• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_GAF

Banned
What do you mean fake? It’s all history and the guy’s great at explaining it. Thanks for sharing btw. He got a follower.
at the moment, there is so much fake news flying around.
i know palestine hasnt been around for too long, but the land for israel has been constantly been inhabited by various people. the guys tells that the hebrews were the only people in that region to make it bearable to live there while the rest is living like shit in that region.

i know gaza-stripe is the biggest open-air jail on this planet, but i dont get how palestinians have never accepted anything what the israels have been offering them.
english is not my native tongue and iam not too familiar with the conflict but the fact that jews are a small minority and the whole world wants to eradicate them from the face of the planet makes my head scratch.
i can understand that israel has a very bad government of ultra right wing people but palestinians are no better...?

Last edited:

BbMajor7th

at the moment, there is so much fake news flying around.
i know palestine hasnt been around for too long, but the land for israel has been constantly been inhabited by various people. the guys tells that the hebrews were the only people in that region to make it bearable to live there while the rest is living like shit in that region.

i know gaza-stripe is the biggest open-air jail on this planet, but i dont get how palestinians have never accepted anything what the israels have been offering them.
I think he's referring to the Jewish settlements that began appearing in the 1920s-30s. At the time this land was a mixture of desert and swamps. These settlements were largely home to Jewish communes (eschewed most money and personal possessions) and the conditions were incredibly hard. The land was very unforgiving and took generations to make work, but it did bear fruit in the end when I don't think anyone honestly thought it could.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Various NGOs (B'Tselem, Amnesty International, UN) have highlighted concerns around the forced transfer of people and deployment of collective punishment - shutting off water and power to an entire area knowing that you're punishing civilians as well as combatants likely falls within the purview of Article 43 of the GC. Even war has rules.
These orgs are really one sided, look at the UN resolutions track, it's kinda like listening to Hamas.

We are allowed to cut off their power and water after they cut off our babies heads. We don't really own them anything, they could've thought about that before they butchered our people.

There are also around half a million people that's been displaced in Israel from the South and the North, so it's totally fine if Gazans move as well. What can you do, you rip what you sow.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Jordan? 😐

Friendly? 😐

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I present you...

BLACK SEPTEMBER

Black September

I don't see Jordan saluting palestinians with any other salute than the customary and old salute between them of a Jordanian bonking a palestinian Allahu dumbo on the head with a stick until he stops crying or moving. Jordan was supposed to be the home of Palestinians after the British Mandate, but they went all Freedom Allahus and started doing shit. That's why there's a West Bank and not part of Jordan, they don't want, as any of their neighbours, the palestinian pests infecting shit around.

They don't have any friends there because they've already fucked up their friends and NOBODY wants 2 millions of Allahu Gaza dumbos doing their dumb palestinian shit on their land AGAIN. Not Jordan with their war, not Egypt and the influx of palestinians that as soon as they crossed Rafah inmediately went Muslim Brotherhood militant and terrorists, not Lebanon, with their civil war between muslims...palestinian(PLO), lebanese and iran backed Hezbolla and christian maronites, which as soon as was won by the muslim side, lebanese Allahu idiots rounded all the palestinians and PLO they could find and told them to GTFO of Lebanon or risk death.

Hell, not even Syria.

The doors are closed for them tighter than a nun's one.
This is good and I don't regret facetiously suggesting Jordan as you were able to share why a 'friendly' nation doesn't want these people. And who would? People fail to understand or possibly accept that Palestine was living in Israel. It was not/is not their land and they were given luxury. They were offered 2-state solution multiple times and rejected. Why? Because they want all of Israel.

Southern Gaza is the only option at this point and if people find that unfair: consider what it would be like if it was your country. If the United States was hosting a small acreage of land with borders to Mexico in Arizona, and those occupants committed an act of terrorism in Tucson and the remainder of the U.S.
How would the U.S. respond to that? Well, gotta let them go and we'll shake our fists. People need to study the history on this. People need to learn about the history of Israel (talking like over 1,000-years back too). People need to read about Islam and what they believe. And to understand why this was all wrong know this:

1. Palestinians elected, supported and share religion with Hamas

2. Hamas publicly shared this as their U.N. Charter (read 5 upward and it's very clear they what they were going to do which happened on the 7th of October)

3. Where are the freedom fighters of Islam trying to rescue Palestinians? Iran clearly supplied weaponry and call to action but borders are shut. Just start there. Because evil doesn't welcome it's own evil. About the only ones who've been merciful to Palestine were the Israeli Jewish and Palestine spit in their face by putting the Hamas there.

These people and their beliefs...

A Doctor...In a University...For highly educated people.:messenger_smirking:

Anyone is susceptible to the conspiracy or any stupid ideology a human can believe, including this "Doctor", if 99% of Doctors say this is bullshit, but a few say it, then they will accept those more than the majority because the conspiracy for them is more real...

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member

You see, this is something I have not even seen, before! What the fuck...? They straight up threw grenades in there multiple times?! I would wager that the only reason why there were people alive in that aftermath was because those who took the brunt of the damage; their corpses or body parts helped shield other people...

This is really fucked up and I feel a hot wash of anger blowing down my back.

Mikado

These people and their beliefs...

A Doctor...In a University...For highly educated people.:messenger_smirking:

FWIW, that appears to be a MEMRI bit, which is, like, a meme site that makes comedy translations over ME broadcasts for the lolz.

There are so many real things to be angry at, but this one is basically a case of someone quoting a Babylon Bee article as truth.

Edit: Oh god, mb - apparently it's not a joke site and they actually think they're playing the translations straight? Well, carry on then.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Is this standard or because of the constant holocaust denial-level disingenuous idiots debating if babies were beheaded before or after being killed?
What do you think? Only Israel needs to show people in the media what happened, I hope they release the 40m video so we can post it on every fucking twitter post.

They took videos of everything they've done, and people rather not believe them.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
There's a reason these kinds of things are banned under the Geneva Convention.
Overruled. Since the institution of the Geneva convention in 1949, care to read how many times Israel has offered peaceful solutions to Palestine which have all been denied. They've refused every offered peace treaty to the point of Israel having to give the West Bank and Gaza out of pressure from the rest of the world. And that wasn't enough. You want banned under the Geneva Convention? Everything done from October 7th onward from Gaza is a direct violation and banned by the Geneva conviction. Who violated it? Hamas --> Gaza --> Palestine.
It's war, care to name what exactly is forbidden according to the Geneva Convention? what specifically is Israel doing wrong? I'd like citations. Thanks!
I'd like to know what it is that Israel has done wrong. It makes me sick that for decades we've been hearing about Israel when those within are well aware of how much exhaustive effort has been made for peace treaties. They. Didn't. Want. Peace. Their U.N. Charter says every bit of their motives and why they rejected it. They were violating it with that charter alone. I'm getting sick of all this anti-Israel and anti-Jew signaling going on. It's subtle but direct.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I'd like to know what it is that Israel has done wrong. It makes me sick that for decades we've been hearing about Israel when those within are well aware of how much exhaustive effort has been made for peace treaties. They. Didn't. Want. Peace. Their U.N. Charter says every bit of their motives and why they rejected it. They were violating it with that charter alone. I'm getting sick of all this anti-Israel and anti-Jew signaling going on. It's subtle but direct.
Not subtle anymore.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

You know what? All these student, professors, so-called professionals who are rallying for Palestine, Gaza or Hamas should be pulled into that auditorium. Seat belt them down to the chair. And force them to watch this. Force them to see who the evil is and what was committed. Tone out all this garbage they're hearing whispered in their ears. If they can walk away after seeing that and still feel like waving a flag for Palestine; then we know exactly what side of the fence they would have been on in WWll Germany.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
You know what? All these student, professors, so-called professionals who are rallying for Palestine, Gaza or Hamas should be pulled into that auditorium. Seat belt them down to the chair. And force them to watch this. Force them to see who the evil is and what was committed. Tone out all this garbage they're hearing whispered in their ears. If they can walk away after seeing that and still feel like waving a flag for Palestine; then we know exactly what side of the fence they would have been on in WWll Germany.
Israel should release it as a preview in all cinemas across the world, before the Talor Swift movie.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont think they'd care. Some people will always rally for the side that is poorer no matter what.

It's like Stockholm Syndrome. In this case Hamas has been treating their own people like shit for years, and all the people in Gaza and who made it to western countries still rally for them too. It's like they enjoy being nutsacked by their own people.

Let's face it. Most people dont like getting punched in the head. But some people love it.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
NY Times semi-apologizes-but-not-really for its Gaza hospital explosion story.

"
On Oct. 17, The New York Times published news of an explosion at a hospital in Gaza City, leading its coverage with claims by Hamas government officials that an Israeli airstrike was the cause and that hundreds of people were dead or injured. The report included a large headline at the top of The Times’s website.

Israel subsequently denied being at fault and blamed an errant rocket launch by the Palestinian faction group Islamic Jihad, which has in turn denied responsibility. American and other international officials have said their evidence indicates that the rocket came from Palestinian fighter positions.

The Times’s initial accounts attributed the claim of Israeli responsibility to Palestinian officials, and noted that the Israeli military said it was investigating the blast. However, the early versions of the coverage — and the prominence it received in a headline, news alert and social media channels — relied too heavily on claims by Hamas, and did not make clear that those claims could not immediately be verified. The report left readers with an incorrect impression about what was known and how credible the account was.

The Times continued to update its coverage as more information became available, reporting the disputed claims of responsibility and noting that the death toll might be lower than initially reported. Within two hours, the headline and other text at the top of the website reflected the scope of the explosion and the dispute over responsibility.

Given the sensitive nature of the news during a widening conflict, and the prominent promotion it received, Times editors should have taken more care with the initial presentation, and been more explicit about what information could be verified. Newsroom leaders continue to examine procedures around the biggest breaking news events — including for the use of the largest headlines in the digital report — to determine what additional safeguards may be warranted.
"

NickFire

"
On Oct. 17, The New York Times published news of an explosion at a hospital in Gaza City, leading its coverage with claims by Hamas government officials that an Israeli airstrike was the cause and that hundreds of people were dead or injured. The report included a large headline at the top of The Times’s website.

Israel subsequently denied being at fault and blamed an errant rocket launch by the Palestinian faction group Islamic Jihad, which has in turn denied responsibility. American and other international officials have said their evidence indicates that the rocket came from Palestinian fighter positions.

The Times’s initial accounts attributed the claim of Israeli responsibility to Palestinian officials, and noted that the Israeli military said it was investigating the blast. However, the early versions of the coverage — and the prominence it received in a headline, news alert and social media channels — relied too heavily on claims by Hamas, and did not make clear that those claims could not immediately be verified. The report left readers with an incorrect impression about what was known and how credible the account was.

The Times continued to update its coverage as more information became available, reporting the disputed claims of responsibility and noting that the death toll might be lower than initially reported. Within two hours, the headline and other text at the top of the website reflected the scope of the explosion and the dispute over responsibility.

Given the sensitive nature of the news during a widening conflict, and the prominent promotion it received, Times editors should have taken more care with the initial presentation, and been more explicit about what information could be verified. Newsroom leaders continue to examine procedures around the biggest breaking news events — including for the use of the largest headlines in the digital report — to determine what additional safeguards may be warranted.
"
NYT gave prominent placement and headline to unverified claims that did not pass the smell test nor turn out to be credible?

Let me guess. This happened on a day that ends in day?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Meanwhile in The Guardian's front page story, Israel better release those hostages.

qEaDaZw.png

JayK47

That Arnold Schwarzenegger video is great. I've always enjoyed his movies and I am pretty sure he was the best governor of California.

Now Dave Chappelle on the other hand, dang. If he doesn't come out with a really nice formal apology, I guess I am done being entertained by him. Idiot.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I think I saw a second of the clip they wouldn't show pop up on reddit, yeah it's absolutely awful
I stopped, I cried the fuck out, and I've been sorta crying all day because I listen more to the news now. And you hear just horrific stories. My entire facebook feed is an obituary.

wa600

Has this already been posted? A 22 year old female student from Gaza gave a phone interview to CNN in which she said:
All I want them to know is that there are civilians, people who wish to live a normal peaceful life, to feel safe. Because we are human and all we want is to have our rights and live peacefully.
As a woman and as a girl, all I want in this life is to educate and to graduate and have a job and have a family. That is all I want.
And I want them to know there are a lot of people here, and I'm representing every person here, every civilian, that we want our basic simple rights and to feel safe. Yeah, thats it.

Then someone found her social media and posts like these (and some more):

LordOfChaos

Not saying this parallel is too direct, but this reminds me of how after WW2, Germans were made to either watch the atrocities Nazis had committed or visit those places. The problem then was not enough people had spoken up before the genocide. I think people rightly want to make sure that's not the case this time.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Associated Press style guidelines for the Israel-Gaza war. They prohibit describing Hamas as terrorists except in direct quotes, claiming that it is a politicized term.

"

Israel-Hamas Topical Guide​

Terms, background and guidance related to the Israel-Hamas war, compiled from Associated Press coverage, AP experts and the AP Stylebook. Newsrooms and organizations outside the AP might make decisions that differ from the AP's specific recommendations.

See full AP coverage for updates and more background, context and terms.

Hamas militants stormed from the blockaded Gaza Strip into nearby Israeli towns on Oct. 7, which coincided with a major Jewish holiday. The attack, which killed hundreds of civilians, stunned Israel and caught its vaunted military and intelligence apparatus completely off guard.

Israel immediately launched airstrikes on Gaza, destroying entire neighborhoods and killing hundreds of Palestinian civilians in the days that have followed. The war has become the deadliest of five Gaza wars for both sides. At least 199 people, including children, were captured by Hamas and taken into Gaza, according to Israel.

The leader of Hamas' military wing, Mohammed Deif, said in a recorded message that the assault was in response to Israel's 16-year blockade of Gaza; Israeli raids inside West Bank cities over the past year, violence at at the Al-Aqsa Mosque — built on a contested Jerusalem holy site sacred to Jews as the Temple Mount; increased attacks by settlers on Palestinians; and the expansion of Jewish settlements on occupied lands Palestinians claim for a future state.

The Hamas attack came on Simchat Torah, a normally joyous day when Jews complete the annual cycle of reading the Torah scroll. Israel declared war the next day. Previous Israel-Hamas wars were in 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2021.

balance​

When approaching the 75-year Israeli-Arab and Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it is important to understand the deep wells of anger, hurt, bitterness and grievance built up over generations among Israelis and Palestinians who have lived with insecurity and conflict their whole lives, and who have seen many attempts at negotiation and mediation fail.

In some ways, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the world's most intractable problem.

Words should be chosen carefully to reflect respect for different perspectives on the conflict. Palestinians are divided between more moderate and more radical viewpoints. Similarly, among Israelis, some take a more far-right and ultranationalist approach to Palestinian demands and aspirations, and there are those who would want to achieve a peaceful co-existence.

Avoid stereotyping, discuss nuance, and in broad ways maintain a balanced perspective. When talking about attacks, keep in mind that in a conflict going back so many years, there are often many antecedents.

Israel-Hamas war​

The Associated Press is calling the present conflict between Israel and the militant Palestinian group Hamas a war, given the widespread and ongoing nature of military operations in Israel and Gaza.

The decision was made in consideration of the high number of casualties, the mobilization of armies, the organized, cross-border fighting and bombardments, and Israel's declaration of war and announcement that Gaza will be under siege.

For the time being, it can be called the latest war between Israel and Hamas, the latest Israel-Hamas war or simply the Israel-Hamas war if the context makes clear that the reference is not to a previous war.

Do not use terms such as Israel-Palestinian war or Gaza war.

Lowercase the word war. AP capitalizes that word only as part of a formal name, which as of now does not exist.

terrorism​

The calculated use of violence, especially against civilians, to create terror to disrupt and demoralize societies for political ends.

The terms terrorism and terrorist have become politicized, and often are applied inconsistently. Because they can be used to label such a wide range of actions and events, and because the debate around them is so intense, detailing what happened is more precise and better serves audiences.

Therefore, the AP is not using the terms for specific actions or groups, other than in direct quotations or when attributed to authorities or others. Instead, we describe specific atrocities, massacres, bombings, assassinations and other such actions.

In the past, the AP had used the terms without attribution sparingly and with great caution.

We continue to use the terms in broad references to terrorism as a threat and anti-terrorism efforts, fear of terror, etc.

militant, militants​

AP uses this term to describe Hamas, in keeping with the Webster's New World College Dictionary definition: ready and willing to fight; especially, vigorous or aggressive in supporting or promoting a cause; and Merriam-Webster: aggressively active (as in a cause).

Terms such as Hamas fighters, attackers or combatants are also acceptable depending on the context.

Do not use the term Hamas soldiers or Hamas resistance, other than in direct quotations.

The Israeli army has soldiers. It also can be called the Israeli military. Use its official name, Israel Defense Forces, and the acronym IDF only in direct quotations.
"

MrA

Worth a watch.

The WSJ video doesn't go into many details about what happened to Uri once he left his home to confront the terrorists alone, but it was reported here.

He took out six terrorists with his pistol before being killed.

Shame the man died but what a bad ass way to go out, he probably saved many lives by ending 6

Israel: Um please keep buying our products and dumping them, we really hate when you do that

Don't get the logic, besides isn't pepsi the world conquering zionist conspiracy nonsense one not coke? Or am I thinking of a different slice of fried stupidity

ReBurn

Gold Member

"

"
They put their backhanded apology behind the paywall. Imagine showing a "pay us to read this" message on this.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Israel-Hamas war
The Associated Press is calling the present conflict between Israel and the militant Palestinian group Hamas a war, given the widespread and ongoing nature of military operations in Israel and Gaza.

The decision was made in consideration of the high number of casualties, the mobilization of armies, the organized, cross-border fighting and bombardments, and Israel's declaration of war and announcement that Gaza will be under siege.

For the time being, it can be called the latest war between Israel and Hamas, the latest Israel-Hamas war or simply the Israel-Hamas war if the context makes clear that the reference is not to a previous war.

Lowercase the word war. AP capitalizes that word only as part of a formal name, which as of now does not exist.
This part, in particular seems odd to me. If Israel declares war on another nation isn't that, by definition, a capital W War? Or is what Hamas did, without any declaration before hand, an even more despicable sneak attack? Hmm, guess we really gotta light a fire under the marketing folks to come up with a catchy title for the massacre so the AP can stop pussyfooting around with semantics.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Associated Press style guidelines for the Israel-Gaza war. They prohibit describing Hamas as terrorists except in direct quotes, claiming that it is a politicized term.

"

Israel-Hamas Topical Guide​

Terms, background and guidance related to the Israel-Hamas war, compiled from Associated Press coverage, AP experts and the AP Stylebook. Newsrooms and organizations outside the AP might make decisions that differ from the AP's specific recommendations.

See full AP coverage for updates and more background, context and terms.

Hamas militants stormed from the blockaded Gaza Strip into nearby Israeli towns on Oct. 7, which coincided with a major Jewish holiday. The attack, which killed hundreds of civilians, stunned Israel and caught its vaunted military and intelligence apparatus completely off guard.

Israel immediately launched airstrikes on Gaza, destroying entire neighborhoods and killing hundreds of Palestinian civilians in the days that have followed. The war has become the deadliest of five Gaza wars for both sides. At least 199 people, including children, were captured by Hamas and taken into Gaza, according to Israel.

The leader of Hamas' military wing, Mohammed Deif, said in a recorded message that the assault was in response to Israel's 16-year blockade of Gaza; Israeli raids inside West Bank cities over the past year, violence at at the Al-Aqsa Mosque — built on a contested Jerusalem holy site sacred to Jews as the Temple Mount; increased attacks by settlers on Palestinians; and the expansion of Jewish settlements on occupied lands Palestinians claim for a future state.

The Hamas attack came on Simchat Torah, a normally joyous day when Jews complete the annual cycle of reading the Torah scroll. Israel declared war the next day. Previous Israel-Hamas wars were in 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2021.

balance​

When approaching the 75-year Israeli-Arab and Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it is important to understand the deep wells of anger, hurt, bitterness and grievance built up over generations among Israelis and Palestinians who have lived with insecurity and conflict their whole lives, and who have seen many attempts at negotiation and mediation fail.

In some ways, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the world's most intractable problem.

Words should be chosen carefully to reflect respect for different perspectives on the conflict. Palestinians are divided between more moderate and more radical viewpoints. Similarly, among Israelis, some take a more far-right and ultranationalist approach to Palestinian demands and aspirations, and there are those who would want to achieve a peaceful co-existence.

Avoid stereotyping, discuss nuance, and in broad ways maintain a balanced perspective. When talking about attacks, keep in mind that in a conflict going back so many years, there are often many antecedents.

Israel-Hamas war​

terrorism​

The calculated use of violence, especially against civilians, to create terror to disrupt and demoralize societies for political ends.

The terms terrorism and terrorist have become politicized, and often are applied inconsistently. Because they can be used to label such a wide range of actions and events, and because the debate around them is so intense, detailing what happened is more precise and better serves audiences.

Therefore, the AP is not using the terms for specific actions or groups, other than in direct quotations or when attributed to authorities or others. Instead, we describe specific atrocities, massacres, bombings, assassinations and other such actions.

In the past, the AP had used the terms without attribution sparingly and with great caution.

We continue to use the terms in broad references to terrorism as a threat and anti-terrorism efforts, fear of terror, etc.

militant, militants​

AP uses this term to describe Hamas, in keeping with the Webster's New World College Dictionary definition: ready and willing to fight; especially, vigorous or aggressive in supporting or promoting a cause; and Merriam-Webster: aggressively active (as in a cause).

Terms such as Hamas fighters, attackers or combatants are also acceptable depending on the context.

Do not use the term Hamas soldiers or Hamas resistance, other than in direct quotations.

The Israeli army has soldiers. It also can be called the Israeli military. Use its official name, Israel Defense Forces, and the acronym IDF only in direct quotations.
"

Considering they shared offices with Hamas, I'm not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom