• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips for beating shaman expert AI as warrior? Have only a few neutral taunts and like no AoEs at all. If i get an unlucky starting hand he basically dominates the board and there's nothing i can do. Is it supposed to be this luck based or am i doing it wrong? Im using Trump's basic warrior deck.

Any idea how much gold Naxx is going to cost? maybe 500 each part?

No one knows. In this thread, we've speculated from 250 to 2,000 gold per wing. I personally expect 1,000 and I think the majority believe it to be 500 - 1000. I wouldn't be surprised to see it closer to 1,500 even, but my money is on 1,000. The point of each wing isn't to make it so easy to get into that no one feels like spending real money, so I cannot imagine it being below 1,000 gold.

No one knows. In this thread, we've speculated from 250 to 2,000 gold per wing. I personally expect 1,000 and I think the majority believe it to be 500 - 1000. I wouldn't be surprised to see it closer to 1,500 even, but my money is on 1,000. The point of each wing isn't to make it so easy to get into that no one feels like spending real money, so I cannot imagine it being below 1,000 gold.

Damn, and here I thought I had a bunch of gold at 1100, lol. Oh well time to keep grinding. I was actually holding off on playing arena and just do daily quest until Naxx comes out.

iirate

I don't get why people with 8 legendaries, 13 epics, secrets that mop the floor and whatever other shit are doing at rank 19..... Seriously?

Arena junkies like myself, probably. I have pretty much every card I need and am working on a set of gold legends and I'm rank 19.

Damn, and here I thought I had a bunch of gold at 1100, lol. Oh well time to keep grinding. I was actually holding off on playing arena and just do daily quest until Naxx comes out.

Well, if you figure you can make 300 gold a week pretty easily (7 40-gold quests if not more plus a few random wins/week), and the first wing/week of Nax will be free, you have a bit of an extra buffer there. I'd say if you have 1,000 stocked up by the time the free wing opens you'll be fine by week two, personally.

Any tips for beating shaman expert AI as warrior? Have only a few neutral taunts and like no AoEs at all. If i get an unlucky starting hand he basically dominates the board and there's nothing i can do. Is it supposed to be this luck based or am i doing it wrong? Im using Trump's basic warrior deck.

The CPU puts a priority on removing minions on your board at any cost. They'll make inefficient trades, they'll burn spells, they'll eat damage to the face wrecklessly. Just take advantage of those habits and bait all of their removal, then go for the win.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I just keep running into weird decks.

Had a Hunter play not much of anything, instead just using his hero power all the time and very occasionally playing either a Secret or a single minion. I just played very conservatively to avoid an insane UTH combo, and won without any trouble.

Also ran into a Warlock who played nothing turn 1, then on turn two played Shieldbearer and Soulfire to kill my coined Armorsmith. Then on turn 5, he played Doomguard, which discarded his Arcane Golem and Young Priestess (Golem + Priestess would have been a better play).

Weird stuff, but I guess I broke the rank 12 brick wall.

EDIT:
03tlOTQ.jpg
Thanks, Blood Knight!

Jrmint

Are you clearing his totems or ignoring them and going for the face with your minions? Against Shamans it's very important to keep clearing their board so make sure you prioritize that.

Bizazedo

Anyone know what / if there's a gold cap limit? Only at 2200, but want to ease my mind a bit.

Like Soka, I too expect the PvE to be 1000 gold per wing, but even if it's not, I like to open a lot of packs at once.

Minsc

Gold Member
Anyone know what / if there's a gold cap limit? Only at 2200, but want to ease my mind a bit.

Like Soka, I too expect the PvE to be 1000 gold per wing, but even if it's not, I like to open a lot of packs at once.

There is (well supposed to be) a cap of 20,000 gold, but it is thought that's mainly to prevent people from getting every last card from an expansion set the day it launches without spending real money.

Iryx

I hit Legend today, rank 2 was the big wall for me, got promoted and demoted several times before I pushed through. I was pretty frustrating at times, don't think i will bother trying to get it next season.
Played a pretty standard Zoolock, and it's pretty fun except for the times when Soulfire or Doomguard discard screw you over.

Does it say random?, I don't have it yet, nut every other card I have used that says random can target stealth minions

It's not random, it's targetted. Ravenholdt is stealthed.

They probably had a brain fart on that, and there was no way to take it back (normally if a targetted ability has a target, it gives you a chance to cancel the card placement, not so if there isn't anything to use it on)

Violet_0

Banned
Does it say random?, I don't have it yet, nut every other card I have used that says random can target stealth minions

nah his ability is targeted

if this turns out to be to true I'll be terribly depressed. Only saved up 500 gold so far ╥﹏╥

curse the temptation of buying 100g packs

It's not random, it's targetted. Ravenholdt is stealthed.

They probably had a brain fart on that, and there was no way to take it back (normally if a targetted ability has a target, it gives you a chance to cancel the card placement, not so if there isn't anything to use it on)
Yeah, that's what I expected if it wouldn't have worked. Weird oversight.

Are there any guides anywhere that break down, for each class, the common strategies and themes that you see when playing as or against that particular class? Also are they any guides that do a detailed analysis of each card, strategies / combos that are useful with the card, and other factors to consider when playing a card?

Sandwich

Neo Member
Hehe just hit a priest that had 28 health left in the face with a twilight drake that was 33/33. Never had a minion that large before.

Ashodin

gooooooooooddamn I just straight annihilated this Control Shaman. He was down to 11 HP on Turn 4. He setup the perfect protection of Wolves, then I topdecked Thalnos (I LOVE U THALNOS) and blasted Consecration to wipe his whole board. Fuck that was gross

Me and my opponent are apperently stuck in Limbo, he can't play his card,but his turn never ends either.

Is it a practice game? Happened to me 3 times in a row last night before I gave up and quit. Very annoying. I couldn't even Concede, the only way to end the match was to exit to Desktop then come back in.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Are there any guides anywhere that break down, for each class, the common strategies and themes that you see when playing as or against that particular class? Also are they any guides that do a detailed analysis of each card, strategies / combos that are useful with the card, and other factors to consider when playing a card?

go to hearthpwn. You can see individual card pages with some info and look at deck lists by class. Some have very detailed FAQs about the cards and their synergies, some not. Watch streams.

Has Blizzard made any comment about whether or not replays are planned for the future? I did some searches and all I find are people asking for the feature. Should I take this to mean they have made no comment about whether or not replays will come in the future?

Me and my opponent are apperently stuck in Limbo, he can't play his card,but his turn never ends either.

Basically this is a bug where your client desyncs with the server. The only way to fix it is to close and restart fast enough to reconnect to your game.

I had it happen to me yesterday. It was weird cause my opponent was about to play a card, it revealed the card for a moment, but then just hung upside down. I recognized that it was probably this very glitch so I exited immediately and reconnected to win the game against the despised warlock.

Has Blizzard made any comment about whether or not replays are planned for the future? I did some searches and all I find are people asking for the feature. Should I take this to mean they have made no comment about whether or not replays will come in the future?

Much is unknown about future features. They have hinted at a lot of things but never officially announced much beyond adventure mode and future expansions. One thing I think they hinted on or at least what people would like to see is a spectator mode with chat amongst spectators. This could be amazing for tournaments, assuming they build in a time delay for broadcasting the matches and have in game commentary like dota2 allows. I am sure this is a pretty complicated thing to do with a small team though and will probably take forever, even if they are working on it. They still have multiple platforms to port/release on.

mxgt

Banned
Just started playing again after missing a few months, climbing through the ladder as mage...

That hand. Based Antonidas.

Also landed a triple fireball with a Sorcerer's Apprentice and Thalnos on the field. Always fun!

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes, I feel this game is just trying to fuck me over on everything.

Lose to Priest because he Thoughtstole my Jenkins
Lose to Priest because he Thoughtstole + Coin + My Raganaros
Lose to Priest because he Thoughtstole my Ysera
Lose to Warrior because all my late-game cards are in the bottom 8 cards of my deck
Lose to Rogue who bursts me from 40+ health in one turn
Lose to Druid because turn 1 Argent Squire + Coin + Innervate + Blood Knight
Etc.

Ugh.
Back at the brick wall again.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Priest probably has the worst class cards in the game, no need to complain about one of their decent ones

At the moment, Priest early game is:

"Did I draw Northshire Cleric?

Yes -> I might actually win this game
No -> Welp"

I'd like to see that power level distributed more evenly across cards so they can achieve a consistent early game consistency, rather than frontloading it all onto Cleric.

Hero

Priest probably has the worst class cards in the game, no need to complain about one of their decent ones

No -> Welp"

I'd like to see that power level distributed more evenly across cards so they can achieve a consistent early game consistency, rather than frontloading it all onto Cleric.

Exactly. Priest just needs some buffs through other cards. Loading everything onto NC is just poor design. Just played a priest as a paladin where he went turn 1 NC turn 2 NC. What the shit am I supposed to do? Not play anything for 4 turns?

Kosma

Banned
Ashodin, which rank are you with thw shockadin?

Sometimes, I feel this game is just trying to fuck me over on everything.

Lose to Priest because he Thoughtstole my Jenkins
Lose to Priest because he Thoughtstole + Coin + My Raganaros
Lose to Priest because he Thoughtstole my Ysera
Lose to Warrior because all my late-game cards are in the bottom 8 cards of my deck
Lose to Rogue who bursts me from 40+ health in one turn
Lose to Druid because turn 1 Argent Squire + Coin + Innervate + Blood Knight
Etc.

Ugh.
Back at the brick wall again.

Im at the wall at rank 8. Last season I think I hit 7 and then fell off.

Dunno if its rangod or me.

Arena is going ok but not amazing, 8 runs this month and a 5.88 win average so far. Not really making bank on it. It is very tense and fun though.

No -> Welp"

More often it is needing to draw the right combo early enough. For example, northshire, coin, blademaster, circle of healing is perhaps the best turn 3 play in the game. Or just having auchenai+circle at the right time. Wild pyro + powerword shield, coin, etc.. Most decks have stopped using cleric as a turn 1 stall.

Haly

Cleric is good for card draw.

Not to mention it stops half of Zoolock's T1 plays.

Kosma

Banned
I usually deal with cleric by

Imp
Squire+Abusive sarge
Soulfire

Unless he shields it, but then you could still imp/sarge

Haly

Eating up a Deadly Poison'd Dagger is a good thing. Rogue uses up 1.5 mana and one of their best removal cards against your 1 mana on a turn you usually spend doing nothing.

Fiery Waraxe, less so, but I wouldn't Cleric against a Warrior anyway.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
If someone turn 1 clerics I basically know I won.

Also, update, at 840 gold now after 9 days. Didn't play that much last week so not bad,

Finally fought a mill deck! Mukla, oracle, vanish. Awesome to see someone playing it seriously.

FStop7

Banned
I don't think I have ever once seen Kidnapper played in a game of HS. I think I still have the card, actually. It was the first epic I ever got. Then I quickly learned how shitty it is. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom