• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrA

Wait what, she's some type of Christian? I thought the whole appeal was the repressed gone while breaking out of the hijab thing, I've been lied to! I think she's even done videos in it 😅
yep, Maronite Catholic family, wonder why they fled Lebanon, spoiler Alert the other girl is from Cuba

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Yeah, so, for what it's worth, the octopus plushy is a very popular thing. I have the exact same one that Greta has in that shot. My kid gave it to me, and it's sitting on my work desk. It's reversible. Angry/sad one way, happy the other. Mine's currently angry.

It's a child's toy. What even is this bullshit drama over it?

Shit's got me defending Greta Thunberg.

What a world.
I know people who collect German WWll planes among other model planes. Seems a bit ironic and deliberate if one were to take one of those and place it in a photo defending Nazi Germany. Plushy might be pretty innocent but, given how widespread the blue kraken was with anti-Semitic propaganda; this was deliberate. If we're going to be defending Thunberg, you might as well hold up one of those signs too and burn a bra.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
According to Sweden’s main newspaper DN, Sweden’s Left Party funded a communist Palestinian terrorist group, DFLP, that committed the October 7th massacre alongside Hamas.

There are many Swedes that would find that appalling. I understand many have laws protecting freedom of expression. However, many are abusing that and overstepping into much more extreme activity which will remain with them as a permanent record. I'm unsure when/if things will wind down but when they do, there'll be hell to pay on the people supporting all this terrorist crap.

Gp1

The engagement of Houthi cruise missiles and drones by the Arleigh-Burke class destroyer USS Carney on Thursday in the Red Sea took place for far longer than initially reported, with more targets destroyed than first indicated. You can read our initial reporting on the incident here.

The Carney shot down four land attack cruise missiles and 19 drones, a U.S. official told The War Zone Friday. The engagements took place over a nine-hour period, CNN reported Friday.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
What I don't get is where the hate is coming from toward the Jews. The muslims, I can understand, but the Indian American lawyer? Like what motivates her? I mean at this point it's quite clear all these people coming out of the woodwork wants israel gone. The dog whistles are unambiguous at this point, delivered with the kind of bravado you would have when you think victory is at hand and there won't be consequences.
Antisemitsm comes mostly from this: success.

Jews have had a Holocaust, pogroms, been thrown out, exiled, killed, banned, slaved, couldn't own land, etc. And still, the Jewish faith endured. Think that our religion has been around for 3000 years or so, and there are only 16m of us. And we never play the victim. We survive.

The other people who join in today is mostly because of Israel (which is why anti-zionism=antisemitism), where some don't like seeing Jews having actual defense power or think of us as white against brown people.

Woggleman

The thing a lot of people don't understand is the woke mentality. Their whole world view is based on who is and is not the oppressor class. That is how they divide the world and in their eyes Israelis are white oppressors. They could be almost any religion and they would be viewed that way because according to woke logic they are white oppressors going against the non white Palestinians, The Nazis and KKK don't view Jewish people as white but the woke crowd sure does so therefore they are the oppressor class and must be opposed. Anti-Semitism is part of it but certainly not the whole picture.

Romulus

Jews have had a Holocaust, pogroms, been thrown out, exiled, killed, banned, slaved, couldn't own land, etc. And still, the Jewish faith endured. Think that our religion has been around for 3000 years or so, and there are only 16m of us. And we never play the victim. We survive.

The other people who join in today is mostly because of Israel (which is why anti-zionism=antisemitism), where some don't like seeing Jews having actual defense power or think of us as white against brown people.

Yeah they build dynasties on top of "muh oppression" excuses. Fuck rags to riches. Gas chambers to riches.

Last edited:

MrA

We're having fun here in Canada folks

intro-1645630659.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yeah they build dynasties on top of "muh oppression" excuses. Fuck rags to riches. Gas chambers to riches.
Unlike a lot of the people in the mid east, Jewish people stive for success despite setbacks. Seems like a very disproportionate number of Jewish people in law, science, Nobel prize winners, media, business and banking. Not too often you see them aiming for bottom of the ladder career fields, or sitting around slumming it or dropping out of school.

Salty Hippo

It's really no wonder the overlap of antisemites and communists is so big. Two ideologies based on envy and not much else.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

Are you sure she is indian (not that there aren't a lot of idiot indian leftists)? Choudhary is a pretty common surname in Pakistani Punjab too. A lot of Hindus who were converted to Islam in that area kept their original surnames.
If she's muslim that makes perfect sense.

Ah that explains it. Just the same hatred towards whites but against the religious manifestation of what white people represent...

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Cognitive rigidity is negatively correlated with intelligence and positively correlated with extremist attitudes.

Basically, really dumb people are more likely to be ideologues like communists, fascists, or religious fundamentalists--people who are eager to stop thinking for themselves and want everyone else to follow suit. It's no surprise that adherents to extremes on both the far-left and far-right tend to hate successful people and attribute success in others to conspiracy and underhanded measures.

This Jew stands with Palestine? Traitor to the Jewish people. Let her go to Gaza with her support and get raped and butchered by Hamas with her support.

Disgusting. Oh and F Greta. These kids don't know shit. Someone should remind them that Hamas would happily butcher them too. Israel are getting rid of Hamas for the future for kids like this. They don't know shit.
Wow. I'm out of this thread.

Also, I don't think standing firmly on one side and only worrying about America is "knowing shit". Saying everything other than your opinion is nuts and she should be shipped to gaza to die is what is nuts.

You are part of the problem. And this thread feels narrow minded, one sided and, well... Not very nice. Extremist even.
These are your people, Greta.
A population with no quality of life will have no culture.

Nobody doubts that is happening, but the solution is not killing these people. Nor does it justify taking away their territory and bombing them like rats. That will make it worse, and it's reminiscent of what people did to jews in the first place.

This used to happen in Morocco until the king issued a prohibition for religious congregations to have political messages during mass.

The solution is development and predictability. This was possible in Morocco because despite all the development stalls and all the problems with the arab doctrine they more or less have stability, are not under attack and thus people actually evolved a bit.

With palestine it's the opposite, but you can't look at the settlement situation and say that's right.

This is a problem made worse in every turn, and this new turn is not better for either side.

That's the issue. And humanitarian rights and efforts have to be safeguarded, which is why these protests make sense even if they are flawed in one way or the other.

Greta's environment interventions are flawed, but when we're skipping every co2 and environmental footprint reducion deadline we set, it's just counter-culture. Everything she says can be wrong and she still has a point. The issue with Greta is that she never has a solution. Normal when she's a kid as everyone points out.

If no one did what she's doing the situation for gaza would be even more desperate. Have some compassion.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Wow. I'm out of this thread.

Also, I don't think standing firmly on one side and only worrying about America is "knowing shit". Saying everything other than your opinion is nuts and she should be shipped to gaza to die is what is nuts.

You are part of the problem. And this thread feels narrow minded, one sided and, well... Not very nice. Extremist even.
There were Jews who supported Hitler, until he put them in concentration camps.

Jews, women, gays, etc, who support Palestine have no idea what Palestine is. It's not going to be Israel, it's going to be Gaza where there are no Jews, women are second class, and gays die.

There is only one side. One side that tried time and time again for reason, not without faults, but still waaaaay better. What Hamas did was extreme, this thread is tame.

There were Jews who supported Hitler, until he put them in concentration camps.

Jews, women, gays, etc, who support Palestine have no idea what Palestine is. It's not going to be Israel, it's going to be Gaza where there are no Jews, women are second class, and gays die.

There is only one side. One side that tried time and time again for reason, not without faults, but still waaaaay better. What Hamas did was extreme, this thread is tame.
Tame? Talk to palestinian exiled as well as their descendants and come back.

A lot of what Israel did over the years violates international law. Palestine/Gaza has no airport since 2000, you can't be palestinian (living abroad for decades, naturalized UK citizen) and visit Tel-Aviv or any place in Israel, you can't fly to Israel and visit palestinian settlements, if you're Palestinian and you live in Israel territory you can't leave or you'll never come back...

There's real issues but there has been a lot of suitable measures supposedly justified by defending against what the other side thinks or feels that aren't justifiable under international law. And a lot of those "faults" made the situation worse.

Imo. It's wrong to call either side "moderate".

Hamas is extreme, no doubt about it. But nobody is supporting Hamas. We're just saying fighting hate with hate, with an already unequal opportunity field for both factions is not going to solve things, you're just plucking "bad weeds" with bigger bombs.

That's not the real source of the problem. Just the outcome.

Last edited:

Boozeroony

Gold Member
Israel and the Palestinian citizens have a common enemy: Hamas. Hamas and it's affiliates are the root of the problem.

None of the Pro-palestina prostests in the western world condemn Hamas. As long as muslims and the left are unwilling to see Hamas as the main, common enemy, the endless cycle of blame will continue.

That being said, I highly doubt the muslim community is ready for such insight and bravery. There is no room for internal discussion, criticism or reflection without being ostracized. I fear that their culture is incompatible with western values, for now.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Tame? Talk to palestinian exiled as well as their descendants and come back.

A lot of what Israel did over the years violates international law. Palestine/Gaza has no airport since 2000, you can't be palestinian (living abroad for decades, naturalized UK citizen) and visit Tel-Aviv or any place in Israel, you can't fly to Israel and visit palestinian settlements, if you're Palestinian and you live in Israel territory you can't leave or you'll never come back...
That's BS. There are Palestinians living in Israel who are Israeli citizens and they go back and forth.

Why is there no airport? again, blame Palestinains:

Imo. It's wrong to call either side "moderate".
Israel has the power to wipe all Palestinians off the map, it doesn't.
If Hamas had the same power, what would it do with it?

Hamas is extreme, no doubt about it. But nobody is supporting Hamas. We're just saying fighting hate with hate, with an already unequal opportunity field for both factions is not going to solve things, you're just plucking "bad weeds" with bigger bombs.
BLM posted a call to arms with a paraglider, people with paragliders images seen in their rallies, Harvard students literally supporting their resistance. You are living under a rock if you think nobody supports them, not to mention a majority of Palestinians.

Last edited:

Tomeru

The issue with Greta is that she never has a solution. Normal when she's a kid as everyone points out.

And who among "you" have a solution? A working, viable solution?

But nobody is supporting Hamas.

You sound like you habe good intentions, but then you say that. One can't possibly be that blind, can he?

Can you?

Last edited:

FunkMiller

That's not the real source of the problem. Just the outcome.

Literally pages and pages in this thread of people spewing Jew hate across the world, and supporting their deaths.

And it feels like you’re another person who has a passing knowledge of the problem, but not a deep understanding of it. The constant pigeonholing of Hamas and Palestine as the innocent victims who are just fighting back against Israeli oppression is rendered obviously incorrect by studying the history of the region properly.

You are more than correct to state that Israel has handled the Palestinians badly in the past. They have. Very badly. But do you understand why their attitude has hardened and worsened so much?

Kar

Israel and the Palestinian citizens have a common enemy: Hamas. Hamas and it's affiliates are the root of the problem.

None of the Pro-palestina prostests in the western world condemn Hamas. As long as muslims and the left are unwilling to see Hamas as the main, common enemy, the endless cycle of blame will continue.

That being said, I highly doubt the muslim community is ready for such insight and bravery. There is no room for internal discussion, criticism or reflection without being ostracized. I fear that their culture is incompatible with western values, for now.
I keep hearing this take.
When will people realize that Hamas has close to 80% support from the people in Gaza (?)
When Hamas was busy slaughtering anything in sight during the attack, who do you think raped the children, burned them alive and tortured the bodies? if was the fucking "citizens".

Boozeroony

Gold Member
I keep hearing this take.
When will people realize that Hamas has close to 80% support from the people in Gaza (?)
When Hamas was busy slaughtering anything in sight during the attack, who do you think raped the children, burned them alive and tortured the bodies? if was the fucking "citizens".
Autocratic regimes generally have high approval rate. That being said, the effects of almost 2 decades of antisemitic propaganda in a population with a majority of young adults and kids will make it near impossible to move towards a sensible, viable community.

I this light it is hard to determine where the line of being a Hamas supporter stops and an ordinary citizen begins. In short, Gaza is fucked.

winjer

Gold Member
Hamas, just like the Taliban have only ideology and no capability to run a country.
And when someone is so incompetent at managing a region, the result is what we see in Gaza, a region underdeveloped and extremely reliant on constant aid to get by.
Of course Hamas will never admit to being their fault. They will always blame Israel and the west.

E-Cat

The problem is that there cannot be a two state solution unless the palestinian government (well I guess the one in PA rather Hamas) demonstrate that they are capable of having a state in the first place.
And that's been Netanyahu's exact playbook in preventing the beginning of the talks for a two-state solution -- perpetuating a rift between Hamas and PA, and then stating Palestinian Authority doesn’t represent all the Palestinians -- a gamble that now seems to have backfired:

"Since he took office as prime minister a second time in 2009, Netanyahu developed and advanced a destructive, warped political doctrine that held that strengthening Hamas at the expense of the Palestinian Authority would be good for Israel. The purpose of the doctrine was to perpetuate the rift between Hamas in Gaza and the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank. That would preserve the diplomatic paralysis and forever remove the “danger” of negotiations with the Palestinians over the partition of Israel into two states – on the argument that the Palestinian Authority doesn’t represent all the Palestinians. That flawed strategy turned Hamas from a minor terrorist organization into an efficient, lethal army with highly trained, dehumanized stormtroopers, bloodthirsty killers who mercilessly slaughtered innocent Israeli civilians including women, children and the elderly."

"Between 2012 and 2018, Netanyahu gave Qatar approval to transfer a cumulative sum of about a billion dollars to Gaza, at least half of which reached Hamas, including its military wing. According to the Jerusalem Post, in a private meeting with members of his Likud party on March 11, 2019, Netanyahu explained the reckless step as follows: The money transfer is part of the strategy to divide the Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank. Anyone who opposes the establishment of a Palestinian state needs to support the transfer of the money from Qatar to Hamas. In that way, we will foil the establishment of a Palestinian state (as reported in former cabinet member Haim Ramon’s Hebrew-language book “Neged Haruach”, p. 417). In an interview with the Ynet news website on May 5, 2019, Netanyahu associate Gershon Hacohen, a major general in reserves, said, “We need to tell the truth. Netanyahu’s strategy is to prevent the option of two states, so he is turning Hamas into his closest partner. Openly Hamas is an enemy. Covertly, it’s an ally.”

"In a tweet on May 20, 2019, Channel 13 quoted Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak saying: “Netanyahu isn’t interested in the two-state solution. Rather, he wants to separate Gaza from the West Bank, as he told me at the end of 2010.” Mubarak said that during an interview with the Kuwaiti daily Al-Anba. It’s worth dwelling on the horrifying significance of these remarks. An Israeli prime minister himself knowingly and calculatingly cultivated one of Israel’s most bitter and fanatic foes, an enemy whose declared aim is to destroy the country. And he did it to prevent the horror scenario from his standpoint of a return to Israeli-Palestinian negotiations. Netanyahu recklessly gambled on the lives of Israelis, and in fact, last Shabbat, more than 1,000 of them paid the price of that foolish gamble with their lives."

(non-paywalled text for the article)

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
And that's been Netanyahu's exact playbook in preventing the beginning of the talks for a two-state solution -- perpetuating a rift between Hamas and PA, and then stating Palestinian Authority doesn’t represent all the Palestinians -- a gamble that now seems to have backfired:

"Since he took office as prime minister a second time in 2009, Netanyahu developed and advanced a destructive, warped political doctrine that held that strengthening Hamas at the expense of the Palestinian Authority would be good for Israel. The purpose of the doctrine was to perpetuate the rift between Hamas in Gaza and the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank. That would preserve the diplomatic paralysis and forever remove the “danger” of negotiations with the Palestinians over the partition of Israel into two states – on the argument that the Palestinian Authority doesn’t represent all the Palestinians. That flawed strategy turned Hamas from a minor terrorist organization into an efficient, lethal army with highly trained, dehumanized stormtroopers, bloodthirsty killers who mercilessly slaughtered innocent Israeli civilians including women, children and the elderly."

"Between 2012 and 2018, Netanyahu gave Qatar approval to transfer a cumulative sum of about a billion dollars to Gaza, at least half of which reached Hamas, including its military wing. According to the Jerusalem Post, in a private meeting with members of his Likud party on March 11, 2019, Netanyahu explained the reckless step as follows: The money transfer is part of the strategy to divide the Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank. Anyone who opposes the establishment of a Palestinian state needs to support the transfer of the money from Qatar to Hamas. In that way, we will foil the establishment of a Palestinian state (as reported in former cabinet member Haim Ramon’s Hebrew-language book “Neged Haruach”, p. 417). In an interview with the Ynet news website on May 5, 2019, Netanyahu associate Gershon Hacohen, a major general in reserves, said, “We need to tell the truth. Netanyahu’s strategy is to prevent the option of two states, so he is turning Hamas into his closest partner. Openly Hamas is an enemy. Covertly, it’s an ally.”

"In a tweet on May 20, 2019, Channel 13 quoted Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak saying: “Netanyahu isn’t interested in the two-state solution. Rather, he wants to separate Gaza from the West Bank, as he told me at the end of 2010.” Mubarak said that during an interview with the Kuwaiti daily Al-Anba. It’s worth dwelling on the horrifying significance of these remarks. An Israeli prime minister himself knowingly and calculatingly cultivated one of Israel’s most bitter and fanatic foes, an enemy whose declared aim is to destroy the country. And he did it to prevent the horror scenario from his standpoint of a return to Israeli-Palestinian negotiations. Netanyahu recklessly gambled on the lives of Israelis, and in fact, last Shabbat, more than 1,000 of them paid the price of that foolish gamble with their lives."

(non-paywalled text for the article)

That's why I hope he'll be out of a job after this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom