• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeaDPo0L84

How does a US congressman display the flag of another country? This should not be allowed.

F8BJMS0WsAAcsWD
There are a small number of people in our government who make no issue with supporting legit terrorism. These same people will shed tears for January 6th while sympathizing with barbarians butchering babies and raping women.

Mohonky

So, let me summarize this since I've not been an active follower of this conflict and need to know I'm understanding well: Hamas attacked Israel and are hiding in Palestina so Israel doesn't dare to retaliate, then Israel tired of that shit went and attacked them anyway in Palestina, involving civilians and the press is all about "Israel attacking civilians"?

If that's the case, it's a shit situation, they're counting on "bad press" involving innocent people in order to do damage control, what else is Israel in that situation supposed to do? This is literally a "lose-lose" so Israel might choose between "bad press now and get rid of them" or "less bad press and keep risking their state security", am I seeing this right?

It's a really long time line that goes back thousands of years.

Moses takes the Hebrew people from Egypt and takes them to the land promised to them by God, that land being Israel (not religious myself but this is how the story goes).

Later with the Roman expansion through the region, the area is renamed Palestine. With the arrival of Islam, the region is conquered by Muslims. As there are holy sites in the region, the Crusades between Christians and Muslims occur throughout the region. During this whole thing the Jewish people are pretty much flee the area.

Later during WWI, in an attempt to get the Arabs on side, as well as the Jews in fighting the Ottoman Empire, the British promise both the Arabs and the Jewish people Palestine in return for help.

Ottoman Empire falls. Jews move into the area along with Arab Muslims from surrounding region. Immediately fights break out between Jewish and Muslims groups in the region. Britain decides it's too complicated to bother with and leave Palestine. German persecution of Jewish people and WWII sees a massive influx of Jews into Palestine as they flee persecution from the Nazis and the idea of Zionism (returning to the homeland) takes place.

Shit continues to hit the fan in Palestine. UN steps in, divides the land of Palestine; Egypt gets Gaza, Jordan gets West Bank and the Jews gets Israel. Jewish make up the smallest population in the area but get over half the land. Arabs are pissed.

War breaks out with pretty much every Muslim country attached to Israel trying to drive them out. Israel defends itself and drives others out. Egypt decides nah fuck it, as does Jordan, West Bank and Gaza become part of Israel with parts of the West Bank to be controlled exclusively by a Palestinian state, other parts by Israel, some parts controlled by both and Jerusalem being it's own place.

Arab Muslims and Jews continue to fight on a lesser scale in a sort of tit for tat skirmish as the PLO (Palestinian Liberation Organization,a Shiite group), a group formed in Egypt, and run from the support the Palestinians from the West Bank in attempt to drive them out.

PLO exists in West Bank but is now HQ in Lebanon. Israel invades Lebanon and locks their ass their also. PLO basically becomes defacto government of West Bank but is largely toothless, organized occasionally terrorist attack in Israel but also attempts some peace talks. Gaza is basically doing the same but is launching terrorist attacks by a Sunni group Hamas. Hamas at some point also becomes a Political faction, and is 'elected' by the people of Gaza.

Due to ongoing terrorist attacks (and in part due to the Orthodox Jewish communities belief in their rightful ownership of the land on account of it being given to them by God) the Jewish government in Israel sets up check points, large walls to zone off the regions and generally just makes everyone's life difficult. Throughout all this, Hamas continues it's routine rocket incursions into Israel. West Bank remains kind of quiet....ish? and that tends to be the status quo.

In more recent times, Israeli government has become more heavy handed with Arabs in the area, particularly around the Golem Heights and West Bank region. New settlements are established that are founded by either flattening Arab homes in the West Bank or just straight up kicking them from the land. This unsurprisingly pisses off the locals who attack the settlements (usually mostly with rocks) but usually ends with exchanges with the IDF firing off tear gas and rubber bullets, but also occasionally live rounds and IDF arresting opposition (which can include children).

Then you have Arabs trying to access holy sites in Jerusalem or just move about Israel, where the IDF can and do arrest people on suspicion....of anything or just completely shut shop for anyone who isn't Jewish.

So the long and short of it is that now you have two groups fighting over the same land both of whom harbour extremists. You have Palestinian Arab Muslims who believe all Jews should be exterminated and as has been evidenced, have about as much common decency as an ISIS member. That unsurprisingly keeps the IDF and Israel on edge.

On the other side of the conflict, you have a government with a well run military that of recent years has been removing Arab Muslims from their homes to create new settlements, some of the more hardlined who also believe every Arab should be removed by force if necessary to ensure Israel is an ethnostate of Jews only (these are also the sort of nonces that spit on and randomly run up and hit Christian visitors to holy sites because their are ultra-orthodox Jews see non-Jews as being no different to animals).

This more recent event is just larger variant on something that has been going on in the region since forever.

YCoCg

Absolutely crazy to see certain parts of the internet already saying this is all staged, it's not happening, it's apart of the new world order, etc. Like how fucking deluded can you be to be that deep into the hole?

Nikodemos

Absolutely crazy to see certain parts of the internet already saying this is all staged, it's not happening, it's apart of the new world order, etc. Like how fucking deluded can you be to be that deep into the hole?
Two words: "paid actors".

winjer

Gold Member

Truth be told, these actions are so heinous, it's difficult to imagine anyone could do such things.
But when we have so much evidence, most of it provided by Hamas, it becomes impossible to deny these crimes.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Some people would rather retreat into delusional fantasy rather than face reality because the unfortunate truth is reality is far more depressing and terrifying than fiction.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
German persecution of Jewish people and WWII sees a massive influx of Jews into Palestine as they flee persecution from the Nazis and the idea of Zionism (returning to the homeland) takes place.
German persecution? seriously?
Also, no, Zionism was born in 1896 by Theodor Herzl, and was a long time gathering of how to return Jews to their ancestral home.

Shit continues to hit the fan in Palestine. UN steps in, divides the land of Palestine; Egypt gets Gaza, Jordan gets West Bank and the Jews gets Israel. Jewish make up the smallest population in the area but get over half the land. Arabs are pissed.
No, UN resolution divided Israel into two parts, no Gaza or West Bank. Jews said yes, Arabs and the countries around it went to war. Israel won.

Egypt decides nah fuck it, as does Jordan, West Bank and Gaza become part of Israel with parts of the West Bank to be controlled exclusively by a Palestinian state, other parts by Israel, some parts controlled by both and Jerusalem being it's own place.
They both signed peace deals.

Gaza never became part of Israel, it's its own thing. West Bank has zones of control, Jerusalem is part of Israel, east Jerusalem is not.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Some people would rather retreat into delusional fantasy rather than face reality because the unfortunate truth is reality is far more depressing and terrifying than fiction.
It's the same people who don't believe the Holocaust happened. It's really hard to fathom how people can be so cruel and evil. You grow up with stories of a Prince saving the princess, and she wasn't raped, mutilated and beheaded. She just fell asleep.

MastAndo

She should try visiting there, waving her rainbow flag around. She'll be going home in two separate boxes for her head and body. There's absolutely no logical thought happening here.

Divide & Conquer is the name of the game. For us peasants.

Fucking cheering,

More cognitive dissonance. These people should be treated as criminals.

Last edited:

laynelane

When People Tell You Who They Are, Believe Them​

This is what ‘decolonization’ really looks like. Look carefully at who is cheering it on.

By Bari Weiss
October 10, 2023

At the end of the Second World War, it took the Allies months, if not years, to uncover the full scale of Germany’s war crimes. That’s because the Nazis tried to hide them.

In October 2023, Hamas broadcast what they did—what they are doing—in real time.

They took horrific videos to document and share it all. Videos of naked women; of a captured six-year-old-boy; of beheaded soldiers.

This young woman—her name is Mor—learned that her grandmother had been slaughtered because a terrorist took her grandmother’s cell phone, filmed her murder, and then uploaded the video to the grandmother’s own Facebook page, ensuring her family would see it.

Now they are threatening to execute the hostages they have captured on live television.

It’s as if the Cossacks had TikTok.

On the one hand I think: surely this will be sufficient. Surely this amount of blood will be enough to shake the world awake. Surely no one can equivocate or justify this. As my friend Sarah Haider wrote, “How easy is it to simply condemn targeted violence against civilians? Can there be a lower bar?”

And yet, across the world, people have sunk below it.

Here you can watch people gathered at the Sydney Opera House cheering “gas the Jews” and “death to the Jews.” People are rejoicing in the slaughter on the streets of Berlin and London and Toronto and New York.

At our most prestigious universities there is silence from administrations that leapt to speak out on George Floyd’s killing and on the war in Ukraine. (Indeed, Meantime, the social justice crowd offers explanations for the massacre—a massacre that, in part, targeted a group of progressive Israelis at a music festival. Terrorists came to that festival on paragliders carrying machine guns to start their slaughter. They raped women there next to the dead bodies of their friends.

In that way, as Free Press editor and writer Peter Savodnik explains in our second piece in today’s digest, the last few days have been extremely clarifying.

Because now we know.

Now we know who would have looked at Jews shoved onto cattle cars and said, “Well, they did undermine the German economy.” Those are the people today saying: “This is a justified response to the provocation of Israel existing.” Now we know whose politics are rooted not in conservatism or liberalism or anything else other than simply hating Jews. Now we can see exactly how people manage to always come up with a reason for why the Jews deserved it.

The people cheering and waving flags are not celebrating Palestinian liberation. The Hamas attack that began on October 7 won’t lead to a free Palestine. Instead, it will lead—it is already leading—to a horrific escalation, with many more dead on both sides. The people cheering are celebrating death. I’m struck that American intellectuals are reprinting the picture of the paraglider as an image of liberation, like a hip new logo, that visual of death.

Hamas broadcast the slaughter. I thought it would be enough.

I live in one of the countries indicated in the article. We have the police and government tolerating these hate-filled fucks at their public demonstrations. We also have hate speech laws which are, of course, being ignored. I find it absolutely infuriating.

DeaDPo0L84

Hate to ask but where are most finding videos? Obviously the usual places aren't showing the graphic stuff, I also don't have twitter or any other social media, so that's probably the big reason I am not seeing much.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Hate to ask but where are most finding videos? Obviously the usual places aren't showing the graphic stuff, I also don't have twitter or any other social media, so that's probably the big reason I am not seeing much.
Twitter seems to be the best source at the moment because they are not filtering out the more graphic stuff. So you're getting a lot of ground level coverage.

You have to be careful though because obviously trolls an assholes are also using the hashtags to float out older videos from different conflicts and other crap like that.

DeaDPo0L84

Twitter seems to be the best source at the moment because they are not filtering out the more graphic stuff. So you're getting a lot of ground level coverage.

You have to be careful though because obviously trolls an assholes are also using the hashtags to float out older videos from different conflicts and other crap like that.
Thanks for the heads up, reminds me of when the Ukraine/Russia war started, it was easy to believe anything and everything coming out. Why people see the need to cause confusion amid an already horrific situation is beyond me, but such is social media.

belmarduk

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I can't look.

Captions from some of the posts with pics.

In this room we found a slaughtered family dog. Vandalism of Jewish religious books by the terrorists.

Like we've seen at every scene. Nothing was spared. Its all systematic slaughter and destruction of everything that moves
We continue to find bodies in the vehicles we search at the Nova Nature Party. There are not enough people here to collect the bodies.
Kfar Aza. We go house to house and see families slaughtered in their bedrooms and living rooms. The walls are pocked with bullet holes from automatic fire from Hamas terrorists

Horrible. Just, horrible.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Gold Member
It is an ancillary point but, and I use this word intentionally, there has to be an absolute purge of the academy and intelligentsia.

Our institutions, where we conserve and curate our knowledge, have been overtaken by the most rancid and revolting communists. Genuinely fuck every single one of the insufferable PHD cunts that can excuse any barbarity, as long as it is against their ideological enemies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Is….is it wrong of me to say I hope something really nasty happens to these terrorist supporters?
I just don’t understand how anyone can celebrate death and suffering. What the fuck is wrong with people.

tkscz

That glider logo. Despicable trash.

Can someone explain to me what the fuck is wrong with these people? Are they not aware that a bunch of innocents were murdered? Babies, fucking babies were murdered and they want to support the killers?

Can someone actually explain to me why they are supporting this group? Like no joke explanations, a real straight up explanation as to why they are celebrating these terrorist.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Egypt is a country in free-fall and a bullet away from another Islamic Revolution, I'm sure they'll love that.

Egypt's leadership removed the Muslim Brotherhood from office in a coup d'etat. Since Hamas is the Palestinian offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood, it's obvious the last thing they want is an influx of 2 million refugees from Gaza that includes tens of thousands (perhaps even hundreds of thousands) Hamas sympathizers. That's going to destabilize the country to the core.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Can someone explain to me what the fuck is wrong with these people? Are they not aware that a bunch of innocents were murdered? Babies, fucking babies were murdered and they want to support the killers?

Can someone actually explain to me why they are supporting this group? Like no joke explanations, a real straight up explanation as to why they are celebrating these terrorist.
They are indoctrinated in schools under the guise of free speech, while those who push back are stripped of their free speech rights in the process.

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired

Individuals who can't see past their ideological dogma and use basic critical thinking. They view things only in matters of who is the bigger victim.

I truly hope these individuals see reality one day and realize the awful actions they celebrated and work to better themselves, but I doubt that will be the case.

Muslims hate Israel because it's a Jewish state in the Middle East and only Muslim states should be there.
Leftists hate Israel because they consider it a colony that should not exist.

Of course the leftists are second against the wall after the Jews after the mullahs take power, this has been shown again and again.

LordOfChaos

I fear these were only the opening salvos from either side alas. I'm also wondering if Hezbollah on the other end has been holding back mostly for Israel to get involved in Gaza before it attacks in earnest from the other side.

You're not addressing my point at all. Say we topple the government and military and leave as you say, and then an even worse regime forms in the power vacuum as we've seen everywhere else we did this, more suicidal, more extreme. How did that help not "accepting more terrorist attacks"?
Well there is a lot of support from Iranian diaspora for the surviving member of the Shah's family IIRC... but getting the UN to agree on thar one would be difficult at best.

Real shame what happened to Iran. Used to be probably the most progressive country in the area. But extremism is a cancer.

FunkMiller

Hamas deserves whatever they get but I would find it difficult to have no empathy for the people trapped in Gaza.

Israel is going to kill anyone and everyone they can, and when the world turns around to chastise them for it, they will say Hamas beheaded our babies. Thousands of Palestinians will die thanks to their death cult religion. Nothing will stop that now, and nothing will change while this backward barbarity is handwaved away by the developed nations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom