• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

2 things about Naxx people need to consider.

1) Silence is going to be huge. With so many deathrattle cards coming owl or some form of silence will be in EVERY deck.

2) Priest will leap frog to top tier (I predict) thanks to mass silence and a crazy new class card. Seriously, it is harvest golem on crack.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Zooladin does beat zoolock yes, that's why its popular!

ViviOggi

I dont play zoo.
Guess that sentence was ambiguous, my bad.

Sure Freeze Mage can feel scummy but I'd rather lose a game against someone who knows what they're doing than a Zookeeper dumping anything he draws then waiting for the finishers. The meta will deal with those decks either way, in fact it has been shifting against Miracle for a while now.

Raxus

Guess that sentence was ambiguous, my bad.

Sure Freeze Mage can feel scummy but I'd rather lose a game against someone who knows what they're doing than a Zookeeper dumping anything he draws then waiting for the finishers. The meta will deal with those decks either way, in fact it has been shifting against Miracle for a while now.

I think dreamhack is proof that coming out of left field can be an advantage.

Amaz really deserved to at least get one win in that tourney.

Hi mom indeed.

ViviOggi

Man, Coldlight Oracle can be devastating against Handlock. Just coined, played it and sapped his turn 4 Mountain Giant back into his now 10 card hand. Poor soul even discarded a Soulfire with his draw next turn.

I think dreamhack is proof that coming out of left field can be an advantage.

Amaz really deserved to at least get one win in that tourney.

Hi mom indeed.

Yeah, it's a a bit of a bummer. What's the consensus on the incident anyway? Reddit seems to have calmed down so I guess no evidence of RDU cheating has emerged.

Q8D3vil

Man, Coldlight Oracle can be devastating against Handlock. Just coined, played it and sapped his turn 4 Mountain Giant back into his now 10 card hand. Poor soul even discarded a Soulfire with his draw next turn.

Yeah, it's a a bit of a bummer. What's the consensus on the incident anyway? Reddit seems to have calmed down so I guess no evidence of RDU cheating has emerged.

He wasnt cheating, its just someone wanted him to look like he was cheating to get him in trouble.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Best lethal.

I was playing Murlock. Opponent was a zoolock that had 4 HP. and I had a 2/3 murloc on the board.
Attacked with the 2/3 murloc.
Summoned leeroy.
Killing blow with hellfire.

Killing my own leeroy, just because I can. lol

Spellpower rogue is so fun. Turn 9 Malygos who wasnt killed. Turn 10 Faceless manipulator with a 12 point shiv on the top decked ironbark protector. Insta-concede. Wish I had a bloodmage Thalnos T_T

Minsc

Gold Member
Anyone ever made a Priest mountain giant deck yet? It's actually sort of fun, and the other people have absolutely no clue it's coming. Just fill the deck with 2x Mountain Giant, a few card cycling cards that replenish themselves so you don't lose hand size (loot hoarder, power word: shield, mind vision, thoughtsteal, etc), the usual northshire cleric/injured/CoH combo which if you're lucky can card cycle too, and soulpriest/coh for AoE damage cause your early game is a little weak. Maybe a few other odds and ends, like Sunwalker for forcing some removal out, and a mind control for sealing the late game. I also have a Ysera as well, and 2x Defender of Argus for the various Giants when they play (blood/mountain).

I actually beat a rush paladin who was able to get a 5 card draw from their card that matches hands with the deck... I don't think he expected to see the 9/9 taunted giants (he used equality earlier with a blademaster/sunwalker board, then I cast the giants hoping he didn't have both and he didn't).

Plus you also have whatever 2x mindvision and 2x thoughtsteal pull, which since you're playing them early to maintain a full hand, will help give you some idea of what you're up against.

Only played two games so far (won both), but it's definitely a nice breath of fresh air for me with priest... getting their cards and dropping giants late game is fun.

First win was against a druid with the 3/5 violet teacher, and I actually stole theirs along with a Power of the Wild haha, had a 4/6 and 2 2/2s like I was a druid, before they did... and I got their Ysera as well (along with a naturalize and BGH... so you really see what's coming). Also got my own Ysera, so by the end I had both Yseras out on my side (while naturalizing theirs) and got a good 8 or 9 tokens off Violet Teacher before they finally killed it.

Haly

Anyone ever made a Priest mountain giant deck yet? It's actually sort of fun, and the other people have absolutely no clue it's coming.

It was one of the original forms of Control Priest, IIRC, back when Mind Control wasn't a bad card and the class was worth playing.

Haly

What you're not supposed to do:

Opponent: "Well played."

You: "Well played. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Well played. I'm sorry. Well played. Well played. Well played. I'm sorry. Well played. I'm sorry. Well played. Well played. I'm sorry. Well played. Your soul shall suffer! I'm sorry. Well played. I'm sorry. Well played. I'm sorry. Well played. I'm sorry. Well played. I'm sorry."

People say "well played" at the ends of games like "gg" in Starcraft. They don't actually mean you played well. Saying thank you at the end of a game just makes people mad.

What if its in the middle of a match after a good play? That's what I thought he meant anyway (as in losing, not lost).

Haly

It's always those fucking hunters with the gamebreaking bugs, lol.

Xanathus

Been trying out freeze mage, it's so fun watching your opponents get flustered by it because the playstyle is so unorthodox. They think they're winning then BAM they're dead at turn 10.

Quixzlizx

Is there a decent warrior deck out there that isn't ridiculously expensive? I already have a Grommash (my only legendary), a Brawl, and a Gorehowl.

Raxus

Is there a decent warrior deck out there that isn't ridiculously expensive? I already have a Grommash (my only legendary), a Brawl, and a Gorehowl.

Eh, you could always replace legendaries with value tough monsters like Ogre and Argent Commander and do decently.

Minsc

Gold Member
Gotta love those warrior opponents where they go through their whole deck, after playing out the match for 20+ minutes (dropping all the usual suspects, rag, alex, taskmaster on grom, BGH, brawl winning them their 8/8 in a 1v1 vs my 8/8, shield slam x2, execute x2, etc), then when they realize they can't win (cause I put up a DoA on a fourth giant and another minion and they were out of cards), they just quit faster than a zoo deck being hit with a second swipe, and without saying a thing. Luckily Anduin's thank you could not be more smug. :)

Ashodin

Gotta love those warrior opponents where they go through their whole deck, after playing out the match for 20+ minutes (dropping all the usual suspects, rag, alex, taskmaster on grom, BGH, brawl winning them their 8/8 in a 1v1 vs my 8/8, shield slam x2, execute x2, etc), then when they realize they can't win (cause I put up a DoA on a fourth giant and another minion and they were out of cards), they just quit faster than a zoo deck being hit with a second swipe, and without saying a thing. Luckily Anduin's thank you could not be more smug. :)

8oT9JAo.gif

Miracle Rogue is finally clicking with me after about 60 games. Definitely laddering with this next season. I'm going to mess around with some of the newer Hunter builds as well before the season ends, but Miracle is such a smooth machine for me.

Freeze mage, what I laddered with this season, is awesome but has a best-used-before that is quickly approaching, if not already reached. Once the opponents know how to play against it the Miracle and Druid matchups don't just go south, they go WAY south.

Just played Leeroy against a paladin with Sword of Justice. Whoops.

Edit: And I can also say, Nat Pagle can burn your cards. Just watched it happen.

To clarify, you'll have nine cards in hand, Nat will fish one, and then your normal draw will burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom