• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Worth a watch. Some of these students should be on terrorist watch lists.

Watched this years ago and very relevant to today. What he's referring to is also in the Hamas' charter for Palestine. More profesdors should be vocal as such at this time but my time on LinkedIn today (I work in Marketing management and with LinkedIn ads); CEOs are being told to remove 'we support Israel' banners as it's "not professional for LinkedIn."

It's funny too as I support many management leadership groups. Many have been plugging away 'quiet leadership' quotes but haven't said a word regarding all this.

ManaByte

I was thinking cactus or hot poker but that’ll do donkey
little-nicky.gif

Meicyn

Gold Member
CEOs are being told to remove 'we support Israel' banners as it's "not professional for LinkedIn."
At LinkedIn’s direction, or peer pressure? If it’s cool to throw pride flags around annually, or Ukrainian colors as per the last year or so, then why is supporting Israel not allowed?

I mean, I know the answer but, yeah. Is LinkedIn seriously doing that?

To be honest, when he said that person was wearing a "terrorist headscarf", he lost all credibility and immediately lost the support of the students. He had a good question, why don't these student organizations condemn? He probably could've won the argument. But literally just calling what that student wearing a terrorist headscarf, he's just another crazy. Blaming an entire group of people for action of the few is not the way

I think we are looking at the beginning of a wider conflict in the region and the fingers all seem to be pointing to Iran.
Highly unlikely, considering one of their sugar daddies Russia is doing an absolutely phenomenal job being pre-occupied with Ukraine, and Iran can't afford to trigger America an excuse to sending soldiers to their backyard.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
To be honest, when he said that person was wearing a "terrorist headscarf", he lost all credibility and immediately lost the support of the students. He had a good question, why don't these student organizations condemn? He probably could've won the argument. But literally just calling what that student wearing a terrorist headscarf, he's just another crazy. Blaming an entire group of people for action of the few is not the way
I think he was using irony.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
At LinkedIn’s direction, or peer pressure? If it’s cool to throw pride flags around annually, or Ukrainian colors as per the last year or so, then why is supporting Israel not allowed?

I mean, I know the answer but, yeah. Is LinkedIn seriously doing that?
LinkedIn the platform, no. But certain business owners, yes. This banner was posted by an Israeli businesswoman with many mocking reactions. Let me know I need to blur out names. Anyway, first commenter was met with mocking reactions and read the poster with Oracle just below hers.

oq2cXJw.jpg

pkh1QVM.jpg

udartjN.jpg

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Yale professor of American Studies, Zareena Grewal:

G7foTTS.jpg

Not true, of course. She is a university student who was attending the music festival when she was abducted.

This Yale professor's feed is full of extremist rhetoric about zionism, fake footage that isn't even from the current conflict and other lies, and justifications for terrorism.

itAvzex.png

Not some adjunct at a podunk school. A professor at Yale.

Jinzo Prime

G7foTTS.jpg

Not true, of course. She is a university student who was attending the music festival when she was abducted.

This Yale professor's feed is full of extremist rhetoric about zionism, fake footage that isn't even from the current conflict and other lies, and justifications for terrorism.

itAvzex.png

This is what happens when all morality is coincided subjective. Killing babies is not just "sinful" it is wrong. Period. Full fucking stop!

laynelane

It's heartening to see this. And I hope there's more to come. It's long past the time when people should be held responsible for their hateful beliefs by the wider world at large. Even in this case, losing a job opportunity seems too light for supporting terrorism but I hope it sends a message - not only to the perpetrators of this vile bs, but also to let everyone else know that their lack of extremism (which I believe is the the majority of people) is the norm.

MrA

That context, though, being that it's an irrational book written in pre-scientific times by violent desert tribes. So, what exactly does taking this utter nonsense "out of context" mean? The real problem is that anyone takes any part of it seriously. What has largely happened to the Bible in the modern Western world is what also needs to happen to the Quran. Cherry-pick out the "nice" parts, if any, for Hallmark greeting cards and disregard the rest, or whatever.
dude atheists don't have a good track record of not being murderous brutes,

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

G7foTTS.jpg

itAvzex.png

Her profile lists she’s a Radical Muslim.

Sorry but no matter what, she is defending terrorism and is fucking gross. Neo-Nazis indeed.

TransTrender

Gold Member
I'm confused by what he is trying to say, this other tweet reads like to me like a condemnation of the attacks.

I hope I get what he's saying, but I think many will not follow the nuance. This would be hard because it's practically a 180 from the other dumb shit this guy has said.
Basically throwing the same retard logic people are using to justify Hamas, then applying current pop culture use cases.
Once people figure it out he will be cancelled...by a bunch of ultra left terrorist.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I hope I get what he's saying, but I think many will not follow the nuance. This would be hard because it's practically a 180 from the other dumb shit this guy has said.
Basically throwing the same retard logic people are using to justify Hamas, then applying current pop culture use cases.
Once people figure it out he will be cancelled...by a bunch of ultra left terrorist.

Sessler's account is run by AI.

Always Intoxicated.

supernova8

Banned
Her profile lists she’s a Radical Muslim.

Sorry but no matter what, she is defending terrorism and is fucking gross. Neo-Nazis indeed.
She's right in saying the hostage taking is rational though. I'm guessing one of the reasons Israel hasn't yet physically entered Gaza is literally the fact that Hamas has taken hostages.

poodaddy

Gold Member

G7foTTS.jpg

itAvzex.png

No tolerance for this hate. I'm over this society of everything being relative and any devil's advocate being protected no matter how evil. I get it, I don't like cancel culture, but this lady needs to be removed from her position immediately. A Yale professor has an incredible amount of social credit, and her spewing this nonsense is actively harmful as many people will take it more seriously purely because of her position. Misinformation and hate from figures of influence should be stomped out with extreme prejudice immediately.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
She's right in saying the hostage taking is rational though. I'm guessing one of the reasons Israel hasn't yet physically entered Gaza is literally the fact that Hamas has taken hostages.

I think a big part of the hole these people dig is trying to lie by omission in their statements. That is to say, these motherfuckers think they can play the middle ground to try to loosely appease both crowds, and the actual visible portion facing the media almost ALWAYS comes across as cold and mechanical, and it just gives people the jeebies about you regardless of their position on the issue.

Like, yes, taking hostages and killing civilians to lower morale and putting your military installations under schools and hospitals DOES make perfect sense. Tactically. But your dumb ass isn't fortifying your base for some Civ knockoff RTS game. You're discussing actual happenings and speaking publicly, knowing or unknowingly dragging everyone you associate with into this weird "everyone thinks you're unhinged," area.

Dude, I unironically hope this guy suffers some extreme misfortune. The loud middle aged drunk uncle routine was stale, now it's completely retarded.
Seems he is against Hamas. Dude is a moron, but at least passes the test of not being evil. He is attacking people who say the dead baby thing is bullshit in the respnses. Hate the guy, but yeah.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
That context, though, being that it's an irrational book written in pre-scientific times by violent desert tribes. So, what exactly does taking this utter nonsense "out of context" mean? The real problem is that anyone takes any part of it seriously. What has largely happened to the Bible in the modern Western world is what also needs to happen to the Quran. Cherry-pick out the "nice" parts, if any, for Hallmark greeting cards and disregard the rest, or whatever.

There's plenty in the Old Testament that can be used the same way as the Quran... And HAS been. The Bible isn't all cherries and inspirational rainbows.

Topher

Gold Member
Weird. At some point after this is done, how Israel's famous to the degree of meme security and intelligence apparatus apparently missed such a coordinated attack is going to need investigation.

Trying to find media reports corroborating what she is saying but not seeing it. Don't trust her entirely based on what she posts on twitter.

Sleepwalker

He was swiftly grounded by Air Canada upon receiving complaints from would-be passengers. Considering the implication of wearing what he did while in uniform and posting it online, I hope he's fired once they complete their investigation.
I suspect the only reason he hasn't been fired yet is because he is part of a union, but he most likely won't fly a plane in Canada again, thankfully.

Eh to be fair the headscarf she is wearing (around her neck not the actual thing on her head) is synonomous with Terrorists. I mean hell you just have to type "Terrorist Headscarft" into google and yoiu get a picture of the black and white piece of cloth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_keffiyeh

Mikado

Absolutely disgusting.

My read is he's trying to use irony to parrot the prevailing bullshit narrative back at the offending parties so they can see how stupid it appears.

As a wannabe Funny Man myself, sometimes the joke just doesn't land, and sometimes it's not the time for a joke at all. I don't actually even know who he is, but as the pitchforks are being sharpened, I don't think he's really the Enemy on this one. Personally I want to save my rage for those who really deserve it and god knows there are enough of them.

(So help me though, if he's actually some terrorist apologist, then I disengage from my above statements preemptively and I can totally find some room in my rage budget after all).

gothmog

Gold Member

G7foTTS.jpg

itAvzex.png

Don't you have to serve in the IDF legally to be a citizen? Not that it makes it justified but she could be a university student who is serving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom