoses and wash em' all out of the streets though. If it were me (thank goodness it isn't), take me like 5-minutes after hearing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom