• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six Fire Elementals? Why not!

LYBU6JL.jpg

I'm actually surprised that I've won as many games as I have since my early game is completely lacking. Heh.

Just pulled a golden Ysera, is it worth it to disenchant and craft another legendary? I would have enough for two and was thinking of crafting Alexstrasza and Leeroy (or Gromm). I have Cairne already as well and am trying to build a control warrior deck.

From the little I've read I haven't seen many decks with Ysera.

Thanks for any advice.

Anustart

Barely squeaked out a win just now. I was down to 3hp, he had 16 and some card in play that was 12/12. And he was whatever class where the hero power is 1/2 weapon so he could plink me for 1 every turn.

I managed to stall that 12/12 card of his long enough for me to kill him with me having 1 hp left.

Edit: What time do quests reset in central time?

Just pulled a golden Ysera, is it worth it to disenchant and craft another legendary? I would have enough for two and was thinking of crafting Alexstrasza and Leeroy (or Gromm). I have Cairne already as well and am trying to build a control warrior deck.

Thanks for any advice.

if your goal is control warrior I'd prioritize grom, alex, sylvanas and geddon over cards like rag or ysera.

control warrior has a ridiculous amount of legendaries.

leeroy is just a good card to have but doesn't really fit well in control warrior.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Thanks for any advice.

Ysera is seriously one of the best legendaries. I wouldn't dust it.

if your goal is control warrior I'd prioritize grom, alex, sylvanas and geddon over cards like rag or ysera.

control warrior has a ridiculous amount of legendaries.

leeroy is just a good card to have but doesn't really fit well in control warrior.

Ysera is seriously one of the best legendaries. I wouldn't dust it.

Thank you both for the advice.

Just played a couple games with Ysera and it seems at least with my rank (only 19), the card seems to be working well. Will probably just craft Gromm for now and save dust for Alex next.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
In the arena, I use Aldor Peacekeeper against a Venture Co Mercenary. My board is filled with a large amount of low damage minions. Feeling pretty boss about that.

But then the priest uses Divine Spirit and Inner Fire.

The fuck, man.

You ruined my totally boss play.

ZZMitch

In the arena, I use Aldor Peacekeeper against a Venture Co Mercenary. My board is filled with a large amount of low damage minions. Feeling pretty boss about that.

But then the priest uses Divine Spirit and Inner Fire.

The fuck, man.

You ruined my totally boss play.

Your play was out-bossed by his play.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
how2win@arena

ibpm2U3OcLvikF.png

Play lots of dudes, play more dudes, keep playing dudes.

I'm bringing it back baby!

Playing around with it tonight in casual and doing surprisingly well. As in I haven't had any losses yet. Since no one runs shadow priest (and hasn't in months, I've yet to see it) I think it really throws people off. Every time I've used it tonight I've seen my opponent hover over my hero ability in what I can only guess is confusion.

Currently it's super strong against the aggro meta... though I fear for the first handlock I run into. I want to get the shadow word deaths in but I'm not sure how I want to do it yet. My first instinct is to get rid of Voodoo doctor... but it's been surprisingly powerful when comboed with Auchenai Soulpriest on turn 5. It's also a great backup heal once you go shadow form to keep lightspawns up.

Holy Fire and Mind Control would likely be good options to switch out... but I feel like Mind Control might actually be a very good choice against handlock so I don't want to get rid of it. Probably Ysera and Holy Fire. Ysera is great but may be a tad too slow. Might remove a shadow madness for Hogger since Hogger + PW:S is always fun.

Card Boy

Banned
Best minion dialogue

Sen'jin Shieldmasta - "Taz'dingo! Ye-e-es!"
Blood Imp - "Do I have to?"
Venture Co. Mercenary - "Y-y-you gotta be KIDDIN' me!" "Heh, how 'you doin'?!" "Not good, not good!"
Raid Leader - "Hit it very hard."

Mostly because i like the way its said.

Best minion dialogue

Sen'jin Shieldmasta - "Taz'dingo! Ye-e-es!"
Blood Imp - "Do I have to?"
Venture Co. Mercenary - "Y-y-you gotta be KIDDIN' me!" "Heh, how 'you doin'?!" "Not good, not good!"
Raid Leader - "Hit it very hard."

Mostly because i like the way its said.

I personally like "Ahaha I live!!"

http://www.hearthhead.com/card=102/defender

Can only hear it if a noble sacrifice survives (which can be accomplished through a few ways. Knife Juggler killing the 1HP minion that attacks you, Sword of Justice buffing the Defender out of death range, having redemption activate on it, etc)

Someone summoned Grommash Hellscream without enraging him, then I used Faceless Manipulator + inner rage to beat his gormmash and end up with a 12/4 minion.
The irony is that i had to waste my gormash on a bloodsail rider with 9 attack earlier, so his gormmash was more useful for me than my own.

Minsc

Gold Member
Anyone have any idea how many active users this game has gotten now? It seems pretty viral.

They announced they had over 10 million accounts prior to the iPad release, and since the iPad release, it has remained around the 10-12th spot for top grossing apps (for an entire month).

Guessing, I'd wager of those 10 million accounts around 1:5 of them are active, and since the iPad launch I'd say another 1 million or more are active there, with a little overlap, so maybe somewhere around 3 million, with a few million more in the waiting for Android/PVE content. I think they could have 5 million active accounts by the end of the year with a few additions (iPhone/Android/more PVE). But hopefully they announce something official.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

Thanks for any advice.

Just to add, this was my first legendary in my control deck and won me countless game. For a deck that can play till the very last card, protect this card and you will always win.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
So is this "closed for maintenance" thing a big update? I haven't been following news on this game.

I'm not sure...there was an hour on Friday evening (or it felt like an hour) where this happened (EU.

So... I'm now rank 23. It doesn't feel like much of an achievement given that I can't lose stars, but I'm still happy with it. Been playing with a Rogue deck and reading up on how to play with Rogue, but getting a bit bored of her . Going to try and build a Priest deck tonight and see what happens. I'd like to try Warlock at some point, but it seems to me you need to be super aggro and that's not really my play style.

Kosma

Banned
Rangod abbandoned me today.

Rogue played Leeroy while I had Juggler out, but only one shot hit Leeroy.

Of course I had lethal next turn but alas :(

Violet_0

Banned
I'd like to try Warlock at some point, but it seems to me you need to be super aggro and that's not really my play style.

you can also play handlock (giants warlock) which is easily the strongest deck at the moment in my opinion. Then again I hate warlocks so don't do that

Just to add, this was my first legendary in my control deck and won me countless game. For a deck that can play till the very last card, protect this card and you will always win.

I like my Ysera but getting the sap three times in a row just kind of sucks

Q8D3vil

Handlock is the most retarded deck in the game right now, it have insane control with giants and insane damage with leeroy combos.
Soul fire need to be nerfed asap, it should works on minions only and make that 3 mana spell work on face instead.

Note: I'm a handlock player.

Minsc

Gold Member
Handlock is the most retarded deck in the game right now, it have insane control with giants and insane damage with leeroy combos.
Soul fire need to be nerfed asap, it should works on minions only and make that 3 mana spell work on face instead.

Note: I'm a handlock player.

As soon as I figure out I'm playing against Handlock (turn 2 or so), it's just all in. They're pretty much the hardest matchup for me, worse than Hunter ever was. I only really have a chance if I have lethal by around turn 5, which takes a really aggressive start (like turn 1 leper gnome / Argent Squire, turn 2 FTT, turn 3 Scarlet Crusader, turn 4 hex/shock their taunt/drake + minion, turn 5 more minions / hex again, turn 6 bloodlust for lethal).

Violet_0

Banned
As soon as I figure out I'm playing against Handlock (turn 2 or so), it's just all in. They're pretty much the hardest matchup for me, worse than Hunter ever was. I only really have a chance if I have lethal by around turn 5.

or you get really lucky with removals. I swear every time I play against handlocks they get the perfect curve of double mountain giants/double molten giants with some drakes thrown in

troushers

Does anyone know if there a competitive deck out there that kills based on causing opponent card draws?

Kind of mulling over what it would involve, but not sure what to look for. Anyone seen anything like it?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Does anyone know if there a competitive deck out there that kills based on causing opponent card draws?

Kind of mulling over what it would involve, but not sure what to look for. Anyone seen anything like it?

There's a version of miracle that can sort of do this with sap/shadowstep+coldlight, but it's not exactly viable to kill an opponent, just burn a lot of their hopefully useful cards. Vanish is the only other bounceback spell that could fill an opponent's hand, but it's tough to pull off such a combo. Otherwise naturalize is about the only other card to draw for an opponent.

I don't think there are too many cards that can make your oponnent draw cards.Only naturalize comes to mind.
Also it's not like MTG or yu gi oh where the running out of cards = losing the game. Here dying after you run out of cards is slow,so your oponent may have enough time to kill you.

or you get really lucky with removals. I swear every time I play against handlocks they get the perfect curve of double mountain giants/double molten giants with some drakes thrown in

Double zero mana Molten Giants and a Defender of Argus... NIGHTMARE. Nothing I can do about it with my Zoo deck.

I have a general questions about cards with battlecry that effects adjacent minions,like defender of argus:
Is it possible to use them in a way that the battlecry affect two minions?
Because new minions are always added to the right,so when a battlecry is activated,there will only be ONE adjacent minion. So why does the text say adjacent minions?

Copenap

I have a general questions about cards with battlecry that effects adjacent minions,like defender of argus:
Because new minions are always added to the right,so when a battlecry is activated,there will only be ONE adjacent minion. So why does the text say adjacent minions?
Dude, I have one big news for you, better sit down. You can put minions where ever you want. I know right. Exception of course are spells that put down minions or hero powers.

But you can decide where to play your minion. You just drag it onto the board where you want it. The only time this isn't true is spells/hero powers that summon minions (Spirit Wolves, Power of the Wild, Summon totem).

(edit) beaten like Priest versus anyone besides priest.

Violet_0

Banned
Double zero mana Molten Giants and a Defender of Argus... NIGHTMARE. Nothing I can do about it with my Zoo deck.

thing is, I can deal with two taunted mountain giants as warrior or shaman. The problem is that I have to get rid of a turn 4 AND turn 5 mountain giant, 8 health twilight drakes, taunted or silenced ancient watchers and repeated board wipes in form of hellfire and shadowflame (dealing up to 10 damage to my entire board) before all that. Zoo should have an somewhat easier time because of it's speed and drawing power (run a Black Knight)

I'm an expert

Dude...dude....

DUDE.

Minion placement is a huge part of the game lol.

Bizazedo

you can also play handlock (giants warlock) which is easily the strongest deck at the moment in my opinion. Then again I hate warlocks so don't do that

I actually have won most of my games versus Handlock with my Control Warrior, but that's because I'm dumb and run two Brawls.

Yes....spam those huge minions, Handlock, do it......

I actually have won most of my games versus Handlock with my Control Warrior, but that's because I'm dumb and run two Brawls.

Yes....spam those huge minions, Handlock, do it......

Oh yes, nothing more satisfying then intentionally beating down the warlock into 10 health range and them flooding the board... then pyromancer equality. Have had a couple hand locks just up and quit right then.

Then again, I've also had a couple handlocks who aren't dumb and will only play one at a time -_- Smart jerks.

Kosma

Banned
Against Handlock go for the face.

If the lock doesnt draws a card at two mana just go for the face and play around hellfire/shadowflame if possible.

Always mulligan for divine shield anyway versus lock.

I play zoolock myself and ideally I have a squire out first, then turn two a sergeant or wolf to buff the squire and kill a minion.

if you see a big drop take it out, this could throw them off before they taunt it, maybe they will try to throw down two more big ones first.

Special C

Speaking of Minion Placement, do spells/hero powers that spawn minions always place them to the right? And what about minions that spawn minions (Violet, Imp master), do they always go to the right of the minion that spawn them or the very right?

Speaking of Minion Placement, do spells/hero powers that spawn minions always place them to the right? And what about minions that spawn minions (Violet, Imp master), do they always go to the right of the minion that spawn them or the very right?

Spell/hero powers are always to the far right. Minions that spawn other minions always do so to right of the minion that spawns them.

But you can decide where to play your minion. You just drag it onto the board where you want it. The only time this isn't true is spells/hero powers that summon minions (Spirit Wolves, Power of the Wild, Summon totem).

(edit) beaten like Priest versus anyone besides priest.

Well,that explains a few things.

J0dy77

I've asked this once before but now I have the dust to craft the card, having a hard time pulling the trigger. Cairne or Bloodmage for legend craft?

I seem to play a lot of Mage and Rogue (not miracle although I might start). Which card is more universal and fits in more decks? Which do you find yourself playing more?

zoukka

i swear something happens when i hit 4 wins in arena, the losing streak begins immediately and it all falls apart. 7 wins is my record so far.

I think Blizz has tuned their matchmaking a lot. At some point it felt like I made a 10+ run per day, but now I'm happy to reach seven wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom