• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the looks of it, Israel should had kept all of it. Never give sketchy people an inch because they'll take a mile. And after the first mile, they'll go for a second mile.
I have been saying for years - Israel shouldn't have returned those territories. And in fact those lands and people living there would be living better. Just compare Israel with each of its neighbours.

What the hell?
It proves again and again that quote about peace coming when arabs will love their children more than they hate jews.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I have been saying for years - Israel shouldn't have returned those territories. And in fact those lands and people living there would be living better. Just compare Israel with each of its neighbours.
The problem is Israel is trying to think like a chill western government where if you wheel and deal with a neighbour hoping for good faith negotiations, it'll work out for everyone, business and economy, safety etc....

That area is such a hotbed of lunatics and terror supporting governments, never ever trust any leader there for anything.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
This raises more confusion. Israel was always the defender and not the attacker. They won Gaza after Gaza struck first, but somehow these lunatics twisted historical events to say the Jewish community colonized it.

And then anytime they make a peace offering, Palestine refuses it, so why are so many nut jobs on their side? They aren't this oppressed people fighting for their land back, they are terrorist extremist who want the Jewish people exterminated. Hitler does it and he's seen as an evil man but Palestinians do it and it's seen as an act of freedom? Give me a fucking break.
Israel used to have big support across the board, at a time when suicide bombings were happening, everyone understood what terror was because the picture of burned bodies and blood in busses, outside of clubs, etc. Then Israel build walls to stop those bombings, so young people don't know what terror is.

Because of identity politics, the underdog is now always righteous. As you can see, shit for brains took hold in universities early on, and talk about anti-colonizer and anti-whiteness began. When you view things without context, history, and knowledge, you are left with going with the flow of what everyone is saying to look smart.

I tried to explain it in my perspective, I'm sure better people can bring better explanations.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
They had to cut Owen Jones off-air on Sky News because he wouldn't stop banging out the same old talking points when he was sitting right next to an elderly woman who didn't know if her Israeli friends were dead or not.

Fuck Owen Jones. That prick is a basic bitch. A rat faced beta male. The son and heir of a mongrel bitch who'd I happily slap into oblivion.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

U.S. media should be focusing on the lives of the citizens of America’s allies, Levin noted in a Fox News interview, commenting on Hamas’ attack on Israel:

“When we fought big wars and we won, our media wasn’t counting how many civilians the enemy are going to lose. They were counting how many civilians we were going to lose, the provocation of the enemy and so forth.”

"Hamas knows that their civilians are going to die. Hamas knows that, when you slaughter Jews as if you're Adolf Hitler reincarnated, that there needs to be response,” Levin said:

“Yes, there’s going to be a lot of civilians killed in Gaza. Because, as we learned in Iraq and elsewhere, you cannot go door-to-door, door-to-door forever without taking massive casualties. The Iranians did it to our own soldiers in Iraq.”

Israelis can’t afford to worry about being criticized by America’s left-wing media, because they’re in a fight for the survival of their nation, Levin said:

“I don't believe the Israelis are going to put up with this anymore - regardless of what MSNBC and CNN and the Holocaust-denying New York Times have to say about it.”
….
“These people are fighting for their survival. It’s 9/11 – but, for them it’s World War II.”

Levin went on to remind viewers of how Amin al-Husseini, the Palestinian grand mufti of Jerusalem in the 1930s and 1940s, consorted with Adolf Hitler:

“He told Hitler, ‘We will do whatever you want us to do in this part of the world, the Middle East,’ and so forth.
“And they actually contributed thousands of troops to the Third Reich to fight us and to kill the Jews.”

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
mS6E0oV.jpg

Thanks elon

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I just want to say that I'm happy to explain, and detail, and express on this forum. I've had crying outbursts ever since hearing about the babies, it's just hard to contain.

If you are silent on socials, I urge you to speak up, here's a telegram group where first responders share images. I can't watch this, but people should not look away:

Ozriel

M$FT
No, it's war.

Agreed.
Clear statement that indicates direction of national institutions, including immigration and justice. It'll have to be reactive, but the direction of process is set. It may discourage these celebrations before a couple stadium sized crowds show up to deal with them.

Not too late to revoke citizenship for those who immigrated and send them back.
How does "free palastine" also mean "im cheering for hamas"? genuine question

It means that when the person doesn’t condemn Hamas or posts shit like the paragliders as ‘symbols of the struggle’.

LordOfChaos

RIP. AR-15 should be in every home.

I was thinking about this. We've seen things like bikini clad Israelis on duty with guns strapped to their backs on beach guard duty, I thought guns were not only common there but in trained hands for an event exactly like this.

What I haven't seen in all the videos so far is plain clothed reservists with guns fighting back, and I just mean, I haven't seen it. I would have expected more. Was that resistance anywhere?

ungalo

It's actually very interesting how a big part of the right and far right wing in my country went from a long history of antisionism (and even antisemitism) to being very pro-Israel in just a few years.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant to troops on the Gaza border: "I have released all the restraints, we have [regained] control of the area, and we are moving to a full offense. Hamas wanted a change in Gaza, it will change 180 degrees from what it thought. They will regret this moment, Gaza will never return to what it was."

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
its not new sadly they did it the last time as well a few years back
I've always seen "pro palestina" being the "politically correct and company will fire you for incorrect opinion if you don't agree and show it on social media" type of subject, but this time I'm seeing so many people not giving a shit being pro israel, even on social media

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I've always seen "pro palestina" being the "politically correct and company will fire you for incorrect opinion if you don't agree and show it on social media" type of subject, but this time I'm seeing so many people not giving a shit being pro israel, even on social media
That kind of happens when you rape and murder women and chidden as well as behead babies. You will wake up a sleeping giant.

It's not the entire student body by any means. There are several hundred student groups on campus. But 31 groups endorsing and celebrating terrorism is 31 groups too many.

There are myriad ways someone can be actioned for making someone else "feel unsafe" on campus, including imaginary bullshit, but there are few things that can make you feel less safe than terrorist-endorsing psychopaths parading around telling you you don't have a right to exist. Yet nothing will come of that.
It is really eye opening just to see how many different student groups there are. Talk about some extreme Balkanization, people wonder why everyone is so polarized these days, I dunno maybe it is because they are self-segregating themselves to extreme levels and only ever hearing a single viewpoint day in day out?

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
BLM Chicago

Truly fucked up, wtf is going on in the world. I’m all for free speech, but this is essentially hate speech masqueraded with some murdering clown flying a paraglider. This is akin to celebrating 9/11, I truly hope the people celebrating any violence take a long hard look at themselves. There’s nothing to celebrate in war, there are no winners unfortunately.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That kind of happens when you rape and murder women and chidden as well as behead babies. You will wake up a sleeping giant.
Yup.

If one side wants to rampage scorched Earth style, expect it back. In most cases, barbaric thuggery is met with calmer organized push back. Where one side tries to act more mature even in war time.

But by the looks of airstrikes leveling blocks into grey rubble and more coming, not this time.

If Hamas and Gaza dudes want a real fight they got it this time. Now it's time to show the world how tough they really are when the other side is unshackled and is willing to go ape shit in return.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
How does "free palastine" also mean "im cheering for hamas"? genuine question
They could have done it without the gun-toting murdering extremist on a paraglider. At least then it would have some taste, this is tasteless, callous and they know exactly what they’re doing.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
It is really eye opening just to see how many different student groups there are. Talk about some extreme Balkanization, people wonder why everyone is so polarized these days, I dunno maybe it is because they are self-segregating themselves to extreme levels and only ever hearing a single viewpoint day in day out?
Certainly a contributing factor. Clubs should be centered around interests and skills, not identity, arguably. That way we could learn from each other's perspectives.

Instead, these group dynamics encourage self-segregation, because identity is now the prevailing characteristic.

winjer

Gold Member
Is the intercept Russian? Had no idea.

The video you posted is from Russia Today.
You know, the country that hates Israel. And tries to stir up the Arabs against Israel.
And is an ally with Iran. And that recently received the leaders of Hamas in Moscow, by Putin himself.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I was thinking about this. We've seen things like bikini clad Israelis on duty with guns strapped to their backs on beach guard duty, I thought guns were not only common there but in trained hands for an event exactly like this.

What I haven't seen in all the videos so far is plain clothed reservists with guns fighting back, and I just mean, I haven't seen it. I would have expected more. Was that resistance anywhere?

I thought the same thing, I just assumed every Israeli home was strapped.

I just did a quick look though and it seems what while gun ownership isn't illegal in Israel, they arent easy to get either and only about 2% of the population own guns. No clue how accurate that is but would explain lack of resistance.

It also mentioned though that in wake of all this they're already looking at changing the laws to make guns easier to own.

LordOfChaos

I thought the same thing, I just assumed every Israeli home was strapped.

I just did a quick look though and it seems what while gun ownership isn't illegal in Israel, they arent easy to get either and only about 2% of the population own guns. No clue how accurate that is but would explain lack of resistance.

It also mentioned though that in wake of all this they're already looking at changing the laws to make guns easier to own.
Own in a personal sense right but aren't they issued? Those wouldn't count as owned

Last edited:

tkscz

Certainly a contributing factor. Clubs should be centered around interests and skills, not identity, arguably. That way we could learn from each other's perspectives.

Instead, these group dynamics encourage self-segregation, because identity is now the prevailing characteristic.
I've had a talk with my kid's mom over this as our daughter has friends who are like this and it's something we've taught her not to follow. The students in these groups don't know how they are. Too afraid to look into themselves and just enjoy what they want as it may lead them to be isolated or at least befriend people they think they won't like. So instead of doing that, they fill the void of self discovery with external symbols they can share with one another. It's why they can't disagree on things, because their symbol should mean they are all the same. That void cannot be filled that way so they unhappily continue to fake a sense of happiness by attacking others.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
That’s correct, the White House has no such power. That requires Congress to act, or its own citizens in the respective district affected via election.
Let's hope all these terror supporting POS get their dues. All the candidate needs to do is show pictures of the massacre and say X supports this.

gothmog

Gold Member
Then expel them. No room for terrorist sympathizers.
Slippery slope on that one.

My personal thoughts on this:
Terrorism cannot be sanctioned no matter how "justified" people think it is. I had sympathy for Palestinians, but they got played hard by Hamas and their controllers. Now they are firmly into the "win stupid prizes" part of the stupid games they played this past weekend. I would never trust them again without Hamas being completely dismantled.

What a fucking mess. This will escalate in so many ways for years no matter how this ends. I feel so drained watching this unfold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom