• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

YxLRWza.gif

Anyway, so about all that Islamophobia gripping the nation...

Nonehxc

Turkey just signed Sweden accesion into NATO. Just needs the formality of their Parliament saying 'Yessir!' 🫡🇹🇷

RELEASE THE DRAKKAR!

Welcome, viking bros. Your raiding lineage will surely prove bountiful during the coming times. 💪🏼🤨🇸🇪

I know we give Erdogan and his machinations shit time and again, and rightly so, but he has been a MASSIVE stabilizing influence on Turkey, Middle East and Europe by playing both hands and using them to crack skulls. Right now Turkey is probably no.2 at killing Allahu dumbos after USA. He has been decapitating Muslim Brotherhobos and other arab Allahu dumbos since he was in diapers, with gusto and a hard dick, since well, Turkey isn't arabs, it's turks, and that's a BIG difference.

There's nothing that the refined, civilizations crossroads between europe and asia turks hate more than their much more dumb Arab cousins trying to lord over them. Much like Iran Persians hate arabs and would sooner cut their throats, even if sharing the same religion(ok ok, being a different sect of the same religion) rather than give them the hand.

Just to put things into perpective, Erdogan's son-in-law, Selçuk Bayraktar, is the Chief Technology Officer and main engineer of the Bayraktar Drones and the Kizilelma unmaned jet(with ukrainian engines). Together with his bros, they form the Baykar Technology Group. They helped Ukraine quite a bit, even gifting them some Bayraktar TB2s when they were most needed, and rather than taking payment of at least three TB2s which were crowdfunded since 2022, they rather gifted them and asked people to use that money to donate to any of the military or not trusted orgs currently working in/with Ukraine. Bayraktar brothers couldn't have done that if Erdogan didn't allow it, since Bayraktar is regarded as a vital part of Turkey's future, not just for military drones, but unmaned vehicles and other national and highly critical technologies. And it's important because we're talking about the one being trained as Erdogan's succesor, Selçuk Bayraktar

He knows where the money, the future of his country, and the Iron Fist is, and it's not east towards Asia and down the latrine of humankind.

I bet the next thing we hear from Erdogan is he shouting in the Bosphorus cliffs, while the carrier battle groups come and go between the Black Sea and the Mediterranean...

'Cry 'HAVOK!'...and let slip the Leviathans of War.' 🙌🏼🤨🇹🇷

Wildebeest

What the fuck is this lunatic saying? In what world do muslims suffer a "disproportionate number of hate attacks". Where? Compared to what?

Everything I have ever seen on the news since 9/11 has been a disproportionate amount of people whitewashing what islam is and fuels.
According to Hamas there is no such thing as a hate attack, only defensive actions.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
What the fuck is this lunatic saying? In what world do muslims suffer a "disproportionate number of hate attacks". Where? Compared to what?

Everything I have ever seen on the news since 9/11 has been a disproportionate amount of people whitewashing what islam is and fuels.

Did you just question the State?!

crimestopmock-24x36_1200x.jpg

Go_Ly_Dow

The footage from London, seeing war memorials desecrated with Palestinian flags, the total hyprocirsy of law enforcement coming down hard on a few young English lads with St George flags (and suggesting they're racist) whilst faciliating calls for jihad, the al queda flag and insane shit they've given a free pass is deeply upsetting. My parents moved here from India in the 70s and I was born here and am sikh, but this is a travesty for this country and it stings.

Last edited:

Madflavor

I just can't. There's nothing sadder for me to see a Jewish person being so naive. A lot of the people that were butchered or kidnapped were there and wanted peace, one of the hostages who were freed today, she and her husband (still kidnapped) used to drive Palestinians from Gaza to Israeli hospitals.

"Dude you literally know I'm Jewish."

Does she seriously not realize that's even worse? So she's a terrorist supporter AND a traitor to her people.

wa600

There's an actual rot in academia. There's something serisouly, serisouly, wrong with people justifying atrocities. It's only against Jews, any other race it would be blasphemy.

I'm speechless. That letter is disgusting and I can't believe anyone with a functioning brain would be fine with signing such a paper.
I don't understand why these people always act like people from 'palestine' are victims who have never done anything wrong in their life. Instead of being objective they are extremely selective in their sources and only pick those few that supports their agenda while ignoring anything else.

Now to the document: Why are there some claims without any source? Thats not how you work at an university. Why do they mostly rely on Aljazeera as their source? That source for 'Israel targeted hospitals' still claims it was an israeli airstrike that killed 500 civilians. They claim Israel used white phosporus on civilians even though that has been debunked. Without giving any evidence they claim Israel is bombing caravans trying to evacuate to the southern part of Gaza.

Them complaining about the increasing violence on muslims / palestinians feels like a joke. Yes, the death of the six year old american palestinian boy is very tragic and should be condemned. But why isnt there a single word about what is happening to the jewish population worldwide outside of Israel? Don't they see that pretty much every pro-israel gathering is extremely peaceful, while a lot of the pro-palestine protests are on the hostile side?
That whole letter reads like jews are not even worth mentioning. What about the events from October 7th? Hamas commited some of the worst atrocities you could ever imagine and they dont mention a single thing? Thats the whole reason why this shit started? What was Israel supposed to do? And why isnt there any mention of the hostages? Is an israeli life worth nothing?
They are calling Israels actions a genocide / ethnic cleansing. But by definition that is actually what Hamas was doing on October 7th. Israel clearly wasnt the aggressor in this war! I honestly dont understand their thought process..

All these people signing this should be 'forced' watching the exclusive footage some press was able to watch today. And afterwards they should volunteer living in a kibbutz near the Gazan boarder. And then ask them if they are okay living next to a 'free Palestine'.

MrA

I'm speechless. That letter is disgusting and I can't believe anyone with a functioning brain would be fine with signing such a paper.
I don't understand why these people always act like people from 'palestine' are victims who have never done anything wrong in their life. Instead of being objective they are extremely selective in their sources and only pick those few that supports their agenda while ignoring anything else.

Now to the document: Why are there some claims without any source? Thats not how you work at an university. Why do they mostly rely on Aljazeera as their source? That source for 'Israel targeted hospitals' still claims it was an israeli airstrike that killed 500 civilians. They claim Israel used white phosporus on civilians even though that has been debunked. Without giving any evidence they claim Israel is bombing caravans trying to evacuate to the southern part of Gaza.

Them complaining about the increasing violence on muslims / palestinians feels like a joke. Yes, the death of the six year old american palestinian boy is very tragic and should be condemned. But why isnt there a single word about what is happening to the jewish population worldwide outside of Israel? Don't they see that pretty much every pro-israel gathering is extremely peaceful, while a lot of the pro-palestine protests are on the hostile side?
That whole letter reads like jews are not even worth mentioning. What about the events from October 7th? Hamas commited some of the worst atrocities you could ever imagine and they dont mention a single thing? Thats the whole reason why this shit started? What was Israel supposed to do? And why isnt there any mention of the hostages? Is an israeli life worth nothing?
They are calling Israels actions a genocide / ethnic cleansing. But by definition that is actually what Hamas was doing on October 7th. Israel clearly wasnt the aggressor in this war! I honestly dont understand their thought process..

All these people signing this should be 'forced' watching the exclusive footage some press was able to watch today. And afterwards they should volunteer living in a kibbutz near the Gazan boarder. And then ask them if they are okay living next to a 'free Palestine'.
oh, turns out that was Hamas too

LordOfChaos

This is the turd factory Piers Morgan just interviewed right? Mr Hijab in the glasses at the end?

Unrelated

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
They could always rebel against Hamas for example? I keep hearing all the time that people should protest and fight against "bad governments" etc.
It's probably easier said than done but yeah I agree they should (I even suggested that a few dozen pages back in this thread)

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Because a lot of people in life will always support the group perceived as poorer.

It's not even about Palestine vs Israel.

Replace the combatants with Group A vs Group B. Poor dumb Group A does something stupid starting a fight with richer and well to do Group B. Group B responds back.

End result? The pity brigade supports Group A because end of the day, their view is they are allowed to do it because they are poorer and that richer Group B should act more mature and absorb the punch. Instead of calling out Group A for being dumbasses, they shut their mouths trying to get everyone to focus on Group B as the bad guy.

It's a weird mentality to have because you'd think in life the violent group (Hamas going rogue killing 1000+ civilians) would be a slam dunk to be labeled as evil doers who started it. But for some people the responders are the evil ones. Crazy.

I remember way back in these kinds of threads talking about mentalities that someone said humans werent designed to suddenly get into the modern age and talk and understand shit load of information and people. I think he's right. For some people it's information overload and they go nuts not thinking things through. They just impulsively do shit without thinking. It's like Bart Simpson in that one episode (I forget which) where Lisa is chill and Bart is going apeshit.... "overload, pleasure overload!" because I think school was cancelled that day.

Another way to think of it is like sports. A game is on. Or it's playoff time. Fans of either team will obviously cheer for one of the teams. What do the rest of the casual fans do if they dont have a fav team or their team is knocked out aleady? Lots of them root for the underdog team. The reason you get a lot of this poor guy/underdog team mentality is because the thinking is they are unjustly beaten down (which might not be true) and rooting for the underdog is like some personal victory because their lives are currently lousy. If the small guy wins one (even if they are assholes), they feel better because it's like a personal win David vs Goliath even though the event might have nothing to do with them personally. and oddly, it's not even a true David vs Goliath story because in this case David is the asshole starting a fight with a giant by raiding his cave for no good reason.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Good Riddance.
Good. I remember reading about her. And she tried to backtrack a bit later. Looks like they didnt give a shit and got rid of her. Thats the way it should be done. o different than being a troublemaking bigot at work sending a mass email for laughs. Do something dumb, there are no warnings.

Last edited:

Salty Hippo

Ah more instant karma here in the North. Now you guys do Rashida and Ilhan.

It's lowkey amazing how even with the removal they still tiptoe around it with their wording, and some are even against it, as if they weren't dealing with a literal nazi here. Imagine someone in the Nuremberg trials saying some shit like "we really tried to work with Mr. Auschwitz there but he unfortunately undermined our team and our efforts, it's a real shame".

Of course she's a nobody in comparison but it doesn't take a genius to know that anyone who is condemning Israel's retaliation whilst basically ignoring what happened on 10/7, like the members of the SQUAD, felt pretty cozy inside about what Hamas did and should probably be treated like the terrorist apologists they are.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Associated Press style guidelines for the Israel-Gaza war. They prohibit describing Hamas as terrorists except in direct quotes, claiming that it is a politicized term.

"

Israel-Hamas Topical Guide​

Terms, background and guidance related to the Israel-Hamas war, compiled from Associated Press coverage, AP experts and the AP Stylebook. Newsrooms and organizations outside the AP might make decisions that differ from the AP's specific recommendations.

See full AP coverage for updates and more background, context and terms.

Hamas militants stormed from the blockaded Gaza Strip into nearby Israeli towns on Oct. 7, which coincided with a major Jewish holiday. The attack, which killed hundreds of civilians, stunned Israel and caught its vaunted military and intelligence apparatus completely off guard.

Israel immediately launched airstrikes on Gaza, destroying entire neighborhoods and killing hundreds of Palestinian civilians in the days that have followed. The war has become the deadliest of five Gaza wars for both sides. At least 199 people, including children, were captured by Hamas and taken into Gaza, according to Israel.

The leader of Hamas' military wing, Mohammed Deif, said in a recorded message that the assault was in response to Israel's 16-year blockade of Gaza; Israeli raids inside West Bank cities over the past year, violence at at the Al-Aqsa Mosque — built on a contested Jerusalem holy site sacred to Jews as the Temple Mount; increased attacks by settlers on Palestinians; and the expansion of Jewish settlements on occupied lands Palestinians claim for a future state.

The Hamas attack came on Simchat Torah, a normally joyous day when Jews complete the annual cycle of reading the Torah scroll. Israel declared war the next day. Previous Israel-Hamas wars were in 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2021.

balance​

When approaching the 75-year Israeli-Arab and Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it is important to understand the deep wells of anger, hurt, bitterness and grievance built up over generations among Israelis and Palestinians who have lived with insecurity and conflict their whole lives, and who have seen many attempts at negotiation and mediation fail.

In some ways, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the world's most intractable problem.

Words should be chosen carefully to reflect respect for different perspectives on the conflict. Palestinians are divided between more moderate and more radical viewpoints. Similarly, among Israelis, some take a more far-right and ultranationalist approach to Palestinian demands and aspirations, and there are those who would want to achieve a peaceful co-existence.

Avoid stereotyping, discuss nuance, and in broad ways maintain a balanced perspective. When talking about attacks, keep in mind that in a conflict going back so many years, there are often many antecedents.

Israel-Hamas war​

The Associated Press is calling the present conflict between Israel and the militant Palestinian group Hamas a war, given the widespread and ongoing nature of military operations in Israel and Gaza.

The decision was made in consideration of the high number of casualties, the mobilization of armies, the organized, cross-border fighting and bombardments, and Israel's declaration of war and announcement that Gaza will be under siege.

For the time being, it can be called the latest war between Israel and Hamas, the latest Israel-Hamas war or simply the Israel-Hamas war if the context makes clear that the reference is not to a previous war.

Do not use terms such as Israel-Palestinian war or Gaza war.

Lowercase the word war. AP capitalizes that word only as part of a formal name, which as of now does not exist.

terrorism​

The calculated use of violence, especially against civilians, to create terror to disrupt and demoralize societies for political ends.

The terms terrorism and terrorist have become politicized, and often are applied inconsistently. Because they can be used to label such a wide range of actions and events, and because the debate around them is so intense, detailing what happened is more precise and better serves audiences.

Therefore, the AP is not using the terms for specific actions or groups, other than in direct quotations or when attributed to authorities or others. Instead, we describe specific atrocities, massacres, bombings, assassinations and other such actions.

In the past, the AP had used the terms without attribution sparingly and with great caution.

We continue to use the terms in broad references to terrorism as a threat and anti-terrorism efforts, fear of terror, etc.

militant, militants​

AP uses this term to describe Hamas, in keeping with the Webster's New World College Dictionary definition: ready and willing to fight; especially, vigorous or aggressive in supporting or promoting a cause; and Merriam-Webster: aggressively active (as in a cause).

Terms such as Hamas fighters, attackers or combatants are also acceptable depending on the context.

Do not use the term Hamas soldiers or Hamas resistance, other than in direct quotations.

The Israeli army has soldiers. It also can be called the Israeli military. Use its official name, Israel Defense Forces, and the acronym IDF only in direct quotations.
"

Imagine a fucking GUIDE for the Truth? God, almighty. I abhor these cretins.

Darkkahn

I was banned from Era for islamphobia. Because I told them that if you brandish the LGBTQ flag in a muslim country they will mess right up. Because I told them that they can't execute a virgin in sharia, so they'll rape her the night before her execution.
As an ex-muslim (born in Iran) I can tell you that islam is THE religion of terror and violence.
Those who advocate islam have NO CLUE or ANY IDEA as to what islam is.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I was banned from Era for islamphobia. Because I told them that if you brandish the LGBTQ flag in a muslim country they will mess right up. Because I told them that they can't execute a virgin in sharia, so they'll rape her the night before her execution.
As an ex-muslim (born in Iran) I can tell you that islam is THE religion of terror and violence.

I'm friends with legit people from Iran. You are telling no lies, from what I what I understand of my personal knowledge. They are eager to break free from the Ayatollah. USA should just go for the throat with Israel and anyone else willing to step in and hit Iran. Their people want to be liberated and a innocent people such as Armita Geravand and Masha Amini have to die because that regime are terrible individuals who thrive on control using outdated, savage methods which are also incompatible with today's world. I will boldly state this.

That's because many lefties don't understand religion at all. Because they themselves don't believe it, they project that mentality on to others and think that Muslims for instance don't actually believe in the Quran. This is where the idea of a moderate Muslim comes. Complete Western invention. In the Middle East they would recognize someone as not believing in the Quran as not a Muslim.

supernova8

Banned
This is an amazing exchange, where a BBC reporter with zero knowledge of international law keeps trying to paint Israel as a war criminal, while the actual lawyer is shutting her the fuck down.

Just for a bit of context (not detracting from what she actually said), she's the director of "UK lawyers for Israel", so it's not like she's impartial in any way whatsoever or was ever going to say anything other than what she said in that interview. Basically as useful (or not useful) as interviewing someone from (if it exists) "UK lawyers for Palestine".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom