• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

My win rate against zoo is really high as warrior. Sometimes the draws just don't go my way but most of the time it's no problem. You'll never get good value in the early game vs zoo so just throw out all of your cards and keep the board neutral until your godly late game is ready. You have to be okay with using execute to do 2 damage or running a kok'ron elite into something for just 1:1, you'll make up for it later. Are you running Baron?

Yeah I'm missing Baron which is pretty important. But you say godly late game when I see it as dropping legendaries that basically time walk my opponent. Even Alex can be useless if zoo has the board.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: NOPE YOU DID NOT ARNOLD!

I will NOT give you the satisfaction!

V_Arnold

Wow, did I just randomly enter this thread to find a rare sighting of a Yoshi rage? :D

(Btw, I was about to ask you guys whether I should come back to this game. Did it improve/change much since closed beta? Before the first big wipe.)

Yeah I'm missing Baron which is pretty important. But you say godly late game when I see it as dropping legendaries that basically time walk my opponent. Even Alex can be useless if zoo has the board.

Alex is almost always useless against zoo because they tap themselves to 18hp or so before turn 9 anyway. Baron makes a huge difference. In the past I ran 1 wild pyromancer to deal with zoo. You can get insane value off of a wild pyro and armorsmiths too, so it's not useless in control matchups either. I don't run it anymore, but it has a nice utility for us. Lots of 1 mana spells and minions that like to take a point or two of damage.

zoukka

Yeah I mean Alexing myself of course :)

You basically need great synergies with Armorsmith and Acolyte of Ping to even stand a chance against zoo. If you don't see an Axe or Smith in your opening, you can almost concede right away. Brawl is not a reliable way to counter zoo.

Maybe I really need to just switch Korkrons to Tazdingo's since all I see is zoo's today. A korkron trading 1:1 against zoo is a horrible turn.

I agree about the axes. If you get an axe in your opening hand you have a pretty solid chance to win. If you don't see it by turn 4 things are probably going to get way out of hand. Brawl is pretty much just a way to pray-away-the-doomguard.

I think Baron is the reason why we have a different opinion. He's really devastating to zoo and they have so few ways to get rid of him if you set up the board on turn 6 to make his aoe count. If he doesn't have doomguard in hand it's likely that baron survives a turn, at which point the game is pretty much won. I wouldn't craft him because he's such a goofy card, but I'm glad I have him for warlocks and shaman.

zoukka

No I will definitely craft him at some point. Naxx looks like Zoo will only get better and I aim to play control warrior as my main deck supplemented with whatever else I can build.

CoolOff

Yeah I mean Alexing myself of course :)

You basically need great synergies with Armorsmith and Acolyte of Ping to even stand a chance against zoo. If you don't see an Axe or Smith in your opening, you can almost concede right away. Brawl is not a reliable way to counter zoo.

Maybe I really need to just switch Korkrons to Tazdingo's since all I see is zoo's today. A korkron trading 1:1 against zoo is a horrible turn.

I'm running 1 Korkron and 1 Sen'jin, only change I did to Tides defensive build. It's the first time I'm actually performing consistently with Control Warrior. Ysera is way more useful than I thought she'd be.

http://tempostorm.com/articles/breaking-down-control-warrior-with-tides-of-time

It doesn't use Geddon but I do okay against zoo anyway. Harrison is so good in this meta.

If you're a priest and have a Soul Priest out, and you're under 15 health, will using Alexstraza kill you? Better yet, could you do that to kill your opponent?

Terrified

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but wondered if anyone had seen this...

http://m.pcgamer.com/2014/07/02/hearthstone-tournament/

A user on Reddit's Hearthstone community yesterday shared this image—taken from an announcement page for Finland's Assembly e-sports tournament. What made "Karuta's" post notable was a single, highlighted sentence: "The participation is open only to Finnish male players."

Thought is may be thread worthy, but firstly I'm a junior, secondly currently on mobile so have limited search functionality. Couldn't see it anywhere on first few pages or on search though.

Edit: didn't realise this was in Community as opposed to Discussion. Again, on mobile, so apologies for potentially posting in the wrong place.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but wondered if anyone had seen this...

http://m.pcgamer.com/2014/07/02/hearthstone-tournament/

Thought is may be thread worthy, but firstly I'm a junior, secondly currently on mobile so have limited search functionality. Couldn't see it anywhere on first few pages or on search though.

Edit: didn't realise this was in Community as opposed to Discussion. Again, on mobile, so apologies for potentially posting in the wrong place.

Damn. Shame on the IeSF.

GeoGonzo

http://m.pcgamer.com/2014/07/02/hearthstone-tournament/.

Ugh, that's pretty terrible.

"In accordance with the International e-Sports Federation's (IeSF) tournament regulations, since the main tournament event is open to male players only. This is to avoid possible conflicts (e.g. a female player eliminating a male player during RO8) among other things."

What does this even mean😐

CoolOff

What does this even mean😐

From Reddit:

The Assembly tournament is a qualifier for the IESF world championship tournament. The IESF organizers don't allow female contestants in the hearthstone tournament. Because of that, the assembly tournament is only open to male players, they're the only ones who can qualify.

The assembly organizers think it's just as retarded as we do, but they have to play along with IESF, at least until Someone even higher up puts an end to this.

Bizazedo

A tip to all control warriors playing against Priest. Think of the matchup as you were playing freezemage. Keep the board clear and wait for Alex. Don't try to peck the priests life apart because that won't do you no good in the long run, they will stabilize always against a warrior.

Ramp druid is just as bad as zoo.

Wisdom.

I had a Priest get to 8 and 9 fatigue before finally winning versus him. It was a bit nutty.

spacebear

I've been stuck at this screen for about 10 minutes now, looks like someone found a way to stall the countdown :/

0y861m6.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
A coworker is gonna buy 40 card packs, it's gonna be damn hype to see him open them.

Strider

I just randomly got my daily quest about an hour ago. It's gonna be weird to me if it's really in the middle of the day now.

Xanathus

I'm trying to get legend this season and am at rank 12 at the moment, but I see top streamers who do nothing but play HS all the day are around 10. I guess this means I should wait a bit for an easier time.

Badgerst3

Just found this game and wow do I suck. Tried a zoo build but couldn't complete the deck and got crushed.

Have only won 1 arena with a warrior. How do you get legendary cards?

I bought one deck and it had rares. I can never seem to draw cards as good as my opponent. Have read a few guides linked here, but mostly just rolling with it.

Should I flood the board with low level minions or tons of taunt cards?

And damn if everyone doesn't seem to have Leroy Jenkins. Grrrrr

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yesterday was horrible. Played till 10am and lost over 600 gold in arena.

At least I got Ysera from a deck though :(

Just found this game and wow do I suck. Tried a zoo build but couldn't complete the deck and got crushed.

Have only won 1 arena with a warrior. How do you get legendary cards?

I bought one deck and it had rares. I can never seem to draw cards as good as my opponent. Have read a few guides linked here, but mostly just rolling with it.

Should I flood the board with low level minions or tons of taunt cards?

And damn if everyone doesn't seem to have Leroy Jenkins. Grrrrr
Legendaries are random in packs. It took me a couple of months to get one. Some people have to wait much longer.

frequency

That e-sports thing disallowing women to compete is gross. It makes me really mad reading it.

Really mad.

The side effect of this is also that teams are less likely to even consider picking up female players because they could potentially just not be eligible for tournaments because they're female.

rac

Banned
This game hates me. I finally get a legendary and its god damn Edwin.

I really don't want to play miracle rogue guys, I swear.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Nice. Are you out or do you have more matches?
I have more matches, but im pretty much playing for fourth place.
We have 3 guys that got 1st,2nd and third on the previous 2 tournaments... we're doing a league now so the low tier players like me get to play more. lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom