• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkMiller

Wtf does that mean

It means exactly what I'm saying. The atrocities committed by Hamas will push Israel into the kind of destructive response I doubt we've seen before in that part of the world. They will seek to eradicate Hamas completely. Collateral damage is not going to be something that stops them. If you want to use an incredibly trite, but sadly appropriate term, it will be biblical. This is a horrific watershed moment we'll be discussing as a global society for decades.

Last edited:

Esca

Makes me so sick seeing people supporting terrorists like this. As an American the way I see it, if you support terrorist than you should go live somewhere else because your ideas and views dont represent the US and it's population or even basic human decency. The one thing is for sure. All these idiots are being put on some kind of watch list for the government.

Ogbert

Gold Member
Its the complete and utter lack of perspective of what these atrocities really are... That's what gets me with some of these folks.
Again, in no way shape or form am I wishing to derail the thread, but it’s why the trans issue is such a lightning rod for our times. We’ve gone through the looking glass into upside down world. We stare material reality in the face and deny it.

If you can believe that a man is a woman, you can believe that words are violence, but the brutal rape, murder and desecration of women and children is……justice.

I sincerely believe the world will change after today. I don’t think people will accept this relativism anymore. It’s destroying us.

Tomeru

It means exactly what I'm saying. The atrocities committed by Hamas will push Israel into the kind of destructive response I doubt we've seen before in that part of the world. They will seek to eradicate Hamas completely. Collateral damage is not going to be something that stops them. If you want to use an incredibly trite, but sadly appropriate term, it will be biblical. This is a horrific watershed moment we'll be discussing as a global society for decades.

I thought you meant something along the lines of shoot anything on sight. We will not lower ourselves to their level. Never.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Its the complete and utter lack of perspective of what these atrocities really are... That's what gets me with some of these folks.

There's a very logical sort of gossamer veil between these sounds and images and what most western civilizations consider "reality,"

It's a very hard thing to parse, compounded by the quality and quantity of media getting thrown our way from eighty different sources. I think lacking a perspective on violence, rape, and murder is an acceptable side effect of being in a developed nation. What I won't agree with are the folks who are educated well enough to get an idea of the known-unknowns of the situation and STILL choose to get involved. Dumb ass tone deaf protests at highly developed spots where the majority of the injustices done on the population are forgetting the zesty sauce on your order of chicken nuggies.

Last edited:
I can imagine Hamas leadership at some point getting into an argument on how far to take the violence.

"We will lose support"
"Impossible, everyone who already supports us will keep doing that no matter what we do"
"Even if we kill a thousand civilians?"
"Our supporters will blame the victims"
"Or if we, say, behead some babies?"
"Our friends will see our brutality as proof of how much we suffer"
"Wanna bet?"
"OK, winner get one dollar"

Meicyn

Gold Member
"What about it?!" in a condescending tone.

This stuff is perfect. Folks are choosing not to swing at easy softball pitches, and it speaks to their character.

I am looking forward to the inevitable removal of all these morally bankrupt FUCKS from academic institutions, Congressional seats, and various other forms of employment. Elect them out. Fire them. Make them feel unwelcome, because they are unwelcome.

This shit isn’t hard. Innocents are going to die in Gaza, especially given that over a third of the population there is under the age of 15. It is 100% valid to have empathy for Palestinians who just want to live their lives.

But Hamas is a terrorist organization. Period. Israel is in an impossible situation, surrounded by enemies and fighting against forces that use women and children as shields and are willing to commit atrocities because they do not believe Jews should exist. Collateral damage is inevitable, because Hamas will make sure that collateral damage is maximized.

Hamas must be destroyed.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

One person from Vancouver dead among the chaos. When its all sorted out who died and from which country it'll look much worse on Hamas and any kind of mid east terrorist. The initial thinking from most people is that it's 100% Jewish people from Israel. That wont be true when it's all tallied. And they wonder why they are universally hated.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Who knows what the final strategy is, but you never know. It might be a scorched Earth tactic like axis and allies killing each other by the millions with fire bombing cities, nukes etc.... where enough damage is done one side waves the white flag. In other words, no more dicking around. One side will dictate to stop it now by pure force.

By the looks of it, all these decades worth of skirmishes back and forth in that region hasnt done a thing. It keeps going. Its got to a point one side took it a step further with killing 1000 civilians on the weekend with rockets and ambushes, and now it's the other side's turn which has been according to footage air strikes leveling buildings. And then the first side has shot back rockets today.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sorry if this has already been posted, but holy shit! In Australia as well.

DpFSAFf.jpg

rkofan87

Gold Member
This is the first time I'm not seeing people going all "pro palestina", I'm on a completely new Twitter account so it may not be biased in favor or against of any political opinion and I'm seeing many tweets going both sides and people not giving a shit about "staying neutral"
its not new sadly they did it the last time as well a few years back

Mohonky

the level of brain rot and mental gymnastic on display is seriously WTF

imagine if 9/11 were to happen today instead of 2001, these same idiots would be crying "will someone please think of the oppressed taliban??"
We already had that one when the US froze Afghanistans national fund after the Taliban took over

The Israel military doesn't issue warnings before a bombing anymore.

When a bomb hits, people are unprepared and there are god knows how many civilian victims amidst the destruction. I've linked the tweet below for the video. Warning: it's graphic. There are at least 20+ dead bodies in this three minute video.

Yeah roof knocking was a lie when even journalists get hit. Or did they wanted to die for news coverage there and then.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
the level of brain rot and mental gymnastic on display is seriously WTF

imagine if 9/11 were to happen today instead of 2001, these same idiots would be crying "will someone please think of the oppressed taliban??"

Absolutely.

The only thing social media has done is constructed a ladder, wall and window for idiots who use to jump as high as they could then complain that they weren't tall enough to see what the grown ups were talking about.

Now you have absolute idiots reacting to absolute idiots and coordinating idiot meet ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom