• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Help me pick a legendary. Got the dust to pick one up and just don't know what to pick up. I primarily play as the Warrior, Rogue, and sometimes a mage. Here's the legendaries that I already have:

Captain Greenskin
Grommash Hellscream
Lorewalker Cho
Millhouse Manastorm

Was looking a Ysera, Leeroy Jenkins, Ragnaros, The Black Knight, or Onyxia. Not sure where to go.

Dust all but Grom and you can get another. What kind of war? How much rogue? Leeroy. Otherwise Cairne, Ysera, Rag, all good cards.

Volimar

Help me pick a legendary. Got the dust to pick one up and just don't know what to pick up. I primarily play as the Warrior, Rogue, and sometimes a mage. Here's the legendaries that I already have:

Captain Greenskin
Grommash Hellscream
Lorewalker Cho
Millhouse Manastorm

Was looking a Ysera, Leeroy Jenkins, Ragnaros, The Black Knight, or Onyxia. Not sure where to go.

That's what I'd narrow it down to.

Dust all but Grom and you can get another. What kind of war? How much rogue? Leeroy. Otherwise Cairne, Ysera, Rag, all good cards.

That's what I was thinking about doing since those legendaries are nothing that I would honestly use. Might disenchant all of them except Grommash and pick up Leeroy and Ysera.

And I play as an Aggro Warrior.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I think you should look up what the arena mode is.

Oh, you're just talking about bad rng, I thought you were saying why would these wars choose brawl in arena. Because it's godlike. Sorry bout the bad luck.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member

Captain Greenskin
Grommash Hellscream
Lorewalker Cho
Millhouse Manastorm

Leeroy if you mainly play Miracle Rogue or Rush decks.
Ragnaros, Cairne, Ysera, Sylvanas and Thalnos for just about anything else.
Maybe Alexstrasza if you have a great Control Warrior deck.
Black Knight if you think that you're running into a lot of taunters and one taunter being the reason for most of your losses.
Skip Onyxia.

EDIT: And as already has been said; dust Cho, Greenskin and Manastorm.
If I had to pick just two regardless of class or deck, it'd be Cairne and either Rag or Ysera. If you play a lot of Miracle Rogue, Go with Jenkins and Thalnos.

Captain Greenskin
Grommash Hellscream
Lorewalker Cho
Millhouse Manastorm

Leeroy is essential in Miracle Rogue. Ragnaros and Leeroy are the best all-rounders, they can go in almost any deck. Ysera too, that card draw late game can be vital. The Black Knight could be very good in the next few weeks due to the rise of Taunt (I'm definitely seeing more of it anyway). Also, since you play Warrior, you'd be on your way to idealized Control Warrior with that and Hellscream. I don't rate Onyxia, if Hunter makes a comeback you're vulnerable to the Buzzard/Timber Wolf/UTH combo.

Dust Millhouse, he's useless. Maybe Cho as well unless you fancy playing Randuin Wrynn (I'm keeping him for that reason).

I'm an expert

He doesn't have any of those cards so Alex first is a waste. He has Grom so I guess he could do Cairne+Alex but that's a big control war commitment. Ysera is the most fun card but requires some good play/luck to get value from. Knight.. Knight is really good.

johnsmith

remember me
Fair enough, what would you take out?

Hu7QdKu.png
Darkscale healer and reckless rocketeer for sure.

Kolento just hit rank 1 legend with this new warlock deck.
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/55073-kolento-rank-1-legend-warlock-tactics-deck-with
Basically power overwhelming + chargers + faceless = 1 turn kill.
Welcome to the new meta.

Kosma

Banned
A raging worgen? Not a big fan, they have a big bullseye on them so rarely do you really get good use out of them. For 3 mana I prefer a 2 and 1 drop, so I dropped the golems and scarlet crusaders for space. Even with divine shield the crusader just died too fast and the golem didn't provide enough attack for me. Reynad dropped mortal coils a while ago for more bodies, and with power overwhelming in I really can't fit them in either. Plus the elven archer is the same thing but it leaves body on the board which you can then buff to trade up.

Worgen can trade 2:1 many times, or a brutal finisher if they ignore him.

Got rid of mortal coil and made some adjustments to my deck, now Rank 8 with this (Hellfire is there to reset board if you are being swarmed after a bad start. Can even act as a finsher.

Power Overwhelming is so bad ass on leeroy, buff him to 14, then attack and finish off with a soulfire mmmmmmmmmmmm. Turn 6.

uaOvtzw.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Vaporize feels super powerful right now since it seems like 90% of the strategies are just get one dude out with Charge and buff the shit out of him. Nothing like popping a 15+ attack Leeroy.

Kosh

That Kolento deck is fun to play, but he seems to be going backwards with it now. He's down to 24 as of now. I went 5-5 playing around with it in the 10 rank.

Kosma

Banned
Haha tried the deck in play mode, and sure enough, I faced another Lock trying the deck.

Beat him with Leeroy + PO + Faceless

GeoGonzo

This game should not let you fight the exact same person back to back. How hard is this to code. jesus.
I honestly kind of love it when it happens. If I won the first game, I'm filled with confidence and determination to win again. And if I lost the first game I see it as a second chance.

It is a bit dumb in arena, though: it is literally impossible that we had the same number of wins both times, unless the first game ends in a tie.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Vaporize feels super powerful right now since it seems like 90% of the strategies are just get one dude out with Charge and buff the shit out of him. Nothing like popping a 15+ attack Leeroy.

I can't imagine a good player would fall for that

I'm an expert

I run a secrets deck and vaporize has no place in it. Too easy to play around and too expensive to stop early game rush. If it was 1 mana...

Sandwich

Neo Member
Bah, I had 26 health and a board full of minions. The 4 health warlock kills me in 1 turn when he only had one 3/3 minion on his field. Gotta love their ability to spawn Jenkins, buff it to 10 damage, copy it and do 4 damage with spell on me, all in one single turn. 27 damage.

JesseZao

Bah, I had 26 health and a board full of minions. The 4 health warlock kills me in 1 turn when he only had one 3/3 minion on his field. Gotta love their ability to spawn Jenkins, buff it to 10 damage, copy it and do 4 damage with spell on me, all in one single turn. 27 damage.

Just did that to a nozdormu priest, lol. He had 6 minions, 21 HP and I only had an earthen ring farseer. That coincidence.

Unless you're TuRbOz, funny that that exact ending happened at the same time.

Kosma

Banned

You didnt have a single taunt?

soldat7

Yeah. I will play somewhat fewer arenas on my main region, allowing dailies to stack up there as well, so overall I'll be playing more arena and less grinding constructed for arena entry fees.

I think I'll do this. I'm terrible at Arena.

Ashodin

LOL control warrior

Drops Rag. Next turn I kill Rag.

Next turn drops Baron Geddon. I kill Geddon.

Next turn drops Grommash + Taskmaster. I kill both next turn.

Next turn drops Cairne. I kill Cairne AND his Baine.

GG.

Sandwich

Neo Member
I played vs a warrior today that had golden animated portrait and golden animated hero power. Was pretty pimp. My first sighting of one.

Ikkarus

LOL control warrior

Drops Rag. Next turn I kill Rag.

Next turn drops Baron Geddon. I kill Geddon.

Next turn drops Grommash + Taskmaster. I kill both next turn.

Next turn drops Cairne. I kill Cairne AND his Baine.

GG.
What deck do you play against the Warrior Control? I'm intrigued.

Sounds like Kolento's secret warlock:
8PLVm.jpg

Sandwich

Neo Member
Well seems for so late in the game you didnt have defence up.

Well, this is Hearthstone. In this game you don't get to choose what you have and don't have. You can hope and you can try to play strategically. But that doesn't mean you will always have what you want.

So again, why do you ask?

Oh man, I am playing my US account to try get cards before my tournament match and I was going for win number 7. It was really tense. Dude kept spamming WP at the end. He added me after.

iSKbVONL4CinZ.png

I simply pray to the Arena gods daily. They smile on me some days.

Also, Can't seem to remove him from my friends anymore haha. How he took up 6 slots, I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom