• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Paladin vs Paladin, we've been trading with empty hands for four rounds straight, I eventually have lethal on board and none of the common cards like Truesilver, Argent Commander, King's, Consecrate etc. would have saved him.
Scumbag topdicks Deathwing and I draw a 2/3. Likely his only out besides Rag and Tyrion. What a load of shit.

TomServo

Went on a streak, going from no stars at rank 11 to one star into rank 8. I think I might be done for the season.

Lots of windfury in this pack, but Faceless Manipulator redeemed it - I didn't have one (started playing w/ iPad launch, have only spent $20).

hcfiR6J.jpg

Violet_0

Banned
turn 9 - opponent has 18 life and one mirror image. I have 16 something armor. Rag, then value shield slam!
turn 10 - Grom + whirlwind kekeke

Got a golden captain greenskin. It doesn't look like a very good card.
Should I dust it for a better non golden legendary?

Some warlock actually used void terror against my priest. Yeah, it's a great idea to replace three minions for one when you play against a hero that can take control of your minions...
He probably would have won otherwise.

TP17

Got a new personal best arena run of 10 wins today! I was 10-1 and dreaming big but the search for 12 goes on. Previous best was 8.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Is there an algorithm in this game that guarantees you always get your three most expensive minions before any of your five taunts when playing netdeck rush warlock? Maybe the reason I've seen that deck 8/9 times today is because of this undocumented effect on the opponent's card draws.

Alur

I hate Shaman. I hate the Overload mechanic.

I'm always torn. That's mainly what I played in beta and it's either the greatest thing or the worst, usually both in the same game (and that's from both perspectives as well, playing as or playing against). I still feel like it's just a tad too restrictive when it comes to making shaman accessible to the majority of players.

inky

I hate Shaman. I hate the Overload mechanic.

Shammy is one of my favs, but yes, overload is pretty damn bad. Like, Forked Lightning and Lava Burst have no business being 2 overload imo. Cleave is 2 for 2, Fireball is 6 for 4.

The others are OK I guess. Spirit Wolves is OP.

Raxus

I hate shamans too but they are never too difficult to play against since I crush them almost instantly after they waste their last hex and Harrison Jones helps a TON. But there still are some strong shaman decks out there

Vio-Lence

Banned
Is there an algorithm in this game that guarantees you always get your three most expensive minions before any of your five taunts when playing netdeck rush warlock? Maybe the reason I've seen that deck 8/9 times today is because of this undocumented effect on the opponent's card draws.

maybe you need to evaluate the way you constructed your deck in an aggressive meta if you're having the same problem game after game.

I think the best counter to zoolock is early removal then later on, midgame, drop some taunts and bigger minions.

If the zoolock doesn't have an amazing start with me having little to no removal or they don't pull some crazy soulfire and turn 5 doomguard, I win the vast majority against them. Playing as druid. My rogue rolls them harder, but I haven't played rogue much this season.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Miracle, hand lock, and watcher druid or ramp are good versus zoo in my experience. The problem is if zoo draws well it can win games in 5 to 6 turns.

The Hearthstone app/game needs some new features - like a way to create a new deck from an existing deck. Basic things like this are sorely missed and needed. Starting new decks from scratch is a PITA and makes me not want to experiment on my iPad. Also, we need more than 9 slots.

SentryDown

Each season, I'm climbing a bit higher : Ferbuary 14, March 11, April 9 and May 7. I could maybe hit legend in August or September !

aebba01582.png

Agraavan

I just got a King Krush as my first Legendary. Should I disenchant or hold on to it, because (a) he can be of any use in some decks or (b) he can be nerfed/buffed and I get full value out of it?

I just got a King Krush as my first Legendary. Should I disenchant or hold on to it, because (a) he can be of any use in some decks or (b) he can be nerfed/buffed and I get full value out of it?

Disenchant. I don't ever see that card being adjusted, and it's just not very good

If it isn't gold forged i would hang onto it. Not worth dusting for 400 unless you really need a blood knight or faceless manipulator or some purple weapon for your class. You never know if he might get adjusted or not. If king krush became an 8 mana for 8-8 charge that would be pretty bad ass in my book

Your first legendary?

Keep it. Why not? I would only disenchant if I knew I was getting something better not too long afterwards.

Red Comet

I just played a guy who had 3 golden legendaries in his deck. How much money would you have to pump into the game for that? I can't even get a single fucking Leroy Jenkins.

FStop7

Banned
All day long I've bounced between ranks 10 - 13. I can't get back into 10. I'm stopping at 11 until the reset.

Been enjoying Diablo since the updates and was thinking about digging up my WC3 battle chest. Blizzard seems to have taken over all of my gaming interests.

Alur

Tapped out at rank 7 for this season.

Playing strictly Control Warrior.

Gonna climb it ASAP this next season.

I stopped at 10 myself after yo-yoing once again. I feel like Oscar has the idea, though.

Feels like more (serious) people playing in the final days of the season trying to rank up after procrastinating. I think getting a jump early to mid season would be probably be the easiest way. No science to back that thought up though, just felt like the closer we got to deadline the more cookie cutter/counteractive the competition got.

NBtoaster

Hopefully with the start of the season and with no real ranks people will try more fun decks instead of trying to immediatedly zoo their way to the top.

edit: lol nevermind, very first deck I face is zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom