• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

What i meant was that i had the Giants [playing handlock] and my opponent was the one with the freeze mage. :p

Giants in a Freeze deck does seem viable considering they sit on their hands often hmmm maybe i should try this.

Yeah. I was talking about the combo mage deck. It was popular a month or two ago most recently. You can't do a whole lot if they draw it all.

I got beat by a freeze mage with giants yesterday, which is just a shift to counter the strat to rush freeze mages down.

Mage is kinda interesting again cause more than just aggro is being played so you have to really think hard about what you mulligan. For freeze mage I need my farseers, for giants I need my BGH,assassinate, black knight plus a health dose of board presence, and for aggro I need my soft removal plus 1-4 mana minions to bait their damage spells. I probably beat aggro mage the hardest unless I get a terrible mulligan, so I guess it makes most sense to mulligan for aggro mage.

Before all I would see is midrange mages, now it is like 3-4 decks being played.

Bleeether

I fucking hate cheap ass handlocks. So much bullshit. That's all I'm seeing around rank 10.

What class are you playing?

Shaman is really strong against them especially the Earth Shocks for their Twilight Drakes. I play handlock and Shamans are my worst enemy. If your playing tons of Warlocks switch it up a little it might help you push past rank 10.

Have you guys seen the allegedly leaked Naxxrammas screens? Seems pretty interesting, and some of the cards are pretty insane. Patchwerk looks like he has a 5/8 weapon, and Kel'Thuzad is an 6/8 for 8 with a crazy effect.

JesseZao

Have you guys seen the allegedly leaked Naxxrammas screens? Seems pretty interesting, and some of the cards are pretty insane. Patchwerk looks like he has a 5/8 weapon, and Kel'Thuzad is an 6/8 for 8 with a crazy effect.

If leaks are happening, surely we'll hear something concrete this week. Surely.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Man I want Cairne and Tirion so bad. I'm trying to make a Paladin deck that is built around value cards and they are so clearly missing from my deck.

johnsmith

remember me
Wow I really like this deck, just destroyed Miracle Rogue with a 7/2 berserker

That's another good match up. Should have an edge against handlock with 2 executes too. I can see how it got a high ranking once you get past the aggro mess of the lower levels.

johnsmith

remember me
FREEZE mage really hates this deck wholy shit

Yeah, anything with charges wrecks freeze mage in my experience.

Also fuck priests. I think i'm like 0-12 against them with my druid. No matter what I do I can't fucking beat them. They ALWAYS have the answers they need to wreck my shit. I think i'm going to have to think of my first move, think how they'll counter it, and then do something to prevent that.

Tarazet

I like it but really want Captain Greenskin in there. I really like the deck though, seems solid.

It has a bit of a "too many weapons" issue. You can easily get into the terrible situation of needing to play the Weaponsmith but not wanting to destroy the weapon you've got. Greenskin would only tend to exacerbate that problem. Spiteful Smith would be a better pick as insurance against board clears.

johnsmith

remember me
This better be just an npc card, because if this is a regular card that players can use, it'll be nothing but freeze mages forever.
GGDjc4i.jpg

And warlocks, free life tapping, fire imps, and pit lords? Good lord.

johnsmith

remember me
Probably an npc only card, thank god. The others do seem to have rarity gems.

7rRTHES.jpg

I can see these getting play. Feugen's stats are really nice for the cost. Also the combos possible with this are ridiculous. Baron Rivendare + faceless manipulator and you're looking at 4 Thaddius on the board.

JesseZao

In the picture, the person is looking at the challenge mode boss's card. It's not a card we'll get.

People have been asking for a "spell" taunt, so maybe we'll get something like it eventually.

johnsmith

remember me
Speaking of lucky hands, why does every god damn pirate warrior always have a fiery war axe, bloodsail raider, and that guy 3/3 pirate with taunt in his opening hand.

This better be just an npc card, because if this is a regular card that players can use, it'll be nothing but freeze mages forever.
GGDjc4i.jpg

And warlocks, free life tapping, fire imps, and pit lords? Good lord.

Hopefully that's just for single player.

You know how strong this can be for any classes?

Master of disguise + that = immune forever

Zeliek has to be a NPC only card. No gem. Plus like mentioned, completely broken with stealth mechanics.

LweA2i8.jpg

Kelthuzad looks beastly. Something to contend with ragnaros it looks like tbh. (oh wow, summon ALL friendly minions that died, pretty crazy. And it says end of THE turn, not your turn meaning it works on opponent's turn!?)

edit:

Also R$ = brazilliean realz, about .45:1 ratio to USD so about 9 bucks per win according to this screen.

500 gold seems cheaper though, I dunno the USD to gold ratio off the top of my head. I already have enough for a wing or two.

Sickbean

I've no idea what's happened to me, but I haven't been able to win with my priest deck for over a week. I'm now 0-16 with it. Not sure if there has been a shift in the meta that destroys my deck (I'm seeing a lot more freeze mages) or if I've just become useless.

Nearly won one last night and then got Ysera thrown at me, which I couldn't deal with because the 4 attack avoids both shadow words. Bad times :(

bjaelke

Nearly won one last night and then got Ysera thrown at me, which I couldn't deal with because the 4 attack avoids both shadow words. Bad times :(

Abusive Sergeant and/or Crazed Alchemist usually does the trick for me.Even Inner Fire does the trick. What kind of priest deck are you running?

Feugen will get some play, 5 drops are not the greatest in this game. Stalagg is pretty crap though. I guess it depends on what Thaddius's stats are

I hope it's 2,000 gold total, I'm sitting on about 3,200

zoukka

Haha I was 100% correct if 500 gold is the price.

And of course that 3 mana 1/7 is an NPC card, it would the most broken card by a 100x margin.

Sickbean

Abusive Sergeant and/or Crazed Alchemist usually does the trick for me.Even Inner Fire does the trick. What kind of priest deck are you running?

Amaz's F2P but without Sylvanas. Rag is my only legendary but he doesn't snipe nearly as well for me as he does for Amaz :(

Minsc

Gold Member
Probably an npc only card, thank god. The others do seem to have rarity gems.

7rRTHES.jpg

I can see these getting play. Feugen's stats are really nice for the cost. Also the combos possible with this are ridiculous. Baron Rivendare + faceless manipulator and you're looking at 4 Thaddius on the board.

Wonder if it counts as him dying if he gets polymorphed/hexed, etc (not for the deathrattle itself, just for the condition of the death rattle being satisfied)... probably not. Silence wouldn't work on the first one cast either, but I suppose they'd just use it on the second one.

Also interesting situations if you kill your opponents Feugen then play your own Stalaag, it will start the triggering process when your guy dies without you having to draw both, making your opponent unable to kill yours without special removal most classes lack or a silence. So it seems a risk to play one if your opponent has them in their deck too and you only have one of the set.

zoukka

Wonder if it counts as him dying if he gets polymorphed/hexed, etc (not for the deathrattle itself, just for the condition of the death rattle being satisfied)... probably not. Silence wouldn't work on the first one cast either, but I suppose they'd just use it on the second one.

Also interesting situations if you kill your opponents Feugen then play your own Stalaag, it will start the triggering process when your guy dies without you having to draw both, making your opponent unable to kill yours without special removal most classes lack or a silence. So it seems a risk to play one if your opponent has them in their deck too and you only have one of the set.

All in all they seem pretty gimmicky at best.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How the fuck are there Malygos Rouges at rank 17 at this time of the month. Fucking bullshit.

Hard deck is hard.

I think I might've gone overboard with the gold hoarding because I'm sitting comfortably at 3.75k.

Glad to see it's affordable and not something stupid like the 10k gold people were throwing around in this thread at one point.

Lol 10k.

Strider

I expected 1k. 500 would be great. I haven't been saving my gold up to this point because the release date always seemed a while away and I always felt once they announced the release date I'd have enough time to earn the gold needed.

For some reason when I read those fuegen stalagg cards, I thought it said they had to die on the same turn. But it says it will summon thaddius if the other died this GAME.

So basically you have to silence the surviving dude to prevent the deathrattle from going off. As silencing the first one will have no effect since the second one will not be dead yet.

Double interesting is what happens when both minions are being played by both players. I am assuming it doesn't matter who owned the minion when it died.

Faceless on the second one, drop baron rivendare, and yeah you could easily see 4 thaddius' lol.

I wonder how good thaddius is. 11/11 minion maybe?

Hard deck is hard.

I think I might've gone overboard with the gold hoarding because I'm sitting comfortably at 3.75k.

Glad to see it's affordable and not something stupid like the 10k gold people were throwing around in this thread at one point.

Lol 10k.

That is a good spot to be at cause the last wing is listed at 2000 gold.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Priest and Druid going to be fucking tech for these encounters.

Derno what Rogue is going to do. I might have to run... Kidnappers.

We know ramp druid has a new toy... kelthuzad will be a dominating presence in that I think. If ramp druid has minions on board prior to turn 8 or earlier with innervate in hand... Oh, you want to black knight my dotc? Go ahead. He is immortal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom