• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

I find it disappointing that so many dragons aside from alextrasa have disappointing powers and are all 8 mana or more.

I bet turn 2 hogger (2x innervate) is pretty ridiculous. He is like a smaller gruul in a way since every round he brings another 2/2 stats to the board.

I wish Nozdormu was 4 mana (with hard-to-remove stats like 1/7 or something) so you could actually play it to mess up combos.

I don't. That would be ridiculous. Getting the text of a 9cc minion on a 4cc minion, in place of taunt would be absurdly good imo. I guess it would be akin to replacing baron rivendare's, which is not as bad an exchange, but still that would impact the game too much imo. Noz is fine where he is imo.

Water

I bet turn 2 hogger (2x innervate) is pretty ridiculous. He is like a smaller gruul in a way since every round he brings another 2/2 stats to the board.

I don't. That would be ridiculous. Getting the text of a 9cc minion on a 4cc minion, in place of taunt would be absurdly good imo. I guess it would be akin to replacing baron rivendare's, which is not as bad an exchange, but still that would impact the game too much imo. Noz is fine where he is imo.
As a 9cc nobody plays him, and the effect is fun, so I'd like him to at least have a cost that actually allows throwing him into a deck. 6cc 1/7 maybe?

Violet_0

Banned
the unevenness of arena is really fucking stupid sometimes
Like, the shaman I just played against played coin + unbound elemental, lightning storm, 2x lighting bolt, spirit wolves, flametounge totem + minion, 2x fire elemental, in this order. Or going up against a rogue deck at 7-2 in a mirror match with SI7 agents, backstabs, deadly poisons, assassinates, none of which I got. I think I was accidentally queued in ranked by the matchmaker o_O

ViviOggi

... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan ... versus Gul'dan

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So Iceblock doesn't work when your HP goes down to 0 from Explosive trap? The fuck is this BS, they should adjust the card text then :S
Your own Secrets no longer trigger on your turn.

This was changed a while back to pigeonhole Secrets into more "reactionary" cards, rather than glorified spells.

manhack

For those tired of the "meta" I've been practicing a bit in casual and lots more unique decks on there. Still some of the same B.S. netdecks now and then, but a good relief.

Aylinato

Arena as a paladin. First game shaman plays that hammer 2/3 overload 1, and I had drafted a Harrison jones. I say, I bet this dude has a 2/8 doom hammer, so I waited while playing the board, and the turn after he uses the doom hammer 2/6 I drop Harrison jones. I also cleared his board the same turn.

Next match I'm facing a mage who played a ogre after I play mine, I then play a 7/7 and then he blizzards, next turn I play a storm wind champ and redemption, and he runs his ogre into mien then fireblasts the orge(thinking it would die because redemption has 1 health, wrong storm wind champion. He proceeds to fill the board with minions and I use two consecrations to wipe his board and then take him down to 1 health.

Next game I lost to a priest who had every kill anything over 5 minion thing.

Next game. Against a rogue. Playing standard and have Harrison in hand. He plays the 3/4 blade and uses a charge and I harrisoned it to death, he quit, it was only turn 5.

Haly

Lmao, afternoon weekend Hearthstone is so much easier than late-night weekday Hearthstone. I'm making mistakes all over the place and I haven't had an easier time doing my dailies.

johnsmith

remember me
Screw it. Giving up on getting legend and just going to focus on learning miracle rogue in ranked. If I burn down to rank 20 I'll farm for my golden hero portraits.

Haly

How will you get Reynad-sempai to notice you if you're not Legend?

ViviOggi

Behold, the dream

hearthstone_screenshoa6svf.png

Guy committed honorable Keeper sudoku on turn 5.

Quixzlizx

When you reroll dailies, does it change gold amounts? I have a paladin/warrior 60 and a priest/warlock 60, and a "play 20 monsters costing 5 or more" 40 : \

Haly

getting bm'd by streamers on stream is the best

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽_•︻̷̿┻̿═━一 Sniperino

Newline

there's a bug that forces the other player to disconnect? :(

Blizz has acknowledged I hope...?
They're not dealing with it right now and it's super easy to replicate... just tried it out myself as curiosity got the better of me. Basically if a hunter plays an acolyte of pain / Gurubashi + Wild Pyromancer then close your client before he plays tracking or you will disconnect and lose the game. By disconnecting yourself you have 60 seconds to reconnect and you wont lose the match.

Minsc

Gold Member
They're not dealing with it right now and it's super easy to replicate... just tried it out myself as curiosity got the better of me. Basically if a hunter plays an acolyte of pain / Gurubashi + Wild Pyromancer then close your client before he plays tracking or you will disconnect and lose the game. By disconnecting yourself you have 60 seconds to reconnect and you wont lose the match.

Sounds crazy. Have you been able to successfully avoid the bug and get back in the game and win? I bet they're shocked when they see you reconnect and avoid the lose. Maybe a "sorry about that" emote when you avoid it would be fitting. I expect they'll hotfix it soon, maybe Tuesday.

Ashodin

Sounds crazy. Have you been able to successfully avoid the bug and get back in the game and win? I bet they're shocked when they see you reconnect and avoid the lose. Maybe a "sorry about that" emote when you avoid it would be fitting. I expect they'll hotfix it soon, maybe Tuesday.

Warrior emote? heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom