• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is really underwhelming. It only draws a card, but does nothing with it. The void caller is great because it puts a minion down and you can use it to avoid negative battle cries.

JesseZao

I could see it used in a hunter zoo. You just keep playing hand and use the webspinners for more minions. Still is going to be a wait and see card for now.

Minsc

Gold Member
Looking forward to the next 16 weeks of neutral card reveals.

That's hopeful thinking, what's to say they don't just stay silent for the next two months while they are working on it? Either way next week is a big one. A lot of people are probably expecting a price/date announcement now that all class cards are finished. Either showing a neutral or doing nothing would be very disappointing signs that we're going to be waiting a lot longer.

The card itself is a beast, so it may draw itself!

Don't forgot about its evolution over the next 5 card sets! Maybe it will not only be able to call in beasts from expansions (once they're released of course), but also beasts from card sets that are retired (as if Hearthstone will ever get to having enough cards that it needs to retire any sets lol)!

JesseZao

b-but don't you like RNG?

We don't want players on either side to plan ahead on their turns. Who knows what draw they got? Chaos! It's fun I tell you!

It's just a creature flare. Another way to cycle through cards. Hopefully it has a cool animation of a card descending from above on a sill string or down a web.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
That's hopeful thinking, what's to say they don't just stay silent for the next two months while they are working on it? Either way next week is a big one. A lot of people are probably expecting a price/date announcement now that all class cards are finished. Either showing a neutral or doing nothing would be very disappointing signs that we're going to be waiting a lot longer.

Don't forgot about its evolution over the next 5 card sets! Maybe it will not only be able to call in beasts from expansions (once they're released of course), but also beasts from card sets that are retired (as if Hearthstone will ever get to having enough cards that it needs to retire any sets lol)!
Two months? I cant wait two months :(

The whole sap to whole hand thing has been confirmed by ben brode just in case anyone is wondering. The minion just dies.

edit:

Oh wow I was right about hunter's minion being a 1 drop.

It is like a stronger version of loot hoarder built just for hunters.

I am reading that webspinner is more like ysera/etc in that it draws from a select set of cards (any random card in the game apparently, including king krush) and not from your deck.

https://twitter.com/bdbrode/status/479673920740532224

That is a weird decision.

You can get a king krush in your hand out of nowhere, seems kinda good. But it seems like the random pool is really big. Only collectible beasts apparently.

edit:
All already posted that I missed lol :)

JesseZao

I am reading that webspinner is more like ysera/etc in that it draws from a select set of cards (any random card in the game apparently, including king krush) and not from your deck.

https://twitter.com/bdbrode/status/479673920740532224

That is a weird decision.

You can get a king krush in your hand out of nowhere, seems kinda good. But it seems like the random pool is really big. Only collectible beasts apparently.

If it's a select pool, that'd be much better. Absolute random beast would be/is awful rng.

It's just another flavor card as confirmed of now since it's be possible to get any collectible beast card.

Edit: in other news, streams are so boring these days. The produced shows and staple streamers are so dull. I no longer enjoy watching other people play arena. Freegold is good for rogue. Zilea (pally) is my current top shelf choice, but he's only on for an hour late at night.

It'll be nice when the scene matures and we get better (read: more entertaining) people producing content.

zoukka

Edit: in other news, streams are so boring these days. The produced shows and staple streamers are so dull. I no longer enjoy watching other people play arena. Freegold is good for rogue. Zilea (pally) is my current top shelf choice, but he's only on for an hour late at night.

It'll be nice when the scene matures and we get better (read: more entertaining) people producing content.

HS is not a great game to spectate.

Webspinner is amazing.

I think it's really good too. If you have the beast synergy, and you still get a beast, it's a 1/1 for 1 loot hoarder That's a good deal.

You might pull a mediocre beast, but really the way the beast synergies work, you just want more beasts. This card gives them to you.

Also, is it just me or is there control warrior all over the Legend ladder at the moment? Where did all the warlocks go?

Ashodin

Sounds like burnout to me imo

By the way, is the launcher featured content/ads screwed up for anyone else? All tabs are 3/4 of the way pushed off the page for me. Like they fucked up the CSS/HTML.

Here is my listing of worst to best of the new class cards:

9. duplicate - really interesting card, I think I'll probably try to fit it in a deck but I don't think it is that strong

8. rebirth - I think this card is not nearly as strong as people have made it out to be. It does have a lot of utility, and the only reason why I list it this low is because all the cards are strong

7. avenge - I think this card is a hidden gem honestly. It makes every other secret stronger just by being added to the secret pool. But unlike duplicate, it has an immediate impact when triggered. It is also making other secrets harder to play around and only costs 1 mana for an only slightly weaker blessing of kings.

6. anubar ambusher - To me, this card looks incredible even if the card sometimes has a drawback. Most cheap hard removal at that point do not trigger the deathrattle (hex, polymorph, deadly shot, only deadly shot does). I'd rank this higher but every card from here on is incredible.

5. Death's bite - A truesilver champion for warrior seems extremely good. I am hesitant to put it higher because truesilver champion does often work a bit better with their hero power to take out 5 hp minions. Then again, the whirlwind effect can be used for combos which the truesilver champion heal cannot (outside of like lightwarden).

4. Voidcaller - Very incredible deathrattle. The only reason this isn't higher is because of low stats. Buffing it with demonfire makes it prime silence target as well. The potential to combo with sacrificial pact might be a real nice surprise for the warlock meta game, especially helping warlocks in the mirror match as well.

3. Poison seeds - I would have rated this higher but this is highly meta dependent imo. It does make match ups like handlock seem more favorable to the druid. And it certainly is a strong counter to conceal and stealth. And it definitely looks like a token druid can take the most advantage of this and token druid seriously sucks vs handlock.

2. webspinner - I think this card is a more reliable, cheaper loot hoarder made specifically for hunters to enjoy bringing out the beast synergy. Now hunters have two class cards that mimic legendary cards. Webspinner is like a beast version bloodmage thalnos + ysera sort of wrapped into one minion that somehow is cheaper than thalnos (mind blown). And savannah highmane is like a more aggressive beast version of cairne.

1. Dark cultist - I am not sure how they think a 3/4 3cc with that deathrattle is okay for priests to have. I think this card is borderline OP. Maybe at 2/4 it would be much better balanced. For me, this card has to top the list because of that. I think this card is incredibly strong, even without the deathrattle. I suppose it being dependent on another minion being on field is its balancing point though, so maybe it isn't so bad. But to me, being able to trade up, and then heal it, is going to be devastatingly good.

edit:
I also want to note that webspinner has about a 75% chance to give you a beast costing 4 or less mana. This card can really help out your mana curve early on.

JesseZao

HS is not a great game to spectate.

I think constructed is an enjoyable thing to spectate. It's just practice/knowledge for the various matchups. It's fun to solve the puzzles presented. Arena just falls flat and is only fun to watch if the streamer in fun to watch.

Sounds like burnout to me imo

Burnout on boring people I guess. The dust has settled and people like Trump/chanmanv/etc. are becoming more irrelevant. Chanman has his hooks in casting gigs, but that's just because he's there. People that have become popular by being good teaching streamers are going to simply fade unless they can find a new angle. A well produced youtube series could easily replace them.

It's not a big deal, just an observation. I don't need entertainment from twitch; it's just becoming a harder place to find it for me.

JesseZao

The problem is the game is boring. We need new cards.

I still have one legendary left to craft and I haven't made a push to legendary yet, so I can still find fun in the game because of that unmet chalkenge, but if I hit it before new cards I will probably take a break.

After naxx, I really want blizz to learn the meaning of haste (and expand a bit to handle it).

Ashodin

7. avenge - I think this card is a hidden gem honestly. It makes every other secret stronger just by being added to the secret pool. But unlike duplicate, it has an immediate impact when triggered. It is also making other secrets harder to play around and only costs 1 mana for an only slightly weaker Blessing of Kings.

My man. Avenge is going to be the secret people will hate having to play around.

Triz

I don't know what happened but the game has become unplayable on my iPad Air. Constant hanging during matches when my network is perfectly fine. Any one else noticing this?

Violet_0

Banned
in my uninformed opinion/speculation

Avenge < Webspinner < Duplicate < Anubar Ambusher < Death's Bite < Voidcaller < Rebirth < Dark Cultist < Poison Seeds

I think Poison Seeds could really mess with handlock and ramp druid. Starfall might see more play with that combo
Dark Cultists is pure value
Rebirth will be either really good or not played at all
Voidcaller might popularize mid-range demon warlock
Death's Bite is just a perhaps slightly better Truesilver Champion

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
avenge + noble sacrifice on turn 2. Suddenly your argent squire from turn 1 is a 4/3 with divine shield on turn 3. GG

If noble sacrifice kills a minion, double GG.

Redemption + Avenge when you have a Scarlet Crusader and another minion on the board. Redemption procs on the Scarlet Crusader, it revives, and now the other minion is even stronger. rofl. You've only made me stronger!

Redemption + Avenge when you have a Scarlet Crusader and another minion on the board. Redemption procs on the Scarlet Crusader, it revives, and now the other minion is even stronger. rofl. You've only made me stronger!

Final-Form.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
Maybe i'll try a gnomish inventer or something. Van Cleef seems like the least vital card in the deck every time I've ever played against it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I use Questing, it's not perfect, but it works.

The point of VanCleef is to increase your deck's RNGesus factor.

Tarazet

This meta is really punishing. I went up against 3 different priests and it took a total of 2 hours to play out against all of them. It's taking me the entire evening to get a single quest done, even if my win rate is well over 50% (it usually is). It doesn't seem to matter if I play aggro either. You have finite resources to try and take down the midrange and control decks and if you don't use them perfectly, the numbers never add up, so it actually takes just as long.

What's the best replacement for van cleef in miracle? A second sap? Questing adventurer? Mana addict?

Loot Hoarder, or, if you don't already run one, a Gnomish Inventor (this card is very good in Miracle).

Van Cleef serves as crucial purpose in the deck in some matchups, mostly the unfavorable ones. Freeze Mage is actually unwinnable without Edwi, for example, as your deck simply will not have enough damage to prevent the Freeze Mage from just killing everything you play, letting you draw your deck, and then defensive Alexstraszing your last-ditch shot. A fast 8/8 Edwin lets you have a shot in the matchup.

Similarly, a fast big Edwin vs. Zoo and Handlock are pretty powerful plays. You can't really stall and Gadgetzan your way through vs. those decks.

It's not required for the deck to operate. But it is the optimal choice in the slot.

Finally got there tonight. Didn't start playing constructed (ever) in the game until late last month. Committed myself to getting to Legend this season after getting to rank 3 in eight days last month. After about 300 games with a 57% win rate, got there with Freeze Mage.

SfmKyoS.jpg

Needed a topdeck'd frostbolt to get the 21 damage in the kill turn (Thalnos, Fireball, Frostbolt, Lance X2 ). Was nice to get to Legend through beating Druid. That matchup is slightly unfavorable and has been getting worse as I climbed the ladder due to player skill and experience playing Freeze Mage (no more free wins because they play out Ancient of Lores on curve for card draw).

Game is so bullshit at times. Lost 5 straight games. Of course Soulfire discards Soulfire. Why would it do anything else?

And apparently Zoo paladin beats Zoo lock. Truesilver to the face and Equality are fucking stupid. Besides Divine Favor after they blow their load.

Aylinato

Game is so bullshit at times. Lost 5 straight games. Of course Soulfire discards Soulfire. Why would it do anything else?

And apparently Zoo paladin beats Zoo lock. Truesilver to the face and Equality are fucking stupid. Besides Divine Favor after they blow their load.

You deserved to lose, but so did he lol. Zoos

I enjoy my custom Druid, lots of healing+ more tanks then people like

Ashodin

My sword Paladin deck beats Freeze Mage, thankfully

Violet_0

Banned
one thing really funny about the tempo rogue deck is how completely confused face hunters and shockadins act when they are suddenly the defending players

You deserved to lose, but so did he lol. Zoos

I enjoy my custom Druid, lots of healing+ more tanks then people like

I would run Druid or something but I don't have the cards for it. /2P2Wformyblood

Freeze Mage I'm short a few cards as well, and Miracle is too slow for all the aggro at my current rank. Maybe Tempo/Aggro Rogue is something I should look into. Or check out Zooadin myself. I do have facerush and midrange Hunter, but they're kinda boring IMO. I also have a control Paladin, but I'm not so sure on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom