• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueAlpaca

Right, but there's nothing to "interpret"; it's just noise. It's like saying there's a wrong way to analyze the shit I took this morning for astrological signs

Prophet Mohammad is believed to be the Pinnacle of Virtue in islam - imitating his life is the hight of piety. And that wiki quote was a small part of his life. There is nothing to misinterpret here.

E-Cat

Prophet Mohammad is believed to be the Pinnacle of Virtue in islam - imitating his life is the hight of piety. And that wiki quote was a small part of his life. There is nothing to misinterpret here.
Let me put it this way: Anything you take it out of this book, whether "objectively" virtuous or immoral, is purely coincidental depending on which parts you adhere to, and hence not a good source for building a system of morality out of.

Last edited:

gothmog

Gold Member
There’s no slippery slope. It’s terrorism. Stop trying to justify it.
Ok then expel anyone else who has supported terrorism of any form including recent events. Trying to keep this as non political as possible but this is a slippery slope politically.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
’I have seen the reports on beheaded babies, and that has made me realise my career might be in jeopardy.’
Yep. She's scrambling to disassociate after seeing that NYU student lose her job offer.

pNz8car.png

jason10mm

Gold Member
Man with how some of these people (meaning the student in the above example) want to cancel you for the smallest perceived slight, I hope the "cancel culture" pendulum swings the other way unbelievably hard after all I've seen on twitter, reddit, and other places on social media.

At least I'm seeing a lot of global leaders calling these assholes out.
I think statements like "I support cops" or "I voted for Trump" are a bit different than than "I support Hamas the day after they butchered 40 babies". Cancel culture is a blight but then there are such obvious statements that put you in direct opposition to any and all positive facets of humanity that excising you is the only possible response.

FunkMiller

Yep. She's scrambling to disassociate after seeing that NYU student lose her job offer.

pNz8car.png

Yes, it’s pathetic. And shows just how childish their politics and grasp on the situation truly is. They think bleating these things out on social media has zero consequences. They can signal their virtue, and feel good about how brave they think they are.

Then babies get beheaded, and suddenly their lazy worldview starts to have real consequences on their privileged lives.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Given that only 2% of Israeli citizens own firearms, I am still super surprised by this statistic considering the country's geopolitical situation and past conflicts with neighbouring states. Israel's close proximity to hostile territories like Lebanon, Egypt, and the Gaza Strip would lead me to anticipate a higher prevalence of firearms among its citizens, including the possession of semi-automatic weapons within most households.

In light of these horrific reports regarding Hamas terrorists beheading babies, it's beyond comprehension how anyone with a shred of humanity could justify or defend such monstrous acts. The audacity of Palestinians and their global supporters to champion Hamas amidst these allegations is nothing short of fucking appalling. This is, without a doubt, the most horrifying thing I've ever read, and it has forever tainted my view of the world. The depth of evil and cruelty these animals possess is staggering. How can they commit such vile acts and then casually return to their families or sleep at night? And the audacity of anyone to endorse or even tolerate such behaviour? It's a level of mindless malevolence that's beyond understanding. FFS.

Kfar Aza attack survivor Avidor Schwartzman said he hid with his wife and one-year-old daughter in the safe room of their house for more than 20 hours before being rescued by Israeli soldiers and emerging to confront a scene of “pure hell”.

“There were bodies everywhere. Dead bodies everywhere,” the 38-year-old said. “We saw our little piece of paradise, our little piece of heaven, was totally burnt – burnt and with blood everywhere.”
On Tuesday, Israeli soldiers took foreign journalists through the kibbutz, where ruins of burnt-out houses oversaw streets scattered with dead residents and militants, torched cars and piles of broken furniture and other wreckage.
There was no official death toll from the Kfar Aza kibbutz as of Tuesday evening, with Israeli soldiers still searching homes they suspect may be booby-trapped with explosives.

The military spokesperson at the site said at least dozens of residents had been killed in the attack. She added that the Israeli army hadn’t yet pieced together the precise chain of events, as fighting had only ended late on Monday.

The Hamas gunmen rammed through the kibbutz’s fence, possibly using an earthmover, clearing the way for dozens of other gunmen to enter through the breach, she said.
Militants also arrived on motorcycles and a hang-glider, the spokesperson added. Veruv, the major general, put the total number of gunmen to enter the kibbutz at about 70.
Waves of the attackers, armed with Kalashnikov rifles, rocket-propelled grenades and hand grenades, stormed the village, a reserve soldier told Reuters, declining to be named as he was not authorised to speak to the media.

Some of the Hamas militants’ bodies could still be seen lying on streets around the kibbutz, wearing black shirts, khaki trousers and army vests. One still had his hand on a pistol.

Schwartzman told Reuters he was woken at about 6.30am on Saturday by the booming sounds of rockets and that he and his family moved to their safe room an hour later after receiving a kibbutz-wide text telling them it was dangerous to be outside.
“We heard shootings and we were basically barricaded in for 21 hours until the army rescued us,” his wife, Keren Flash, said.
“We kept hearing shootings and gunfire and bombs and alarms, and we just didn’t know what was happening. Our worst nightmares.”

Soldiers were still securing the streets of the kibbutz, once neatly lined with palm trees, banana plants and single-storey houses with verandahs. Outside one home, the body of a resident lay covered by a purple bedsheet with a bare foot protruding, as if only sleeping. A pillow lay nearby with other accoutrements from their everyday life.

Bursts of gunfire and explosions could be heard in the distance. Jets could be heard above and smoke could be seen rising from Gaza. Sirens warned of incoming rockets intercepted overhead.
One soldier shouted: “Tell the world what you saw here.”

Last edited:

ManaByte

Ok then expel anyone else who has supported terrorism of any form including recent events. Trying to keep this as non political as possible but this is a slippery slope politically.
No it’s not. If you support people who rape and murder whole decapitating babies and live-streaming grannie’s murder on her own Facebook you have no job in congress. Full stop. There’s no slippery slope and just you claiming there is shows support for it.

Jsisto

Imagine signing a statement regarding a situation as volatile as middle eastern conflict without pre reading it. Not that I even believe her, but anybody with any sense or awareness would want to be damn sure they agreed with what it says first.

Last edited:

badblue

Gold Member
Yeah just look at the comments, lots of people missed the shitty joke he made and are calling him out for spreading IDF propaganda 🤦
A "friend" made a post in favor of recent events.
I replied with links to news stories and videos of recent events.
"IDF propaganda" was the reply I got back.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I think he's trying to be ironic with whomever said stuff like this

Whatever point the dude was making, it's drama club level humor that requires additional research (antithetical to most comedy) paired with just an immense amount of cocaine that is probably cut with fentanyl and crushed Smarties.

Dude isn't a train wreck, he's the mangled detritus after the fact.

Last edited:
Egypt's leadership removed the Muslim Brotherhood from office in a coup d'etat. Since Hamas is the Palestinian offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood, it's obvious the last thing they want is an influx of 2 million refugees from Gaza that includes tens of thousands (perhaps even hundreds of thousands) Hamas sympathizers. That's going to destabilize the country to the core.

I don't know what the fuck they're thinking with this, probably because they haven't either. There's a video going 'round where it looks like IDF soldiers turned off the water already so we're looking at probably a week, max. Before absolute necessity forces something.

Dev1lXYZ

I’m pretty sure ‘never again’ means exactly that this time.
After a year of watching the atrocities in Ukraine, Israel basically has free reign to do anything they want.

I’m pretty sure ‘never again’ means exactly that this time.
After a year of watching the atrocities in Ukraine, Israel basically has free reign to do anything they want.
Israel is likely going to glass parts of Gaza like they've never done in the past decades and the world can't say anything about it since Hamas isn't pulling any punches either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom