• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

frequency

I thought the ek0p hating Trump thing was just a joke during the ESGN Fight Night stuff. I guess it was real? Trump is one of the most likeable streamers on all of Twitch. I don't get it.

Raxus

I thought the ek0p hating Trump thing was just a joke during the ESGN Fight Night stuff. I guess it was real? Trump is one of the most likeable streamers on all of Twitch. I don't get it.

ek0p is a dick. I never watch him because I every time I watch his stream he angers me in some way.

Amaz, Trump, and itsHafu I think are the most likeable people on Hearthstone Twitch.

JesseZao

I didn't see what ekop said, but calling Trump likable is just a result of his completely bland personality. He won't be offensive or annoying to anyone, because there's nothing there. He's likeable like a TV weatberman is.

That said, the Trump is Illuminati video is probably the best hearthstone community video I've seen.

Avinexus

The best part about the ekop thing is that he switched to Azubu for the money, then hates Trump because he thinks he is greedy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
iXGdmMtgU5vYZ.png
Feels good mayne.

EDIT: Damnit, Earthen Ring Farseer OP.

inky

I didn't see what ekop said, but calling Trump likable is just a result of his completely bland personality. He won't be offensive or annoying to anyone, because there's nothing there. He's likeable like a TV weatberman is.

I agree. Trump isn't likeable in any way, he's just... there.

Of all the streams I've seen, I think I just like watching Kripp because he doesn't do the whole subscribers/donations dance. And he doesn't play annoying music so I can have him on the second monitor and not have to mute him often.

frequency

ek0p said Trump was greedy and only cares about money. Implying he doesn't even like Hearthstone or something and only does it for money I guess?

Trump is likable to me because he doesn't curse or really be offensive in any way. He regularly interacts with his chat and answers questions. He even sings sometimes. He did duets with Amaz and Hafu before. I also like that no matter how bad things get, he stays calm about it and doesn't blame everything and everyone. When on the same day he went from Legend 13 to 400, he never said or acted negative about it. Just continued playing.

Plus Bearon Geddon (his teddy bear).

But I am generally a fan of more muted personalities.

Heel

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/13271477080#13

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up that we are currently targeting to release Curse of Naxxramas during the month of July. Unfortunately, we still have a lot of implementing and bug fixing to get through, so please stay tuned!

With that said, we are also targeting to reveal pricing details regarding Curse of Naxxramas next week on July 1st, so please keep an eye out for that.

Haly

You mean, like, worse than "All Druid, All The Time", or "All Mage, All The Time", or "All Priest, All The TIme"?

Haly

A meta where all you run into is Zoo, Freeze/Giants, and Miracle is awful. But that's just me.

3 decks is better than 1, I feel.

And all classes are getting represented in competitive games, so, like, it's not even a real problem. It just feels like it is, because shit players tend to gravitate toward FOTM, and all those decks are light on Legendaries. Cheap + Effective = Popular.

(You realize Miracle has existed since the inception of the game, right? It isn't even a new secret deck or something, it's been around since January or so. At least we have some variety now. Do you remember when Freeze mage was 500% better and the only thing people played? I assume you weren't here for that. It was awful.)

Patch 1.0.0.4243 said:
Blizzard’s mana cost is now 6 (up from 5).
Cone of Cold’s mana cost is now 4 (up from 3).
Frost Nova’s mana cost is now 3 (up from 2).

Patch 1.0.0.4458 said:
Pyroblast now costs 10 (up from 8)
The 8-cost Pyroblast made for an un-interactive experience where the Mage only needed to do 10 damage during the course of a game and then double Pyroblast you for the win. We want Mages to be more interactive with the opponent to achieve victory, rather than delay the game until they can Pyroblast.

JesseZao

Of all the streams I've seen, I think I just like watching Kripp because he doesn't do the whole subscribers/donations dance.

Indeed. Some streams have just become slaves to this feedback loop. People like Applejacked. I don't know how he does it, but the chat patronizing is really offputting to me. He could have plenty of interesting things to talk about, but instead he just gives in to endless loops of subs/donations/silly BM lethal acts. If you watch him for 15 minutes, you've seen everything there is.

frequency

I think I liked the time after Freeze Mage nerf and before UTH buff the most.

The current meta is a bit too bursty/aggro for my personal preference. But I think we have more class representation now than ever before.

Still, I really look forward to Naxx shaking things up. The game is a little stale to me right now honestly.

Haly

Blizzard needs to take a long, hard, look at Charge, because they've clearly underestimated how good it is in a game where creatures get to attack targets directly.

Charge turns every creature into removal, and direct damage. The perfect card, basically. Valuing it at 3 "points" was mistake, it would be a lot better at 4.

inky

I can't tell if you are being serious :p I thought Charge was out of fashion.

I've also been out of the loop for a few weeks. Between the GAF tourney, last season rush, and ton of work I've had to do I burned out on the game and I am just waiting for that sweet new content.

Haly

The mechanic, not the card, you goof.

(And they DID nerf Charge, the card, into the ground.)

Haly

They nerfed all the Freeze cards in December, realized it wasn't enough, then promptly nerfed Pyroblast in January.

Freeze Mage went into cryogenic stasis until this month, and with the rise of aggro/burst, it came back with a vengeance.

That's the other thing. We've been getting new deck techs in response to the meta every month or so. May? Lifecoach, two Miracles variants, Gaara Ramp, Shockadin. June? Amaz Priest, Velen Priest, Freeze Mage, anti-Miracle Rogues, Face Warrior.

Seriously, the meta has never been healthier. Don't blame the game, blame copy pastarino culture.

Blizzard needs to take a long, hard, look at Charge, because they've clearly underestimated how good it is in a game where creatures get to attack targets directly.

Charge turns every creature into removal, and direct damage. The perfect card, basically.

This and card draw are the two things that seem off in the card pool. Not just Miracle Rogues either-watching druids cook through 2x innervates in the first five turns yet still have four cards in their hands on turn 12 while still making big plays every turn, Freeze Mage's ability to cycle through their deck, etc. It all seems too easy/cheap.

Haly

Today, I teach a Priest not to be over-enthusiastic about drawing cards, and the importance of board control/stabilization:

Guess who did nothing but draw and heal and buff for the first 5 turns with Pyromancer and Northshire?

This and card draw are the two things that seem off in the card pool. Not just Miracle Rogues either-watching druids cook through 2x innervates in the first five turns yet still have four cards in their hands on turn 12 while still making big plays every turn, Freeze Mage's ability to cycle through their deck, etc. It all seems too easy/cheap.

Yeah, this is part of it as well. Especially Warlock's Necropotence Hero Power.

Repgnar

Really enjoying this game. Should get all of the decks to level 10 tomorrow/this weekend. Haven't really settled on a deck to bring into rank for this month because i'm enjoying all of the ones i've played so far. Still have to level up Hunter and Paladin. I admit to playing Zoolock because the deck itself is cheap and quite fun. Would eventually like to play a Murlock deck. Are those viable?

Haly

I admit to playing Zoolock because the deck itself is cheap and quite fun. Would eventually like to play a Murlock deck. Are those viable?

Zoo but sillier and more fun (and worse).

Tarazet

I feel like there's really good deck variety right now.. I've messed around with Combo Shaman, Shockadin, Control Warrior, Tempo Rogue, Handlock, Ramp Druid, Aggro Mage, Freeze Mage, Kolento Hunter, and they're all really strong except against their class foils.. every deck has it and you'll know it when you find it. I never insta-concede just because I'm playing Shaman against a Hunter, but I usually wind up wishing I had.

Raxus

With more midrange decks hitting the field there is room for more variety. Zoolocks will die out with the incoming priestageddon.

The only big decks that need to be addressed is giants and miracle.

However the new meta is going to be so weird to get used to.

zoukka

With more midrange decks hitting the field there is room for more variety. Zoolocks will die out with the incoming priestageddon.

The only big decks that need to be addressed is giants and miracle.

Zoo has gotten the best new cards if you don't count the priest 3-drop... If anything Zoo will crush the ladder at first because thhe deck is quick to figure out and modify with the new cards.

I hope control decks get some good new removal.

Ekop is just mad that he joined up with azubu instead of growing his fanbase on twitch. How did that work out for him? Dude is just salty over his bad business decisions. When a socially awkward guy can pull in 20k viewers daily and you are making no money, I'm sure it makes him angry.

Raxus

Zoo has gotten the best new cards if you don't count the priest 3-drop... If anything Zoo will crush the ladder at first because thhe deck is quick to figure out and modify with the new cards.

I hope control decks get some good new removal.
All druids will likely run poison seeds/Starfall.

Priests new minion is crazy and most decks will run silence to account for all the new death rattles.

Vio-Lence

Banned

and small sample size!

Ekop is just mad that he joined up with azubu instead of growing his fanbase on twitch. How did that work out for him? Dude is just salty over his bad business decisions. When a socially awkward guy can pull in 20k viewers daily and you are making no money, I'm sure it makes him angry.

to be honest, I'm surprised that Trump has such a huge following on Twitch. he's un-charismatic. his personality is equivalent to a burnt piece of toast. for my tastes there are much better HS streams in terms of content, skills, and entertainment value. Lifecoach, Kolento, Forsen, Realz, etc.

I think the only guy who gets a similar number of viewers is Amaz, but they never stream at the same time, so they aren't competing.

Aylinato

Trump is awesome, he explains things very well, and is pretty hilarious when he takes gambits in games and gets crushed.

The best is when he plays arena and explains the card value for each pick.

I mean common he came up with value town.

zoukka

It's just about being everywhere and having a name that people recoqnize. "Trump's f2p deck" is something every HS player has heard of so when they go to twitch and see Trump streaming they tune in. Same with "Reynad's Zoo".

These guys are nothing special but they were there in the beginning and twitch users stick to these streams like flies to flypaper. It doesn't even matter that the streamer is bland, the viewers will make his face, his every word a meme, an emote and gospel. In all honesty I find twitch users to be extremely creepy, donating 15$ to these streamers to say "I want to be your first donator this morning!" or asking some inane questions.

First thing you do in twitch is settings - hide chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom