• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

Introducing new cards isn't going to change anything as long as they're expensive in terms of dust/gold.

People play Zoolock because it's cheap and effective. It's not even the best deck in the meta, but it's the best deck at its price range.

It's easy and fast too.

Sandwich

Neo Member
I have a question:

I usually play Hearthstone on my PC but I also play a few games on my ipad 2 from time to time. But today I got an Ipad air, which is like 4 times more powerful than my old ipad 2. The game runs much better on the Ipad air except for one thing. I tried practice matches against the AI to see how the game ran and every time I attacked with a minion, the game would stop for 2 seconds. The music and graphics were running during those 2 seconds just fine, but it's as if the minions are stopping mid-attack to think about something, then 2 seconds later they attack. It really ruins the flow/feel of the game. My Ipad 2 didn't have this problem.

Anyone knows what this is all about? Anyone else have this issue?

Also, while on the subject of AI practice matches. I played against a hunter and it still used 2-cost dogs. Way to update your game Blizzard.. :D

I have a question:

I usually play Hearthstone on my PC but I also play a few games on my ipad 2 from time to time. But today I got an Ipad air, which is like 4 times more powerful than my old ipad 2. The game runs much better on the Ipad air except for one thing. I tried practice matches against the AI to see how the game ran and every time I attacked with a minion, the game would stop for 2 seconds. The music and graphics were running during those 2 seconds just fine, but it's as if the minions are stopping mid-attack to think about something, then 2 seconds later they attack. It really ruins the flow/feel of the game. My Ipad 2 didn't have this problem.

Anyone knows what this is all about? Anyone else have this issue?

Also, while on the subject of AI practice matches. I played against a hunter and it still used 2-cost dogs. Way to update your game Blizzard.. :D

I think that is a problem with their servers because it happens sometimes even on my PC in practice mode.

Sandwich

Neo Member
I think that is a problem with their servers because it happens sometimes even on my PC in practice mode.

Hm yeah. I just tried a few rounds in play mode and the game is perfectly smooth there. I guess it's only the practice mode that is affected by this. Which is ok because I usually never play in practice mode anyway. :)

suko_32

WcJmqs4.jpg

A win per Flamestrike so far. I sometimes feel bad for having so many.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Hurray, more dumb plays!

Just played as a Warrior. I have two Frothing Berserkers on the field and a damaged Kor'kron Elite. Huntard opponent plays Buzzard + UTH and drives one of his Hounds into the Elite to kill it and the other two to my face. Berserkers get buffed. I play Armorsmith + Whirlwind to clear his board, gain armor and buff my Berserkers to a point well beyond what I needed for lethal.

He probably insta-conceded, but he had to sit there waiting for all the effects to play out. Poor guy.

I love how with HS you just have create solutions on the fly.

Was playing a rogue who dropped Malygos on me..I had zero minions and he had Maly..He's droping hard hitting shivs on me....ouch...

I drop Sylvanas and Shadow Word Pain (the one that kills 5 attack and above) her on the same turn...8 mana and I get Malygos...Guess it beats a 10 mana Mind Control...

Rogue concedes..lol

mkenyon

Banned
Up to rank 9, down to rank 10

Up to rank 9, down to rank 10
I've noticed that different types of decks excel in other areas. Last month, the deck that got me from 9->5 couldn't get me below 15 initially. Try something a little different based on the meta you're facing.

Kosma

Banned
I've noticed that different types of decks excel in other areas. Last month, the deck that got me from 9->5 couldn't get me below 15 initially. Try something a little different based on the meta you're facing.

I change it up, it does help with current meta

this is how my deck evolved in a week

uaOvtzw.jpg
>>>>>
VQNqrcX.jpg

FStop7

Banned
I just gave up on being creative and went back to Zoo. Instantly shot from Rank 17 to 11. Trying to break single digits this season. I feel like a failure for not being good enough to properly wield Miracle Rogue. I just need more practice.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I got 610 gold whats the best way to get good cards? Arena or card packs?
Do Arena. If you get 50 or more gold from it; do another Arena. If you get more than 50 gold from it again; do Arena again. Get more than 50 gold from it again?; Keep doing Arena and just skip the packs.

Else, just buy packs or save for Naxx.

Special C

Managed to get a Priest Draft where offered zero of either Shadow Words, Still won 6 games with it. Priest is fun in Arena because you can be behind the whole game and still end up winning.

FStop7

Banned
Went to load up a new Arena run only to discover I already had a full Paladin draft already completed but I hadn't actually played any games with it. I think I must have been drunk drafting again on Saturday night. :X Funnily enough I'm 2-0 with it. Maybe I should always draft under the influence.

Sword of Justice is really awesome in Arena, btw.

FeD.nL

Fuck arena.

I thought; nice got a one drop in my opening hand, fucking druid played on his first turn three fucking innervates and then a war golem. And thats why I should stay away from arena.

Violet_0

Banned
Latest match(es):
Warrior vs Rogue, go first, Win
Warrior vs Warlock, go first, Win
Warrior vs Warlock, go first, Win
Warrior vs Warlock, go second, Lose
Warrior vs Mage, go first, Win

remind me to never go second again

Fuck arena.

I thought; nice got a one drop in my opening hand, fucking druid played on his first turn three fucking innervates and then a war golem. And thats why I should stay away from arena.

value hex

iNvid02

i swear something happens when i hit 4 wins in arena, the losing streak begins immediately and it all falls apart. 7 wins is my record so far.

JesseZao

My druid deck:

Currently at rank 9.
I'm think about taking out Nat Pagle and Starfall.although Nat Pagle is awesome removal bait.

I'd replace the twilight drakes with some late game beef or motw/sunfury. Not much synergy and has potential backfire.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I am stuck in 9-12. I feel like the average player cycle is just.

-Tweak deck, get a hang of it and make big push through.
-Run into speed bumps once you get near breaking through your third rank in a row.
-Tweak deck to overcome perceived deficiencies brought up by recent losses.
-Lose a bunch.
-Tweak deck back to close to what it was when you went on your first run up the ranks (not that you can precisely remember it).
-Repeat.

Just pulled King Krush in a pack. Probably going to disenchant and pick something else up since I don't play Hunter anymore and I'm at 1200 right now as far as dust but I'm going feel bad about doing it before watching that awesome entrance. lol

Trying to decide between Cairne or Leeroy now.

FStop7

Banned
I like the idea of every time a Warlock cuts himself (that's how I imagine tapping works, some kind of blood sacrifice) it destroys an opponent's card from his deck.

inky

Till you have no cards in your hand and get to do it for free.

Well, but then you don't draw twice, which is literally the best hero ability in the game =/

Opposite could be something like you and your opponent each draw a card, your opponent loses 2 life instead of you?... Maybe?

Anustart

Become a bit better over the past couple days!

Found a decent attack combo that can devastate if I get several cards. Light pillar, 2 +2 hp cards, hp double card and attack = hp.

All relatively low cost and makes the light pillar hit for 18.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hunter: Deal 1 damage, plus 1 additional damage for each friendly Beast in play, to the enemy Hero.
Warlock: Draw a card, take no damage.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Warlock: -2 Life, your opponent discards a card at random

Sandwich

Neo Member
They could spice things up a bit by giving each class an alternative hero power. Kinda like "going for a different talent tree" in WoW.

For example, the Mage could have a freeze ability that does no damage but makes the targeted minion deal 2 less damage for 1 turn.

The Warrior could have an alternative ability that is aggressive rather than defensive like shield block is. This aggressive ability could spawn a 2/1 weapon or give any currently equipped weapon +1 damage.

The Paladin could give +1 health to a friendly minion at the expense of -1 health to himself.

The druid could give +1 attack to a minion at the expense of -1 health to the same minion.

The Rogue could put a poison on an enemy minion that does 1 damage per turn for 2 turns. The minion also has +1 attack while poisoned (at least for the first round, maybe both rounds is a bit imbalanced).

The Shaman could spawn totems on the enemies side. These totems have random negative effects that screws up the opponent but they also have 1/1 stats so they can be used against the shaman's minions in a kamikaze fashion. One example of a negative effect could be "Deals 1 damage to a friendly minion on its left side once per turn". I say left because when he spawns it, it will appear to the right of all your minions, but any minion you spawn will end up on the right side of it, making those minions immune from being hit. It sounds weird but it's kinda like having the ability to spawn a 1/1 token minion with charge and immunity (because its magical damage, not physical), at the expense of the enemy being able to attack back with it. One other example of a negative effect it could have, is making spells cost 1 more mana. Or minions costing 1 more mana. So which totem you get is random, just like how the normal 3 totems are random.

The Warlock could heal itself, or a minion, for 3-4 health, at the cost of 1 card (that you get to choose, maybe? Or perhaps it should be random).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The classes were designed with the hero powers in mind. It seems like it would be easy to create a new set of alternate hero powers but it's probably a lot more work than you think. A hero power is basically a free card that every class gets access to for the entire game. Something like this can't be swapped out willy nilly, it's a major undertaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom