• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbmcgee

Banned
What are you guys suggesting, that we treat 1/4th of the world’s population as enemies who we can’t co-exist with? That seems faulty cuz we have co-existed with muslims for millennia, with our bloodiest wars in the past few hundred years (civil war and WW2) being fought against non-muslims. No country wants Palestinian refugees, Muslim or otherwise. Your average Muslim citizen just wants to eat kebab, play videogames, and find a hot woman they don’t care about killing jews or setting up a caliphate. I’m American, I dont feel obligated to speak out everytime we bomb a hospital or some shit, it has nothing to do with me just my tax dollars. Same with muslims, what burden of responsibility do 99% of them have for what happened last week? None.
We cannot coexist with people supporting terrorist organizations. Anyone who does that, Muslim or not, does not belong here. If they are guests in our countries, its time to go.

And no, we shouldn't stay silent while they gas the jews again because it doesn't involve us. Have you learned absolutely nothing. If it was me, I would want the world to speak up. I'm a black American. The world has done that several times.

But now that its jews, its none of my business? No. Good people must speak now. What's happening is completely ridiculous

Brigandier

I am horrified by what I have been reading by posters in this thread, where the majority seem to simply view this whole thing as black and white, where people are OK with bundling all Muslims into a specific type of person, so they can easily choose to hate. The situation between Israel and Palestine is not simple, and you shouldn't pick a side that easily. You don't need to pick a side, if you really are concerned about the people there.

If you want to look at Muslims as the villains, fine, I guess this is where everyone stops thinking critically, but how can you completely ignore the situation of Palestine and its people? I know the situation for Israelis isn't as simple either, but their government hasn't been treating the people of Palestine like humans either. They are locked in, isolated, the water supply, food, everything is controlled by Israel, even when things aren't as bad as they are now. Now, Hamas has made it even tougher for the people of Palestine, but who can they look to for support because everyone just seems to villainize them? as shown in this thread.

I am done here, I guess.

fire gas GIF by FlamesVLC

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
We cannot coexist with people supporting terrorist organizations. Anyone who does that, Muslim or not, does not belong here. If they are guests in our countries, its time to go.

And no, we shouldn't stay silent while they gas the jews again because it doesn't involve us. Have you learned absolutely nothing. If it was me, I would want the world to speak up. I'm a black American. The world has done that several times.

But now that its jews, its none of my business? No. Good people must speak now. What's happening is completely ridiculous
There's one key caveat to that though.

If people and governments speak up, Muslim zealots are most prone to raiding, terrorist acts and flag burning mobs. Israel has shown right now they dont give a shit anymore, but thats because they are right there in the thick of it.

But for the rest countries where its limited to protest marches, it's mostly just unruly loud protests of hate (which I dont think has lead to giant massacres).

So do you tell them to knock off the hate parties, in hopes they dont retaliate jihad way? Or do you just let them vent and assume nothing major will happen and the crowd disipates?

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
As a muslim American my circle which is heavily also muslim are all condemning the attacks. I haven't met one person I know who was in support. Of course there are but I think they are the vocal minority not the majority from what I've seen. Most people just want to see the violence stop in general.
Did you speak up? did you post a condemnation on your socials?

My mom came over today, and we had the siren go off, and she's a child to Holocaust survivors and still says avenging the dead won't bring them back. She says we should go after the leaders, and she's right.

We're in a very tough situation, and I do think that if Muslims speak out we'll get the peace. Instead of having so many university groups supporting "Free Palestine", which is the destruction of Israel, I'm not sure why there are no "Peace in the middle east" groups.

People who use religion for evil shit are not religious. Same applies for pedo priests. These are just shit human beings.

they can be both religious and evil, or to put an actual objective marker on it they can be both religious and criminal...anyway, religion sanctions "evil shit" all by itself even without people's interpretation of it

So how many of the palestine people killed so far are likely Hamas and not just innocents? Because I heard like almost 500 kids have been killed or something so far in the bombings but haven't really read much about the militant clashes and how effective taking out all these "bases" are.
No way to really know, but 500 kids have been killed which in any situation is and should be classified as a war crime.

Bry0

Peace can be made with the Palestinians, but not while Hamas is in charge. Their covenant literally uses the protocols of the elders of Zion to legitimize their hatred of Jews. It’s the same hate that fueled the Nazis. I’m not sure how lasting peace can be made with an ideology built on such rot.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Antifa means Anti-fascism

Fascist were against Jews (to put it mildly)

So by this math Antifa should be against pro Palestine protesters. Are they?
If we were to call out all contradictions about these so called "progressive" groups, they'd dissapear before out of irrelevance before we finish

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

bbmcgee

Banned
There's one key caveat to that though.

If people and governments speak up, Muslim zealots are most prone to raiding, terrorist acts and flag burning mobs. Israel has shown right now they dont give a shit anymore, but thats because they are right there in the thick of it.

But for the rest countries where its limited to protest marches, it's mostly just unruly loud protests of hate (which I dont think has lead to giant massacres).

So do you tell them to knock off the hate parties, in hopes they dont retaliate jihad way? Or do you just let them vent and assume nothing major will happen and the crowd disipates?
Is this a joke? When you don't crush this kind of nonsense out immediately it grows and grows until it explodes and you are in serious trouble. It doesn't take as much as you think.

Ozriel

M$FT

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Yes. This is the way.

Imagine coming to the UK fleeing fundamentalism in Somalia…then you turn around and start praising terrorists.

When people start seeing the consequences of their actions, they’ll learn. If you’re publicly praising terrorists and celebrating the murder of women and children, you should be in no-fly lists.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

Israeli government supporting West Bank illegal settlements is making a huge mistake.

I agree, and maybe after this ends the center-left can explain to people why we should abandon this, because the entire army can't be guarding scores of our Messihnic people there.

My hope is that after this the Fatach will be forced to sign a peace deal and we get the settlements out. Wishful thinking.

jason10mm

Gold Member
What are you guys suggesting, that we treat 1/4th of the world’s population as enemies who we can’t co-exist with? That seems faulty cuz we have co-existed with muslims for millennia, with our bloodiest wars in the past few hundred years (civil war and WW2) being fought against non-muslims. No country wants Palestinian refugees, Muslim or otherwise. Your average Muslim citizen just wants to eat kebab, play videogames, and find a hot woman they don’t care about killing jews or setting up a caliphate. I’m American, I dont feel obligated to speak out everytime we bomb a hospital or some shit, it has nothing to do with me just my tax dollars. Same with muslims, what burden of responsibility do 99% of them have for what happened last week? None.
I'm saying to cut out the pearl clutching when Isreal FINALLY has to deal with a group SO SAVAGE that NO ONE ELSE wants to deal with them. If Hamas dominated Palestine is so inimical to every Islamic value and so totally resistant to any type of moderating influence, then GTFO of the way!

But if other Muslim groups want to somehow take umbrage about this situation, then maybe sack up and deal with it and quell Hamas yourselves or just admit that yeah, you want Hamas to win and if a few thousand slaughtered civilians and babies is the price, inshallah, amirite?

Kataploom

Gold Member

Cyberpunkd

What are you guys suggesting, that we treat 1/4th of the world’s population as enemies who we can’t co-exist with? That seems faulty cuz we have co-existed with muslims for millennia
1 - Yes
2 - Current Arab countries are bottom of the barrel compared to Baghdad in the 6th century AD, at a time when the Arab world was the beacon of civilisation and science ; now they are a bunch of tribal chiefs dressed in rags propped up by oil

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
How many muslims do you have in your general circle? Honest question because if you did, you know you'd see a large amount of them calling for peaceful resolutions. I don't think its fair to chalk all muslims up to radicals who want to see the death of the west and Israeli...and if you don't know many let me be one of the first you do know to say yes all of that aint shit. Any form of religious fundamentalism leads to self righteous dangerous actions that is only a net negative on the world.
Sorry you are banned but if what you say is true, then GET OUT THERE AND PREACH IT! Call your local media and give them a positive sound bite! Shout down anyone showing up to a "Free Palestine/Go HAMAS!" rally. Enact pressure within your local muslim community to out any Imams trying to radicalize anyone. Go on social media and counter the hate you see there. Nothing you say here in this circle jerk will affect anything.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It seems they are treating us as enemies they can't coexist with.They elected this goverment of terrorists so i feel they have a responsability for what happened here.I'm not saying they should go donate their money to the Israeli but some sort of call for a cease fire would be at least something yet nothing. If I have a bad dog that bites anyone,know it and I let it bite you I'm also responsible for what the dog does.

Israel is not interested in any sort of cease-fire at this time (I don’t blame them). Calls for one from other nations is a useless gesture. They want to rid Hamas from Gaza and ensure that it can never govern there again (whether that ends with Israel in total control themselves or installing a proxy Palestinian mini-government we will see).

I'm saying to cut out the pearl clutching when Isreal FINALLY has to deal with a group SO SAVAGE that NO ONE ELSE wants to deal with them. If Hamas dominated Palestine is so inimical to every Islamic value and so totally resistant to any type of moderating influence, then GTFO of the way!

But if other Muslim groups want to somehow take umbrage about this situation, then maybe sack up and deal with it and quell Hamas yourselves or just admit that yeah, you want Hamas to win and if a few thousand slaughtered civilians and babies is the price, inshallah, amirite?

I dont like the pearl clutching either and am in support of Israel’s strikes & invasion. My disagreement with your post was the insinuation that Islam as a whole is somehow not compatible with us anymore. If that was not your intended rhetoric, then disregard. I would also say to be fair many pro-Palestinians here in the West are not even Muslims themselves, but another case of people being offended on behalf of others.

laynelane

Wondering if here in Canada we'll walk the walk and grow a pair after Trudy finally condemned rallies for terrorist groups here

Doubtful so long as hate speech laws are being ignored by the police and government in favour of letting terrorist supporters say whatever the fuck they want. I wish it were different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom