• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohonky

Looks like a Sydney police uniform.
Nah, looks like a US uniform, definitely not Sydney.

All Australian police uniforms have a light blue shirt and / or very dark blue navy coats except maybe some territories which are khaki

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Era thread closed pending what's undoubtedly 543 reports made by 16 angry Marxists.

Leave it to the place that allows politics to close their thread quicker than the burning trash fire of free thinkers. I know it's a touch off topic, but seeing people catch perms for not being gung-ho about "an eye for an eye until everyone's blind," is just

Sometimes I'm glad that the majority of the hate in the world comes from people with no tangible grasp on power. Otherwise, the species as a whole would be on the same level as the shit we're seeing in these areas of unrest.

Just_one

save as many civilian as you can , bomb the fuckin place to the ground

this is just another one of the things where if u cut the head of the snake , 2 or more show up and it will never end

Last edited:

belmarduk

Would never work. None of the surrounding countries want the Palestinians either.

Hamas leadership is in Qatar. This country also supports Palestinians through propaganda (Al Jazeera) but would they actually host the Palestinians? I think not!

NeoGiffer

So war in Europe.....war in the Middle East?

China will make a play for Taiwan sooner under this chaotic umbrella no doubt...

Well the nukes kept us from WW3 for 80 odd years. Been a good run folks.

I will keep the GIF's going as long as I can

x

Can't China hold off until GTA VI is released? Any excuse for Rockstar to delay. Any excuse!!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Era thread closed pending what's undoubtedly 543 reports made by 16 angry Marxists.

Leave it to the place that allows politics to close their thread quicker than the burning trash fire of free thinkers. I know it's a touch off topic, but seeing people catch perms for not being gung-ho about "an eye for an eye until everyone's blind," is just

Sometimes I'm glad that the majority of the hate in the world comes from people with no tangible grasp on power. Otherwise, the species as a whole would be on the same level as the shit we're seeing in these areas of unrest.
I haven't been to that place in like forever. I just saw the thread and it's like they are confused on who to ban and just shut it down lol

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Well, rather than buying and producing rockets, Hamas could spend time building bunkers and infrastructure, better food supply, water facilities, electricity and stuff like that.
Not only that, as I said many times, Israel has one of the most amazing beach stretches in the world (and I've been to Hawaii and the Caribbean). The could've built hotels along the coast and have employment for literally everyone.

Havoc2049

By 100%? Even the children that are now going to starve? Come on…
Standard military tactics to destroy your enemies infrastructure and soften up a target before you begin a ground invasion. All those Israeli armored units massing near the Gaza Strip border aren't there just for looks. War sucks, but for Israel to do nothing would be even a worse outcome for them. The attack on Israel from the Gaza Strip by Hamas was pretty barbaric.
Nah, looks like a US uniform, definitely not Sydney.

All Australian police uniforms have a light blue shirt and / or very dark blue navy coats except maybe some territories which are khaki
Looks like NYPD to me. Considering legal immigration patterns that The West has let happen over the last 25 years, it's not supprising.

Last edited:
Guys - I think we can all agree that optics in a war is important. To get public support, you want your country to be seen as the good guys. After decades of this conflict, there is a large western population that is convinced that what's going on is analogous to colonizers gunning down the Native Americans. This comparison will obviously trigger people, but my point is OPTICS matter. Reality is that most Palestinian people are very simple people, amish basically. Most people don't even associate Palestine with Hamas. Yes they elected Hamas in power (I mean maybe 2-3 people that actually voted assuming no manipulation), but like when you actually see media of regular Palestinian, optically it's hard to imagine such simple folk like this wanted Hamas in charge. And then in actual conflict, it just looks like the west gunning down simple people. How do you change these optics?

The Optics problem will be hard to get over. It'll be hard to convince people with the decades of media they've already seen.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Despiable. I’m at a loss of words.
I know, I disgust myself too. But after hearing the stories of people close to me, on my feeds, what they've done. This was a massacre. There's no coming back from this.

I used to be a lefty, I never understood why people in Israel moved closer and closer to the right. You can't reason with these people, they want to destroy us from the river to the sea.

We have a saying in Hebrew, those who comes to kill you, kill them first. מי שבא להורגך, השכם להורגו.
We missed the first part, but we'll accomplish the second part.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Which is absolutely fine with me. Eradicate these fuckers. But some of the measures seem extreme and will certainly affect everyone, even innocents, and that people here are cheering for it is concerning…
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't cheer for innocents being harmed.

This is a just war, however, and now it's a matter of necessary strategy and tactics. Extreme savagery can't be met with softball measures like continuing to supply the enemy with resources.

I hope civilian casualties will be kept to a minimum and Hamas will be destroyed in such as way that allows for a better situation for all parties going forward.

But hopes don't manifest reality, and we can see in their widespread support for Hamas at home as well as the Palestinian protests around the world that a large contingent of them are primarily out for blood. I won't hold my breath that this changes when their terrorist leadership is inevitably dismantled.

MadAnon

Despicable. I’m at a loss of words.
Are you the one who has some kind of delusional peace talks solution in mind? Hamas is a terrorist org running things in Gaza. Their memo is to genocide jews.

You are the type of person who would hold a sign during ww2 "Negotiate with Hitler, think of all the innocent people!"

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Genocide is not the way. There are also civilians including women and children in Gaza that had nothing to do with this. Take out Hamas, yes. But try and minimise civilian lives.
I understand, they can run out, find refuge in Egypt. The higher ups are more gentle than me, lucky for them. But what they've done is the worst act against Jews since the Holocaust.

Gaza cannot stand.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Hamas have always hid behind civilians and used them as shields. It's one of the reasons why Israel has hesitated to fuck them up completely.

This is different. I think they'll go building to building, room to room, and wipe out these terrorists.

belmarduk

As a leftist myself, I'm infuriated by people like that.
Jewish people absolutely have ancestral and historical claims to Israel. These people need to read a book.
If they also looked deeper into the situation, Jewish people were expelled from all of the Muslim countries in MENA (so they aren't white colonialists!)
Jewish people have persecuted all over the world for centuries and need a homeland!

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Article 1 of the Hamas constitution: Kill all the Jews.
Article 2 of the Hamas constitution: Kill all the Jews.

They’re terrorists and absolutely no one should feel sorry for the ass fucking they’re about to experience.
Let me back you up. This was from the Charter of Hamas on the UN's webpage:

5. Religious hatred of Jews (not only of Israel) is expressed by a hadith or ‘saying’ that concludes Article 7:
The Day of Judgment will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews (killing the Jews) when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say: O Muslims (…) there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. “ Only the gharkad tree [evidently a certain kind of tree] would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews.” (this hadith , quoted from al-Bukhari and Muslim, both considered as highly reliable sources for the hadith or ‘sayings’ of the Prophet Muhammad).

6. Article 8, the slogan of the Islamic Resistance Movement – Hamas (widely quoted by clerics and others) is a blueprint for jihadist terrorism: “ Allah is its target, the Prophet is its model, the Koran its Constitution; Jihad is its path, and death for the sake of Allah is the loftiest of its wishes .”

source

The media is omitting more than just the word(s) terrorist/terrorism but, refuses to acknowledge that this is a war waged on psychotic religious ideologies of terror.

Are you the one who has some kind of delusional peace talks solution in mind? Hamas is a terrorist org running things in Gaza. Their memo is to genocide jews.

You are the type of person who would hold a sign during ww2 "Negotiate with Hitler, think of all the innocent people!"
I’m sure Isreal has military and equipment strong and sophisticated enough the tear down Hamas without annihilating everyone in Gaza…

I mean, what the hell? I don’t know what is true or not but it won’t take you long to learn that a lot of Muslims think that what the terrorists did was right because they think Isreal has done the same to Palestineans.

And now this is getting reversed again. We do them because they did us. It will be a neverending spiral.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Guys - I think we can all agree that optics in a war is important. To get public support, you want your country to be seen as the good guys. After decades of this conflict, there is a large western population that is convinced that what's going on is analogous to colonizers gunning down the Native Americans. This comparison will obviously trigger people, but my point is OPTICS matter. Reality is that most Palestinian people are very simple people, amish basically. Most people don't even associate Palestine with Hamas. Yes they elected Hamas in power (I mean maybe 2-3 people that actually voted assuming no manipulation), but like when you actually see media of regular Palestinian, optically it's hard to imagine such simple folk like this wanted Hamas in charge. And then in actual conflict, it just looks like the west gunning down simple people. How do you change these optics?

The Optics problem will be hard to get over. It'll be hard to convince people with the decades of media they've already seen.
I, too, remember the Great Amish Massacre of 2013, when roving bands of bearded rapists ambushed New York with their pitchforks and tractors. We all lost friends that day.

ThisIsMyDog

I'm watching the telegram channel's of the Palestinians and they write there that Hamas has threatened that from now on they will kill one hostage for every bomb dropped on the Gaza Strip, record it and show the video online.

Last edited:

Mohonky

As far as theology and politics are concerned, Israel and Hamas can go fuck one another as much as they want.

But the level of violence, the loss of life and the sheer failure to act with any dignity or consideration for their fellow people is beyond words right now.

There are Israelis that have opposed the settlements and force used by the IDF, Palestinians that would love nothing more than to see Hamas stop antagonizing Israel and them hiding behind the ordinary civilians as cover.

What is equally enraging is the response by these communities abroad. The amount of people supporting the actions of Hamas internationally is worrying but also maybe not all that surprising. The writing was on the wall for how some people really felt with the ease at which ISIS was able to recruit internationally. These are the sort of things we need to be aware of. Equally, the UN and others should have been more heavy handed in their condemnation of Israel and it's apartheid practices.

Seeing either side applaud any action occurring right now is nothing short of gross.

Last edited:

graywolf323

this is such a terrible tragedy and I’m even more angered by the useful idiots in the West

Human Rights Watch has called for the UN to declare Israel guilty of war crimes because Israel wants to close Gaza 🤨

WaPo and other media outlets refuse to call what happened terrorism and instead keep talking about the dead from the ‘fighting’ between Israel and Hamas after Hamas‘ “attack” 🤦🏼‍♂️

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I mean, what the hell? I don’t know what is true or not but it won’t take you long to learn that a lot of Muslims think that what the terrorists did was right because they think Isreal has done the same to Palestineans.
Yes, I remember when Israeli soldiers paraglided into a rave and shot everyone, raped the women, and mutilated their bodies.
Or when they burned Holocaust survivors alive.
Or when they went house to house and rounded up families and shot them.

Israel's IDF is no angel, but let's not even compare. Maybe you'll find better solace in purple land.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Taking a "delenda est Gaza" approach is probably what Israel are planning.

I just hope as many innocent people as possible can get out and are spared. Hamas, however, can rot.
That's the only way, I dunno what bibi will do because he's weak and not at his prime, but we need to take back Gaza.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

We’re going to see a lot of gruesome videos then. Hopefully special forces can get in there and rescue some of them, because the attack on Gaza is not going to stop.

I think Israel has already calculated that. And I do hope they share it online.

Kenpachii

Or maybe they can release the hostages and intead of 30 days bombing straight they will reduce it towards 20 days.

Just play there same playbook.

I think hamas made a fatal mis calculation and starting to realize it. This gives isreal a complete free card to level gaza.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

We’re going to see a lot of gruesome videos then. Hopefully special forces can get in there and rescue some of them, because the attack on Gaza is not going to stop.

They are soon going to have the realisation that Israel is fucking serious this time. No more ceasefires or peace talks. I wonder if they'll surrender?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom