• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

Um.. I just watched that video you guys linked to of "Amaz" playing against that miracle rogue.

Then I check out his latest video of him playing against a druid. And at the bottom of that video there is a list of people who have donated and it says that "Xixio" has donated 1 million dollars?

Is this real or what's that about?

Not real. His top donation says 10 bucks. I think there was a person who "donated" thousands to some streamers a few months ago, but it was fake. Not sure how it's spiofed, but they weren't actual transactions.

Violet_0

Banned
wouldn't shadowflame be more useful than hellfire in zoo? Unless you have no minions left you, you get the same or stronger effect (especially with power overwhelming) without wiping out your own board

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yeah...no......

Edit: wait is this because of kolentos stream lol

Violet_0

Banned
having played a the few games against these decks I can say that shock paladin is worse than face mage (mainly because of divine favor). I'd still rather face either of those than yet another zoo warlock

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Wait what? When a friendly minion attacks your Hero due to Misdirection, it will be damaged by the equipped weapon? WTF is this shit?

when it's your turn and you have a weapon equipped your attack value is active. so you're the same as any other minion with an attack value. you'll notice your weapon gets covered up when it's not your turn.

Q8D3vil

Yeah...no......

Edit: wait is this because of kolentos stream lol

I just saw that he is playing mage but its a different build, the one i saw is very similar to face hunter where mage just stall with mirror image and attack your face with charge minions or leper gnome.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I don't think I've ever been "stalled" by mirror image to receive that much damage.

I'm an expert

Turn 1: Mana wyrm, coin, mirror image.
Turn 2: Apprentice, mirror image

I've seen this way too many times.

Yeah, me too, and deal with it all the time. That's why I don't get why all of a sudden this is unbeatable. It's just like a rogue defias opener.. it's cute.. but doesn't really do anything. Unless your mulligan and draws are the absolute worst possible.

If you think those openings are bad...

mana wyrm
turn 2 coin, kirin tor mage, secret (mirror image or counterspell)

2/3 + 4/3 on board, with a secret and you have 3 mana to respond.

Turn 3 the mage can drop apprentice + mirror image + frost bolt + ice lance. (maybe limited by cards lol)

Tally up the damage... 4 (kt mage) + 3 (fb) + 4 (icelance) + 5 (mana wyrm) = 16 damage

2 damage from mana wyrm the previous round, plus more damage if you dropped a non-taunt minion that was mirror imaged.

You're down to 12 hp, turn 4, they have 2 taunts + 3 minions and 12 damage on the board. Turn 4!

Special C

Turn 1: Mana wyrm, coin, mirror image.
Turn 2: Apprentice, mirror image

I've seen this way too many times.

I had an Arena opening like this once.

T1: Mana Wyrm,
T2 Mana Wyrm, Mana Wyrm, Coin, Arcane Missiles
T3 Frost Bolt, Arcane Missiles

Killed 2 minions with the spells and had 3 4/3 worms vs a clear board.

Ashodin

Level 43 Paladin!

Consecration.gif

yisssssss

Up to rank 12 with my trashcan mage deck full of arena leavings. four rares, no epics, no legendaries. It was at 15 last time I did ranked a week ago so I guess the lower ranks are even softer now that more people are higher up on the ladder.

Running into a lot of Priest.

How many games did it take him to hit legend?

I think I read it took him 36 hours, but I think that might include the time it took him to get the cards as well.

Some have said it doesn't mean anything if you earn your cards, but idc. If someone has the mental vitality to play 36 hours in a single month, earning all his cards, and not paying a dime and still hitting legendary with one of the weaker classes, I think that says enough.

I think I read it took him 36 hours, but I think that might include the time it took him to get the cards as well.

It was a new account but I thought that he was using donations from viewers at one point (including when he opened the ragnaros) to get cards. I might be wrong about that.

Still props for hard work and a fun streamer.

I wish all you people would stop with the Priests. I went from Rank 13 to Rank 6 in about 4/5 hours with my Shaman build. And then... I went to sleep... and Priests. Priests everywhere.

I'm an expert

So first legendary and it's fucking Gruul. Disenchant him, right?

Play him a few times for fun. If it's your first leg it won't hurt any deck you'll throw him in. Unless that 400 dust is gonna get you to a crucial card.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
This is the first and only time I'll say this and keep in mind I'm a level 10 scrub but Rag is ridiculously OP. So obnoxious for people who don't spam Minions too. Oh well, just need to earn some more dust to craft him myself and take advantage.

Violet_0

Banned
^ most games you'll never get Rag out (or he dies immediately). He's mostly there for control matches

watched Amaz open 160 packs after getting to legendary with his F2P priest. One legendary every 16 packs, there you have it folks

Alrus

Amaz has been playing Priest forever though, I don't see why people suddenly decided to play one now.

Also, do streamers get money based on their viewer count or is it just donation? If it's based on viewercount people like Amaz, Trump or Reynad must be making a decent living considering the numbers they usually pull. (Reynad looks so bored whenever he plays though, it's kind of a chore to watch)

Just had a priest use Holy Fire with a Soul Priest up and pretty much killed themselves with it. Don't see why you would ever do that.

Auchenai confuse a lot of people. I've seen a priest use circle of healing with it to clear the board then immediately kill his soulpriest trying to heal it.

Violet_0

Banned
Amaz has been playing Priest forever though, I don't see why people suddenly decided to play one now.

One priest player got to #2 in EU last season and another guy was #2 in NA a short while ago, they're all the rage now. The power of Velen mindblast

Auchenai confuse a lot of people. I've seen a priest use circle of healing with it to clear the board then immediately kill his soulpriest trying to heal it.

Yeah, that's fair. They should probably change the text to "All of your healing effects," or something of the sort. Right now it just says cards and powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom