• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the most consistent Druid deck for the current rank 5+ meta? I haven't found the right one yet.

2x Innervate
2x Wild Growth
2x Wrath
1x Healing Touch
2x Savage Roar
2x Swipe
2x Keeper of the Grove
2x Druid of the Claw
1x Force of Nature
2x Ancient of Lore

1x Big Game Hunter
2x Harvest Golem
2x Chillwild Yeti
2x Azure Drake
1x Faceless Manipulator
2x Argent Commander
1x Cairne Bloodhoof
1x Ragnaros The Firelord

(This is what the #2 NA player dog is currently running.)

Always mulligan for Wild Growth , Innervate, Yeti and Harvest Golem. Keeping Wrath vs. Warlock is permissable if you have a low drop in your hand as well.

Everyone winds up playing around combo so shave a copy, but as it turns out the 2x roar gets a lot of work done. Like other "charge druid" decks, play for board control when trades are favorable but hit face when you know he has to make the trade on his turn. Play super aggressive.

Deck's configuration is to fight Rogue out of the box, and has a kind of weak warlock matchup that can be improved by subbing in TBK to fight handlock and a Starfall for the Faceless Manipulator to help fight Zoo with obvious cost to the Rogue matchup. Cenarius and Ragnaros are more or less interchangeable, with Cenarius being better in the mirror.

Bah, what is wrong with me lol... every time I feel like playing HS in the morning, it is on tuesday right before maintenance. But I got one match in... although I simply loved it.

My midrange vs miracle rogue.

I happen to get an early BGH, I'm like meh. I got 2 gnomish inventors in my hand and nothing to play before that in terms of minions. I'm like... meh. I need board presence to beat this miracle rogue deck.

Anyway, dagger up and hit face cause I know I am not playing anything on turn 3. But I guess the miracle rogue thought I was playing miracle rogue or something and hoping I don't have sap cause it doesn't play BGH. He does coin, prep, shiv, van cleef. LOL.

Pretty much sealed game after I played the BGH of which he doesn't even have backstab or a si7 agent response to. By turn 5 I have a 6/4 gnomish inventor (cold blood) and a 2/4. He drops gadgetzan, prep, fan of knives (really desperate move). He was already down to 10 though and simply rage quit. I got the "player has left" message for the first time in months.

Then I DC'd cause of maintenance.

TL;DR - Played one match before maintenance but it was still a fun experience because I demolished a miracle rogue deck.

ViviOggi

2x Innervate
2x Wild Growth
2x Wrath
1x Healing Touch
2x Savage Roar
2x Swipe
2x Keeper of the Grove
2x Druid of the Claw
1x Force of Nature
2x Ancient of Lore

1x Big Game Hunter
2x Harvest Golem
2x Chillwild Yeti
2x Azure Drake
1x Faceless Manipulator
2x Argent Commander
1x Cairne Bloodhoof
1x Ragnaros The Firelord

(This is what the #2 NA player dog is currently running.)

Always mulligan for Wild Growth , Innervate, Yeti and Harvest Golem. Keeping Wrath vs. Warlock is permissable if you have a low drop in your hand as well.

Everyone winds up playing around combo so shave a copy, but as it turns out the 2x roar. Like other "charge druid" decks, play for board control when trades are favorable but hit face when you know he has to make the trade on his turn. Play super aggressive.

Deck's configuration is to fight Rogue out of the box, and has a kind of weak warlock matchup that can be improved by subbing in TBK to fight handlock and a Starfall for the Faceless Manipulator to help fight Zoo with obvious cost to the Rogue matchup. Cenarius and Ragnaros are more or less interchangeable, with Cenarius being better in the mirror.

Thanks for the elobrate response, I'll give this one a shot.

Corum

So.. I've been playing with exactly this deck, down to the letter. Best deck I've ever played.. brilliant in any matchup except for possibly facesmash Hunter if you get the wrong draw. I've dismantled Control Warriors, wall of taunt Priests, tempo Rogues, and Aquarium Warlocks so far.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/57068-links-season-3-shambo-whambo

I just played with this deck and had Leeroy Jenkins deal 24 damage the turn before I would've died. That warrior must not have been impressed.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Combo Shaman is just a "fair" Miracle Rogue. You play the trading game early on, then try to draw into the finisher.

The fact that you have a lot of ways to slap together a decent finisher out of spare parts rather than relying on Shadowstep -> Leeroy is the only thing differentiating the two.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Combo Shaman is just a "fair" Miracle Rogue. You play the trading game early on, then try to draw into the finisher.

The fact that you have a lot of ways to slap together a decent finisher out of spare parts rather than relying on Shadowstep -> Leeroy is the only thing differentiating the two.

Which is not that different than tempo shaman. Even if Alakir is slow, if you drop him with a rockbiter it's the same thing. I always play lava burst shaman though.

ViviOggi

Druid mirror is a goddamn nightmare

It always devolves into some stupid shit with me neither getting the coin nor a single piece of my ramp, but this one just now takes the cake:
gOKberk.jpg

ohh yeah, finally had the patience to grind those cursed last 5 stars to Legend.
Last Boss was a Handlock that apparently had a terrible draw. Oh well, made for a nice finish =)

zX23tlFl.jpg

sL3wWYUl.jpg

Druid mirror is a goddamn nightmare

It always devolves into some stupid shit with me neither getting the coin nor a single piece of my ramp, but this one just now takes the cake:

I honestly will throw away entire hands digging for Wild Growth if I don't have it in my opener. I'll keep a Yeti if I have an Innervate. Wild Growth is the king of the matchup.

Also the rampier druids with Ancient of War are kind of rough to beat with the list I posted earlier. If that starts to become more common (along with the Handlock decks that chow down on those high-curve builds) , you might want to find room for a TBK, maybe replacing the Faceless since Cairne is a beast vs. those decks already.

Also in that screencap-Cenarius is a real mirror breaker.

zoukka

As strong as Zoo is, the players who use it just suck so bad that it takes the best oomph out of the deck. So play decks that are bad against zoo, because your skill compensates a lot.

Violet_0

Banned
turns out having both Ragnaros and Cenarius and two Innervate in your arena deck is 12-1 good
but the 12-0 dream still eludes me

oh, and I got Gruul in the pack. Then I disenchanted Gruul

Anustart

Do these guys in ranked take 10 minutes per turn just to spite me? I mean come on, you got 2 cards in your hand, can't be that difficult. I had a game last night against a pally that lasted 30 minutes and I just quit because it was so damn slow.

Do these guys in ranked take 10 minutes per turn just to spite me? I mean come on, you got 2 cards in your hand, can't be that difficult. I had a game last night against a pally that lasted 30 minutes and I just quit because it was so damn slow.

I really wish you could multi-table in this game on the same account.

Vire

I really do think some people use it as a way of getting free wins. I always stick it out and make them earn it. Its essentially griefing. Letting the rope burn out starting on turn one when you had no play really sucks. If I get salty enough about it or think I am going to win some times I do it right back to them.

ViviOggi

I wonder if it is overall beneficial to your winrate if you bluff with only one or two pieces of a combo when you're missing cards for lethal in a standoff situation. I know I regularly get salty and concede as soon as I see the first topdecked Leeroy, FoN, etc. - probably cost me a bunch of games I wouldn't have actually lost.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Just don't concede unless lethal is on board.

In other news, I'm 18-2 with gaara's hunter. I uh.. Yeah. It's decent.

In other news, I'm 18-2 with gaara's hunter. I uh.. Yeah. It's decent.

I was playing it some last night. It's pretty ace. Skill Command / Unleash the Skill still gets work done.

edit: Don't want to undersell the deck here-it is good as is but only exceptional if you are thinking two moves ahead for both you and your opponent.

I'm an expert

Yeah I'm happy it scales with natural skill. Makes those spells crazy.
My command hits for like 15.

As strong as Zoo is, the players who use it just suck so bad that it takes the best oomph out of the deck. So play decks that are bad against zoo, because your skill compensates a lot.

Too often zoo falls into great openers and card draw for this imo. I'd rather beat zoo 90% of the time and only lose when they basically accidentally win the game with two doomguards before turn 7 lol or something equally crazy.

I just played a ton of mages. Seems they will come back into favor after Dreamhack.

Good, more for me to crush.

Every once in a while I fall asleep at the wheel and forget those decks include ice barrier. I always remember vaporize and ice block, but forget to finish off with a spell. So for me, if I remember to pocket a spell for lethal as opposed to hero power, I generally win. I also sometimes forget alexstrasza exists outside of warrior control lol. But if I follow my gameplan and pocket a spell, usually enough to push for lethal the next round anyway.

johnsmith

remember me
I need to stop trying to rank up during NA prime time. The competition is way too rough right now. Ranked down to 6. Why do I bother to keep playing? It's a damn addiction.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Someone who died to a 8/8 VanCleef for the last time that's who.

Son1x

Got my second legendary with Golden Leeroy.

First game I played, rogue vs lock. He is down to 20 and lifetaps. I follow it up with leeroy and 2 shadowsteps. It was satisfying.

Tarazet

So.. I've been playing with exactly this deck, down to the letter. Best deck I've ever played.. brilliant in any matchup except for possibly facesmash Hunter if you get the wrong draw. I've dismantled Control Warriors, wall of taunt Priests, tempo Rogues, and Aquarium Warlocks so far.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/57068-links-season-3-shambo-whambo

I just played with this deck and had Leeroy Jenkins deal 24 damage the turn before I would've died. That warrior must not have been impressed.

I had a Control Warrior try to shut me down with an Abomination when he had 23 health + 1 armor. I had a 3/5 Unbound Elemental, an Azure Drake and a Yeti up. Lightning Bolt to the bommy, Rockbiter + Windfury on the yeti ended the game. The deck has a way of dragging its ass behind the curve the whole game (because you're constantly overloaded) and then producing the goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom