• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Dammit, trying to play this.. but I forgot my Battle.net password.. as I thought I'd had set it up years ago.. turns out I made the one with my current e-mail for the Diablo 3 beta.

I set up the stupidest security question.. and can't remember the freaking answer.

It locks out your IP after too many attempts...

anyone know a direct e-mail for Blizzard so I can try to get this unlocked?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
https://us.battle.net/account/support/login-support.html

if you need to call them you may need to fax/email them a photo id.

for future reference, setup SMS recovery on the account. Worst case scenario is my authenticator on my iphone becomes invalid and I lose my password, I believe I can just do an SMS recovery and still be fine.

edit -

When you can't log in, you can receive texts on your phone that can:
* Unlock your Battle.net account
* Remove a lost authenticator
* Recover your account name
* Approve a password reset

NervousXtian

Yeah, a bit late for that...

I seriously thought the account was older than it was.. so I tried all my really old passwords... locked it.. and why I chose "childhood hero" is beyond me.

I have no clue what the fuck I put as that answer.

isny

napkin dispenser

for future reference, setup SMS recovery on the account. Worst case scenario is my authenticator on my iphone becomes invalid and I lose my password, I believe I can just do an SMS recovery and still be fine.

edit -

You don't need to call anymore. You can resolve most issues with live chat instead.

edit -

That sounds better than potentially losing your account forever tbh.

I hope steam has something similar to this cause I have the email protection on and I no longer have access to the email since my phone changed.

NervousXtian

Any help on finding live chat? I can't seem to find anything that will get me to an e-mail or chat.

nevermind.. found it.

ShinNL

Wow, I'm having quite a lot of fun with randomly constructed decks :D

Just make a new deck and press okay to let the game auto fill the deck with 30 cards. I'm getting super crazy cards haha. Magma Rager + Redemption lol, it's so silly.

FStop7

Banned
Yeah, a bit late for that...

I seriously thought the account was older than it was.. so I tried all my really old passwords... locked it.. and why I chose "childhood hero" is beyond me.

I have no clue what the fuck I put as that answer.

Batman

The answer to that question is always Batman

mkenyon

Banned
Let me preface this with saying that the only reason I have come to this, is because I need more variety in my Druid decks that still do well enough in ranked to count towards 500 games. I want that Golden Hero. Anyway, having fun with this the past two days:

TEoihD3.png

I've been using an aggro Paladin build I found online and supposedly the guy who built it (from DKMR) uses it in Legendary but I can't seem to get past rank 15 with it (actually fell to rank 17 with it today). I'm starting to think it's just not good enough.

Other than hunters and druids, what are some valid builds for higher level play that don't require a super high cost to build? I only have two legendaries (Nat Pagle and Leeroy Jenkins). I have about 800 spare dust to use.

scy

The cheapest deck that is often seen in high ranks is going to be some variation of Warlock Zoo.

That said, being stuck in Ranks 10-25 is mostly about your play and not necessarily the deck.

The cheapest deck that is often seen in high ranks is going to be some variation of Warlock Zoo.

That said, being stuck in Ranks 10-25 is mostly about your play and not necessarily the deck.

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I need to step away from the Pally for a bit and try something else..And I've gotten my ass kicked by these Murloc aggro locks...I don't want to try that, but a lock sounds like a good start..

I just have no idea what the fuck I'm doing wrong when I lose with the pally..It just seems I get bad card draws, always have to go first, and end up getting overwhelmed with taunt characters or characters that build health/attack...But on the flipside, I doubt when I lost 7 in a row that was all bad luck.

But then sometimes I just kick ass...Beat a hunter in 6 turns this afternoon...Still feel like it's the deck's fault, or ultimately, other decks/characters are just better equipped to win...

Minsc

Gold Member
Priest vs Priest matchups are definitely the weirdest ones I ever play... Thoughtstealing each other's Rags so he makes 4 appearances (or maybe even 5) in a single game with not enough shadow word deaths to go around, so there was some tense Rag vs Rag blindfold contests going on. I even got a third thoughtsteal from his deck with my thoughtsteal. Yseras showing up as well, though we each only got one out. Then all the +health craziness and everything else from cabal, pagle, shadow madness + youthful brewmaster and so on. About the only Priest staple that didn't show up was mind controlling the same minion back and forth. Oh and you can't forget milling the other player destroying multiple cards because they had multiple northshire clerics out as well by healing their minion just to have them see their drawn cards vanish away.

NervousXtian

Batman

The answer to that question is always Batman

I tried that.. ha. It wasn't Batman.

Apparently also my Dad isn't my hero either, nor is Jesus, Satan, Randy Johnson, Michael Jordan, Wolverine, and/or Abraham Lincoln.

I also tried all 3 stooges and quite a few Smurfs names. nadda.

Live chat guy never did tell me the answer, but he kindly reset my password and unlocked the account.

Kind of wish the bastard didn't unlock it.. just spent like 3hrs straight playing the game.

I tried that.. ha. It wasn't Batman.

Apparently also my Dad isn't my hero either, nor is Jesus, Satan, Randy Johnson, Michael Jordan, Wolverine, and/or Abraham Lincoln.

I also tried all 3 stooges and quite a few Smurfs names. nadda.

Live chat guy never did tell me the answer, but he kindly reset my password and unlocked the account.

Kind of wish the bastard didn't unlock it.. just spent like 3hrs straight playing the game.

This is fairly obvious, but did you try Joe Pesci? I guess not since you had to resort to a password reset :D

Cystm

Priest vs Priest matchups are definitely the weirdest ones I ever play... Thoughtstealing each other's Rags so he makes 4 appearances (or maybe even 5) in a single game with not enough shadow word deaths to go around, so there was some tense Rag vs Rag blindfold contests going on. I even got a third thoughtsteal from his deck with my thoughtsteal. Yseras showing up as well, though we each only got one out. Then all the +health craziness and everything else from cabal, pagle, shadow madness + youthful brewmaster and so on. About the only Priest staple that didn't show up was mind controlling the same minion back and forth. Oh and you can't forget milling the other player destroying multiple cards because they had multiple northshire clerics out as well by healing their minion just to have them see their drawn cards vanish away.

Five years later, your match was over.

Ahahahaha.

Just came back on a Warlock as a Shaman with 1 life in arena for 4+ turns. HE CAN SUCK IT.

ANDDDDDDD, Arena run cut short by Battle.net service outage, WONDERFUL.

Tarazet

I got Lorewalker Cho yesterday and put him into a Warlock murloc rush deck with only one spell (Soulfire). The double takes and ensuing fumbling are priceless.

I got Lorewalker Cho yesterday and put him into a Warlock murloc rush deck with only one spell (Soulfire). The double takes and ensuing fumbling are priceless.

I've been wanting to try him in a rogue deck and load it with cheap spells like shiv, sap, and stuff like that, but I'll probably just dust him if I ever do get him.

Tarazet

I've been wanting to try him in a rogue deck and load it with cheap spells like shiv, sap, and stuff like that, but I'll probably just dust him if I ever do get him.

My thinking was that he was best as insurance against removal spells. You can either play him early to try to get one of the premium removal spells like Heroic Strike, or drop him when you have a few minions to try to snipe a Consecration/Holy Nova or what have you. I would never use him in a spell-heavy deck.

My thinking was that he was best as insurance against removal spells. You can either play him early to try to get one of the premium removal spells like Heroic Strike, or drop him when you have a few minions to try to snipe a Consecration/Holy Nova or what have you. I would never use him in a spell-heavy deck.

The goal of my deck would be to fill their hand with cards and then start using sap/vanish/kidnapper as a removal since minions returned to a full hand just die. I'd also throw in some cold light oracles to help that happen. Decks that rely on specific cards can lose hard when those cards fizzle away due to card draw.

Plus I give them shivs over and over because they'll be forced to or tempted to use it, making their hand filled very fast since shiv just cycles itself. If they ever have a full hand and I use vanish as a board clear, that'd hilarious enough justifying everything lol

I guess another could be something to do with paladin's divine favor to get big card draw.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So Big Game Hunter doesn't destroy a minion with 7 or more health if it's stealthed? That's stupid.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So Big Game Hunter doesn't destroy a minion with 7 or more health if it's stealthed? That's stupid.

It's 7 or more Attack, although it wouldn't work anyway because BGH requires you to select a target. The only way it would go through stealth is if it said "Destroy a random enemy minion with 7 or more attack."

scy

To add to that, BGH's effect is a requirement. If you have a 7+ Attack minion in play and your opponent does not, your BGH will be required to murder it if you play him. You can play him with no valid targets without issue but if there is a valid target, regardless of side, his Battlecry is required to trigger.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
It's 7 or more Attack, although it wouldn't work anyway because BGH requires you to select a target. The only way it would go through stealth is if it said "Destroy a random enemy minion with 7 or more attack."

Sorry, I meant attack, not health. My opponent had a 7/5 stealthed creature and Big Game Hunter didn't destroy it.

To add to that, BGH's effect is a requirement. If you have a 7+ Attack minion in play and your opponent does not, your BGH will be required to murder it if you play him. You can play him with no valid targets without issue but if there is a valid target, regardless of side, his Battlecry is required to trigger.

I noticed that - although you can just not play him until your opponent does have a 7+ attack (if you do try to play him, the game still allows you to bring him back from the field to your hand).

JesseZao

Sorry, I meant attack, not health. My opponent had a 7/5 stealthed creature and Big Game Hunter didn't destroy it.

I noticed that - although you can just not play him until your opponent does have a 7+ attack (if you do try to play him, the game still allows you to bring him back from the field to your hand).

You have to be able to target it like they said.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
You say this because the stealthed creature isn't on your side. That 0/1 stealth mob that gives a point of life to a random ally minion always pisses me off when the opponent drops it.

Minsc

Gold Member
Nothing says justice quite like bringing a Priest to 1 health by hitting them to the face with their own Ysera the turn after you Mind Control it (right after you top deck your Shadow Word Death for their Rag the turn before), followed by finishing off their last point of health with their own Holy Nova, which you Thought Stealed from them lol.

TimeKillr

Nothing says justice quite like bringing a Priest to 1 health by hitting them to the face with their own Ysera the turn after you Mind Control it (right after you top deck your Shadow Word Death for their Rag the turn before), followed by finishing off their last point of health with their own Holy Nova, which you Thought Stealed from them lol.

I had a Priest mirror match yesterday where we seemingly both thoughtstole 2 Mind Controls off each other.

That resulted in 4 turns of MCing the same 10/10 The Black Knight. It was hilarious.

Therion

So are there different rules for stealthed friendly minions? I've played Houndmaster on my stealthed tigers many times, and it seems to be the same wording as BGH.

Razorwind

Is it possible to do well in games by intentionally leaving out big cards like rag/yseera and other legendaries?

Heck, is it possible to deck up to prevent get pwned by such big cards?

I can only think of Hexing or using priest to either MC or destroy them straight.

Flayer

Hunter has the best methods of dealing with stealth minions with Flare or Deadly Shot. If targeted abilities could focus stealth units then stealth would be almost worthless as a mechanic.

Tarazet

So are there different rules for stealthed friendly minions? I've played Houndmaster on my stealthed tigers many times, and it seems to be the same wording as BGH.

You can target your own stealthers.

Is it possible to do well in games by intentionally leaving out big cards like rag/yseera and other legendaries?

I can only think of Hexing or using priest to either MC or destroy them straight.

Kill them before they have enough mana. That's why most of the decks that run high-cost Legendaries are loaded up with removal so that they can survive until the end. Rush decks are the counter, especially Murlocs as you can easily buff them out of the range of Consecration/Holy Nova.

PsionBolt

There are. The reminder text makes it sound like Shroud, but it's actually only one-sided, like Hexproof. It's quite dumb, since that makes it seem like Faerie Dragon should work the same way, but it doesn't.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews

Mage has stuff to deal with those like Polymorph or freeze to prevent it from attacking next turn or straight up direct damage.

Copenap

I wasn't really asking, even if it seemed like it. :3 It's just interesting that the two cards have different mechanics.

Well, the card text is different so it makes sense that the mechanics are different. "Destroy a Minion ..." vs. "Destroy a Random Enemy Minion ...".

Edit: That said, there are definitely some mechanics that one just has to know as they could be interpreted differently.

Been playing the Warlock Zoo deck posted earlier. Quite strong against most everything. Only losses I've had have been to Hunter (Buzzard/Unleash combo 2 turns in a row) and Druid (2x Swipe, Starfall, Bite, 2x Claw, at least in the top 15 cards). Up to rank 12 now. Certainly much more reliable than Murloc which is great.

If I get a little bit more dust I'm gonna DE my Millhouse to help craft a Leeroy to strengthen this deck + murlocs and Hunter rush, as well as have another piece of miracle Rogue.

Yeah that deck loses pretty hard to hunter since its goal is to flood the board with minions.

But I don't think Leeroy is a good fit. He does't have enough durability to play early which means he doesn't fit your curve very well. and with the doomguards and soulfires he's not something you can really expect to hold on to. it's a nice thing to top deck in the late game but you don't really want to be in that situation and top decking a doomguard is probably better anyway.

dk_

Heads up! Players who pick up a copy of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls will soon discover bonus loot in the form of an Expert Card Pack (or Packs!) for Hearthstone™: Heroes of Warcraft™. Depending on the version of Reaper of Souls you have pre-purchased (or purchase in the future) you can expect the following:

Reaper of Souls: Digital Standard Edition – One (1) Hearthstone Expert Card Pack, delivered to your Battle.net account starting March 20.
Reaper of Souls: Retail Standard Edition – One (1) Free Hearthstone Expert Card Pack, available in your Reaper of Souls box as a redeemable code.
Reaper of Souls: Digital Deluxe Edition – Three (3) Hearthstone Expert Card Packs, delivered to your Battle.net account starting March 20.
Reaper of Souls: Retail Collector's Edition – Three (3) Hearthstone Expert Card Packs, available in your Collector’s Edition box as three separate redeemable codes.

Unique legendary cards would have been better, but at least it's something.

Aylinato

Whelp looks like I'm getting repeat of souls. Yep. Damnit blizzard.

I've been meaning to get D3, anyone know when it's available??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom