• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portugeezer

Video: Conservative commentator, Ben Shapiro, speaks about the Israel-Hamas conflict and Western values (Oxford Union, 11/1/23)

Video: Ben Shapiro talks about Israel vs Hamas and why he would never support Biden over Trump (Oxford Union, 11/1/23)

Some of these kids are a joke. Whenever pro Palestine debates pro Israel it never is good for the Palestine side.

Stick to protesting and anti semitism in the streets 🤡

FunkMiller

BBC has already identified the woman and have given her name and address to Hamas.

In years to come, there are going to be *many* books written about both this conflict, and the war in Ukraine, and how both Hamas and Putin (and Iran of course) have effectively used social media and the internet to warp perceptions to their favour.

The fact so many are still taken in by the lies coming from both camps is pretty depressing. I'm hoping that at some point, the vast majority will realise that you cannot ever take anything you see online at face value, whether it agrees with your own personal opinions or not.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
In years to come, there are going to be *many* books written about both this conflict, and the war in Ukraine, and how both Hamas and Putin (and Iran of course) have effectively used social media and the internet to warp perceptions to their favour.

The fact so many are still taken in by the lies coming from both camps is pretty depressing. I'm hoping that at some point, the vast majority will realise that you cannot ever take anything you see online at face value, whether it agrees with your own personal opinions or not.
That book is gonna be called "China Owns TikTok, Dumbass".

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Sorry for back to back, but this is innovation in print advertising. Could win a Cannes Lions.

It's pretty damn satisfying but it isn't the way. The poster issue is really minor IMHO and just showing these people to the world is sufficient response. It's the folks chanting in the streets, surrounding folks who look Jewish, and attacking them that I'm concerned about. Did they ever find who killed that dean lady in Chicago? Putting razor blades on posters just gives these animals an excuse to escalate violently and add to their victim narrative.

Plus, eventually the posters do gotta come down and some poor city worker or kid putting up a lost dog poster is gonna get hurt.

I also acknowledge that this whole thing was probably staged by this lady.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

F95RZ2OXsAAdco-

Islamophobia strikes again

LordOfChaos

Just incredibly sad. Imagine the greatest pain of losing your children, and then not even being able to criticise those who caused it for fear of death or worse, even those around you that aren't Hamas shush you quickly for fear of your own safety.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Yeah, I agree. The irony is that in order to appease the aggressive left side, they will lose support - potentially - from others. Because announcing the support to combat islamophobia at the time, when you literally have stars of david being drawn on the doors and people assaulted - is a tone deaf move.
It's politicking and why I stay out of it for the most part. The U.S. from a defensive standpoint is going to back Israel. However, there are elections, parties and all this other garbage which know there's a Muslim percentage they don't want to lose. You never heard the words Islamaphobia before or after 9/11. Using the term as most in this thread recognize is some sort of brain cancer and if it's all about enabling Sharia patriotism...it's ultimately about as backwater as 'Freedom toast/fries' post 9/11. People were angry with Islam after 9/11, yes. Other than those privately interrogated, there was never any mass rally to eliminate them in the U.S. It's making the perpetrator the victim and spade just needs to be called a spade sometimes. However, how we conduct ourselves should not be reciprocating their violence. You can strongly disagree with Islam without burning their flags, burning their books, hurting people or becoming filled with hatred.

TL;DR. Biden's message to support was all that was needed and that's where the U.S. stands. I believe the U.S. can mince words for Islam but ultimately they'll do the right thing.
Now that Iran getting more officially involved through their yemenese proxies, I wonder how wide this conflict can get, as it a pretty nasty signal. Don't want to see America get drawn into another war over this crap, as there far too much at home to take care of, including national defense.
We're already in the war. People don't seem to understand that the U.S. has been involved with international conflicts or, war most of our lifetimes. We're just not at the front making the declaration but you can tell that U.S. military was on standby just itching for this. To me that's absolutely invigorating to see how they're jumping to action too. These countries are a hot mess and have been waiting over a century for an excuse to go full jihad. They're all involved whether it be passive 'support' money, what they're indoctrination the West with or what they're doing behind the front. Yemen was identified early on in this as well as Iran. I'd like more data to come out but, it would see clear that Yemen's group of idiots is just another Hamas (not unlike M.B. or Hezbollah). So they want to be another terrorist group of fighters. Countries like Iran and Qatar are backseat driving and funneling in money. Unless people really think all those weapons just showed up overnight in Gaza. Russia doesn't even have that type of armillary but, won't go there as that's for a separate thread.
This letter, written by (probably) Jewish attorneys, mentioned that both anti-antisemitism and Islamophobia is a problem.

So how could the White House be so tone deaf to double down that all they're worried about is Islamophobia right now?
I believe they're doing that just to be PC at the moment. Uh, look them up...most (if not all) on the list are powerful, credible Jewish attorneys. That's why this letter has some crapping their pants in the University administration. The statement by Harris is just echoing the 'both are victims' mantra to ensure they don't lose endorsements due to POTUS' comments to back Israel. Back to the attorneys though, I bet if you asked them why they added Islamaphobia they'd say: to make the crybabies feel equal (as they're well aware some of upper admin are on the wrong side of this). I do agree that we need to stop using that word with the exception of satire. Why? Because the war itself from a nation standpoint in the West isn't about Islamic rights. This is about Israel, this is about their war efforts & how we can support and this is about crushing anti-Semitic fall out in the midst of it all.

Just came out of our bomb shelter about 20/30 mins ago. Big rocket barrage at the North where I'm at. But other places in Israel were attacked also. Missles and Rockets. Yemen terrorist group is definitely involved as some of those missiles came from them. Very scary. Now trying to get back to a normal emotional state. Thank GD I don't think anywhere got directly hit. Worth checking up on the other Israelis in the thread. How you guys doing?

Last edited:

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Just came out of our bomb shelter about 20/30 mins ago. Big rocket barrage at the North where I'm at. But other places in Israel were attacked also. Missles and Rockets. Yemen terrorist group is definitely involved as some of those missiles came from them. Very scary. Now trying to get back to a normal emotional state.
Jesus man, I’m so sorry you have to live through this. I understood when I joined the corps there would be times of a lot of stress and anxiety. Seeing real world death and seeing what happens to people in world can be very difficult to live with. A lot of folks won’t understand that because they think it’s like on TV, they have never seen a real death face before.

Again, I am so sorry you and your family have to have a darn bomb shelter. If there is anything I can do to help, no matter what, please send me a message. I am retired, so I have plenty of free time besides my grand babies.

Sure. I suppose it’s not panic stations yet. Not that panicking will do anything. It was at 6.5% in 2021, so who knows what it will be like in 20 years.

Moreover, that percentage is concentrated in specific towns and cities, rather than dispersed throughout the isles.

It is what it is.

It's doubled in 20 years, and the population pyramid for them skews young, very young.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
For the life of me, I still do not understand LGBT/BLM/Feminist support for Hamas/Palestine. Do they not know or understand that if Jews were not the target of death and jihad, that they would be instead?
They think they can change them. I mean, they are smarter and more enlightened than them, so yeah, in a few years they'll have Pride in Gaza.

On a ok note, would have been better if she was fired:

DeaDPo0L84

For the life of me, I still do not understand LGBT/BLM/Feminist support for Hamas/Palestine. Do they not know or understand that if Jews were not the target of death and jihad, that they would be instead?
Their entire belief system was already built upon a foundation of lies, they have no true core values. It's a bunch of aimless children with no hobbies who learned that victimhood can get you through life perfectly fine if you keep kicking and screaming and blaming all your problems on everyone else and taking zero responsibility.

jason10mm

Gold Member
At the beginning, it seemed so uncool for media to paint anyone anti-Israel. But now media sites seem to be ok doing it.

Anyone know what happened making them do a 180?
Its the victim pyramid. Jews are on it, but higher than Palestinians apparently. 'Member just a year or so ago when anti-asian hate was "all the rage"? Oh yeah, no one else does either.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Their entire belief system was already built upon a foundation of lies, they have no true core values. It's a bunch of aimless children with no hobbies who learned that victimhood can get you through life perfectly fine if you keep kicking and screaming and blaming all your problems on everyone else and taking zero responsibility.
I’m not sure, but I was watching some news and a gay gent actually said that they kill us here in America to. It was the most preposterous thing I have seen all day. I just could not believe I was hearing that.

These young kids do not have critical thinking skills and source no information out to make sure it is facts. They listen to the TikTok or people on other social media without even looking anything up before they believe it.

Truly is astonishing the ignorance and just how fast we have become the movie idiocracy. It would be like black people sticking up and wanting laws to protect slave owners. So very weird, I must say.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I’m not sure, but I was watching some news and a gay gent actually said that they kill us here in America to. It was the most preposterous thing I have seen all day. I just could not believe I was hearing that.
Yeah, they think they are under genocide, because they read the shit NYT-WP publish and they watch TikTok's that are brain poison. That's why they think Palestinians are going thru genocide. Even tho Palestinians AND LGBTQ numbers have only risen in recent years.

thefool

The Palestine cause has been at the forefront of the left ideology in the last 50 years or so. Its very similar to the Western Sahara situation. The root of such support is based on the idea these territories have been occupied and colonized. People are surprised by the UN's Secretary-General statements, but they shouldn't if they knew his political alignment.
Classical left, which barely existed in the US, has been gaining traction in the last 10+ years embodied in those movements you mentioned. They are fundamentally just following doctrine, even if anyone can take a step back and understand how nonsensical it is they hold such beliefs. But that's pretty much the foundation of their beliefs...it's illogical. Which is one of the reasons why they're hard to counter tbh.

Last edited:

Muffdraul

They have a very simplistic algorithm that takes only the last 5 minutes of history into account, they run "Israel vs Palestine" through it and it tells them where Israelis and Palestinians belong on their Oppression Olympics chart.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
They have a very simplistic algorithm that takes only the last 5 minutes of history into account, they run "Israel vs Palestine" through it and it tells them where Israelis and Palestinians belong on their Oppression Olympics chart.
It's also a religion now. They have the ultimate sin of being a certain color, so they need to absolve themselves caring and enlightening the oppressed. They view themselves as mother Theresa, even tho they don't actually do any charity or volunteer work.

Jesus man, I’m so sorry you have to live through this. I understood when I joined the corps there would be times of a lot of stress and anxiety. Seeing real world death and seeing what happens to people in world can be very difficult to live with. A lot of folks won’t understand that because they think it’s like on TV, they have never seen a real death face before.

Again, I am so sorry you and your family have to have a darn bomb shelter. If there is anything I can do to help, no matter what, please send me a message. I am retired, so I have plenty of free time besides my grand babies.
You have no idea how much that means to me. Words of support and comfort are what we all need right now. Goodness will always destroy evil. I will be in touch privately. In the mean time I bought you a one month gold account as a small token of my sincere appreciation. Thank you. You warmed my heart.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT

Can’t write that book without Elon’s role in this. and TikTok, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom