• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

supernova8

Banned
Good choice! Change it to a jpeg first tho
Are you still going?
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

winjer

Gold Member
In the end, it will be. But there is no political solution as long as Hamas is in power. They are religious fanatics controlled by Iran, you can't make peace with that.

Even before Hamas was in power, Palestinian leaders refused, several times, the creation of the Two states solution.
The real issue is that a part of Palestinians demand the destruction of Israel.
I don't see how there can be a solution to a problem, when one of the sides demands complete annihilation and genocide.

jason10mm

Gold Member
There's no reason why the eradication of Hamas needs to involve thousands of air strikes, though. This is my point.

Plus, we all know (since they make it clear) that the main Hamas leadership isn't even inside Gaza so what are all these air strikes for? Is it really a genius plan to drop large bombs on apartment blocks for the purposes of killing a few (even a few dozen, hell let's say 50 if you want) Hamas fighters who, by themselves in the grand scheme of things, don't matter while at the same time most likely killing dozens or even hundreds of civilians whose left behind family might then decide (for better or worse, probably worse) to join Hamas or some other organization that appears after this is over?
They are not striking these buildings to get rid of people, they are hitting known (or highly suspected) weapons caches, communications centers, tunnel openings, supply depots, etc. Hamas embeds their gear, weapons manufacturing, training centers, and supply dumps withIN civilian centers, just like the big ass hospital the IDF is closing off, because Hamas THOUGHT this would prevent the IDF from striking them, and up till now that was mostly true. But funny thing about raping scores of women, killing scores of babies, and abducting old people and children, it takes that "I don't give a fuck" bar and raised it way up to the point where the IDF can now do things they WOULDN'T before.

But you wanna know why there are so many well framed camera shots of bombs hitting apartment buildings and mosques? Because the IDF gives NOTICE of the strike so everyone, 'good' and bad, can clear out and Palestinians can rehearse and bring in their crisis actors.

How many times has Hamas given advanced warning to Israel that they are about to conduct a nighttime precision rocket barrage aimed soley at military targets......I'll wait.

supernova8

Banned
You can't say they can go after Hamas while also saying they shouldn't endanger civilians. This is impossible.
Hamas operates out of civilian infrastructure. They use an extensive, well fortified tunnel system that runs beneath hospitals, apartment blocks, etc.
They store weapons there. Pop out at different locations to launch artillary. Have local headquarters there.
The extensive bombing is necessary. Of course you don't have another solution, because there isn't one.
Comparing it to the raid in Israel territory is ridiculous. These were men with limited weapons, operating in the open. Airstrikes were not necessary.

Also, remember that the number of civilian casualties comes from Hamas.
How many of the casualties are actually their fighters? How many of the casualties were the result of Hamas? For example, we already know the parking lot explosion at a hospital a couple weeks ago was caused by a misfired rocket from the Hamas side. The 500 or so casualties they claim is included in that 10,000 plus number.
First off, thanks for engaging without resorting to "both side"-ing me. Much appreciated considering how many seem uninterested in actually discussing this in good faith.
I agree with you that it would be impossible to avoid civilian deaths 100% given that Israel has little choice but to pursue a military response.

What I don't agree with is the implied notion that there's absolutely no other possible way to do what Israel is doing. I think the changes we've seen over the last week or two following international pressure (mainly from the US I presume) demonstrates that just because Israel says "this is the only way" doesn't make it true.

Look at how Israel was conducting its operation around the time the 7th October terror attack happened and compare that to the end of October when Israel reportedly, for example, restored water to Gaza. Also look at how there were no humanitarian corridors or temporary ceasefires to allow civilian movement because Israel refused, and yet now after pressure, those are in place.

A few days/weeks back I was in this thread saying something along the lines "how does it make sense to tell people to flee from the North to the South and then bomb the South?" and then people in here ridiculed me for it saying "it's war get over it" or something along those lines. All the while more and more governments have been coming out pleading with Israel to do more to either avoid hitting civilians or at least get civilians out of the way, and now Israel is clearly doing more than it was (willing to agree to) a few weeks ago.

FingerBang

The tories are an embarrassing party. They deserve to lose.
Very good reporting on the London march today and emphasising the deeply religious component from lots who took park.

Unherd is worth a sub btw.

After watching this:

Everybody is skeptical when the news comes from Israel (1400 dead? Show me proof! There were no beheaded children, show me the proof), but just takes everything coming from Gaza as true (10000 dead mostly women and children, no death certificate needed).
Mostly a non white protest, except for a few useful idiots who are just there protesting against the death of civilians.
For the non muslims it's a classic oppressor vs oppressed, colonialist vs colonized.
For the muslims it's clearly a religious issue, even though they keep saying it's not.

Most of the above, though not all, want Israel to simply not exist.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
A few days/weeks back I was in this thread saying something along the lines "how does it make sense to tell people to flee from the North to the South and then bomb the South?" and then people in here ridiculed me for it saying "it's war get over it" or something along those lines.
We clearly need to implement a humanitarian pause for your fragile ego.

dem

Can someone explain what the fuck “No climate justice on occupied land” means?

It’s been rolling around in my head since yesterday and I still can’t make any sense of it. I might be retarded.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

It’s been rolling around in my head since yesterday and I still can’t make any sense of it. I might be retarded.
I just made fun of that a few posts above. They are literally taking shit and glueing it together with no real thought.

Also, does it mean Greta is ok with the world burning cause the entire world is occupied land.

-Zelda-

Banned

I think it might be code that she is saying "I'm the left version of a neo nazi." other than that:

Chris Farley Idk GIF

tommib

Last edited:

Zathalus

So what is the endgame here? Bomb the shit out of Gaza, send in troops to hopefully get some hostages back and dismantle Hamas as much as possible and then what? Occupy Gaza? For how long and until what objectives are met? Frankly a long term military occupation of 2 million people simply doesn't seem feasible, something like that would require tens of thousands of troops at a minimum.

Salty Hippo

The worst day in Palestine history has arrived. A gay flag proudly displayed in Gaza. Hamas will never recover from this:

77735077-0-image-a-27_1699877439915.jpg
77735079-0-image-a-28_1699877445088.jpg

Maybe in a near-future, gay men in Gaza won't need to seek refugee status in Israel to avoid being beheaded.

I hope people from the purple forum don't see this for their own sake or they'll have a stroke from an overload of cognitive dissonance.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
So what is the endgame here? Bomb the shit out of Gaza, send in troops to hopefully get some hostages back and dismantle Hamas as much as possible and then what? Occupy Gaza? For how long and until what objectives are met? Frankly a long term military occupation of 2 million people simply doesn't seem feasible, something like that would require tens of thousands of troops at a minimum.
It's prob gonne be demilitarized, and then either the PLO with some sort of governing body will be in charge, or something new. Maybe Rashida Tlaib or Linda Sarsour.

DrKeo

Even before Hamas was in power, Palestinian leaders refused, several times, the creation of the Two states solution.
I don't see how there can be a solution to a problem, when one of the sides demands complete annihilation and genocide.
True, but one can hope.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
They’ve been planning his for years and people have been silenced, cancelled, and labeled as Nazis for trying to sound the alarm.

People really need to listen to this. There were clear signs of vulnerability to start pinning those like Jews as 'oppressors' long before this. The events of the 7th only further empowered these rats to come out of the sewer. Those who didn't watch her challenge: "Come sit with her at Stanford during her daily walk at the University to see how she (a Jew) gets treated. Go to the pro-Palestine rallies to listen to what they're actually saying." I say, go bigger. Anyone reading visit the largest University in your city and see how you're treated. Ask pro-Palestine 'warriors' what they're really fighting for. Everyone loves to talk. How many are willing to listen? These arabic muslims aren't victims on anything and if civil rights is so bent on protecting a rainbow colored poodle; why don't they bother to protect Jews? I think we all know why.

By the way, she spoke what what? 5-minutes. What's with the morons behind her laughing, darting eyes or looking down at their phones. Take them to the daycare center in Congress if they can't focus and pay attention like mature adults.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
People really need to listen to this. There were clear signs of vulnerability to start pinning those like Jews as 'oppressors' long before this. The events of the 7th only further empowered these rats to come out of the sewer. Those who didn't watch her challenge: "Come sit with her at Stanford during her daily walk at the University to see how she (a Jew) gets treated. Go to the pro-Palestine rallies to listen to what they're actually saying." I say, go bigger. Anyone reading visit the largest University in your city and see how you're treated. Ask pro-Palestine 'warriors' what they're really fighting for. Everyone loves to talk. How many are willing to listen? These arabic muslims aren't victims on anything and if civil rights is so bent on protecting a rainbow colored poodle; why don't they bother to protect Jews? I think we all know why.

By the way, she spoke what what? 5-minutes. What's with the morons behind her laughing, darting eyes or looking down at their phones. Take them to the daycare center in Congress if they can't focus and pay attention like mature adults.

The more I learn about the hebrew people and faith, the more baffled I get by the hate these people get. They remind me a lot of Mormons in that, every single last one I have ever met were always kind, caring, and courteous. Almost to a comedic degree. Since I started traveling to the local synagogue to learn more and to help out the local community, I have been invited to more dinners in the last month and events in general than I had in the last 10 years.

DeaDPo0L84

Seems like we're getting baited into joining one of two extreme camps.

On one side we have "Israel are terrorists, down with Israel, from the river to the sea!" etc etc etc

on the other side we have "Hamas must pay, no matter the cost (to the Palestinians, that is)"

Surely there's a middle ground along the lines of "yes obviously go after Hamas but maybe conducting thousands of airstrikes on a small piece of land where civilians have nowhere to go miiiiight be a recipe for disaster?"

The obvious reality is that the IDF cares far less about Palestinian civilians than it does about Israeli civilians. Sure they might be taking certain precautions to avoid civilian casualties, but the moment you decide "yeah let's drop a 500kg bomb on this building" you kinda lose the right to keep saying "we're taking every precaution!".

Only have to ask one question to prove this: was the Israeli air force conducting thousands of air strikes inside Israel while Hamas terrorists were still at large? No. They weren't. They sent mainly infantry to take on those Hamas terrorists because they probably knew using airstrikes would lead to.... wait for it... "collateral damage".

Not saying I have a solution. That's for the IDF to work out. Just saying they obviously aren't "taking every precaution" inside Gaza because we can see exactly what "taking every precaution" actually looks like by examining their response to the attack inside Israel.
talking michael scott GIF

Topher

Gold Member
The more I learn about the hebrew people and faith, the more baffled I get by the hate these people get. They remind me a lot of Mormons in that, every single last one I have ever met were always kind, caring, and courteous. Almost to a comedic degree. Since I started traveling to the local synagogue to learn more and to help out the local community, I have been invited to more dinners in the last month and events in general than I had in the last 10 years.

I've never understood the hate for Jews. I googled it a bit and the "best" answer that I've found is that Jews tend to be very successful and that in itself has caused a lot of jealousy and hate.

Really? That's fucking it?

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

jason10mm

Gold Member
Maybe that's their problem.

If yah want to get ahead it helps to be a dick.

BlackTron

That's exactly why they're disliked. They're disproportionately successful and don't really give you any legitimate reason to give them shit over it. Other groups get the impression the only reason they could be so well off is because they're taking more than they deserve or oppressing the other groups to keep them from doing better. They aren't. They just can't accept that they could possibly be so comparatively lame compared to a group that is smaller, nicer, more productive and well-meaning. So they have to stir shit to "equalize" things.

The Muslims that take issue with Jews could have better lives by modernizing and reforming their own policies and way of life. But everything wrong has to be scapegoated off to another group that is hated, first for nothing, and then more and more for trying to contain their shittiness out of necessity.

That "shittinesss containment" is the "illegal occupation".

Edit: Despite comprising .02 of the worlds population, Jewish people comprise 22% of Nobel prize winners.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Thank you, I've repeated this point several times. I'll try to give the short end to back you up. If we're talking in terms of centuries of peaceful solutions offered by Jews to arabic / muslim occupants of ancient Judea (now 'palestine'), like over 20 centuries historically. More recently since the 1990's several times have the occupants in Palestine not only been offered 2-State but Israel really offered them just about everything. They've refused every offer. Palestine current and if muslims are put back into place in the future will continue to attack Israel, continue for the termination of all Jews and continue to demand all of Israel. They refuse because Islamic groups like Hamas will only negotiate if the U.N. approved the mass slaughter of all Jews and overtaking of all Israel.

2-state is off the table. Any power to occupy those cities called 'palestine' that aren't Jewish or belong to Islam will only rinse and repeat. There's a solution but it would mean removal of extremist theocracies or the like from governing over in the future.
Hoping to see more things that are feel good.

Really uplifting and may add very dangerous. India has a relatively large Muslim population and very little infrastructure to protect those marching like this. They (the pro-Israel Indians) knew these risks and look at those banners. That's far bolder than just waving a flag. If they marched down 5th Avenue in New York with signs like that...they'd be labeled as bigots and shutdown in 5-minutes. Tells you something. Some will just sit quiet on the matter indifferently. Others will stand against evil and terrorism.
My Grandparents' generation were German & Polish Jews. I too have Jewish blood and we have a history. I don't practice the Jewish religion but I'll share this. Jews who were religious were treated me like family. I recall being invited into their homes and going out for to eat with a group of Jews. Not once person ever treated me like an 'infidel'. People with a truly gentle heart. I admire your effort to get to know the people and history more; if Universities across the U.S. would encourage behavior like this, it'd be pretty clear to know what's what. If you disagree with a Jew about a part of the Pentateuch, they're not going to harm you and most will probably just shrug it off. You sit down with a peaceful Muslim and tell them you disagree with a Surah in the Qu'ran and see how they react. I've met with both groups. Or, sit down with a muslim and tell them you're a Jew. See how they react or if they'd like to go out for a coffee with you afterward.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Thank you, I've repeated this point several times. I'll try to give the short end to back you up. If we're talking in terms of centuries of peaceful solutions offered by Jews to arabic / muslim occupants of ancient Judea (now 'palestine'), like over 20 centuries historically. More recently since the 1990's several times have the occupants in Palestine not only been offered 2-State but Israel really offered them just about everything. They've refused every offer. Palestine current and if muslims are put back into place in the future will continue to attack Israel, continue for the termination of all Jews and continue to demand all of Israel. They refuse because Islamic groups like Hamas will only negotiate if the U.N. approved the mass slaughter of all Jews and overtaking of all Israel.

2-state is off the table. Any power to occupy those cities called 'palestine' that aren't Jewish or belong to Islam will only rinse and repeat. There's a solution but it would mean removal of extremist theocracies or the like from governing over in the future.

Really uplifting and may add very dangerous. India has a relatively large Muslim population and very little infrastructure to protect those marching like this. They (the pro-Israel Indians) knew these risks and look at those banners. That's far bolder than just waving a flag. If they marched down 5th Avenue in New York with signs like that...they'd be labeled as bigots and shutdown in 5-minutes. Tells you something. Some will just sit quiet on the matter indifferently. Others will stand against evil and terrorism.

My Grandparents' generation were German & Polish Jews. I too have Jewish blood and we have a history. I don't practice the Jewish religion but I'll share this. Jews who were religious were treated me like family. I recall being invited into their homes and going out for to eat with a group of Jews. Not once person ever treated me like an 'infidel'. People with a truly gentle heart. I admire your effort to get to know the people and history more; if Universities across the U.S. would encourage behavior like this, it'd be pretty clear to know what's what. If you disagree with a Jew about a part of the Pentateuch, they're not going to harm you and most will probably just shrug it off. You sit down with a peaceful Muslim and tell them you disagree with a Surah in the Qu'ran and see how they react. I've met with both groups. Or, sit down with a muslim and tell them you're a Jew. See how they react or if they'd like to go out for a coffee with you afterward.

Lol, that was the very first thing I was told when I started to learn more about Judaism. “Go to a synagogue and talk with 3 Jews, you will get 5 different opinions on the Torah”

Topher

Gold Member
You won't blame yourself for being unsuccessful, you blame the successful person.

You won't hate yourself, so you hate others.

I've known people like that. Just hard to get my head wrapped around applying that way of thinking to an entire ethnicity.

eNT1TY

The assumption that the IDF would use JDAMs to target widely dispersed gunmen is ridiculous. Air strikes are being used to target missile launchers, tunnels, fortified artillery positions, vehicles, militant leadership, and command centres.

The exact same reason that the US didn’t just roll troops into Baghdad and instead conducted thousands of air strikes over the course of three weeks before troops set foot in the city.

This is what they’re dealing with:

this is some straight up live action adaptation of Missile Command

Sure they might be taking certain precautions to avoid civilian casualties, but the moment you decide "yeah let's drop a 500kg bomb on this building" you kinda lose the right to keep saying "we're taking every precaution!".
Dummy, do you not know what war is? They are in fact taking every precaution they can while still being at war.
The only other option to not clear tactical positions with airstrikes, is to send in soldiers.
It's wild to me that you have no regard for the lives of said soldiers, IDF should just send them off to die until they can finally clear that one building?
dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb.gif

violence

Perhaps this is one vicious cycle where these two groups of people reconquer the land from each other every 2000 years.

Last edited:

DrKeo

Perhaps this is one vicious cycle where these two groups of people reconquer the land from each other every 2000 years.
Israel was conquered dozens of times in the past 3000 years, but not once by the Palestinians.
Edit: forgot to insert the quote.

Last edited:

violence

Israel was conquered dozens of times in the past 3000 years, but not once by the Palestinians.
Ah true. Several years ago I saw YouTuber thunderfoot say (in not one of his videos, but in regular conversation on another channel) “It’s about land rights from 2000 years ago.” It’s been running in my head for the past month.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Lol, that was the very first thing I was told when I started to learn more about Judaism. “Go to a synagogue and talk with 3 Jews, you will get 5 different opinions on the Torah”
If it's about Judaism, that's fairly accurate. 5 parts though, so 5 interpretations is one way too as each book may be interpreted by a different scholar. Keep in mind, those who do study the theology behind this can invest anywhere from 12-years to a lifetime studying as well. You're not the only one to go on this journey who wasn't of the religious side. Before the filming of the Ten Commandments (1956 version); Charlton Heston read through the 5 books several times as well. You're trying in English though, right? Hebrew...you're going full ride. By the way, there are still holocaust survivors around today; have you talked with any of them about how they feel about the current events? Probably the most eye-opening stories right there too.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
The last powerful force to overtake Israel was Rome. Nearly every Arab attempt since then (over 20 and counting) have failed. Are you sure you meant to say Israel was attempted to be conquered over those 3,000-years or just the city of Jerusalem. Jerusalem was conquered some 18 times but re established over 20 times by Israel. You are correct about Palestine though. They've done nothing but live off the land, demand more and will accept nothing less than everything (which is non-negotiable). Everything, of course, means all of Israel by means of mass genocide of all Jews therein.

If history says anything: negotiations should have never happened. They should have never been permitted to live within the borders of Israel post 1948. Lessons have been learned from the 7th of October massacre. In short, Israel will take back power of Gaza and the West Bank in time. Negotiations with muslim Arabic nations will be off the table. This will not happen again.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
If it's about Judaism, that's fairly accurate. 5 parts though, so 5 interpretations is one way too as each book may be interpreted by a different scholar. Keep in mind, those who do study the theology behind this can invest anywhere from 12-years to a lifetime studying as well. You're not the only one to go on this journey who wasn't of the religious side. Before the filming of the Ten Commandments (1956 version); Charlton Heston read through the 5 books several times as well. You're trying in English though, right? Hebrew...you're going full ride. By the way, there are still holocaust survivors around today; have you talked with any of them about how they feel about the current events? Probably the most eye-opening stories right there too.
I am learning Hebrew at the moment, but it will be a while until I can read fluently.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
are you learning so you can read the Torah? you know that's ancient Hebrew and confusing as fuck.

Mostly just learning for fun. I have reached a plateau of sorts with Japanese where its more just conversing person to person to improve and learning rarely used Kanji. If I can read the Torah or even converse with people from Israel, all the better! But it isn't my primary goal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom