• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the mind of a psychopath. Civilians should never be the main target. That is a war crime, plain and simple.

Let just remind you that other countries have won wars, in disadvantageous positions, by using guerilla tactics. Attacking military targets, not civilians.
Vietnam won against the USA and Afghanistan won against Russia. By picking their battles and attacking the military.
You are like the Japanese. They never apologized for raping 100,000s of children during WW2 because it war and all that.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Bro I'm not trying to make any moral equivalence. Not am I'm comparing any terrorist barbarism committed by Hamas to the IDF. I'm simply calling out bullshit I'm seeing this thread.
And in regard to you, you can't sit there and say the IDF doesn't ever target civilians, when it clearly does. This isn't an attempt to compare the IDF to Hamas.
You also don't get to say statements like that; while simultaneously calling for ethnic cleansing.

Regarding the ship.. you expect me to take the IDF investigated it and said it was a tragic accident. When many other independent sources have called it bullshit. It was a clear day in the afternoon. There's no excuse and isn't just a one time thing either.

I never said snipers were shooting children. I said snipers shooting civilians who cross invisible red lines. Or the sniper that bragged about shooting 42 knees in one day..so brave shooting those unarmed protesters. Again this isn't some tit for tat idf to Hamas comparison. Simply stop going around saying the IDF don't target civilians. When they do.
And still no links? show me the receipts. I wanna see where Israel specifically just targeted civilians for no reason, and snipers shooting people going across invisible red lines.
According to Israel military intelligence the Egyptians wouldn't have been ready for a war for a year. So yeah launching a premptive strike just to land grab is exactly what it is. A land grab. In a post ww2 world what kind of counties use military conquest to take land that doesn't belong to them..
If your argument is based on alternative timelines and what ifs then, it's not based in reality.

Oh, so they should've waited a year and then strike. Yeah, I hope you're not a head of state.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Yeah, show me the receipts. Show all of us. I don't know of Israeli sniper just shooting kids for no reason.
If IDF blows up your home, there's a reason for it, and they tell you to get tf out first.

The Israel military doesn't issue warnings before a bombing anymore.

When a bomb hits, people are unprepared and there are god knows how many civilian victims amidst the destruction. I've linked the tweet below for the video. Warning: it's graphic. There are at least 20+ dead bodies in this three minute video.

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The problem is that people who shouldn't be propagating false history are. It's not just your Alex Jones types. It's why we have a black Cleopatra even though she was Greek and 50% of London being Chinese in the middle ages. It has becomes commonplace to just make up crap and it's not confined to lunatics and you need to accept the truth before you can even start to develop some kind of orocess going forward. If you starting position is that the Jews are Lizards or Hitler was actually a Zionist and did what he did to create Israel, which is a actually a popular theory that even a previous mayor of London believes then you have a problem.
I am reminded of something...
S32s9Z8.png

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
The Israel military doesn't issue warnings before a bombing anymore.

When a bomb hits, people are unprepared and there are god knows how many civilian victims amidst the destruction. I've linked the tweet below for the video. Warning: it's graphic. There are at least 20+ dead bodies in this three minute video.

Israel still does that, I have no idea who the idiot they quoted there. And if it is true, only started after this massacre.

Not only that but this, Israel literally giving people instruction of where to go:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

When People Tell You Who They Are, Believe Them​

This is what ‘decolonization’ really looks like. Look carefully at who is cheering it on.

By Bari Weiss
October 10, 2023

At the end of the Second World War, it took the Allies months, if not years, to uncover the full scale of Germany’s war crimes. That’s because the Nazis tried to hide them.

In October 2023, Hamas broadcast what they did—what they are doing—in real time.

They took horrific videos to document and share it all. Videos of naked women; of a captured six-year-old-boy; of beheaded soldiers.

This young woman—her name is Mor—learned that her grandmother had been slaughtered because a terrorist took her grandmother’s cell phone, filmed her murder, and then uploaded the video to the grandmother’s own Facebook page, ensuring her family would see it.

Now they are threatening to execute the hostages they have captured on live television.

It’s as if the Cossacks had TikTok.

On the one hand I think: surely this will be sufficient. Surely this amount of blood will be enough to shake the world awake. Surely no one can equivocate or justify this. As my friend Sarah Haider wrote, “How easy is it to simply condemn targeted violence against civilians? Can there be a lower bar?”

And yet, across the world, people have sunk below it.

Here you can watch people gathered at the Sydney Opera House cheering “gas the Jews” and “death to the Jews.” People are rejoicing in the slaughter on the streets of Berlin and London and Toronto and New York.

At our most prestigious universities there is silence from administrations that leapt to speak out on George Floyd’s killing and on the war in Ukraine. (Indeed, Meantime, the social justice crowd offers explanations for the massacre—a massacre that, in part, targeted a group of progressive Israelis at a music festival. Terrorists came to that festival on paragliders carrying machine guns to start their slaughter. They raped women there next to the dead bodies of their friends.

In that way, as Free Press editor and writer Peter Savodnik explains in our second piece in today’s digest, the last few days have been extremely clarifying.

Because now we know.

Now we know who would have looked at Jews shoved onto cattle cars and said, “Well, they did undermine the German economy.” Those are the people today saying: “This is a justified response to the provocation of Israel existing.” Now we know whose politics are rooted not in conservatism or liberalism or anything else other than simply hating Jews. Now we can see exactly how people manage to always come up with a reason for why the Jews deserved it.

The people cheering and waving flags are not celebrating Palestinian liberation. The Hamas attack that began on October 7 won’t lead to a free Palestine. Instead, it will lead—it is already leading—to a horrific escalation, with many more dead on both sides. The people cheering are celebrating death. I’m struck that American intellectuals are reprinting the picture of the paraglider as an image of liberation, like a hip new logo, that visual of death.

Hamas broadcast the slaughter. I thought it would be enough.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Israel still does that, I have no idea who the idiot they quoted there. And if it is true, only started after this massacre.

Not only that but this, Israel literally giving people instruction of where to go:

How are people in Gaza supposed to get these messages when electricity has been shut off and internet connectivity has deteriorated fast?

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
How are people in Gaza supposed to get these messages when electricity has been shut off and internet connectivity has deteriorated fast?

It was sent to them earlier + they are also dropping these in paper from the air (no jk)

Great, they should welcome the refugees.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Last edited:

Bigbelly

Banned
Starting in the 2010s, Bibi decided to prop up Hamas because Fatah was no longer a convenient bogeyman. Fatah had resolved to stop Arafat-era-style violent actions, and became a bunch of grifting corrupt rentseekers, a.k.a. your typical "democratic" Eastern world regime. Worse, Fatah had managed to gain partial recognition from various international organizations.
This was a problem for Bibi, since he needed a genuinely violent adversary for his political rhetoric to work. So he sidelined Fatah on every occasion, and made deals directly with Hamas, knowing full well those throatcutters would never stop attacking Israelis. He had hoped the intel services and army would be on alert for any real threat coming from Hamas. Unfortunately, he also decided to go full-retard with his powergrab "reforms", and had the army and intel services purged of any officers who resisted his idiotic actions.

As the great Apollo Osiris said in Tropic Thunder, never go full-retard.

It’s insane how this is overlooked by so many people in the west. Guess they just swallow what ever MSM tells them.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Wildebeest

Labour party conference in UK, Yvette Cooper, the shadow home secretary, says in her speech there is no place in the UK for support of proscribed terrorist organisations like Hamas and no place for antisemitism. This is really going to annoy the "not my Labour party any more" tankies.

Another fine upstanding humanitarian comes out in favour of the Palestinians ............. oh wait isn't this the guy that ordered the murder of a Journalist in the most sadistic way possible and had said journalist diced up. I think if I was Palestinian I would be imploring people to "shut the fuck up standing with palestine" cos the only people doing that seem to be the worst humanity has to offer.

Labour party conference in UK, Yvette Cooper, the shadow home secretary, says in her speech there is no place in the UK for support of proscribed terrorist organisations like Hamas and no place for antisemitism. This is really going to annoy the "not my Labour party any more" tankies.
I wonder what the attendees will do with all their flags?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don't see how the Hamas are actually helping the Palestines:

1. Hamas are attacking a military power here, Gaza will be decimated if this keeps up because Israel is going to retaliate a lot.
2. Hamas videoing massacres and possibly rape, this in turn will make ordinary folks go from "this is disgusting!" to "are all Palestinians like this?" to "I hate Palestinians".

Last edited:
I agree with being against terrorism but I don't understand why there is no comment about the retaliation.

Why are leaders supporting killing innocent people?
What is Israel supposed to do ? I don't like some of the shit I am seeing where innocents are being killed but this is on Hamas. They use civillians to sheild themselves, they put vital terrorist infrastruce righ in amongst civillian areas. This is all on Hamas, it is Hamas that carried out that brutal massacre, it is Hamas that is using civillians as sheilds. So all this innocent blood is on Hamas hands.

I agree with being against terrorism but I don't understand why there is no comment about the retaliation.

People aren't. There is a difference, because Israel by the sheer odds of the density of Gaza will inadvertently kill civilians. They aren't thinking there are some rockets over there being fired from a building but the kids playing over there look like a better target.

winjer

Gold Member

Unlike Hamas, Israel is not targeting civilians.
Israel warns the Palestinian population to evacuate before striking Hamas targets.
And let's not forget that it's Hamas that is using civilians as a meat shield.
Hamas not only is hurting the Israelian population, but it's also the Palestinian population.

FunkMiller

One of the reasons I feel comfortable voting Labour again, for the first time in a very long time.

FunkMiller

I don't see how the Hamas are actually helping the Palestines:

1. Hamas are attacking a military power here, Gaza will be decimated if this keeps up because Israel is going to retaliate a lot.
2. Hamas videoing massacres and possibly rape, this in turn will make ordinary folks go from "this is disgusting!" to "are all Palestinians like this?" to "I hate Palestinians".

They're not. They've made a colossal miscalculation with these attacks.

All they've really accomplished is giving Israel an excuse to go into Gaza mob handed and wipe out Hamas - even if this means also killing an awful lot of the civilians that Hamas uses as human shields. This is the biggest provocation since the Yom Kippur War, and gives Israel carte blanche to a certain extent to enact revenge, and destabilise their enemy harder than ever before.

These are head chopping religious fanatics we're talking about. I doubt tactical genius is exactly one of their strengths, so none of this is a big surprise.

They *should* have only attacked military emplacements, if they wished to accomplish anything.

Mind you, they've been whipped up by Iran and Russia to do exactly these kinds of atrocities.Those two countries are the only real beneficiaries of all of this.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The Jewish people are only allowed to lay down and be massacred into extinction, not defend themselves, according to worldviews that remain popular everywhere you look. Well, the Jewish people reject that premise and have the power to make their own decisions, knowing full well, better than any other group on this planet, how the other approach plays out.

Gaza, as controlled by Hamas, is a terrorist state with a genocidal charter that perpetrated crimes no different than ISIS. If the ISIS Caliphate invaded the United States, we would annihilate their infrastructure and exact a heavy toll. Civilians would not be targeted, but civilians would nevertheless be killed as a consequence of destroying the ISIS state, as there is no viable alternative when the terrorists are so firmly entrenched. The same applies here.

This is war, now.

darrylgorn

What is Israel supposed to do ?

Properly secure its borders, I would assume.

From what I understand, they are mounting a siege of the entire Gaza area though and have cut off all food and electricity. This is to say nothing of the disregard for their own civilians being held as hostages.

I'm no expert on genocide but that sounds a lot like genocide.

Last edited:

Z O N E

All these Palestinian supporters on the street don't understand that Hamas did this to the Palestinians all by themselves. I think what's more insane is some people thinking Hamas ARE Palestine and are showing support for them not thinking that Hamas are Palestinians are SEPARATE.

It's like Iraq/Afghanistan and ISIS. You don't say every Iraqi is ISIS because of all the atrocities that ISIS do. We separate them because of common sense. Same in this situation.

Hamas did this all to the Palestinians and this will only end if the Palestinians stand up and say they've had enough and remove Hamas from the stranglehold they have on Palestine.

winjer

Gold Member
They're not. They've made a colossal miscalculation with these attacks.

All they've really accomplished is giving Israel an excuse to go into Gaza mob handed and wipe out Hamas - even if this means also killing an awful lot of the civilians that Hamas uses as human shields.

Mind you, these are head chopping religious fanatics we're talking about. I doubt tactical genius is exactly one of their strengths.

I'm not sure that Hamas miscalculated.
I actually think that Hamas wants an escalation of the conflict. They want more dead bodies, Israeli and Palestinian.
Hamas considers Palestinian dead civilians as a commodity in the blame game. They want to play the victim.
They knew this attack would have a retaliation. And they know that if they don't let the Palestinians evacuate before Israeli bombings, they get more dead bodies to pretend that they are the victim.
Yesterday, Hamas declared they wanted to negotiate a truce. This is because they know there is no way Israel can stop now. So once again, they pretend to play the victim game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom