• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topher

Gold Member

"China calls for a ceasefire".

Oh good.....that'll do it.

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Need to put this into context also, this is a pre-emptive move to prevent other other nations (namely the likes of Iran) from getting involved, less than it is a direct response to Hamas themselves.
It's also for Hezbollah as they are gonna start an attack from the North.

MadAnon

I’m sure Isreal has military and equipment strong and sophisticated enough the tear down Hamas without annihilating everyone in Gaza…

I mean, what the hell? I don’t know what is true or not but it won’t take you long to learn that a lot of Muslims think that what the terrorists did was right because they think Isreal has done the same to Palestineans.

And now this is getting reversed again. We do them because they did us. It will be a neverending spiral.
Have you been living under the rock since forever? Are you completely oblivious of Arab-Israel history? You will hardly find any kind support of jewish people amongst muslims regardless of circumstances.

Atrus

Gold Member
Not sure if appropriate mate… a lot of innocents among these people and measures like no food will affect anyone there…

Israel will handle it pragmatically but between the population density and the propensity of Hamas fighters to dress like civilians and use them as shields, there will be civilian casualties. Hamas propaganda will likely galvanize the civilians to resist instead of comply.

The best recourse those in Gaza had was in risking their own lives to destroy Hamas before an external power was forced to do so.

Mohonky

It's also for Hezbollah as they are gonna start an attack from the North.

Like I said, pre-emptive. I'm more surprised Hezbollah haven't hit yet. I suspected Hamas to be the one to draw IDF forces South, only for Hezbollah to come in from the North, thankfully hasn't hit as hard as expected.

But military presence from the US is to appease local US stakeholders and to prevent other nations from joining the fray. Hezbollah getting involved would be the least surprising given their frequent incursions similar to Hamas but not really being an actual national force.

Apocryphon

We’re going to see a lot of gruesome videos then. Hopefully special forces can get in there and rescue some of them, because the attack on Gaza is not going to stop.

The assumption that Israel isn’t ready to martyr their own people to protect the sovereignty of the nation and prevent further Israeli deaths is naïveté at it’s best.
Even after all this time, Hamas fails to understand its enemy.

Topher

Gold Member
Israel will handle it pragmatically but between the population density and the propensity of Hamas fighters to dress like civilians and use them as shields, there will be civilian casualties. Hamas propaganda will likely galvanize the civilians to resist instead of comply.

The best recourse those in Gaza had was in risking their own lives to destroy Hamas before an external power was forced to do so.

Yeah....I mean, this is urban warfare. Civilian casualties will happen regardless. Hamas being the cowards that they are and putting their own people in harms way is part of that. That's just an unfortunate reality. I think what J JimmyRustler is saying is simply that Israel should not adopt the tenets of Hamas and call for the eradication of every soul in Gaza. Thankfully, Israel's rage is directed squarely at Hamas. All we can do really is hope and pray for the innocents that are put in harms way. But war is war.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Your argument is that if the people spitting on girl's corpses are bigots that somehow you cannot be a bigot as well? What an intelligent counter.

Being anti religion is not bigotry, dumbass. It's being critical of those who engage in bigotry. No atheist ever feels any animosity towards religious people, but very definitely reserves the right to be deeply critical of the religions themselves. You might as well call someone a bigot for being anti-government.

Also: how about not wading into to defend religion in a thread all about women being raped and babies being slaughtered in its name, eh?

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Israel is telling Hezbollah that US will use it's naval force, and Asad in Syria won't be safe either.

K2D

Banned
Kidnapping, torturing and mutilating corpses of tourists, civilians, women and children.

Way to garner sympathy as apposed lighting a fire keg.

Now you're as much terrorist as those who've wronged the civilians in Gaza..!

p4VdxBN.jpg

Link

Last edited:

Mohonky

I'm genuinely curious as to what the IDF do. They can't stop Hamas. Hamas is just an idea the same as any other terrorist organization. You can call it anything you want, but there will always be a terror element in Gaza prepared to fire rockets into Israel and carry out any other form of attack they can. They can't occupy the entire place, they'll come under near constant skirmishes and hit and run attacks in an area that is just too densely populated to control and maintain.

I'm almost curious as to whether they don't push Gaza into the the Sinai and use the current Gaza strip as a buffer zone.

Kenpachii

They are soon going to have the realisation that Israel is fucking serious this time. No more ceasefires or peace talks. I wonder if they'll surrender?

They should keep bombing and kill everything in sight until they do. No more few bombs. Every death on the palistinia side or whatever they are called, is on hamas.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The guy is clearly one of these isolationist types who believe the wolves will never be at America's door. Was 9/11 really so long ago?

It's fucking weird. No country on this earth is barricaded off from the rest of them. America first and only isn't a real thing.

winjer

Gold Member
As a leftist myself, I'm infuriated by people like that.
Jewish people absolutely have ancestral and historical claims to Israel. These people need to read a book.
If they also looked deeper into the situation, Jewish people were expelled from all of the Muslim countries in MENA (so they aren't white colonialists!)
Jewish people have persecuted all over the world for centuries and need a homeland!

I'm not versed in Jewish history. But as far as I understand, Jews have been living in that area for over 2 thousand years.
But they have been persecuted, expelled or killed by several invasions. For example, the Roman empire. And the Muslims invasions in the VII century. And the Ottoman empire. Maybe you'll know more about this, than I do.
So when the extreme left tries to portray the Jewish people as some sort of invaders, that is not an accurate representation. In fact, it's very misleading.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I've noticed people simping for Hamas are almost always people who have an "oppression olympics" belief system/world view. I don't think it's a coincidence, I think it's very much directly linked.

Once you adopt that belief system, you start to believe that the only way to make up for past injustices is future injustices. Once you do that, you're basically foregoing morality at that point. You noticed this in 2020 when a lot of these same people were applauding innocent people having their businesses and restaurants destroyed and burned because "What do you expect these people to do? They're angry and they want justice."

The question is: once someone adopts this world view, is there any coming back from it? This isn't changing your opinions on nuclear energy. That really doesn't involve morality, at least not nearly to this degree. Once you turn off your own morality to where you're willing to accept violence and terror, are you too far gone? If so, we're in a lot of trouble, because unfortunately a lot of people have adopted this oppression olympics belief system. And genuinely believe that someone's identity alone makes support for them necessary, and they're not to be judged on their actions. I still believe the oppression olympics crowd is a minority, but there's more people who think this way today than there were 10 years ago, that's for damn sure.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Part of me is wondering if Israel might dip into their extensive nuclear arsenal at some point.

*smh* Really?

No because that would be insane and also hurt Israel.

If it was a greater distance and Israel would be unaffected, then that would still be insane.

The question is: once someone adopts this world view, is there any coming back from it?
History tells us that no. I mean, all the conflicts in the world essentially can be traced back to some justification from centuries ago. "Revenge for this", "Revenge for that", "Unfair treatment" and stuff like that.

But they have been persecuted, expelled or killed by several invasions. For example, the Roman empire. And the Muslims invasions in the VII century. And the Ottoman empire. Maybe you'll know more about this, than I do.
The thing is that, the jews is not unique case in that regard. A lot of nations and cultures were completely erased or eradicated and their identities were lost. Who remembers ostrogoths? Alans? Scythians? Sumerians? Hittites?

But what is unique, is that they were able to preserve their identity from thousand of years ago in more or way documented way with a direct lineage. We have information from thousand and thousand years ago.
Like for example Babylonian captivity happened like around 600BC. Before Roman empire even was a thing. Or for example exodus happened around 1300BC (and even before the Bronze Age Collapse so Mycenaean culture and Hittites were a thing) and 700 years before babylonian captivity.

Last edited:
Part of me is wondering if Israel might dip into their extensive nuclear arsenal at some point.

They should keep bombing and kill everything in sight until they do. No more few bombs. Every death on the palistinia side or whatever they are called, is on hamas.
double clown act detected.

I told you guys it wouldn't take long. a few pages back this idiot was promoting forced displacement of people. Now hes advocating for the entire region and its 2.3 million to be vaporized.
They just cant contain themselves when they think they get a free pass.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

We’re going to see a lot of gruesome videos then. Hopefully special forces can get in there and rescue some of them, because the attack on Gaza is not going to stop.

Every innocent Israeli woman or child killed on a video stream will only make Israel more determined to exterminate these cockroaches.

It will also mean thousands of Gaza civilians will die as collateral damage. It's going to be an absolute blood bath.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

double clown act detected.

I told you guys it wouldn't take long. a few pages back this idiot was promoting forced displacement of people. Now hes advocating for the entire region and its 2.3 million to be vaporized.
They just cant contain themselves when they think they get a free pass.

i offered a solution for the conflict, u didn't.

I don't talk about deleting all the people over there, i talk about deleting hamas, if they hide behind the people and those people do absolute jack shit about it, then its hamas to blame for there deaths.

U think this shit is going to stop with hamas? 1000+ people already died on the side of isreal, what's next? a raid that kills 10k of them? u can bet your arse iran is already mass producting 10th fold amounts of rockets for there next attack.

The only clowns here are people that sit on there ass pretending, doing nothing is going to solve this.

If the people in gaza don't want to life together with isrealiers then they are free to fuck off to another place that fits them. Which is iran.

I'm genuinely curious as to what the IDF do. They can't stop Hamas. Hamas is just an idea the same as any other terrorist organization. You can call it anything you want, but there will always be a terror element in Gaza prepared to fire rockets into Israel and carry out any other form of attack they can. They can't occupy the entire place, they'll come under near constant skirmishes and hit and run attacks in an area that is just too densely populated to control and maintain.

I'm almost curious as to whether they don't push Gaza into the the Sinai and use the current Gaza strip as a buffer zone.
thank god they don't read gaf. We've got multiple genocide suggestions and nuclear options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom