• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdman02

With all the talk of potential nerfs to Miracle Rogue, I'm pretty happy with the golden Auctioneer I just pulled from a random pack. He'll look great in my miracle deck. But if he does get nerfed before/instead of Leeroy, the 800 free dust will help ease the pain a bit.

It seems like having a good opening hand is way way important right now, even for control classes, because of how strong a lot of aggro/early game decks are. If I don't get a piece of removal in my opening hand or draw one before turn 4 my chances of winning decrease dramatically

It seems like having a good opening hand is way way important right now, even for control classes, because of how strong a lot of aggro/early game decks are. If I don't get a piece of removal in my opening hand or draw one before turn 4 my chances of winning decrease dramatically

Its always important. Even vs midrange and control decks, control wants certain cards to come up. I've rolled people over in my midrange rogue deck because they don't play anything on the first 2-3 turns, not even playing aggressively.

Removal is so plentiful in this game though so it shouldn't be hard getting at least one in your mulligan.

With all the talk of potential nerfs to Miracle Rogue, I'm pretty happy with the golden Auctioneer I just pulled from a random pack. He'll look great in my miracle deck. But if he does get nerfed before/instead of Leeroy, the 800 free dust will help ease the pain a bit.

I don't think miracle rogue should be nerfed. Some people just want control decks to dominate and thus any burst combos that beat control decks are "OP". Plus I think handlock is way way stronger than miracle rogue personally, and I still don't think handlock needs a nerf despite that. But imagine handlock if you couldn't hover him around 14-15 hp and combo him down... it would be a deck with like a 90% winrate. We'd be facing the old handlock again that runs both jaraxxus and alexstrasza.

It is smart to save your auctioneer just in case though.

cheezcake

I don't think miracle rogue should be nerfed. Some people just want control decks to dominate and thus any burst combos that beat control decks are "OP". Plus I think handlock is way way stronger than miracle rogue personally, and I still don't think handlock needs a nerf despite that. But imagine handlock if you couldn't hover him around 14-15 hp and combo him down... it would be a deck with like a 90% winrate. We'd be facing the old handlock again that runs both jaraxxus and alexstrasza.

It is smart to save your auctioneer just in case though.

I think it was Trump who suggested making Auctioneer a legendary, which I think is a pretty reasonable way to nerf miracle rogue without destroying its feasibility or completely changing the meta

I think it would be cool if auctioneer lost 1 hp every time he drew a card.

I like this idea better than the other potential nerfs. Making his health the "currency" he uses to bid on his cards kinda makes sense. Or maybe a random amount of health per card draw, making it more of a gamble.

What should I craft: Ragnaros,Ysera or Alexstrasza?
I understand Leeory and Cairne are great,but they are boring IMO.
I need a card that can be useful in many kinds of decks,since it's probably the last legendary i'll be able to craft in quite a while(unless i get another golden crappy legendary).

What's the point of power overwhelming giving an health bonus to the minion? The minion is going to die anyway when the turn ends.

I need a card that can be useful in many kinds of decks,since it's probably the last legendary i'll be able to craft in quite a while(unless i get another golden crappy legendary).

Also,what's the point of power overwhelming giving an health bonus to the minion? The minion is going to die anyway when the turn ends.

Leeroy is probably the most useful and most applicable in a variety of decks, and if you're only crafting one legendary it's going to have to be Leeroy, as the control decks that make the best use of slow legendaries like Rag or Ysera would need a ton of other legendaries/expensive cards to complete, while Leeroy could viably be the only legendary.

Power overwhelming giving health to a minion lets you viably hit something with it and still be able to shadowflame it, or for synergy with void terror or windfury, but usually none of these things happen.

Also,what's the point of power overwhelming giving an health bonus to the minion? The minion is going to die anyway when the turn ends.

I use Power Overwhelming when I need that burst DPS for lethal or to get rid of a big body/ taunt. I use it on a minion that's weaker than whatever else I have out, or something that's already served its purpose (Abusive Sergeant, Argent Squire with no shield, Blood Imp). This way I don't have to trade one of my big bodies like Doomguard or lose a card if I decide to use Soulfire.

Violet_0

Banned

Rag, Leeroy and Cairne are hands down the best legendaries to craft. Can't go wrong with either of those
Alex, Sylvanas, Thalnos, Black Knight are good supplementary legendaries in many decks
Ysera doesn't really get a lot of play at the moment

inky

First day of Season 3 and my wife (beginner) runs into a Golden Mage in Casual... Why?

How many matches does she have? It could be the case that the game is still trying to place her behind the scenes. Or maybe the person with a golden Mage is not that good. Hey, you get it for playing a lot, not for being amazing ;P

Zechs

How many matches does she have? It could be the case that the game is still trying to place her behind the scenes. Or maybe the person with a golden Mage is not that good. Hey, you get it for playing a lot, not for being amazing ;P

Yeah I see. I guess the initial shock threw me off lol, he sucks.

Yeah,theoretically you can get a golden hero without ever getting past rank 20.

Minsc

Gold Member
dWoSuVa.jpg

Our next card back for the month of June (reaching rank 20). Probably going to be my favorite one for a while!

That golden Auctioneer is only worth 100.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm saving duplicates of all Miracle cards waiting for the inevitable nerf.

Could probably make an extra 200-300 dust.

FStop7

Banned

The dream is for it to be converted to legendary. I'll take my 6400 dust and run.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Man, I really hope to hear something about pricing for Naxxramas soon. I haven't been hoarding my gold because there's still tons of cards I want and I also haven't spent any real money recently because Naxx is coming up.

Kenaras

Man, I really hope to hear something about pricing for Naxxramas soon. I haven't been hoarding my gold because there's still tons of cards I want and I also haven't spent any real money recently because Naxx is coming up.

I keep hoarding up gold, then spending it all in a moment of weakness. At least the last time I did it I ended up with my first golden legendary. (Al'Akir.)

There are actually more decks overloaded to beat aggro decks than there are actual aggro decks on the ladder right now. Pretty funny situation.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Man, Priest is actually quite good in arena. I wonder why they don't get hyped as much as mages? Their hero power works really well for the minion trading game that happens so much in arena.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Man, Priest is actually quite good in arena. I wonder why they don't get hyped as much as mages? Their hero power works really well for the minion trading game that happens so much in arena.

Bad minions.

Certain commons in Mage/Paladin/Druid/Shaman are disgusting in multiples, whereas in Priest it can be kind of a liability.

Seeing this mana addict rogue build everywhere-someone must be streaming it. It's not bad.

ViviOggi

Priest is great when you have board control but you're likely fucked once you fall behind, whereas Mages have the best board clear in the game.

ViviOggi

100% standard Zoo opening, I clear the board and make a 10/10 Edwin on four knowing he has no efficient way of dealing with it - he topdecks an Owl. Fucking low ranks

€: Sorry for dp

johnsmith

remember me
This game, man. Sometimes I do so bad in arena, my last run was 1-3. I got 2 early losses on the run after that, including a crazy loss to a super aggro warlock that played mana wraith AND summoning portal to counteract it. Yet I went on and pulled my 3rd 12 win arena win this week anyway.

ViviOggi

I think I'll give Shockadin a shot too, trying to play Handlock and Miracle at rank 17 makes my blood boil. Too much random crap happening for decks that heavily rely on anticipating the enemy's moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom