• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffdraul

55% Sephardim, 45% Ashkenazi.

After a certain point, territorial claims are invalid. If you want to conquer territory just say that's what you're doing. It's what the israelis did originally to conquer that land as described in the Torah. Italy has as much of a claim on those lands if you use your logic.
The peoples the Jews conquered in Canaan DO NOT EXIST. They stopped existing millennia ago, they became Jews and Arabs. It became the Jews' land the same way any piece of territory becomes anyone's land throughout all of human history.

The sticky wicket here is that the Romans colonized the Jews' land and expelled the Jews and renamed it Palestine, but A) the Jews spread out across the world yet never stopped existing as a cohesive culture and B) Rome wasn't able to get rid of all of them, there have ALWAYS been Jews living there ever since they founded Judea.

As others have mentioned, when you lose a war, you lose land. But I'm not referring to the Palestinians attacking Israel in the last few decades and losing. I'm talking about the re-founding of Israel: After the Ottoman Empire lost WWI, the UK and France had control of virtually the entire Middle East region, and they created a bunch of new Arab countries virtually out of thin air. Arabs were perfectly fine with that. Then the UK decided to give one tiny piece of land back to the people who had once owned it, and the Arabs (read: Middle Eastern Muslims) lost their fucking minds. There shouldn't have been much controversy about it. e.g. Germany attacked Poland in WWII, Germany eventually got their asses kicked, and suddenly a big chunk of German territory now belonged to Poland. The Germans living there had to pack their shit and move, and Poles came and moved in. It's been Polish land ever since, and yet somehow the Germans managed to get on with their lives without spending the last 80 years screaming and crying and committing terrorist acts thinking it's going to get them their land back.

The thing not enough people understand is that, yes, this IS about religion. This is about Islamists refusing to accept that formerly Muslim land fell back to Jewish control. They can't abide that. They'd literally rather die in jihad.

The thing that really chaps my hind is when people accuse Israel of being "colonizers." You can't be a colonizer if you don't have a home country you can return to if your colony is lost/destroyed.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Situation there is fucked up: you have Hamas which is essentially a terrorist/dictatorship (they don’t let elections happen since they won one). And also dumb fucks (seriously who would poke the yarmulke bear?).

On the other, Israel has consistently followed a policy of otherizating and seizing their land.

I’d rather Israel win because it’s more compatible with our values, sure. But the reality is neither Hamas nor Israel’s government is interested on peace. They’ll fight until only one is standing and that will be Israel.
Let's just go back to 1948 when Israel was finally recognized and given statehood, which land were they otherizing and seizing? Palestine has never been a state (and never will be). They had no right to claim anything and Israel offered them statehood too (just a few months prior to the October 7th massacre). When you look at the violence against Israel, Jews from within their borders and outside historically; it's easy to see this isn't about sides or the current events only. I mentioned the 1948 statehood of Israel. The arabic nations surrounding Israel in 1948 vowed that if the votes passed for their (Israel's) statehood; they would wage war to wipe out all Israel and all Jews.

Pulling Israel into this with accusations that they stole land isn't going to set well. After 9/11 the U.S. had the legal right to declare war on their enemies. How well that was done and the time to accomplish the objective is another story. The point is, when you attack civilians in their own country in a brutal way and let's just go back to the U.S. in the weeks after 9/11; is that the time to say, "well, you know the U.S. was doing dirty deals with Saudi oil companies including one owned by Bin Laden's parents." Nope. Because whatever that nation did doesn't justify the brutal bloodshed of civilians.

Wildebeest

I'm not a war expert or strategist, but I don't know how anyone could tell a nation that believes an entity wants to eradicate them and came onto their soil and slaughtered innocent citizens that they shouldn't want to wipe their enemy off the map and eliminate the threat. Suddenly everyone thinks they're war strategist now.
The Hamas atrocities were designed to trigger a huge response from Israel, supposedly to address the problem that the region was getting too peaceful for the taste of some. Such as the "peace lovers" who were initially partying and celebrating on the 7th. The thing is, once the response is in progress, various people want to have their cakes and eat it. They want it to be that the Israeli response is no greater or lesser than they need to achieve the political goals they want. Situations as chaotic as this get more chaotic and out of hand, so this sort of belief that they have some sort of control of the situation is an illusion.

Woggleman

There is nothing nice or kind about war. It is a brutal, nasty and violent thing that should never be glorified. That being said if the government of a country has publicly let it be known that it wants to exterminate their neighbor and wipe all their people off the earth what do you expect that neighbor to do? Should they just sit back and accept Annihilation?

zenspider

The Hamas atrocities were designed to trigger a huge response from Israel, supposedly to address the problem that the region was getting too peaceful for the taste of some.
I'm not an expert but this makes sense to me. People keep adding "context" from 50 to 5,000 years ago to justify Hamas attacks -- but the context of Iran v. Saudi Arabia in the present day seems to be the real 'why', or at least the 'why now', and it feels like nobody is talking about it. Listening to Peter Hitchens on Israel recently has me terrified Israel got baited.

BlackTron

I remember the self-satisfied, even gleeful reactions of some of those people towards the Hamas terrorist attacks on innocent men, women, and children. Even pets were gunned down. The use of words now like 'love' and 'humanity' is such a hypocritical, transparent ploy. I don't say this often, but people like this really disgust me.

Yeah, and I like how they say we need a cease-fire AND the hostages need to be returned. I'd like to hear their brilliant plan for accomplishing both of those goals at the same time.

Wildebeest

I'm not an expert but this makes sense to me. People keep adding "context" from 50 to 5,000 years ago to justify Hamas attacks -- but the context of Iran v. Saudi Arabia in the present day seems to be the real 'why', or at least the 'why now', and it feels like nobody is talking about it. Listening to Peter Hitchens on Israel recently has me terrified Israel got baited.
It's not really a secret. Iran is an imperialist power from way back who think that all the land from current Iran to Israel, Egypt and Turkey is their historical territory and should be reclaimed. Nations like that are only "anti-imperialistic" or "decolonisers" in that they are anti-other empires and anti-other colonisers.

zenspider

It's not really a secret. Iran is an imperialist power from way back who think that all the land from current Iran to Israel, Egypt and Turkey is their historical territory and should be reclaimed. Nations like that are only "anti-imperialistic" or "decolonisers" in that they are anti-other empires and anti-other colonisers.
I mean particularly the hope of Saudi Arabia joining the Abraham Accords. It seemed like a possible world on October 6th. Again I'm not an expert and am trying to learn more but it seems the power dynamic in the Arab/Muslim world between Iran and Saudia Arabia might be the real backdrop to this while we're all catching up on thousands of years of history trying to make sense of this.

DrKeo

55% Sephardim, 45% Ashkenazi.

After a certain point, territorial claims are invalid. If you want to conquer territory just say that's what you're doing. It's what the israelis did originally to conquer that land as described in the Torah. Italy has as much of a claim on those lands if you use your logic.
61% Spharadi, 39% Ashkenazi. 39% out of 80% is 31.2% which is, as I've said, around 30% of Israelis are Ashkenazi Jews.

Romans are from Rome, that's their homeland. Romans colonized Israel, and called it Palestine to make people like you think it has no connection to the Jews. Israel was always the only Jewish homeland, and modern Israel was established by Jewish refugees who had no other home. Calling them colonizers is ignorant, and rewriting history.

So no, the Italians don't have the same claim to Israel as the Jews. But funny enough, the Romans did inhabit Israel long before the Palestinians, and they even gave the Palestinians their namesake.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
61% Spharadi, 39% Ashkenazi. 39% out of 80% is 31.2% which is, as I've said, around 30% of Israelis are Ashkenazi Jews.

Romans are from Rome, that's their homeland. Romans colonized Israel, and called it Palestine to make people like you think it has no connection to the Jews. Israel was always the only Jewish homeland, and modern Israel was established by Jewish refugees who had no other home. Calling them colonizers is ignorant, and rewriting history.

So no, the Italians don't have the same claim to Israel as the Jews. But funny enough, the Romans did inhabit Israel long before the Palestinians, and they even gave the Palestinians their namesake.
Palestinians can thank "colonizers" for their namesake and marches with a flag. The irony is lost on them, however.

Meicyn

Gold Member

All the conjecture in certain spaces over whether the IDF is telling the truth or not is going to have an answer very soon.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

All the conjecture in certain spaces over whether the IDF is telling the truth or not is going to have an answer very soon.

True. One small problem with the that Tweet (or X...what does he even call them now?)...'Palestinian sources.'. That'd be Hamas giving an account on the war they created about people they swore to wipe off the face of the Earth. I can see IDF digging out Hamas' rat tunnels though and rightfully so. I like how we're waiting to hear the true report but new media's flipping right now "they bulldozed Al-Shifa and are tunneling through the remains with thousands of palestinians dead." How long till they publish that if those typical propaganda and conspiracies are not already buzzing?

Dream-Knife

Banned
How long?
Like war crimes, they only happen if you lose.
You're in a thread about the terrorist attacks on Israel against Hamas spreading propaganda against Jews painting out some obtuse centuries old argument of what? What are you really try to say. There's a group of anti-Semites claiming Jews ethnically cleansed Israel. You'd make a horrible history teacher and this is hardly the appropriate thread, place or time for "but they..." jargon.
I was responding to a post.

Much like the post below detailing Germany losing territory to poland, that is literally ethnic cleansing. When you remove people from a land, that is ethnic cleansing.
Look at history, and you will find that whenever a country, kingdom, or political unit loses a war, they lose territory.
Example, France declared war on Prussia (Germany) on 1870. They lost the war and because of that, they lost Alsace and Lorraine. Then in 1914, Germany declared war on France and lost. Because of that they lost Alsace and Lorraine, as well as several territories in the east.

The Palestinians declare war on Israel, of course they will lose territories. But the stupid part is that despite they are constantly losing, the Palestinians are constantly declaring war.
And even when Israel returns some lands to them, it's never enough to settle a peace. Because for a lot of Palestinians, it's only good enough with a Jewish genocide. And this is openly spoken is Palestine.
The only roadblock for peace has always been the Palestinians, who demand the complete destruction of Israel. And go so far as to demand the death of all Jews in the whole world.
Yet you think they are the victim. But they are not, they are constantly starting conflict. So much so, that even other Muslims countries refuse to receive Palestinian refugees.
I don't care which side wins, but peace is probably never going to happen. It looks like israel might realize that now and will wipe the Palestinians out.

I don't think they're a victim. They fucked around and are going to find out. They've got nothing else to do but fight.

The peoples the Jews conquered in Canaan DO NOT EXIST. They stopped existing millennia ago, they became Jews and Arabs. It became the Jews' land the same way any piece of territory becomes anyone's land throughout all of human history.

The sticky wicket here is that the Romans colonized the Jews' land and expelled the Jews and renamed it Palestine, but A) the Jews spread out across the world yet never stopped existing and B) Rome wasn't able to get rid of all of them, there have ALWAYS been Jews living there ever since they founded Judea.

As others have mentioned, when you lose a war, you lose land. After the Ottoman Empire lost WWI, the UK and France had control of virtually the entire Middle East region, and they created a bunch of new Arab countries virtually out of thin air. Arabs were perfectly fine with that. Then the UK decided to give one tiny piece of land back to the people who had once owned it, and the Arabs (read: Middle Eastern Muslims) lost their fucking minds. There shouldn't have been much controversy about it. e.g. Germany attacked Poland in WWII, Germany eventually got their asses kicked, and suddenly a big chunk of German territory now belonged to Poland. The Germans living there had to pack their shit and move, and Poles came and moved in. It's been Polish land ever since, and yet somehow the Germans managed to get on with their lives without spending the last 80 years screaming and crying and committing terrorist acts thinking it's going to get them their land back.

The thing not enough people understand is that, yes, this IS about religion. This is about Islamists refusing to accept that formerly Muslim land fell back to Jewish control. They can't abide that. They'd literally rather die in jihad.

The thing that really chaps my hind is when people accuse Israel of being "colonizers." You can't be a colonizer if you don't have a home country you can return to if your colony is lost/destroyed.
Yes, one side should wipe out the other to eliminate this conflict. Idgaf which one, just as long as we aren't paying for it.

Also, you need to do a little more research on the interwar period in the ME. It's more involved that that.

You even had jewish groups siding with germany because britian wouldn't allow jewish immigration.

They came from europe and declared a country, getting into a war with the locals.

If China invaded the US and said they are taking back North America because the native americans are actually Asians, it would be a moral equivalent.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Like war crimes, they only happen if you lose.

I was responding to a post.

Much like the post below detailing Germany losing territory to poland, that is literally ethnic cleansing. When you remove people from a land, that is ethnic cleansing.

I don't care which side wins, but peace is probably never going to happen. It looks like israel might realize that now and will wipe the Palestinians out.

I don't think they're a victim. They f_____ around and are going to find out. They've got nothing else to do but fight.

Yes, one side should wipe out the other to eliminate this conflict. Idgaf which one, just as long as we aren't paying for it.

Also, you need to do a little more research on the interwar period in the ME. It's more involved that that.

You even had jewish groups siding with germany because britian wouldn't allow jewish immigration.

They came from europe and declared a country, getting into a war with the locals.

If China invaded the US and said they are taking back North America because the native americans are actually Asians, it would be a moral equivalent.
Okay then. Thanks for the brief answer. You could have just said that you were anti-Semitic, your whole territory rant was about equate other countries' histories to Israel's to insinuate your hope for them to lose so they too can be ethnically cleansed and it's Israel's fault for the events of the 7th of October.

That's mostly run-off but did I miss something?

Muffdraul

Obviously it's more complex, I farted out a message board post in less than five minutes. If you have anything relevant that refutes any point I made, by all means, out with it.

> They came from europe and declared a country, getting into a war with the locals.

They were kicked out of their own country, and eventually their ancestors came back and reclaimed it. You should be happy for them that they eventually un-colonized their original homeland.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Obviously it's more complex, I farted out a message board post in less than five minutes. If you have anything relevant that refutes any point I made, by all means, out with it.
He doesn't have anything else to say. Anyone reading the events within or outside the boards is aware of what the anti-Semitic/pro-terrorist narratives read like. Just took him a long time to say it. I mean, there's still time to go back and make edits to the post; but...already quote posted the original. I doubt that'll help much but expect more of these arguments trying to put blood on Israel's hands with erroneous rants about their geographical whereabouts from centuries ago. It's just an exhaustive way of typing: free palestine and gets more pathetic each time it's reiterated.

Dream-Knife

Banned
He doesn't have anything else to say. Anyone reading the events within or outside the boards is aware of what the anti-Semitic/pro-terrorist narratives read like. Just took him a long time to say it. I mean, there's still time to go back and make edits to the post; but...already quote posted the original. I doubt that'll help much but expect more of these arguments trying to put blood on Israel's hands with erroneous rants about their geographical whereabouts from centuries ago. It's just an exhaustive way of typing: free palestine and gets more pathetic each time it's reiterated.
Again, I couldn't care less about either side. But if your arguments fall to "muh antisemitism" don't be surprised when you make more and more enemies.

Hot5pur

It has been really interesting to watch this. They have to dig to figure out if the tunnels are there, so the entrances were caved in?
Even if they find something I'm sure people will find an excuse to deny it. With how the internet is these days, everyone can believe what they want given all the misinformation.
I REALLY hope there are enough third parties there that can verify the information, especially if there are "none western" sources. Also genuinely curious how good the intel was.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Again, I couldn't care less about either side. But if your arguments fall to "muh antisemitism" don't be surprised when you make more and more enemies.
You couldn't care less, so why post in this thread? You clearly do care.

I'm not the one blaming Israel for the events of the 7th of October, read your response post where you quoted 4 other members. If you didn't edit it out, I can easily grab your first rendering of the post. You said it yourself. This isn't an idGAF thing to support Israel and condemn terrorism either. I'm wasting words here though.

tommib

TikTok, melting the brains of an entire generation.

These fucking idiots should just read any 2 paragraphs on Bin Laden’s ideology as a wake-up call: the man despised everything about democracies, homosexuality, women, secularism… He was one of the biggest anti-Semites the world has seen and demanded the destruction of Israel. He fueled the ideology of targeting innocent civilians as an act of war and is responsible for a new wave of sharia law implementation around the Arab world which resulted in oppressing women to dark ages levels and killing gay people.

But this is where we are. The hate for the west has raised to a level that islamofascism seems legitimate to numerous people that are now interns in media, HR departments and government institutions.

And these are the westerners. I’m not even thinking about the muslims who have been in the streets of capitals around the world with ISIS flags and Hamas headbands. From Hamas to Bin Laden and alqaeda was just a natural step.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

They were reading it from a TikTok post shared by the Guardian or TikTok shared the letter? This is disturbing. If people are publicly decreeing the terrorism of 9/11 justifiable, have they read Mein Kampf? Someone's going to test this out because this is unbelievable. None of us thought we'd ever live to see this...it's abominable.

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

Calls for a reposting:
0g7a398.jpg

Dice

It’s not the right siding with Hamas (as compared to the numbers of that left). I don’t understand this post.
Edit: You probably just didn’t see, he’s referring to the meme I posted.

Last edited:

Raven117

Where did you get the idea it has some right/left correlation? Both descriptions are obviously given from the perspective of a total moron. It’s a meme making fun of stupid people thinking they are being thoughtful while also being anti-intellectual.
“The brain on the right?” Maybe I misread.

I know what the smooth brains are and that the right is responsible for reason. Maybe I’m the smooth brain!

Last edited:

Raven117

The right side of the meme image.
Must have missed it. Deleted the original post as I didn’t want to drift into the “left /right” politics.

Getting back on track… I’m amazed that in just almost 10 years the difference the internet is making when comparing ISIS and now Hamas.

Dice

Must have missed it. Deleted the original post as I didn’t want to drift into the “left /right” politics.

Getting back on track… I’m amazed that in just almost 10 years the difference the internet is making when comparing ISIS and now Hamas.
Yeah, I remember posting once about how it had been 20 years since 9/11 and the "never forget" mantra so in actuality there was a new generation of adults who never knew the word before, were too young to have any memory of the event, wouldn't have good contextual understanding of the geopolitical narrative, and that it would probably be a bad thing. However, I never expected the "bad thing" of their ignorance to manifest as falling wholesale for terrorist propaganda to approve of slaughtering thousands of innocent people and support islamofascism including agreement with the genocide of Jews.

Raven117

Yeah, I remember posting once about how it had been 20 years since 9/11 and the "never forget" mantra so in actuality there was a new generation of adults who never knew the word before, were too young to have any memory of the event, wouldn't have good contextual understanding of the geopolitical narrative, and that it would probably be a bad thing. However, I never expected the "bad thing" of their ignorance to manifest as falling wholesale for terrorist propaganda to approve of slaughtering thousands of innocent people and support islamofascism including agreement with the genocide of Jews.
Man, same. I didn’t expect it to go so far the other way. (This whole “oppressor v oppressee” thing is absolutely poison… and young people are just power chugging it).

It’s just so violently arrogant in their stupidity.

FunkMiller

They ALWAYS out themselves eventually.

”I don’t care if the Jews lose or get wiped out, as long as my country doesn’t have to be involved, and my life isn’t inconvenienced in any way.”

See also the war in Ukraine.

Hate breeds from self interest. Millions of Germans looked the other way, because they thought the Nazis made their own lives better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom