• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Absolutely.

The only thing social media has done is constructed a ladder, wall and window for idiots who use to jump as high as they could then complain that they weren't tall enough to see what the grown ups were talking about.

Now you have absolute idiots reacting to absolute idiots and coordinating idiot meet ups.
Yup. Every once in a while when social media stupidity is brought up on GAF, there's always people (me too) who bring that up.

Social media gave every lowlife a free way to band together with other jackasses. Before the net, there's only so much losers can group together by mail, meeting up in groups or coordinating stuff by phone. Now with a few clicks, those 6 morons who kept to themselves can now be 600 or 600,000.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

Again, in no way shape or form am I wishing to derail the thread, but it’s why the trans issue is such a lightning rod for our times. We’ve gone through the looking glass into upside down world. We stare material reality in the face and deny it.

If you can believe that a man is a woman, you can believe that words are violence, but the brutal rape, murder and desecration of women and children is……justice.

I sincerely believe the world will change after today. I don’t think people will accept this relativism anymore. It’s destroying us.
The upside down seems more in the responses to imagined threats being given false equivalences to real threats and co-opt it for to prioritize political agenda. It has the effect of slowing public/legislative responses to real threats in untangling the overblown priorities like those who insert their trans issues. Hamas terrorists put in perspective of what a real threat is compared to something like trans issues disrupting medal standings at sporting events while things are sorted out.

Mohonky

The time and place, if you go out in the street right after a Hamas terrorist attack on Israel and shout "free palestine" to celebrate this crime against humanity... right then.
Not to mention the people parading that statement can't lead or at any point even condemn Hamas.

BLM Chicago

omfg
Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

cormack12

Gold Member
The time and place, if you go out in the street right after a Hamas terrorist attack on Israel and shout "free palestine" to celebrate this crime against humanity... right then.
Pretty much this. Where were these crowds a few months ago? The situation was the same. Minus the terrorism. So therefore coming out right after one of the worst modern display of terrorism and chanting support will clearly be seen as support of the means to the end.

Unless they clearly differentiate the message. Its not hard to show solidarity with those murdered and also support a Free Palestine. Why don't they?

World is fucked, people only come out for criminals and terrorists. At least the blue hairs are being publicly ridiculed and yet still too proud to walk it back. This isn't twitter takes y'all. This is real. It's about time they got real.

jason10mm

Gold Member

Again with taking up 40% of the screen for sign language guy. Does closed captioning not exist? Even if they don't "trust" an AI generator he's just reading off a teleprompter and they would shut him up if he went off script, so just run with that. If anything they should be running spanish commentary as there are FAR more spanish only speakers in the US than ASL users.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Might as well have just put decapitated babies on there since it's the same message of support. I'm really at my limit with people defending/justifying/supporting/celebrating these terrorists.

Sometimes it really, really, fucking REALLY feels like this isn't just "this sounds insane because I have opposite ideals," and it's instead full into "whatever the traditional opinion is, mine is the opposite because I'm just trolling on an entrepreneurial level,"

K2D

Banned
How "fun" it will be when Kremlin uses the invasion of Gaza by Israel under the sanction of the USA to justify their military operation and annexation in Ukraine. China, Iran, Brazil and African militia governments sends Ruzzia their love as well.

NickFire

Harvard President Gay just issued a follow up statement after pressure, to denounce the terrorist attacks by Hamas. But it wasn’t emailed to the Harvard community, unlike the main “both sides pls get along gotta stay neutral” message. Abysmal leadership.

Tough for me to believe that the student body, which the institution curated out of untold thousands of candidates, does not speak for the institution.

Wildebeest

They had to cut Owen Jones off-air on Sky News because he wouldn't stop banging out the same old talking points when he was sitting right next to an elderly woman who didn't know if her Israeli friends were dead or not.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Unless they clearly differentiate the message. Its not hard to show solidarity with those murdered and also support a Free Palestine. Why don't they?
Let me say this again, free palestine means the annihilation of Israel. They say it: From the river to the sea.

You either support Israel or you support free palestine. What you can say, is you support a two state solution.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Tough for me to believe that the student body, which the institution curated out of untold thousands of candidates, does not speak for the institution.
It's not the entire student body by any means. There are several hundred student groups on campus. But 31 groups endorsing and celebrating terrorism is 31 groups too many.

There are myriad ways someone can be actioned for making someone else "feel unsafe" on campus, including imaginary bullshit, but there are few things that can make you feel less safe than terrorist-endorsing psychopaths parading around telling you you don't have a right to exist. Yet nothing will come of that.

tkscz

Muslims hate Israel because it's a Jewish state in the Middle East and only Muslim states should be there.
Leftists hate Israel because they consider it a colony that should not exist.

Of course the leftists are second against the wall after the Jews after the mullahs take power, this has been shown again and again.
That right there, that's the shit that drives me up a fucking wall.

Because they consider, who are they to consider anything? Bunch of fucking psychopaths vicariously killing others.

jason10mm

Gold Member
How "fun" it will be when Kremlin uses the invasion of Gaza by Israel under the sanction of the USA to justify their military operation and annexation in Ukraine. China, Iran, Brazil and African militia governments sends Ruzzia their love as well.
There are some parallels in the situation. Same with China and Taiwan.

But ultimately the endless need to "justify" a violent action is just PR spin. No one really cares who lived where first or who claims what, it's just "can you take it/defend it"? Hamas is a violent homicidal neighbor, full stop. Israel can and hopefully will kick them off the street. Russia is also a violent, homicidal neighbor, europe needs to do the same. When a group tries to expand it only ends in a few ways. They beat you and kick you out. You beat them, drive them farther back, and punish them for a generation. Or you resist enough that they go look for a softer target somewhere else. "Pay them to go away" I guess sorta works as well...for a while.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
i have a feeling these grifters have finally overplayed their hands and there is going to be some extreme pushback to the NPC "if against west = support" programming that has been on display for the past 10 years

There's definitely a lot of people deemed right that have utterly just HAD IT with pulling punches and are rightly calling supporters of terrorism Nazis, monsters, evil, etc

I think the culture war was just brimming the past few years, but speaking of waking sleeping giants, I think a lot mote of the personalities on air will start to wear off their rust and get fully invested into exposing the bullshit for what it is.

Ogbert

Gold Member
i have a feeling these grifters have finally overplayed their hands and there is going to be some extreme pushback to the NPC "if against west = support" programming that has been on display for the past 10 years
Absolutely.

It’s done. They are morally beyond the pale.

As is often pointed out, we are very good at knowing when the right goes ‘too far’. They are immediately shunned and made pariahs. But we never really know what to do with the hard left. When are they cast out?

Well. Now we know.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Absolutely.

It’s done. They are morally beyond the pale.

As is often pointed out, we are very good at knowing when the right goes ‘too far’. They are immediately shunned and made pariahs. But we never really know what to do with the hard left. When are they cast out?

Well. Now we know.

It's a real minor example, but seeing somebody get fired a day removed from making vile posts online gives me a bit of hope here.

Getting 86'ed by an Israeli woman has got to really chap their asses.

Did she have a golf club?

Jokes aside, this is great news. Woke up to other distressing news that some whole families were killed and beheaded in Kibbutz. I fear for the people they (Hamas) are keeping hostage. I don't want to be negative but those people are not going to be freed 😥

BTW Good morning/afternoon/evening fellow Gaffers

Last edited:

tkscz

For those who asked for a brief history lesson. Keep in mind, Palestinians have no bargaining chip, they have nothing to offer but peace and quiet.

DCBDft5.png

This raises more confusion. Israel was always the defender and not the attacker. They won Gaza after Gaza struck first, but somehow these lunatics twisted historical events to say the Jewish community colonized it.

And then anytime they make a peace offering, Palestine refuses it, so why are so many nut jobs on their side? They aren't this oppressed people fighting for their land back, they are terrorist extremist who want the Jewish people exterminated. Hitler does it and he's seen as an evil man but Palestinians do it and it's seen as an act of freedom? Give me a fucking break.

Nikodemos

So I ask you again. Where is the source that Nethanyau is sponsoring Hamas.
"Sponsoring" is not the right term. He engaged Hamas as a legitimate political entity, instead of the collection of rabid jackals they are, in order to split Pali loyalties.

Haaretz article by Gidi Weitz. Paywalled, but there are methods of obtaining freeview snapshots.

Hamas as partner

Effectively, Netanyahu’s entire worldview collapsed over the course of a single day. He was convinced that he could make deals with corrupt Arab tyrants while ignoring the cornerstone of the Arab-Jewish conflict, the Palestinians. His life’s work was to turn the ship of state from the course steered by his predecessors, from Yitzhak Rabin to Ehud Olmert, and make the two-state solution impossible. En route to this goal, he found a partner in Hamas.

“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas,” he told a meeting of his Likud party’s Knesset members in March 2019. “This is part of our strategy – to isolate the Palestinians in Gaza from the Palestinians in the West Bank.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom