• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's books. Scrolls are sacred and kept in the holy closet as far as I know.
I'm religious. We use the Sefer Torah written on a scroll during days that we take out The Torah to be read from the holy ark during morning prayers on Mondays and Thursdays, and Morning prayers on Shabbat (Saturday) and Shabbat afternoon and certain Jewish festivals.

When it comes to actually learning, no we learn from books. We have thousands upon thousands upon thousands of Torah books (millions) ranging from subjects such as Jewish law, to Jewish philosophy, to Jewish Mysticism and everything in between and beyond that. The Talmud is one of the most important Jewish volumes of books that is learnt by everyone, which comprises of legal discussions which leads to the formulation of the practical Jewish law we do today and will do in the future. These works (such as The Talmud) are a chain connecting all the way back to The giving of Torah at Mount Sinai when Moses received it in its entirety from G-D and then transmitted directly to millions of Israelites standing at the foot of Mount Sinai. That way it is seen as receiving The Torah anew by G-D every day. There's much, much more to it but that's a very limited summary.

Edit this was to help ADiTAR help answer the other guy.

Last edited:
Lots have been saying this for years, but it was called "tinfoil" back then, and was being controlled on social media. *sips tea*

Are we waking up yet?

So you're using a source from a Paul Singer funded media to attack George Soros funded media hmmmm do you not see the irony?

DrKeo

There are extremists on both sides to he fair. Yitzhak Rabin was murdered by an Israeli for wanting peace. That being said Hamas is hands down the villain. They are the main reason there is still a conflict.
Another difference is that in Israel the extremist Ben Gvir, who is a lunatic but still not half as extreme as Hamas, got 6 seats in the Knesset (5%), and currently the polls give him less than 3%. In the canceled 2021 Palestinian election Hamas was supposed to win in both Gaza and the West Bank, so the PLO canceled the elections.

Most people remember how Hamas took power by force after they won the 2007 elections and the fact that they are basically a dictatorship. But most forget how the PLO canceled the 2021 elections because the support for Hamas amongst the Palestinians is enormous, even in the West Bank.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
IDF have been protecting and enabling illegal settlers for years now, so yes, I'm sorry I will 'both sides' this argument because it's not black and white and there are no 'good guys' to support in this conflict.
This is not a war of the IDF vs. Hamas Mr. 'two sides.' The IDF (which is doing an amazing job right now and I've thanked them for it) is one part of those who control borders in Israel. You know what you sound like, right? The Nazis had so many conspiracy theories about the Jews "but don't forget what they did..." They convinced a large chunk of Europe that Jews were evil. You're an idiot and continue to deflect your proposed solution for Israel. You've made yourself a 'both sides' person -- which means, you'd like a ceasefire. Correct me if I'm wrong. You don't want Israel to defend themselves in a war they didn't start to stop fighting because someone might die in a war. You don't want Israel to defend themselves so Hamas can regain power and bring rebuild so they can have their way in massacring all Jews and attempting to overthrow Israel? You want Israel to say, "welp, people feel IDF messed up years ago...guess that means we should try peace negotiations for 2-state again."

I'll give you the black & white for your 'sides' arguement:

Israel IS the victim. Innocent civilians were massacred by lower-than animals and they have every right to defend themselves. Every move they've made has show sovereignty to reduce casualties (non-Hamas) which no other country on Earth would do during war. Israel has released more palestine prisons of Hamas than Hamas. Offered decades (further back centuries) or peaceful resolutions, all of which have been rejected. Took care of the occupants in palestine providing them with all basic living necessities. Hamas gave them nothing but religious empowerment and used their children for shields in every small conflict prior to the 7th of October and after.

-----------------------

The other side: Still holds over 160 Israeli hostages. Holds their own hostage. Builds their 'bases' under hospitals, elementary schools and public areas with civilians.

The other side: Hamas. Terrorist. A false state (palestine) which is led, powered, funded and controlled by Hamas. They deserve no mercy. They deserve only to be completely wiped off the face of the Earth.

The other side: Free palestine (from the river to the sea) = spill the blood of every last Jew in a second Holocaust which will start with Israel and continue until they could eliminate every Jew in all countries. Then, give palestine not statehood...give them all of Israel.

The other side: Innocents being killed by Hamas, backseat Qatar/Yemen/Iranian supporters of Hamas. Saw Hamas shooting their own people and palestine civilians as they tried to evacuate under protection of the IDF.

The other side: Screaming ceasefire and leading mobs of violence globally to march for the destruction of Israeli and massacre of all Jews.

There's your two sides. Let's not sugar coat what ceasefire means either. Ceasefire is coming from Hamas and being chanted by: pro-Palestine groups globally, anti-Semites, muslim nations who are indirectly involved and of course, Hamas. Ceasefire means: Let IDF back out so we can take Israel 'from the river to the sea.' Again, that's your other side.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

Hard to post this short video on the hospital operation. This is what everyone should have been listening to before reading all the propaganda about 'Israel is committing humanitarian crimes by attacking a hospital.' Goodness, even TWSJ agreed with the White House that they knew Al-Shifa was being controlled by Islamic Jihad (of Hamas). Hamas was holding over 1,000 hostages of 'their own' in that hospital. We'll get updates today but IDF identified Al-Shifa hospital weeks ago as yet another hub for Hamas terrorist operations among other things.

cormack12

Gold Member
IDF have been protecting and enabling illegal settlers for years now........

I know lots of people have quoted you but it's kind of a flippant reduction. We can carve up the complexity from any point in time but there has only ever been one point of continuity. Refusal of compromise and acceptance of defeat by the Arab states.

Jordan actually annexed East Jerusalem first - frowned upon internationally - and were classed as occupying also. This was on the back of propaganda saying zionism was going to spread from West Jerusalem. They occupied East Jerusalem after rejecting the partition plan for a two state solution.

While occupied the Arabs destroyed the Jewish part of Old Jerusalem, they refused access to the Holy Places (includ8ling Israeli muslims) and the Jewish cemeteries. Jews were not allowed near the Western wall. Synagogues were destroyed and gravestones were torn down and paved over. Jersualem was partitioned by concrete walls and barbed wire and the Mount was turned into a military base. There were also reports of indiscriminate shooting into West Jerusalem from the Jordanian controlled East, at Jews.

That was the scene before Egypt closed the straits again in 1967. Israel had already said that if Egypt attempted this again (post 1956) it would be a imvitation of war. True to their word, Israel responded when it was announced the straits were closed to Israeli shipping. This was the point where Israel defeated the Arab nations of Jordan, Syria and Egypt and advanced their borders. Part of that was pushing occupying forces of Jordan out of East Jerusalem, pushing them out of the Jordan owned West Bank and bringing it under Israeli law and order. This is pretty comparable to when Jordan annexed the city first.

Israel offered all civilians citizenship, which most Palestinians refused. In terms of the seizing of land by settlers, this is consistent with Israeli law (so it not illegal by law, but coupled with the condemnation of the annexation by the UN provides a soundbite) - just like Jordan laws were applied in East Jerusalem when they occupied it. There has been bad press regarding other issues such as illegal buildings torn down (missing permits or built in the separation barrier boundary) but they are legal - but in the background more conspiracy theories about zionism etc. take root.

Sinai was returned under a peace treaty to Egypt, but the uncomfortable summary of the whole situation is that if Israel don't manage the situation in Jersualem this way, then they are opening themselves up to more attacks. Put it another way if the Iron Dome didn't exist, how much of Israel would you expect to still be standing based on suicide bombings, bombings and indiscriminate and continuous missile bombardment?

It's made more complex by the fact Jordan have also renounced their claim to the West Bank and 'East' Jerusalem. Technically it would be occupied Jordan and not occupied Palestine (except East Jerusalem). As I understand it anyway.

The onus is on the Arab states to broker a peace based on their current land, provide a legitimate government and accept that they need to live in proximity to Israel.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Any update on the hospital operation?
IDF is slow, which I think is a good thing. It'll prob be officially out in a day or two. Keep in mind this is a big complex. Think of a big hospital near you, so it takes time to find shit.

But Israeli media is already trying to talk a bit of finding shafts in the hospital, and also places where they tried to cover it up using new cement and ceramic tiles.

GymWolf

People who doubt that haven't seen rambo movies

W_4mSa.gif

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I'm religious. We use the Sefer Torah written on a scroll during days that we take out The Torah to be read from the holy ark during morning prayers on Mondays and Thursdays, and Morning prayers on Shabbat (Saturday) and Shabbat afternoon and certain Jewish festivals.

When it comes to actually learning, no we learn from books. We have thousands upon thousands upon thousands of Torah books (millions) ranging from subjects such as Jewish law, to Jewish philosophy, to Jewish Mysticism and everything in between and beyond that. The Talmud is one of the most important Jewish volumes of books that is learnt by everyone, which comprises of legal discussions which leads to the formulation of the practical Jewish law we do today and will do in the future. These works (such as The Talmud) are a chain connecting all the way back to The giving of Torah at Mount Sinai when Moses received it in its entirety from G-D and then transmitted directly to millions of Israelites standing at the foot of Mount Sinai. That way it is seen as receiving The Torah anew by G-D every day. There's much, much more to it but that's a very limited summary.

Edit this was to help ADiTAR help answer the other guy.
Believe it was for Faust. I asked how the Torah was actually presented for those studying (such as the scholars). Now, I imagine the scrolls are not in every synagogue though or is it? I'm unsure so I'm asking but again, the one who was seeking the history behind the religious side was Faust. As for me, I've read the Pentateuch only and I'll say this, for a novice...it is too complex to be understood in one read. Unless anyone can say they understood every command of the Ark first time reading. The books of law are very exhaustive too and often are better left to the experts. It's awful to hear how people interpret those from a literal standpoint.
I know lots of people have quoted you but it's kind of a flippant reduction. We can carve up the complexity from any point in time but there has only ever been one point of continuity. Refusal of compromise and acceptance of defeat by the Arab states.

Jordan actually annexed East Jerusalem first - frowned upon internationally - and were classed as occupying also. This was on the back of propaganda saying zionism was going to spread from West Jerusalem. They occupied East Jerusalem after rejecting the partition plan for a two state solution.

While occupied the Arabs destroyed the Jewish part of Old Jerusalem, they refused access to the Holy Places (includ8ling Israeli muslims) and the Jewish cemeteries. Jews were not allowed near the Western wall. Synagogues were destroyed and gravestones were torn down and paved over. Jersualem was partitioned by concrete walls and barbed wire and the Mount was turned into a military base. There were also reports of indiscriminate shooting into West Jerusalem from the Jordanian controlled East, at Jews.

That was the scene before Egypt closed the straits again in 1967. Israel had already said that if Egypt attempted this again (post 1956) it would be a imvitation of war. True to their word, Israel responded when it was announced the straits were closed to Israeli shipping. This was the point where Israel defeated the Arab nations of Jordan, Syria and Egypt and advanced their borders. Part of that was pushing occupying forces of Jordan out of East Jerusalem, pushing them out of the Jordan owned West Bank and bringing it under Israeli law and order. This is pretty comparable to when Jordan annexed the city first.

Israel offered all civilians citizenship, which most Palestinians refused. In terms of the seizing of land by settlers, this is consistent with Israeli law (so it not illegal by law, but coupled with the condemnation of the annexation by the UN provides a soundbite) - just like Jordan laws were applied in East Jerusalem when they occupied it. There has been bad press regarding other issues such as illegal buildings torn down (missing permits or built in the separation barrier boundary) but they are legal - but in the background more conspiracy theories about zionism etc. take root.

Sinai was returned under a peace treaty to Egypt, but the uncomfortable summary of the whole situation is that if Israel don't manage the situation in Jersualem this way, then they are opening themselves up to more attacks. Put it another way if the Iron Dome didn't exist, how much of Israel would you expect to still be standing based on suicide bombings, bombings and indiscriminate and continuous missile bombardment?

It's made more complex by the fact Jordan have also renounced their claim to the West Bank and 'East' Jerusalem. Technically it would be occupied Jordan and not occupied Palestine (except East Jerusalem). As I understand it anyway.

The onus is on the Arab states to broker a peace based on their current land, provide a legitimate government and accept that they need to live in proximity to Israel.
Like a TL;DR on this would be: Israel has attempted multiple peace attempts with their violent borders, invaders etc. If they propose a solution: it's rejected. If they offer support: it's refused. Suggest leave it to the arabic states to decide how Gaza and the West Bank would be lead after Hamas is decimated? I wouldn't trust the muslim borders to touch Gaza or the West Bank either. No, they're not all Hamas but it's still Islam. The goal is for Sharia and put a big enough power in Gaza or West Strip that wants Sharia, that would again mean...all Israel under Sharia. That's not going to happen. The arabic nations under Islam cannot be trusted to govern that land ever again.
IDF is slow, which I think is a good thing. It'll prob be officially out in a day or two. Keep in mind this is a big complex. Think of a big hospital near you, so it takes time to find shit.

But Israeli media is already trying to talk a bit of finding shafts in the hospital, and also places where they tried to cover it up using new cement and ceramic tiles.
Not sure if anyone mentioned this too for those afraid of collateral damage; IDF knows that too. They entered in with medical staff, not just IDF soldiers. It's slow too as most are aware the hospital is under strong Hamas control and no telling what or who they've booby trapped. The part most of the West isn't considering is also: how do you identify Hamas when entering a hospital? IDF wear military uniform. Terrorists (Hamas) will dress as civilians. This is not easy by any means or a fast operation.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Not sure if anyone mentioned this too for those afraid of collateral damage; IDF knows that too. They entered in with medical staff, not just IDF soldiers. It's slow too as most are aware the hospital is under strong Hamas control and no telling what or who they've booby trapped. The part most of the West isn't considering is also: how do you identify Hamas when entering a hospital? IDF wear military uniform. Terrorists (Hamas) will dress as civilians. This is not easy by any means or a fast operation.
They also went in on intel they had, so it could've been something they needed to go in for a specific reason.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Lots have been saying this for years, but it was called "tinfoil" back then, and was being controlled on social media. *sips tea*

Are we waking up yet?

This man's money has been floating around a lot of groups that have torn down much of the U.S, during the Summer of Peace and Love.
He's been called out by celebrities, politicians and many others. Supposedly his money is linked to BLM, Migrants, District Attorneys, among others.
Sources such as below:

Brazen

There are interviews on Soros where he admitted to feeling indifferent towards his own people as a Jewish kid/teenager in Germany during WW2 iirc. My opinion is that he was scarred by the evil during those times and has become the very thing over the years by resentment perhaps? Some trauma has to be there... It's obvious he hates society as it is today and honestly, I can't blame him for those feelings. However, I will blame him for his actions and will continue to follow his money/endeavors very very closely. Single handedly figured out a way to undermine the American system of law, order, justice, and trust by just funding DAs/judges political campaigns who refuse to enforce laws and/or do so unequally.

I hope I'm wrong though and only landed on bias or takes without context. Multi-billionaires have too much power in any case.

Raven117

I can only imagine the difficulty facing the IDF on moving on that hospital (and effing clearly Hamas is using that as a base, I mean, come the eff on).

Israel knows that this specific part of the operation is likely how this whole thing will be judged against Israel (for better or worse).

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I can only imagine the difficulty facing the IDF on moving on that hospital (and effing clearly Hamas is using that as a base, I mean, come the eff on).

Israel knows that this specific part of the operation is likely how this whole thing will be judged against Israel (for better or worse).
Which is why they're proceeding with extreme care. They know there will be casualties but that's war. They're doing their best to minimize that. Keep in mind, as soldiers their objective is to eliminate Hamas' power hold in the hospital. Just as leaders have stated they're not caving into the ceasefire chants (which are loud in the West); they're not focusing on how media will twist what they do. Focus on the goal and ignore the useless ones who aren't fighting this war but debating it from a distance. It's super difficult but it'll be worth it to also expose what these terrorists have been doing under there. Remember what was discovered under the first hospital. Be patient as we'll know soon enough.

daffyduck

nuts

Lol at the IDF succumbing to the youtuber clickbait thumbnail though
What was the thumbnail, hot girl, or the IDF guy with a soy face 'You won't believe what we found!!'

Edit: So just as it shows above. Pretty tame by youtuber standards.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
Oh wow, so you are telling me that a population that lived in Europe for millennia has... *gulp*... Europian gens? What a shock. I'm an Ashkenazi Jew, I have blue eyes, white skin, and also Middle Eastern gens. My mother and my sister have brown skin, eyes, and hair. Most Polish Jews look Polish, Iraqi Jews look Iraqi and Yeman Jews look Yeman. You can't expect after hundreds of years of residing in an area that bloodlines will remain "pure". Obviously, all people who have lived in an area for centuries have genes related to that area. Do you think all Palestinians have been living there for a thousand years? Most of them are late 19th-century and early 20th-century immigrants from all around the Middle East (but mostly Egypt).

According to 2017 data, Israel is 80% Jewish, 18% Arab, and 2% other. Ashkenazi Jews hardly make up 30% of Israelis. So the vast majority of Israelis are brown.

Calling Israelis colonizers is insane. The biggest group in the Israeli population is Mizrahi Jews, they have been ethnically cleansed from northern Africa and the Middle East and came to Israel by the hundreds of thousands as refugees (actually, more Jews have fled from Arab countries than Palestinians in 1948, call it the Jewish Nakba if you like) in the middle of the 20th-century. Most Ashkenazi Jews escaped Europe right before, during, or right after the holocaust. What kind of sick mind calls Holocaust survivors from Europe and Pogrom survivors from the Middle East who return to their homeland to seek refuge - colonizers?
55% Sephardim, 45% Ashkenazi.

After a certain point, territorial claims are invalid. If you want to conquer territory just say that's what you're doing. It's what the israelis did originally to conquer that land as described in the Torah. Italy has as much of a claim on those lands if you use your logic.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

After a certain point, territorial claims are invalid. If you want to conquer territory just say that's what you're doing. It's what the israelis did originally to conquer that land as described in the Torah. Italy has as much of a claim on those lands if you use your logic.
You're in a thread about the terrorist attacks on Israel against Hamas spreading propaganda against Jews painting out some obtuse centuries old argument of what? What are you really try to say. There's a group of anti-Semites claiming Jews ethnically cleansed Israel. You'd make a horrible history teacher and this is hardly the appropriate thread, place or time for "but they..." jargon.

winjer

Gold Member

Look at history, and you will find that whenever a country, kingdom, or political unit loses a war, they lose territory.
Example, France declared war on Prussia (Germany) on 1870. They lost the war and because of that, they lost Alsace and Lorraine. Then in 1914, Germany declared war on France and lost. Because of that they lost Alsace and Lorraine, as well as several territories in the east.

The Palestinians declare war on Israel, of course they will lose territories. But the stupid part is that despite they are constantly losing, the Palestinians are constantly declaring war.
And even when Israel returns some lands to them, it's never enough to settle a peace. Because for a lot of Palestinians, it's only good enough with a Jewish genocide. And this is openly spoken is Palestine.
The only roadblock for peace has always been the Palestinians, who demand the complete destruction of Israel. And go so far as to demand the death of all Jews in the whole world.
Yet you think they are the victim. But they are not, they are constantly starting conflict. So much so, that even other Muslims countries refuse to receive Palestinian refugees.

Ozriel

M$FT
IDF have been protecting and enabling illegal settlers for years now, so yes, I'm sorry I will 'both sides' this argument because it's not black and white and there are no 'good guys' to support in this conflict.

Well, the current cycle was caused by Hamas terrorists coming in from Gaza - a region with zero Israeli settlers - to kill, steal, rape and butcher civilians including women, children and the elderly.

Man, that’s one hell of a blunder. How do you casually explain that away as a ‘misinterpretation’?

chonga

Are we waking up yet?

It is pretty obvious - and happens on both sides of debates. It isn't really some kind of Soros controls the world conspiracy it is more everybody trying to control everything scenario.

The exact same goes for all the climate protests you see. Groups are literally giving people all expenses paid trips to go glue themselves to roads etc.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It is pretty obvious - and happens on both sides of debates. It isn't really some kind of Soros controls the world conspiracy it is more everybody trying to control everything scenario.

The exact same goes for all the climate protests you see. Groups are literally giving people all expenses paid trips to go glue themselves to roads etc.
One side is currently marching in the streets saying to "gas the Jews," however. The same group ideology that burned cities a few years ago and the like. Same source of the money trail as well. That is the context to all of this.

tommib

We know of TikTok’s predatory nature because the app has several versions. In China, there is a safely sanitized version called Douyin. That version, using much of the same technology, shows kids science experiments and other educational content, and its use is limited to forty minutes per day. Here in America, the application’s algorithm is exquisitely tuned to prioritize polarizing outrage and addictive, brain-numbing nonsense (at best) and dangerous propaganda (at worst). Put differently, ByteDance and the CCP have decided that China’s children get spinach, and America’s getdigital fentanyl.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Ofcourse there is, you are just too blind or too proud to admit it. Moral high ground is a powerful drug.

Situation there is fucked up: you have Hamas which is essentially a terrorist/dictatorship (they don’t let elections happen since they won one). And also dumb fucks (seriously who would poke the yarmulke bear?).

On the other, Israel has consistently followed a policy of otherizating and seizing their land.

I’d rather Israel win because it’s more compatible with our values, sure. But the reality is neither Hamas nor Israel’s government is interested on peace. They’ll fight until only one is standing and that will be Israel.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm not a war expert or strategist, but I don't know how anyone could tell a nation that believes an entity wants to eradicate them and came onto their soil and slaughtered innocent citizens that they shouldn't want to wipe their enemy off the map and eliminate the threat. Suddenly everyone thinks they're war strategist now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom