• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Miracle Rogues go wild.

Someone mentioned this a few posts back (I think that poster saw it live on Twitch), but here is the YouTube version of it.

I laughed the first time I saw someone shadowstep a mana addict too. I lost that game in exactly the same fashion, but yeah, you need to have both conceal and gadgetzan drawn and if amaz had circle of healing or anything that gave extra damage for lethal that turn then the rogue would've lost.

Losing a mana addict + gadgetzan + conceal setup to a soulpriest + circle combo or a flamestrike is the worst feeling, because that and your leeroy combo were the only two ways you were going to win the game and if you fail one you probably won't get a chance to try the plan B. I think that's why combo pieces like malygos or van cleef are more common, because they can't be bursted down with AOE while under conceal via raw damage.

Relatively new player. Just went up against a Paladin at rank 18 who had the craziest shit. Maybe there's a common name for this deck, but he kept using these 0/7 Minions with Taunt, then hitting Inner Fire, and putting down Lay on Hands and attack buffing units. All by turn 4. How do I even go up against this as mage? I mean by the 4th turn he had two 7/7 units out already.

Relatively new player. Just went up against a Paladin at rank 18 who had the craziest shit. Maybe there's a common name for this deck, but he kept using these 0/7 Minions with Taunt, then hitting Inner Fire, and putting down Lay on Hands and attack buffing units. All by turn 4. How do I even go up against this as mage? I mean by the 3rd turn he had two 7/7 units out already.

Polymorph or a silence.

Copenap

Relatively new player. Just went up against a Paladin at rank 18 who had the craziest shit. Maybe there's a common name for this deck, but he kept using these 0/7 Minions with Taunt, then hitting Inner Fire, and putting down Lay on Hands and attack buffing units. All by turn 4. How do I even go up against this as mage? I mean by the 4th turn he had two 7/7 units out already.
Pretty rough to play against a Paladin with Priest cards who's also playing 8 mana cards on turn 4 ;)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just think, if Blizzard had never nerfed the gimmicky Warrior OTK, it wouldn't be the top tier control deck it is today.

Alur

Came back after a long layoff (about the time the game went to open beta) two days ago. I figure I'll log in, see what's new, spend the gold I accumulated on packs because I had no intention of playing again...

The last pack gives me a golden Prophet Velen. On the one hand this is awesome! On the other hand, Velen...really? Can't complain too much though, it's my first golden legendary and at bare minimum it'll be 1600 dust if I need it.

This rank 15 to rank 13 stretch was pretty strange. I lost two games going from 25 to 13, and then proceeded to go 8-13 while dropping back to rank 15. I used the zoolock deck to rank up to begin with, but it's control deck after control deck (mainly watcher Druid/Warrior control/some Paladin decks I don't recognize/and two handlock losses) and I just don't have the decision making after being out so long to reliably win enough to keep ranking against those decks with it. I finally swapped to a cheap dust token druid deck I found online and promptly went 8-2 and got back up to rank 12.

TLDR: logged in for giggles, got sucked back in chasing card backs

I have hit only one miracle Rogue, one mirror zoolock, and two handlocks. How much farther up will I have to get before that is all I see?

Szadek

9P6L4TV.jpg
Turn 3 Ragnaros is awesome.

Violet_0

Banned
currently maintaining a 90% winrate over 20 games in causal over the last two days, heh. My shaman is eating up all those aggro mages and ramp druids and miracle rogues

Kosma

Banned
Last few packs have been like this. Its a sign!

Ps: paladin is so lame zzzz same goes for priest. Next time ill just reroll quests

Finished an Arena run and got Sylvanas from a pack.

Start a new Arena run 30 seconds later and Sylvanas is my pick out of a choice of three Legendaries for my first card of the new deck.

It is a sign.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Finished an Arena run and got Sylvanas from a pack.

Start a new Arena run 30 seconds later and Sylvanas is my pick out of a choice of three Legendaries for my first card of the new deck.

It is a sign.

I think it's my favorite legendary for swinging a game. Sylv+brawl, shield slam, fireball, lava burst, whatever has won me a lot.

Bizazedo

I think it's my favorite legendary for swinging a game. Sylv+brawl, shield slam, fireball, lava burst, whatever has won me a lot.

I hope I'm not the only Warrior player who realized during a match at a bad time that...no, you can't execute a friendly minion.

As it relates to the quoted, though, 100% agree. Baiting out / having Sylvanas out with a Brawl in hand and watching the opponent flood the board as a kneejerk reaction to Sylvanas is delicious.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking about Sylvanas: Just had another hilarious match.

Priest used Thoughtsteal on turn 3 and began spamming 'thank you'. I just continued to play as normal and put out my Berserker. Turn 5, he coins out my Cairne while spamming 'thank you'. I play Sylvanas and ignore his Cairne. Turn 6, he plays his own Cairne and attacks me to the face with the one already on the board. I take down one Cairne, play Whirlwind and drive Sylvanas into Baine to steal his second Cairne. 'Thank you'.

He played his own Sylvanas on his turn, but it didn't matter. Taskmaster on Cairne, another Whirlwind, then finish it off with my buffed Berserker and Fiery Win Axe. I made sure to spam a whole lot of 'Thanks'.

EDIT:

Man, it never fails to amuse me how many people just can't properly deal with Armorsmith. Just played against a Mage who attacked everything on my board, but did nothing about my Armorsmith. It eventually became a topdeck-battle, and by the time he/she had finally dealt with my Armorsmith, I had 35 armor and 30 health vs. his/her 3 health. Then I topdeck Ysera. Ysera Awakens then won me the game by bypassing Sunwalker.

Alrus

I now immediately squelch people who spam emotes in a trollish way. You got the perfect combo, fine, no need to be a dick about it.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I hope I'm not the only Warrior player who realized during a match at a bad time that...no, you can't execute a friendly minion.

As it relates to the quoted, though, 100% agree. Baiting out / having Sylvanas out with a Brawl in hand and watching the opponent flood the board as a kneejerk reaction to Sylvanas is delicious.

Haha, I definitely realized it said ENEMY minion a bit late too.

I now immediately squelch people who spam emotes in a trollish way. You got the perfect combo, fine, no need to be a dick about it.

#rekt

CradleOfMan

Neo Member
This. 2nd thank you for the same play gets you squelched. More than 3 in total, the same. We then both know you're being a dick.

frequency

If I remember to, I will always squelch as the first thing I do and just pretend I'm playing against AI.

Too many jerks (which is generally why I don't like PvP games). Squelched, I can just play without worrying about that and they can spam their emotes and enjoy their behaviour by themselves.

Special C

I suck at Zoo so bad. It's supposed to be an easy deck to play and I consider myself a decent player. I don't even really want to play it, but sometimes I need to do Warlock for Quests and Handlock is too expensive.

Should I EVER use doomguard with a card in my hand?

Violet_0

Banned
as Shaman:
w/l ratio vs Warlocks
with coin 75%/25% without coin 38%/62%
w/l ratio vs Paladins
with coin 89%/11% without coin 33%/67%

hm ...

I'm an expert

I suck at Zoo so bad. It's supposed to be an easy deck to play and I consider myself a decent player. I don't even really want to play it, but sometimes I need to do Warlock for Quests and Handlock is too expensive.

Should I EVER use doomguard with a card in my hand?

It's not an easy deck, you can make a lot of mistakes when choosing placement, how you trade up, what you buff, when you tap, how you discard, etc. Yes, of course, there are times you use doomguard with cards in your hand. Doomguard is one of your most important cards. If you can, watch a zoo stream of someone like Reynad or Kolento or Trump and I'm sure you'll see how they play it totally differently than you think it should be.

Minsc

Gold Member

Well, now there's something you don't see everyday. A hunter with no UTHs is a sad, sad hunter.

I guess if you're going to dream, dream big. I could have used the Bloodlust on the prior turn with 4 minions on the board, but that wouldn't have won the game. It was a needed win though, ranked is no cakewalk any more, I think I lost the last 4 or 5 games before this one.

SteveWD40

If I remember to, I will always squelch as the first thing I do and just pretend I'm playing against AI.

Too many jerks (which is generally why I don't like PvP games). Squelched, I can just play without worrying about that and they can spam their emotes and enjoy their behaviour by themselves.

I do it out of habit now the second I can, too many dicks. I wish they could see they were squelched as well, would frustrate them no end I am sure.

I would like to see some sort of spell that gives your hero the "strike back" effect that minions have when they are attacked, e.g. when a minion attacks you it would be dealt your weapon's damage.

Would kinda help against double Leeroys, no?

Fits both the warrior as well as Hunter I reckon.

I'm an expert

I hope no one squelches me when we play.. they have to know I'm bodying them..

I would like to see some sort of spell that gives your hero the "strike back" effect that minions have when they are attacked, e.g. when a minion attacks you it would be dealt your weapon's damage.

Pally has a secret that does this.

PsionBolt

Neat idea. If one of your own minions hits you (because of Misdirection) while you have an attack value, you damage it. So all they'd need to do for that to work is have a weapon that stays "open" during your opponent's turn.

Neat idea. If one of your own minions hits you (because of Misdirection) while you have an attack value, you damage it. So all they'd need to do for that to work is have a weapon that stays "open" during your opponent's turn.

Yeah, would work well as a weapon I guess, a 4 cost 3/4 with "Whenever a minion attacks your hero, the minion is dealt your weapon's damage and this loses 1 durability."

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I just rushed down a Zoolock with my Warrior. Thanks, Blood Knight, Frothing Berserker, Whirlwind and Fiery Win Axe!

Alrus

The usual Zoolock deck has nothing to deal with stealth, some warlock played a turn one Young Priestress/Blood Imp and it was kind of annoying to deal with.

I also really need some Defender of Argus, time to dust some cards I don't use.

JesseZao

The usual Zoolock deck has nothing to deal with stealth, some warlock played a turn one Young Priestress/Blood Imp and it was kind of annoying to deal with.

I also really need some Defender of Argus, time to dust some cards I don't use.

I like to run at least one hellfire.

Pretty rough to play against a Paladin with Priest cards who's also playing 8 mana cards on turn 4 ;)

Yea it was actually a Priest, lol. And it was Gurubashi Berserker and Mogushan Warden that he was playing. I guess he just got really lucky and had 1-2 of each, plus 2 Inner Fires within the first 4-5 turns. He Coined the warden on turn 4.

Sandwich

Neo Member
Um.. I just watched that video you guys linked to of "Amaz" playing against that miracle rogue.

Then I check out his latest video of him playing against a druid. And at the bottom of that video there is a list of people who have donated and it says that "Xixio" has donated 1 million dollars?

Is this real or what's that about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom