• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
But did they play kidnapper too?

Negative, it was mostly Mukla -> Oracle -> Sap/Shadowstep then a Vanish a turn or two later, then Brewmaster the Mukla and repeat. What sucks is I was on an alt Pally deck just playing casual, I would have loved to try playing it with my main deck. What also sucks is I totally played around it and had lethal on board, and he top decks a Leeroy when I'm at 6. So technically the milling didn't really affect the game at all, it was basically like playing a miracle rogue drawing their deck, and then I just lost to draw rng.

I don't think I have ever once seen Kidnapper played in a game of HS. I think I still have the card, actually. It was the first epic I ever got. Then I quickly learned how shitty it is. :/

I saw it played in arena once and I couldn't believe it. Then I got my first one a week later. Bleh.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Hm, been stuck at the card draw of a new game for a half an hour now. Can't concede, closed the game multiple times. Always reconnects to the dead game lol.

johnsmith

remember me
Just played what I could only describe as a midrange warlock. I can honestly say I've never seen that before. Stampeding kodos and yetis.

Alrus

Top Decking just the card you need to win the game when you're about to lose is the best feeling.

Just played what I could only describe as a midrange warlock. I can honestly say I've never seen that before. Stampeding kodos and yetis.

I have a Yeti in my Warlock deck because I don't have anything better to use right now >.> I've been saving money and decided I wouldn't buy any deck/play arena until I reach a certain gold treshold. Don't have anything worthwhile to dust either (fucked up early on and didn't focus on building a single decent deck at first so I wasted a lot of dust on "useless" stuff).

New player here, the only other card game I've played is order & chaos duels which I really like and helped me learn the whole card game biz. It helped me grasp hearthstone pretty well. Still a complete beginner though. I don't really have any great pulls from the 2 expert packs I earned, just a couple of rare cards. I really need to learn about the whole crafting thing and see what are must have cards through that.

Has there been any updates for the game and new cards added? Even like basic minion cards? I figure with the popularity this game will have many updates.

Anyways just thought I'd say hi and I'll probably be in this thread a good bit asking and reading about tips.

Kidnapper should be a yeti or at least a 4/4. I'd play it then. Maybe lower to 5cc as well.

The stats are so bad.

I feel like Kidnapper and Master of Disguise are good utility cards and can be useful, but because they're expensive minions they'll never be good in any variety of rogue deck just due to their mana cost and being unable to synergize with gadgetzan or preparation

Ashodin

GOOOOOOOOODDDAMNnNNNNNN LOL

Facing down some crazy shit from Hunter after he wiped my board, but he's near death. I just need some way of doing face damage. All I have is two Equalities and a Divine Favor, and he has a massive hand.

So what do I do? I Divine Favor.

Then I draw the best thing fucking ever as a part of the draws: Bluegill Warrior + Blessing of Might. Fucking GODDDAMMNNN

N4SbMhS.png

Running the Shockadin deck. Second game I played I played a mirror deck. Went second and ended up winning. Was a long game. Just went up against a Zoolock and held onto my Consecrate for that turn eight Leeroy+Consecrate combo. I didn't like the deck very much at first, but it seems legit.

Ashodin

Running the Shockadin deck. Second game I played I played a mirror deck. Went second and ended up winning. Was a long game. Just went up against a Zoolock and held onto my Consecrate for that turn eight Leeroy+Consecrate combo. I didn't like the deck very much at first, but it seems legit.

It's CRAZY BRO

johnsmith

remember me
Played a guy using Kolento's miracle warlock deck. He had lethal, IF one of his soulfires hadn't discarded the one he needed for lethal out of a full hand. I can just imagine him smashing his keyboard.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Woo, hit rank 3 finally.

Why are people playing this paladin shockadin deck? It's just a crappier version of zoo.

Faster than Zoo, and punishes big hands (Handlock, Miracle) with Divine Favor.

In card games, it's usually best to be a little slower than the deck you're facing, or a lot faster. Shockadin is the "a lot faster" answer to Miracle Rogue.

I'm an expert

Oh no, I wasn't hating on you. I posted a few pages back that deck interested me. Just that you keep posting like ooooohhhh dis deckkkkkkk but clearly the win rate is rough. Still, I'm sure it's fun to play. I've faced a few today too.

Ashodin

Oh no, I wasn't hating on you. I posted a few pages back that deck interested me. Just that you keep posting like ooooohhhh dis deckkkkkkk but clearly the win rate is rough. Still, I'm sure it's fun to play. I've faced a few today too.

Nah you're wrong. I was stalling at 12 with zoo lock and my own Paladin deck until finding out about Shockadin. Now I can climb higher!

LOL a Shaman just had a 0/2 minion out as his only minion, and he used Crazed Alchemist to swap the attack and health. Insta-Killed him, and he immediately resigned.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just opened my iPack.

Got a Legendary and an Epic!

Nozdormu #2 and Kidnapper lel

KiranB

Neo Member
Hey everyone... first post! Been playing HS for about a month and have admittedly bought in to a couple of $50 purchases for cards :)

Tried Shockadin last night and went 0-9 with it. I just couldn't either find a balance between board control vs. hitting the face.

1. Running out of cards: biggest problem. Divine favor should ideally solve this, but for some reason in 7 of 9 games, I hardly ever drew it when I needed it.

2. Replenishing creatures. There were several times where I had just puny 1/1's on the board. Felt I was Arya trying to strike down The Mount with her "needle".

3. Dead cards in hand. Useless if I have no decent creatures out.

Sad to say I need to either heavily modify this deck to my needs (maybe add a few heavy hitters: Cairne, etc) or just retire it.

My losses were specifically against 3 Druids, 2 Warlocks and 1 Mage. I was able to overwhelm the Mage during the beginning but her creatures later (+ mass damage spells to clear my board) were just too :|

Just started playing tonight, and since all I've been doing for the past year is playing League I'm kind of wary of just following deck builds. When is it appropriate to start trying to build my own decks?

I probably shouldn't even be worrying about this at this point, I've only just gotten the mage to level 10.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Just started playing tonight, and since all I've been doing for the past year is playing League I'm kind of wary of just following deck builds. When is it appropriate to start trying to build my own decks?

I probably shouldn't even be worrying about this at this point, I've only just gotten the mage to level 10.

I'm only rank 19 so others here probably have more insight, but I build my own already. I've used a few articles to give me tips, but I enjoy the deck building / iterating.

Violet_0

Banned

debuffs minions, resets Questing Adventurer or Van Cleef or Unbound Elemental but doesn't get rid of things like deathrattle or the Auctioneer ability. It's a mini-silence

Miracle Shaman incoming btw. Leerory + 2 Rebirth is already 18 damage without Rockbiter, Flametounge or windfurry

Card Boy

Banned
alot of the cards i have seen from Curse look OP to me. They need to have a beta test for them, if they are then the beta testers or blizzard are not doing a good job.

Kosma

Banned
Wish they would hurry up with Naxx, this teasing is getting hard.

I wonder if Naxx will have a storyline, that would be so nice. Playing Hearthstone has really made me want to install wow again to go sightseeing.

Was on a 13 hour bustrip yesterday btw and I didnt have internet or anything so I read all the flavour texts of all the cards in hearthpedia -_-

Copenap

Kidnapper should be a yeti or at least a 4/4. I'd play it then. Maybe lower to 5cc as well.

The stats are so bad.
Or at least remove the combo criterion. The card is already too expensive with bad stats for it to require also a combo.

PS: The new Shaman card sounds pretty interesting. 2 mana Mindcontrol when played with Sylvanas, Handlocks am cry.

Or at least remove the combo criterion. The card is already too expensive with bad stats for it to require also a combo.

PS: The new Shaman card sounds pretty interesting. 2 mana Mindcontrol when played with Sylvanas, Handlocks am cry.

How do you know it's a shaman card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom