• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa600

I actually dont think Greta was aware of that symbolism. At the same I do think anyone should be super careful when doing these kind of polital statements. The moment I saw the kraken I was asking myself if this was intentional or if she is just clueless. Does she have noone in her PR-team to have pointed that out?

On the other hand I do think its super fucked up to post such a statement while not losing a single word about the victims on the other side. You know.. there are still hostages and such.. what about them? It comes across as saying the attack on israel (actually a slaughter of their civilians) was justified and that hamas is a resistance group and not a terror organisation.

jason10mm

Gold Member

BdMfl4P.jpg

People sure showed their true colors after Oct 7

Damn, the number of advanced degree girls on onlyfans is gonna SKYROCKET! I can finally say I go there for the quality of the conversation(*) :p

* just so long as we avoid the topics of race, religion, geopolitics, etc

And who is she talking to? Would he say "pork sausage" if he were jewish? Just a common reference to his dick or some sort of insult to a vegan, muslim, or more orthodox jew?

Nydius

Supporting the civilians in Gaza, the majority of whom are under 18 and thus weren't even alive or old enough to participate in the 2006 election that put Hamas in power, isn't antisemitism. Antisemitism is saying stuff like "Israel shouldn't exist" and jewish people being attacked. Islamophobia is definitely an issue too when you have a 6 year old boy get stabbed to death by his mother's landlord just because he and his mother were Palestinian-American.
Biden condemned both islamophobia and antisemitism in equal terms.

The people of Gaza have had ample time over the last 30 years to reject extremism and anti-Israeli leadership and kept electing them. Over and over and over again. They clearly have no desire to have peace and enable - both tacitly and explicitly - antisemitic actions taken by their leaders. Supporting Palestine means supporting the very people who enable terrorists. Full stop.

Spare me the “but the kids” trash. We’ve all seen what their kids are taught and it’s brainwashed hatred for Israel and the West.

Last edited:

Raven117

The projecting of different conflicts onto the Israel/Palestine conflict is....is....I'm just going to say it. Its fucking retarded.

Weak minded and stupid people are linking things together that are not linked. Israel/Palestine is not climate change. Its not civil rights in the U.S. Its not North Ireland. Its not "colonialism."

Its a separate and unique conflict that must be analyzed on its merits. Gawd, I feel like I have been eating crazy pills by the handful these past few weeks.

Nonehxc

When Putin asks Gerasimov...

'What Russian Empire in Avdiivka doing?' 🤨

JZi2EFW.jpg

'We're making lots and lots of boiled canned meat, Supreme Commander' 🫡

'Ukrainian boiled canned meat?' 😃

'NO' 😐

Those are weapons that the biggest arm dealer of the violent self-determination idiots around the world since the year 1945 won't be able to provide to them anymore. The more Russia dies, the more the world lives. Hamas won't get them, Syria won't get them, Hezbollah won't get them, African civil wars won't get them, etc. And not only theirs, they're running so low on the MASSIVE arsenal massed for 70 years under all the economic strenght the former superpower the Soviet Union could muster, they're emptying those cardboard ones of Iran and the knock-offs of North Korea.

And it's all thanks to the unsung warriors and fallen heroes busting their asses, and burning asses to ashes, right now, in the Avdiivka-Kupyansk axis in the North. Ukraine is inflicting the WORST casualties and loses since WWI to ANY country right now, defending the Terrikon, a mountain of coal high-ground. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They have the will, they have the skill, they have two big balls of Ukrainium Steel...

they need all the kabooms we can get our hands on and send them...

and they have this man. 🤨👇🏼

Please take a second to salute the absolute boss that this man has been. He will probably appear in books and movies, and will be studied in military schools.

He was the commander of the Defense of Kyiv at the start of the invasion, and we all know how it went.

He was the mastermind and commander behind the Kherson Feint and the North Blitzkrieg, where they feigned an offensive in Kherson, diverted Russian assets and troops from everywhere in Ukraine to the South...then proceeded to Leroy Jenkins Blitzkrieg them in the North, destroying huge amounts of armor and troops and capturing thousands of armor, arsenals, equipment, and most importantly, a huge chunk of their land. And then Russians were so fucked up they had to run from Kherson too!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Right now he is commanding the Avdiivka-Kupyansk junkyard, and he and his warriors are inflicting Russia the WORST loses of the war BY FAR. Like thousands of troops minced each day, hundreds of different armor, tanks, MLRSs, APCs, trucks, tankers, vehicles, ammo dumps, self propelled howitzers, equipment, etc charred each day.

Please stand up and salute with respect the big brain, the love for his country, and the two big balls that this man and his warriors have, I present you on the center...

Colonel General Oleksandr Stanislavovich Syrskyi 🫡🇺🇦🫡🇺🇦🫡🇺🇦🫡🇺🇦🫡🇺🇦🫡🇺🇦🫡🇺🇦

MW6zUix.jpg

Next to him on the right is Commander-in-Chief of the Ukrainian Army Valery Zaluzhnyi hearing first hand, on the commanding center of the Avdiivka-Kupyansk junkyard, from Colonel General Oleksandr Syrskyi how big is the salami Russia is being fucked with right now. 🫡🇺🇦🌭

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
The projecting of different conflicts onto the Israel/Palestine conflict is....is....I'm just going to say it. Its fucking retarded.

Weak minded and stupid people are linking things together that are not linked. Israel/Palestine is not climate change. Its not civil rights in the U.S. Its not North Ireland. Its not "colonialism."

Its a separate and unique conflict that must be analyzed on its merits. Gawd, I feel like I have been eating crazy pills by the handful these past few weeks.

One might say they are culturally appropriating the conflict.

cormack12

Gold Member
Hamas is really feeling the pressure

Just two? Wonder what's so special about these. I guess we will get some interviews pretty shortly then about conditions. Hooe they are in good condition.

Do you think the pressure is from the attacks from Israel, or the other Arab nations saying 'cmon nobheads'

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Just two? Wonder what's so special about these. I guess we will get some interviews pretty shortly then about conditions. Hooe they are in good condition.

Do you think the pressure is from the attacks from Israel, or the other Arab nations saying 'cmon nobheads'
Even though there are protests, the people opinion is really bad. They lost a lot of cred.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

People tear down the posters in London of children kidnapped by Hamas.

So they bring a van with a digital billboard showing the kidnapped children.

London police order them to turn off the billboard and vacate central London, because it is a “breach of the peace” that could incite violence by Hamas supporters.

jason10mm

Gold Member

London police order them to turn off the billboard and vacate central London, because it is a “breach of the peace” that could incite violence by Hamas supporters.

Dammit, the scots, welsh, and irish were right, the english are a plague :p

Smiggs

The glaring contradiction the police are making by letting these vile terrorist sympathizers push around folks just looking for missing people makes me wonder if the whole police force is compromised, or if they're just a bunch of fucking cowards. Not good either way.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
ALL hostages, or just non-Israeli ones?

Personally, I would consider any "negotiation" to release non-Israeli hostages to be an act of war. Those should have been released immediately (or, you know, not taken at all). Releasing israeli (or dual citizen) persons, PARTICULARLY children and the elderly, non-combatants, should ALSO be "hang on, we grabbed some by mistake, here you go they are all fine" or ACT OF WAR. Really, the only "hostages" that should be in a negotiation would be a uniformed Israeli soldier taken while on duty.

The idea you can just scoop up rando folks and somehow get a concession for returning them is BARBARIC and should be denounced worldwide lest we descent into a world of hostage taking as defacto diplomacy.

LordOfChaos

Israel will "cease responsibility for life in Gaza" after this operation 😲

I mean it makes sense, who feeds the mouth that bites them, but I wonder who is going to pick up the tab if Israel stops giving them free water and electricity

Other news

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

I think they're going to reach the 1,000 signatures. I haven't heard much about this but Westin hosting the Hamas? So, terrorists attacked in 9/11 and the world was appalled by the evil. Zoom forward to 2023 and we have people giving them room service? This is disgusting.

Smiggs

Good. It shows where to aim.
I get that there are extremists all over the world, in all walks of life, but seeing the massive amount of antisemitic assholes crawling out of the woodwork the last couple weeks has been... beyond harrowing. I had no idea how pervasive it was, especially in western societies. And all of them seem so emboldened by the terror attack on Israel, Seeing normal people rejoicing in the slaughter of innocents, just because of their faith or heritage. I just don't know how we can move forward as a society living amongst these vile pieces of human excrement.

Nonehxc

Pretty accurate, except for Poland...

The Winged Hussars are chomping at the titanium chains with which we're holding them, they're like 'ok, peace's cool, but if we WWIII, can we go first to fuck Russia with our poles? Pretty Please? '🙏🏻🥹❤️

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

I get that there are extremists all over the world, in all walks of life, but seeing the massive amount of antisemitic assholes crawling out of the woodwork the last couple weeks has been... beyond harrowing. I had no idea how pervasive it was, especially in western societies. And all of them seem so emboldened by the terror attack on Israel, Seeing normal people rejoicing in the slaughter of innocents, just because of their faith or heritage. I just don't know how we can move forward as a society living amongst these vile pieces of human excrement.
I know what you mean, sadly though this western society has been tanking head first down the pan for quite a few years now and to be fair, when you look at some of the positions these people have, in this tanking society, then it's becoming apparent as to why it's been happening all along

Academia, arts, media, public services. Most things these days have been inundated with this rot

It's great to see the enema in action. Sadly, I doubt it will correct the ship.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Per FT. ~50,000 terrorist soldiers in Gaza, between Hamas and Islamic Jihad. Gaza is of a similar size to Mosul (about 2x), where we fought ISIS. Mosul had 8,000 ISIS fighters and took 100,000 US-coalition troops to clear, with 8,000 allied lives lost and 10,000 civilians killed. Mosul took nine months.

The invasion will be extremely difficult.

The mission to clear the city of jihadi militants was ultimately successful. But the fighting was intense, took three times longer than planned, left 10,000 civilians dead, and killed more coalition soldiers than expected.

The battle to recapture the northern Iraqi city of Mosul from Isis in 2016 is a potential guide to what may happen if Israeli forces launch a ground offensive against Hamas militants in Gaza. It also offers a cautionary tale for the Israeli troops massing for the widely expected attack.

“It’s going to be fiendishly difficult,” said David Petraeus, a former US general who led Iraq’s allied forces during the 2007 “surge” and then Nato and US forces in Afghanistan. “I just can’t imagine more difficult circumstances.”

Benjamin Netanyahu, prime minister of Israel, and his war cabinet have clearly set out their war aims after Hamas fighters killed about 1,400 Israelis and took more than 200 people hostage in a surprise attack on October 7. The tasks for Israel’s armed forces are fourfold: topple the Hamas regime and destroy its military capabilities; remove the threat of attacks from Gaza; secure the return of hostages held by Hamas; and defend Israel’s borders and citizens.

But as the battle for Mosul shows, achieving just the first of these objectives is likely to be a gruelling task. Among the challenges facing Israel Defense Forces in Gaza, military officials and analysts said, are likely to be houses rigged to explode, fighters wearing civilian clothes, military facilities hidden underneath schools and other civilian structures, and weapons stored in mosques. Hamas is also deeply embedded in Palestinian society.

“Urban warfare is just one problem after another,” said a western special forces officer who accompanied Iraqi forces fighting in Mosul six years ago. “There is also no limit to the troop requirements,” he added. “Even if Israel sent 10mn soldiers into Gaza, it would still take a long time. And that’s just taking the territory; holding it is another matter.” The special forces officer added: “A more realistic mission would be to send in the IDF to damage a chunk of Hamas’ capabilities, eliminate enough of the leadership, and then pull back.”

Petraeus agreed Israel’s military commanders were likely to be discussing a range of options with the war cabinet and “explaining: look, we can destroy Hamas, but here’s what it would take. This is what it would mean.” A stream of western leaders and senior officials have delivered similar messages.

Rishi Sunak, UK prime minister, arrived in Israel on Thursday to show support but also to advise restraint. Similarly, US president Joe Biden in Tel Aviv the day before said Israel should not be “consumed” by rage and needed to avoid repeating the “mistakes” Washington made after the September 2001 terror attacks.

The battle for Mosul — which is similar in size to Gaza’s urban areas and had a comparable population of about 2mn when the city was occupied by Isis — began on October 16 2016. Inside the city were roughly 8,000 Isis fighters, compared with Gaza where Hamas has an estimated 30,000 to 40,000 fighters and Palestinian Islamic Jihad another 15,000 men under arms. Ranged against the militants in Mosul was an attacking force of 100,000 US-led Iraqi forces, compared with more than 160,000 troops in Israel’s standing army and 360,000 newly mobilised reservists.

In the skies above Mosul, international coalition planes provided constant surveillance and air strikes — similar to the Israeli fighter jets that have been hitting hundreds of Hamas targets. “Intelligence soaks”, by drones and other forms of surveillance, provided a detailed set of targets for them to attack.

Initial progress in Mosul was swift, but soon slowed as the attackers encountered fierce resistance. The Pentagon adjusted its rules on the use of air power, allowing air strikes to take place with less oversight. But Isis fighters then packed hundreds of civilians into government buildings to use as human shields, sometimes moving them through tunnels from one fighting position to another. Half-destroyed buildings surrounded by rubble, meanwhile, provided the jihadis with what one US commander described as ideal bomb-proof shelters.

“Cities have thousands of hiding places,” said the special forces officer. “If you want to remove an enemy, you have to clear the area house by house. But that puts you in 360 degrees of danger. You can’t just sweep through.” The battle for Mosul claimed the lives of 8,000 soldiers from the US-led coalition, and a fight expected to take three months ultimately took nine. “Hamas knows Gaza far better than [Isis] knew Mosul,” Petraeus said. “Moreover, it took us nine months [to capture Mosul] and Israel does not have that time . . . They know that international public opinion is going to shift . . . as the damage accumulates, and innocent civilians are killed.”

What the IDF does have is a series of carefully worked out plans to destroy Hamas’s capabilities, according to a 2017 study by the Rand Corporation, a Washington think-tank with ties to the US military. Ranked as small, medium and large, the plans were worked out before the IDF’s last ground invasion of Gaza in 2014. The smallest one involved the IDF taking control of northern Gaza without entering populated areas — a situation similar to the current state of fighting there. The medium plan envisaged a larger ground incursion into northern and southern areas. The largest plan involved taking all of Gaza. Although the plans remain secret, Israeli defence planners have worked out the forces needed to conduct each operation, according to the Rand study. Israel has also established a clear command and control structure, overseen by the general staff but operationally led by IDF’s southern command. Nevertheless, despite this careful planning, the chances of a swift Israeli operation in Gaza are slight.

Isis had only two years to ready its defences in Mosul while Hamas has had several in Gaza, said John Spencer, a former US major now at the Modern War Institute at West Point, speaking on a recent podcast about the potential offensive. Adding to the intricacies of Gaza’s terrain is a huge network of tunnels built by Hamas under the strip. Gaza City also has about 60 buildings of six floors or taller, versus almost none so tall in Mosul, according to Michael Knights at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. “The IDF may yet surprise us,” said Ben Barry, a former British armoured infantry battalion commander. “In the end, it is all relative: if the defenders are highly motivated and well supplied with weapons that can produce a sufficient density of effective fire to stop the attackers, they can hold. If they don’t, it is another matter.”
"

Mohonky

I'm legit confused on the hostage posters. Why are people putting them up around the world? What's the purpose here, I assume it's just to put faces to those currently captured by Hamas?

LordOfChaos

64% of Palestinians taken in by Denmark acquired criminal records. This is not to stoke racism against them. But it adds further clarity on why 19 arab states aren't taking them anymore either, and I think it would be hard to point to any people that were as self destructive to their own lives and caged themselves in this badly. Part of this no doubt is deliberate by Hamas and sympathizers so they have nowhere else to go.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm legit confused on the hostage posters. Why are people putting them up around the world? What's the purpose here, I assume it's just to put faces to those currently captured by Hamas?
Uh....yeah?

I'm legit confused why folks tearing them down aren't beaten about the head and shoulders with a knotted rope, but that's just the bourbon talking....

jason10mm

Gold Member
Per FT. ~50,000 terrorist soldiers in Gaza, between Hamas and Islamic Jihad. Gaza is of a similar size to Mosul (about 2x), where we fought ISIS. Mosul had 8,000 ISIS fighters and took 100,000 US-coalition troops to clear, with 8,000 allied lives lost and 10,000 civilians killed. Mosul took nine months.
I think a key difference is that in Gaza, I'm not sure the Israelis care if there are any buildings left....while in Iraq we wanted to leave at least a semi-functioning Mosul behind. I'm guessing we will see the IDF isolate parts of the city (that northern one at first), and just squeeze out anyone inside the perimeter. They will probably allow non-MAM (military aged males) to flee out and will then use area effect weapons on anyone left (ostensibly to detonate any booby traps). Personally I think they will eventually open a channel (one-way) from Gaza into egypt and just let the Palestinians flee there. Probably gonna be a "Trail of Tears" type moment, sadly, but I don't think they have any other choice unless they get real lucky and happen across all the Hamas leadership in one room or something. I think the unspoken IDF 'plan' is to wipe out so many palestinian males that there is no physical capability to wage terror anymore. Plus they are just gonna seal Gaza off from Israel and let anyone left rot, though without any water or power the area will just be a desolate urban wasteland. Of course Hamas caused all this and could end it today if they wanted, but we all know that ain't gonna happen. All those "non-Hamas supporting normal Palestinians" could also end all this, as I'm pretty sure everyone there knows where a few bomb/munition caches, Hamas bigwigs, cluster of hostages, Hamas barracks, etc are and could either deal with it themselves or report to the IDF for an airstrike while clearing folks away, but are they doing that????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom