• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

No Thank You Reaction GIF

DeaDPo0L84

I think it comes on at 5:00 p.m. Pacific time if I'm not mistaken. I want to watch it.
I just hope it's nothing but unequivocal support for Israel and anything they need to do to get rid of hamas as much as that is possible. Any attempt at trying to both sides this situation makes us look even more weak than we already are.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I just hope it's nothing but unequivocal support for Israel and anything they need to do to get rid of hamas as much as that is possible. Any attempt at trying to both sides this situation makes us look even more weak than we already are.
More than likely will get something about relief efforts for Palestine given there was nearly half-a-billion approved for that. If other Islamic nations are sticking their noses in though...it would then likely center around support for Israel. Obvious reason being that the U.S. is armed to the teeth and ready to step in if anyone else so much as farts towards Israel. We'll know soon enough.

LordOfChaos

I'm gonna say one thing though, I'm 0% a Putin or Russian war defender, but this is true. 603 days of a larger Ukraine war, and less children died than a few days of this one. Even direct Ukranian claims. That does say something about what the policy is to target or avoid, I should think.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

I don't want a hear ANOTHER word about Hamas being freedom fighters! The ANC under Nelson Mandela were freedom fighters! Malcolm X was a freedom fighter! MLK and the entire civil rights movement were freedom fighters!

They all had different methods but they were all for the SAME purpose: freedom from racial oppression!

Hamas just wants POWER and to kill anyone they perceive as a threat!

Atrus

Gold Member
I'm gonna say one thing though, I'm 0% a Putin or Russian war defender, but this is true. 603 days of a larger Ukraine war, and less children died than a few days of this one. Even direct Ukranian claims. That does say something about what the army policy is to target or avoid, I should think.

Russia has trafficked thousands of children and explicitly targeted buildings with children, including hospitals for disabled children, the Mariupol theatre, and escape routes used primarily by women and children.

Even factoring for the undercounting by the limited means of the UN, you are misattributing the results earned by all of those people both foreign and Ukrainian tasked with evacuating civilians from the front lines and even the country.

GreenAlien

I'm gonna say one thing though, I'm 0% a Putin or Russian war defender, but this is true. 603 days of a larger Ukraine war, and less children died than a few days of this one. Even direct Ukranian claims. That does say something about what the policy is to target or avoid, I should think.
It's because half the population in Gaza is children, and probably half their soldiers as well.. Also because Hamas use children as shields on purpose and direct civilians not to leave combat zones..

Vestal

Does anyone have a good break down of the Israeli coalition government formed for this? I am trying to get a better understanding of the Israeli political dynamic as we move through this.

tommib

Does anyone have a good break down of the Israeli coalition government formed for this? I am trying to get a better understanding of the Israeli political dynamic as we move through this.
Not a breakdown whatsoever but Yuval lives in Tel Aviv and at some point talks about current political dynamics and internal difficulties:

Last edited:

Nydius

Am I the only one who thought Biden’s speech was pretty weak? He spent the majority of his time talking about Ukraine, felt like his comments about Israel and Hamas were almost an afterthought. And his entire line about Islamophobia and 9/11? Is he blind? It’s not rampant Islamophobia I see parading around on American streets and on American universities and in middle eastern countries that claim to be American allies. Where was the condemnation of the open antisemitism being displayed?

I dunno, it didn’t feel very strong at all. Like he was just up there saying the “right” things while trying to be inoffensive to the base.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
It's a vocal minority, let's hope they never find work and find an arc of redemption thru their rise in McDonald's ranks

The poll finds 86% of college students saying they’re aware of the Oct. 7 attack on Israel. And of that share, 67% describe the attack as an act of terrorism by Hamas, versus 12% who see it as a justified act of resistance by Hamas. Another 21% describe it as something else other than an act of terrorism or resistance.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It's a vocal minority, let's hope they never find work and find an arc of redemption thru their rise in McDonald's ranks

Speaking bluntly here. People were brutally raped, tortured and murdered. These college kids went back to their nice cozy dorms. It doesn’t do a damn thing about the events that occurred.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Speaking bluntly here. People were brutally raped, tortured and murdered. These college kids went back to their nice cozy dorms. It doesn’t do a damn thing about the events that occurred.
It's about sharing and spreading the word. It's mostly because people don't see anything, and all of TikTok/Instagram are bots designed by AI to spread stories from both sides.

Everyone on this forum can share this, a place where all massacre images can be found:

I liked bidens' adress. I like he actually acknowledged that there are innocent palestinians. Sadly all their supporters in the Arab world rather burn down everything rather than letting the refugees in their country.

I'd never understand Americans that are against the aid given to Ukraine / Israel. I'd love my tax euros to go to that place instead of other bullshit. On paper it looks like a shitton of money, but in the grand scheme of things it's nothing basically.
Also what is being sent isn't just being build, it's almost all in storage rotting away...

As a European I can't thank the USA enough for keeping all of us safe while our own governments seem to activly try and destroy us from within with their policies.

Edit: While I never want Trump to win another election because in my oppinion he'd be a disaster for safety around the world, he was right that Europe needs to step up with their part in Nato.
My country seems too busy appeasing people coming here contributing nothing to our society than protecting the ones that do.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Biden is absolutely right to put Hamas/Iran and Russia as part of the same axis - because it is.

There are far too many morons floating about who don’t understand what’s going on, and don't want the west to support Ukraine so much. Despite the fact that supporting Ukraine weakens Russia incredibly, and alters the geopolitical power a huge amount to the USA’s favour.

Biden’s been handwringing way too much in recent months, which is partly the reason why these attacks have happened. I hope he’s discovered his old man balls again, right at the time when they are needed most.

Ozriel

M$FT

Not nearly the same thing. A large chunk of the war is being fought across open fields and in sparsely populated countryside, but there are villages and small towns that the war spills to, and in many of those there are well documented cases of Russian atrocities there, unprovoked.

It’s also weird to claim fewer children have been killed in Ukraine. Tens of thousands of civilians have been killed in indiscriminate bombing there, including the large number of casualties in the Mariupol theater bombing. Not to mention the kidnapping of untold thousands of Ukrainian children.

Ozriel

M$FT
Am I the only one who thought Biden’s speech was pretty weak? He spent the majority of his time talking about Ukraine, felt like his comments about Israel and Hamas were almost an afterthought. And his entire line about Islamophobia and 9/11? Is he blind? It’s not rampant Islamophobia I see parading around on American streets and on American universities and in middle eastern countries that claim to be American allies. Where was the condemnation of the open antisemitism being displayed?

I dunno, it didn’t feel very strong at all. Like he was just up there saying the “right” things while trying to be inoffensive to the base.

Wasn’t the speech clearly pre-announced as a discussion around a ‘global inflection point’?
It’s not only about the Israel-Hamas conflict or even specific to it…and one can clearly draw a straight line from Russia’s ambitions in Ukraine to their open support for Hamas and Iran.

It’s absolutely all tied together.

Dr.Morris79

I liked bidens' adress. I like he actually acknowledged that there are innocent palestinians. Sadly all their supporters in the Arab world rather burn down everything rather than letting the refugees in their country.

I'd never understand Americans that are against the aid given to Ukraine / Israel. I'd love my tax euros to go to that place instead of other bullshit. On paper it looks like a shitton of money, but in the grand scheme of things it's nothing basically.
Also what is being sent isn't just being build, it's almost all in storage rotting away...

As a European I can't thank the USA enough for keeping all of us safe while our own governments seem to activly try and destroy us from within with their policies.

Edit: While I never want Trump to win another election because in my oppinion he'd be a disaster for safety around the world, he was right that Europe needs to step up with their part in Nato.
My country seems too busy appeasing people coming here contributing nothing to our society than protecting the ones that do.
That's a whole lot of what the fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom