• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

Okay one more for Warrior, his own Giant!

iXDTKEc.png

Alur

A weapon with Poison, balanced?

4 for a complete removal is better than the 4 for polymorph for example. Plus it's for a class that already has a bunch of removal. Still neat, though. Maybe a bit OP. Plus the art you found looks damn good.

553dfbb4.png

Lava Lash, spreading flame shock like a disease for enhancement since I forget when.

IceMarker

4 for a complete removal is better than the 4 for polymorph for example. Plus it's for a class that already has a bunch of removal. Still neat, though. Maybe a bit OP. Plus the art you found looks damn good.

Yes, but you are still taking the damage like any other weapon as well as being affected by taunts, but on the flipside you can combine it with weapon enhancing cards before burning it. And thanks!

I decided to throw all of my cards so far into an album, which I'll add more in as I go. (If you guys are cool with it I'll make an album of everyone else into a compilation of sorts.)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/t/hFtX4ikL.png

Well played! Needs cleaner art though.

Alur

Someone else made this one, but I thought it was neat. It'd be nice to have more than one ability to swap around for certain decks. This one would be insane, though.

ksdUSWB.png

It's people like you who make us facerollers cry. How am I supposed to get my zoo inside that wall?

As a Zoo, I was able to make a Wall of Taunts once. Used Defender of Argus on an Argent Squire and a Harvest Golem. The golem gets taken out and now it's a Damaged Golem. I buff the golem with a Shattered Sun Cleric, drop another Defender of Argus in between the Golem and the first Defender, then throw in a Voidwalker. My opponent concedes immediately. It was great.

Minsc

Gold Member
Ain't got Lord Jaraxxus, got everything else.

Handlock generally prefers Alexstrasza over Jaraxxus, you can use it to do 15 damage instead of heal, and isn't susceptible to Jones/Ooze, as well as putting an 8/8 creature on the board (for the 5th time probably) they have to deal with once again (and probably spent their BGHs/hard removal on all the other giants).

bunbun777

Hit rank 5 tonight, so far so good. Undefeated so far in the gaf tourney as well, that has been a lot of fun, I highly recommend it whenever the next one is.

Copenap

Ain't got Lord Jaraxxus, got everything else.

Handlock generally prefers Alexstrasza over Jaraxxus, you can use it to do 15 damage instead of heal, and isn't susceptible to Jones/Ooze, as well as putting an 8/8 creature on the board (for the 5th time probably) they have to deal with once again (and probably spent their BGHs/hard removal on all the other giants).
The currently preferred handlock deck isn't using either of them if that hasn't changed in the last couple of days.

Tarazet

- Double brawl weapon warrior aggro (sounds bad, in practice it's good) , see http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/57571-legend-t8-weapons-warrior
- Face Warlock - http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=48555/legend-16hp-must-be-safe-warlock
Shockadin Paladin (charge minions, hard counters taunt walls with equality)
Face Hunter

Those are all total beatdown decks.

What rank are you? Some decks (like the warrior aggro decks) are much worse at rank 5 and below.

I haven't been doing the ladder much at all, just quests when I had the opportunity to play Druid or Zoo. So around 15. If I have to use Zoo to grind my way up the ladder and switch to Aggro Warrior I probably just won't do it.

Violet_0

Banned
I was thinking about how they could fix the priest's 4 power minions problem and I couldn't come up with a unique or clever solution that fits the class. Another "Destroy minion with power > x <" spell is just lame, reducing power or health is a Paladin thing and they already have a (rather overpriced) 5 damage removal

Minsc

Gold Member
I was thinking about how they could fix the priest's 4 power minions problem and I couldn't come up with a unique or clever solution that fits the class. Another "Destroy minion with power > x <" spell is just lame, reducing power or health is a Paladin thing and they already have a (rather overpriced) 5 damage removal

Just have a minion that has an aura effect of reducing all minions attack by 1. Or make it a spell that cycles, "reduce the attack power of all minions by 1 and draw a card" and make it cost 3. I think since it is not setting a minion to 1 attack, it would be unique enough, especially if it is an aura effect not a battle cry (sort of like a reverse timber wolf).

I haven't been doing the ladder much at all, just quests when I had the opportunity to play Druid or Zoo. So around 15. If I have to use Zoo to grind my way up the ladder and switch to Aggro Warrior I probably just won't do it.

Tempo Rogue is a great choice up through rank 3-4 or so. It plays fast, has an insanely good Zoo/aggro deck matchup, and generally crushes the random stuff you see at lower ranks. People will mulligan for miracle against you and will get run over when they keep slow, removal-light hands. As a bonus, super cheap to build.

Bleeether

Okay so i was streaming some Hearthstone today, i had one viewer watching me play some ranked matches when all of a sudden my viewer count jumps to 200 (peaks at almost 600) people and my chat explodes. I soon find out that a really popular streamer that goes by the name of AppleJacked decided to do a good deed for the day and raid a new streamer (lucky me). For the next half hour, my follower notification blows up and i reach 258 followers! Wow, what a cool guy. It was so surreal.

I was so surprised and nervous that i initially couldn't even play the game haha, but i eventually pulled myself together and went 8-3 in arena and pulled a legendary on my first Arena. Here is a link to my reaction when all this happened.

http://www.twitch.tv/bleether/c/4352991

Wanted to create a thread but don't have the permission. Hope it is okay to post this here as it is Hearthstone related.

IqXH3ApE.png

I like the idea of 4 Attack minions being a deadzone for Priests, so rather than give them a way to deal with them directly,maybe finding a way to mitigate their damage through healing would be more fun. I feel like this gives a minor combo with Light Warden too, but doesn't make things insane (via Northshire Cleric) since it only would heal your hero.

I'm not sure if this card is overpowered or underpowered as-is. It's difficult for me to see a card's viability without being able to play it in actual matches. I'm worried it's too slow of a card to see any use. All hypothetical of course.

Minsc

Gold Member
Saw this post on Blizzard's forums and felt it illustrates really just how ridiculous Auctioneer is:

Turn 5

Auctioneer played, coin, conceal, prep, fan, prep, shiv, backstab, backstab.

That is as much as they can draw in 1 turn, but im using extremes here to demonstrate the stupidity.

So if you tally that up, for 6 mana, they have a stealthed 4/4 that gives them a card each time they have play a spell on the board likely to attack for 12 next turn and re-stealth (drawing them 3 cards in the process) amongst other cycling, and just drew 10 additional cards from their deck (this is turn 5), and in the process did 1-2 damage AoE, 1-2 targeted damaged, and an additional 2-3 targeted damage twice over (of course they should probably think about playing the backstabs first). And they drew up to an additional 10 cards (which maybe they'd want to think about throttling back to 8 or 9 perhaps to avoid burning draws).

It's your turn 6. Good luck, because you'll need it!

VAacnhF.gif

edit: wait you can't use it with leeroy because secrets don't proc on your turn. so the best way to use it would be to play something they can't ignore.

So if you tally that up, for 6 mana, they have a stealthed 4/4 that gives them a card each time they have play a spell on the board likely to attack for 12 next turn and re-stealth (drawing them 3 cards in the process) amongst other cycling, and just drew 10 additional cards from their deck (this is turn 5), and in the process did 1-2 damage AoE, 1-2 targeted damaged, and an additional 2-3 targeted damage twice over (of course they should probably think about playing the backstabs first). And they drew up to an additional 10 cards (which maybe they'd want to think about throttling back to 8 or 9 perhaps to avoid burning draws).

This is my favorite Miracle Rogue turn. It is obviously "the dream" situation in terms of what he had on the board, but still, damn.

VAacnhF.gif

edit: wait you can't use it with leeroy because secrets don't proc on your turn. so the best way to use it would be to play something they can't ignore.

Just use Leeroy anyway. Hit them in the face for 6. They have to kill him. Then hit them in the face for 12 (Leeroy x 2) the next turn.

Special C

I really hope they are doing regular adventure mode/expansions if they are focusing this one soly on deathrattle. All we will see is deathrattle decks for a long time.

Ikael

If onl.y...

Z4g4yr7g.png

Obviously self-made card, but by God I would love to see Starcraft trown into Hearthstone for good measure

The only thing I can think of that can counter this card is using leeroy and then killing one of the whelps(well,that and flare).
And even then you have to know this is the secret your opponent played. This card is way too overpowered.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Turn 7: Secret + Leeroy
Turn 8: Leeroy + Leeroy

Huehuehuehe

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think it's that bad, it's a very narrow Arcane Intellect (lose one card, draw two). that requires you to commit only one creature to the board at a time. This isn't how Mage plays at all (currently anyway, who knows what my change with the expansion?), since they want to build up board state for the eventual Flamestrike clear.

Raxus

That card is crazy. What happens if you faceless a rag and duplicate it? Do you get two rags when it dies?

I dunno about this card, especially after the Tinkmaster Nerf.

The flip side is if you know the card is played you can Leeroy and kill off a 1/1 whelp.

The only place I can see this card working is in a deck where you play minions that your opponent both has to kill but really doesn't want to kill, i.e. some kind of hyperaggressive aggro deck full of charge minions and powerful battlecries/deathrattles backed up with burn to seal the deal once the taunts are up.

In arena I would not play this card. The tempo loss is just too great.

Saw this post on Blizzard's forums and felt it illustrates really just how ridiculous Auctioneer is:

How can you do fan then backstab twice? All of the enemy minions would be hit so you couldn't backstab them. You'd only be able to BS your own minion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom