• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosma

Banned
Playing at night is tough, have a decent rogue deck and currently 3-2

No scrubs playing at this hour!

Will try my luck in the morning :)

zoukka

You know I didn't realize you could silence Faerie Dragon. Since no spells or hero powers worked on it I just assumed that Silence (which for some reason I think of as being a spell) wouldn't work on it, either.

Yeaaah Blizz really need to clarify some shit about HS rules.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
You mean silence from a battlecry? The card is immune to spells and hero powers, not any effects from creatures.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
LOL. Got my first hate message from somebody I added. I just wanted to help :(

I love when people accept my requests. I just send shit like "murked" or "rekt" and then unfriend them.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You mean silence from a battlecry? The card is immune to spells and hero powers, not any effects from creatures.

Yeah, effects from minions are not considered spells. Otherwise you'd have cards like Gadgetzan Auctioneer proccing off battlecries and deathrattles. Or battlecries working off spell damage.

Steaks

Yeah, effects from minions are not considered spells. Otherwise you'd have cards like Gadgetzan Auctioneer proccing off battlecries and deathrattles. Or battlecries working off spell damage.

I originally thought Ancient Mage or whatever caused minion effects to do more damage and it made me think the card was even more useless.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Man, getting Redemption to revive a Sunwalker just feels so, so good.

Card Boy

Banned
If they every have a 200+ expansion for this game i hope it has booster packs only for that expansion. No way i want to open normal packs only to get 4 shitty commons a and a rare from the first set. Magic, Shadow Era, Duel of Champions, Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh all have boosters for a new set. I am worried though since this is Blizzard.

LiK

Met a Korean player (his name was in Korean characters). He dominated me. Dammit. Why are Koreans so good at Blizzard games?!

johnsmith

remember me
Oh man, after stagnating around rank 12 for a while, I'm finally rising again, rank 7 at the moment. On a winning streak with my own warlock zoo recipe. Having way more success with it than with the more popular zoo variants since I'm able to punch through the enemy's health very quickly with power overwhelmings and Leroy. Power Overwhelming is is a ridiculously awesome spell. It's like a soulfire that costs 1 mana instead of a card discard, which is just fine with me. When you're trading up your minion's gonna die anyway, so that's hardly a loss. The only thing that gives me trouble is druids, because it's hard to get through so many big taunts, that's what Siphon Soul is for, but really that's just a stand in until I can get a Black Knight. I might drop it for something because it's just a dead card most games. Maybe an Argent Commander. Also dropped the Shieldbearers because they just weren't carrying their weight. Unless they got buffed they were useless, and did nothing to protect from the real threat of spells.

The traditional zoo lacks a real finisher, and I've lost way too many games when my board gets cleared with the enemy at very low health they're playing huge stuff, and I'm stuck playing small 2 and 3 drops. This solves that problem since you have finishers that don't discard. Nothing worse than having 2 soulfires and a Doomguard in your hand with the enemy being within kill range if you didn't have to discard.

jTjOpwx.png

Overboost

Most disheartening match ever yet just now. Opponent's down to 1 HP, hovering over my hero power button to win next turn no matter what. Dude plays Jaraxxus, fills back up to 15 HP. No problem. I barely get him back down to 1 HP, victory all but assured. He has one card in his hand. OF COURSE IT'S ALEXSTRASZA. Back to 15 HP and I'm fucked.

This game, man.

Water

Is the benefit to doing this just more practice?

Yeah. I will play somewhat fewer arenas on my main region, allowing dailies to stack up there as well, so overall I'll be playing more arena and less grinding constructed for arena entry fees.

You know I didn't realize you could silence Faerie Dragon. Since no spells or hero powers worked on it I just assumed that Silence (which for some reason I think of as being a spell) wouldn't work on it, either.

How did you silence it? Because I think battlecries can still affect Faerie Dragon. At least its text doesn't say otherwise.

Kosma

Banned
Oh man, after stagnating around rank 12 for a while, I'm finally rising again, rank 7 at the moment. On a winning streak with my own warlock zoo recipe. Having way more success with it than with the more popular zoo variants since I'm able to punch through the enemy's health very quickly with power overwhelmings and Leroy. Power Overwhelming is is a ridiculously awesome spell. It's like a soulfire that costs 1 mana instead of a card discard, which is just fine with me. When you're trading up your minion's gonna die anyway, so that's hardly a loss. The only thing that gives me trouble is druids, because it's hard to get through so many big taunts, that's what Siphon Soul is for, but really that's just a stand in until I can get a Black Knight. I might drop it for something because it's just a dead card most games. Maybe an Argent Commander. Also dropped the Shieldbearers because they just weren't carrying their weight. Unless they got buffed they were useless, and did nothing to protect from the real threat of spells.

The traditional zoo lacks a real finisher, and I've lost way too many games when my board gets cleared with the enemy at very low health they're playing huge stuff, and I'm stuck playing small 2 and 3 drops. This solves that problem since you have finishers that don't discard. Nothing worse than having 2 soulfires and a Doomguard in your hand with the enemy being within kill range if you didn't have to discard.

jTjOpwx.png

Interesting zoo setup.

Ive dropped the doomguards totally in mine (rank 11) now for a worgen and rag.

Might try experimenting without shieldbearers now too, but imho they are such a nice drop to stop two attacks. Dont know what to replace them with.

I see you dont play golems either? No mortal coil?

Sandwich

Neo Member
One of my personality flaws becomes a bit evident while playing Hearthstone. When I do well, I love the game and think the developers did such a great job. When I end up on a losing streak, I think the game allows for too much BS and that the developers didn't "cook" the game enough. If only I would try to remember that the game is fun even when I'm losing. I guess what I really need to do is to realize that I do enjoy the game for what it is and just stop being such a pissy-pants crybaby from time to time. I guess realizing that much about myself is the first step towards becoming a real man.

I just had a fun rank 6 fight with my paladin versus a handlock. He threw everything he had at me and I did the same to him. I won in the end. He threw down 2 earth elementals, 2 molten giants, 2 of those 3/5 minions that can attack back to turn them into taunts, two 9 health twilight drakes, he killed my 6/7 shielded creatures with magic and refused to die for a while. He used legendary at 4 hp that buffed him up to 15 but I had my big game hunter for that. Big thanks to swords, attack-debuffs, equalities, token minions to finish off those debuffed giants and defender-secrets to stop incoming attacks of any minions he had left on the board.

Now all I have to do is remember that the game is fun like this the next time I end up on a losing streak.

jTjOpwx.png

Thanks for this. I have swapped out the Soulfires in my Zoo for Power Overwhelmings and it's won me a good few games so far.

johnsmith

remember me
Interesting zoo setup.

Ive dropped the doomguards totally in mine (rank 11) now for a worgen and rag.

Might try experimenting without shieldbearers now too, but imho they are such a nice drop to stop two attacks. Dont know what to replace them with.

I see you dont play golems either? No mortal coil?
A raging worgen? Not a big fan, they have a big bullseye on them so rarely do you really get good use out of them. For 3 mana I prefer a 2 and 1 drop, so I dropped the golems and scarlet crusaders for space. Even with divine shield the crusader just died too fast and the golem didn't provide enough attack for me. Reynad dropped mortal coils a while ago for more bodies, and with power overwhelming in I really can't fit them in either. Plus the elven archer is the same thing but it leaves body on the board which you can then buff to trade up.

Thanks for this. I have swapped out the Soulfires in my Zoo for Power Overwhelmings and it's won me a good few games so far.
I would keep the soul fires. They're still really good cards. You want to have both.

Is it worth replacing Mortal Coil? It's nice to kill a 1 health minion to draw a card or to remove Divine Shield, but an Eleven Archer can do that do (minus card draw).

I would keep the soul fires. They're still really good cards.

Soul fire is great, you can bypass taunt to hit the face directly, really useful if the opponent had played a Defender of Argus or a big body taunt the previous turn to delay the lethal.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, I tried to play some Handlock, but ran into a Druid with double Coldlight Oracles and double Naturalize. Naturalize becomes the best removal in the game by far when the opponent has 9/10 cards in hand. It becomes either 'Destroy an enemy minion. Discard a card from your opponent's deck. Your opponent draws a card.' or 'Destroy an enemy minion. Discard two cards from your opponent's deck.'. Still won, despite losing four Giants and a Twilight Drake. Haven't really seen much success with Handlock though; I either get rushed down before I can get something decent on the board (Had a Rogue go Argent Squire > Coin > Cold Blood on me), don't get the cards I need or get my first plays perfectly countered (Turn 2 > Watcher, Turn 3 > Coin > Watcher + Sunfury; opponent clears it next turn).

Help me pick a legendary. Got the dust to pick one up and just don't know what to pick up. I primarily play as the Warrior, Rogue, and sometimes a mage. Here's the legendaries that I already have:

Captain Greenskin
Grommash Hellscream
Lorewalker Cho
Millhouse Manastorm

Was looking a Ysera, Leeroy Jenkins, Ragnaros, The Black Knight, or Onyxia. Not sure where to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom