• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So disenchanted a bunch of stuff, have enough for a legendary. Thalnos or Leeroy?

What classes do you prefer? Thalnos is great for Mage. Leeroy is good for Warlock, Hunter, and Paladin. They're both almost equally great for Shaman and Rogue.

johnsmith

remember me
Got enough dust for another legendary. Wondering whether I should make the black knight or hold off until naxx comes out and see what the new meta looks like.

Repgnar

Finished at rank 11 between playing a Paladin and cheap zoo lock deck this weekend after starting this game on the 19th/20th of June. Really enjoying it and it's easy to get games in while doing other things/waiting for friends on the weekends. Was hoping to hit 10 tonight but couldn't play because of work. How does the start of a season work? Probably won't be able to play until the 4 day weekend starts but do people wait a few days before starting the next season to avoid the higher ranked people brought back up or is it just a grab bag of decks you'll face at the start?

Also, there's all ways going to be something at the top of the 'tier list'. A game is never going to be completed balanced-wise and that's what makes online competitive games fun, for me at least. The changing meta and new strategies that pop up. League is a good example I think of a game I play that this also applies to. Whether the top of the tier list gets nerfed or a new strategy pops up the king will eventually be dethroned.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Got enough dust for another legendary. Wondering whether I should make the black knight or hold off until naxx comes out and see what the new meta looks like.

You might as well wait. The Black Knight is a great card but you might regret not spending the dust on one of the Naxx legendaries.

After a month and a half of avoiding arena like the plague, everything is finally clicking now, went 6/5/6/7/10 and am now making enough money to go infinite. Even though I've been drafting what I think are some schlocky decks I keep having strong showings. I have a horrible rogue deck I picked up but i'm hoping for the best on it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I got "Charm" card-back... how did I earn this?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rank 20 by the end of season.
Nice! Any more of these?

Any "missable" ones that I've missed out on because I started playing again?

Defuso

Nice! Any more of these?

Any "missable" ones that I've missed out on because I started playing again?

There was one card back each month so far (for reaching rank 20) and there is still the same card back for reaching legend and one additional card back (fireside gathering).

Yoshichan

Well that sucks :)

Yoshichan

So reaching rank 20 every season is the only thing I should be doing in order to not miss any missables? No such thing as rank 10 missable or whatever?

Yoshichan

edit: thanks!

Do we know when we can't get this anymore?

Kenaras

QPZ4AV186RUK1404172823076.jpg

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Disappointed the Charm card back doesn't have a neat little animation like the other other card backs.

Also, Colma's Tempo Warrior deck is surprisingly nice. You wouldn't know it from looking at it. I was laddering my Warrior with variations of Reynad's old warrior decks in past seasons to get my golden warrior since I didn't have the cards for control warrior. Got 100 away but got burned out with how ineffective Reynad's deck was with the meta. I've been trying to put together something aggro to finish the climb but couldn't find anything effective. With Colma's deck, I'm even taking out Miracle Rogues with no problem. It really addresses my main issue with Reynad's deck which was the real lack of card draw. I never seem to be hurting for cards. Hoping I can finally power through and at last get my gold warrior this season.

Yoshichan

3040 gold... to spend on decks or arena :/?

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
3040 gold... to spend on decks or arena :/?

You might want to wait and see how much gold Naxx costs first. I'd do arena if you're choosing between the two though. There were times I would get frustrated by arena and just cash out on card packs but I regret it now. I lost all that experience learning arena and I've been tracking my arena rewards and while I'm still not great at it, I at least come out ahead of what I'd be spending on straight card packs.

Also, I'm probably alone here but I'm pretty lukewarm on that Naxx back. I don't hate it. It's just ok. I like a lot of the other ones better.

And to correct myself on my earlier post, I guess the charm back does have a very subtle sparkle effect, but it's hardly noticeable. But I guess there is some animation to it.

Slashlen

Also, I'm probably alone here but I'm pretty lukewarm on that Naxx back. I don't hate it. It's just ok. I like a lot of the other ones better.

The best thing about the Naxx back is it suggests that Naxx actually is coming out this month and July isn't just a target date to be missed.

Minsc

Gold Member
The best thing about the Naxx back is it suggests that Naxx actually is coming out this month and July isn't just a target date to be missed.

True, but they still have their hands full with it. Going by the recent blue posts Naxx "isn't finished" (so it's not just like sitting there all pretty and getting a delay for no reason), and iirc the golden Naxx cards (which do exist) haven't been finalized in terms of how they will be awarded - and depending on how that is it could potentially add a bit of work to Naxx.

Yoshichan

man, I was not ready for hour 1 post-reset Ranked matches. Went on a massive losing streak and got to 0 star rank 20 almost immediately.

A lot of strange and unorthodox decks sprinkled in with a couple of good players running actual current meta decks makes it really hard to tell what it is going on.

I love the beginning of a new season. It feels like everyone runs Zoo (or some type of aggro deck) to try and power up in ranks, so I just run my mostly anti-Zoo Shaman deck. It's fun.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
man, I was not ready for hour 1 post-reset Ranked matches. Went on a massive losing streak and got to 0 star rank 20 almost immediately.

A lot of strange and unorthodox decks sprinkled in with a couple of good players running actual current meta decks makes it really hard to tell what it is going on.

First of the season is always wild. I'm actually doing better this first day than I have past seasons. I didn't play much last season and started off at rank 20 and I've blown my way up to 16 this morning. Only lost 3 matches. Two of them to Shaman surprisingly.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
True, but they still have their hands full with it. Going by the recent blue posts Naxx "isn't finished" (so it's not just like sitting there all pretty and getting a delay for no reason), and iirc the golden Naxx cards (which do exist) haven't been finalized in terms of how they will be awarded - and depending on how that is it could potentially add a bit of work to Naxx.

They should award the gold Naxx cards for like an advanced challenge mode. I hope you don't have to grind them out.

CoolOff

They should award the gold Naxx cards for like an advanced challenge mode.

I thought it was confirmed that this was what they were gonna do? Or was it just part of the leak? One of the challenges for gold cards is supposedly:

Playing a Hunter-deck with 30 of the new 1/1 spider that gives you a random beast on death.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
I thought it was confirmed that this was what they were gonna do? Or was it just part of the leak? One of the challenges for gold cards is supposedly:

Playing a Hunter-deck with 30 of the new 1/1 spider that gives you a random beast on death.

Hah, that sounds awesome!

Yoshichan

I would still do 2-3 arenas because arena is addicting
2-3? You mean 2 win 3 loss arenas?

Currently 3-0 on my shit druid deck :lol Arena can be fun.

New season stomp is in full effect... suddenly my mid-game pally deck is feeling it's weaknesses hit pretty hard (hand lock is still a bitch match...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom