• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

Curious how much gold you'd sit on if they dated the ~150 card expansion to releasing in around ~3 months, and said they were selling expansion only packs for 100g a pack (and none of the expansion cards could be obtained from crafting regular/core cards in to dust). Figure someone willing to save 3000+ gold for a PVE adventure probably will save a decent number for an expansion too.

Once they give a date for the expansion, I'll probably stop spending gold entirely myself, until it hits. I'm also around 3000 gold myself, and probably will continue to save until they say what the PVE will cost.

Well, I also have most of the normal cards already. That helps a lot. I don't have them all (no Hungry Crab or any Ice Blocks, amusingly), but still have most of the cards and pretty much every useful Legendary already. 2990 gold and 3220 dust stocked. I'm okay with going a bit longer without Lorewalker Cho, Millhouse Manastorm, or Nozdormu, fun though they could be.

It also helps that I've grown to despise opening one pack at a time and enjoy a bare minimum of 10 at a time.

That being said, if I had maybe half the cards I have now? No way I'd have been able to stockpile. Far too impatient.

That's going to hurt Blizzard the most, the longer they wait, the easier it is to stockpile cards and as a result, gold.

[edit] To directly answer your question? 4k gold.

Violet_0

Banned
the other legendary in Naxx is pretty much going to be Kel'Thuzad, isn't it? I mean, he could also be the final boss of the set, but it'd be such a wasted opportunity to not make him a card

Alur

the other legendary in Naxx is pretty much going to be Kel'Thuzad, isn't it? I mean, he could also be the final boss of the set, but it'd be such a wasted opportunity to not make him a card

I would love it. I hope you're right (about him being a card).

JesseZao

I didn't read the strategy on that page, but I suppose they're ideally looking to cash in some mana debt midgame and start the burndown to lethal. Still seems like a win more card, but it can be useful vs aggro.

IceMarker

EDIT: Okay okay, here's the real card! Everyone is a Leper Gnome! [Album]

IcVA8EO.png

Gimme the one from BC. The purple hammer.

27055.jpg

Faerilna's The Widow's Embrace would be perfect for this expansion if they are looking for something Naxx flavored. You were the shit back in pre-BC days if you were trotting around with one of those on your Paladin.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That windfury totem seems kind of bad, though. Pretty high chance of it landing on a friendly totem, and very easy to kill or deal with the minion that gets buffed since it's the end of the turn. Compared to the windfury card itself, quite weak.

Change it to 5 mana, and then give it a battlecry that gives adjacent minions windfury. Now we're talking!

That windfury totem seems kind of bad, though. Pretty high chance of it landing on a friendly totem, and very easy to kill or deal with the minion that gets buffed since it's the end of the turn. Compared to the windfury card itself, quite weak.

Change it to 5 mana, and then give it a battlecry that gives adjacent minions windfury. Now we're talking!

Change it to 5 mana and give it a persistent "Adjacent minions gain Windfury" buff and we're really talking.

johnsmith

remember me
I think I'm finally really close to being able to play infinite arenas. I've been averaging about 3 plays per day for the last week and haven't dropped below 1k (the amount I'm saving for nax). Started at around 1300, and i'm at 1200 now.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Change it to 5 mana and give it a persistent "Adjacent minions gain Windfury" buff and we're really talking.

That's pretty crazy though. Man the damage you could get with that one, sheesh. That's kind of why I suggested making it a battlecry instead.

Frenden

Banned
Is anyone else experiencing horrendous lag? Every action seems to take twice as long as it should.

I've played on four different computers and multiple OSes. I'm trying to determine if it's something to do with my network setup or par for the course at the start of the new season.

johnsmith

remember me
Is anyone else experiencing horrendous lag? Every action seems to take twice as long as it should.

I've played on four different computers and multiple OSes. I'm trying to determine if it's something to do with my network setup or par for the course at the start of the new season.

Nope, played for hours tonight on NA, didn't notice any lag.

Am I crazy for wanting to spend my dust on gold commons and rares for my zoo deck instead of legendaries?

IceMarker

Bummer to hit 60, I miss getting my little experience-bar boost and my golds.
Man, my highest class is 27 and the climb is already pretty slow.

Well, even giving a 0 attack minion windfury would be useful if you have Flametounge, Bloodlust, Rockbiter, etc.

Tash

The author hasn't posted on Reddit in over a month, either. Project is probably dead. ;\

I'll probably be cutting over to HearthStats since it looks like it's alive and well.

A shame :(
Did it track automatically or did you have to track yourself like with the HearthStats thing? I was hoping for an automatical tracker..kinda surprised Blizz didn't add an actual community with your own stats etc..

I beat a guy and he sent a friend request and he is being totally cool and we're talking about decks and he's not calling me names or anything.

Is this really the internet? I don't even know how to process this.

ViviOggi

Did it track automatically or did you have to track yourself like with the HearthStats thing? I was hoping for an automatical tracker..kinda surprised Blizz didn't add an actual community with your own stats etc..

Tracked almost everything automatically. HearthStats has an auto uploader you can download but it got borked for me after an update so I made the switch to Tracker a few weeks ago...

And yeah at this point it's pretty ridiculous that we have to rely on image recognition tools instead of Blizz implementing proper stat functionality. And a spectator mode. And replays.

Tash

I beat a guy and he sent a friend request and he is being totally cool and we're talking about decks and he's not calling me names or anything.

Is this really the internet? I don't even know how to process this.

I've actually have that happen a lot.
Also yesterday, I was trying out a new deck in play mode and this rogue had lethal for about 6 rounds (I was at 1 hp all that time) but he just kept playing until I Pyroed him to his face (felt bad about that..). Was quite obvious he just wanted me to get some experience :p

I also had a really annoying fight against a priest.
I had one card in hand and he had one card in hand.
No minions on board, I have Faceless Manipulator in hand.
He plays Thoughtsteal and gets my Ragnaros and a Sheep (which I don't know at that point)..

I draw Ragnaros and play it.
He sheeps it. I draw another Manipulator
He playes Ragnaros and blasts me to my face.
I copy (my) Ragnaros and blast him to his face.
He heals up then his (my) Ragnaros blasts mine.
I copy his/my Ragnaros and blast him to the face
He draws and gets mind control and takes over my ragnaros...
Two ragnaros blasting away at my face :p

CradleOfMan

Neo Member
Auctioneer
Cold Blood
Cold Blood
Backstab
Preperation
Shiv
Backstab
Preperation
Fan of Knives
Conceal

ahhhhhh

Ah, the dream.
Shock Paladin took you down 3 times in a row before that right?
Probably my skills, but man that happened far too seldom for me to stick with miracle. I never got the feel for the right time to combo. Tempo rogue on the other hand is just my style for ladder climbing.

Violet_0

Banned
so hey I almost lost to a miracle rogue that actually went afk for 3 turns if it wasn't for the Kor'Kron Elite I topdecked. Talk about non-interaction

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, I feel bad for this Handlock I just beat with Token Druid. He had a damaged Yeti, a damaged Watcher and a damaged Earthen Ring Farseer on the field. I only had an Imp. I play Leeroy, Swipe on his Face and Innervate + Savage Roar and get him down to 1 health. I had Keeper of the Grove in my hand to kill him next turn through any taunts. He plays ERF to heal to 4, plonks down a Mountain Giant, two Molten Giants and a Sunfury Protector. He killed Leeroy with his damaged Farseer, but then ignored the Imp and went for my face.

Big mistake.

Naturalize on one of the Molten Giants, Silence the other one with Keeper of the Grove, then Hero Power + Claw for three damage to his face and then finished it off with the Imp.

Never leave stuff on the board when you can kill it and still have lethal next turn, no matter how small of a threat it seems to you.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Not dead, just not as good as they were because it is based primarily on building a large board with a lot of tokens, and that doesn't work with Consecration/Equality/Avenging Wrath. And using your Hero Power to kill their one health drops will only get you killed faster.

I was playing it for a quest in casual.

de1irium

Hearthstone Tracker is automatic. HearthStats has an auto-tracker as well, though it's not as well developed as Hearthstone Tracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom