• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

I don't even know what those are but if I could trade the legendary for two druid epics I would.

I think I'm just going to make a new account do all the quests and stick to arena.

Can't you just disenchant it and craft the cards you want?

rac

Banned
Can't you just disenchant it and craft the cards you want?

I'd only be able to craft one epic when I disenchant the legendary, so I'd rather just wait till a can craft a full deck before wasting it.

edit: Which is going to be a long ass time anyways.

Aylinato

Speaking of mages my arena run people have been greedy as fuck against me. I'm controlling the board and they keep going for face. One dude let me have 20 damage on the board when he had 23 life. You trust a Mage to not pull out 2 more damage? Comon son

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
They have a point. Counting to 30 is really hard. I spent all my time learning to cook and sew. No time for math. I can't cope with the difficult mathematics Hearthstone requires.

You should try learning math by doing precise calculations on the exact weights of meats and veggies needed to properly create your man's sandwich. You probably wouldn't be able to do math like all the big boys doing calculus in Hearthstone, but we might find it amusing and pat you on the head.

johnsmith

remember me
Speaking of mages my arena run people have been greedy as fuck against me. I'm controlling the board and they keep going for face. One dude let me have 20 damage on the board when he had 23 life. You trust a Mage to not pull out 2 more damage? Comon son
Yeah. I've been seeing a lot of this too. The arena meta has been shifting to stupid aggro. Really only works if the person you're playing drafts no AOE.

Aylinato

Bnet forums are weird. There are actually people arguing women can't cope with the math required to play at an esports level.

I only read the bnet forums for laughs. Their moderators don't ban people for being ignorant unlike neogaf and other forums which are not sexist places.

I mean they bitch about all sorts of things.

And as for arena I drafted Mage with only one blizzard, 2 fireballs, 1 polymorph and the rest are creatures(big and some strong early game

Yeah been playing arena again for the first time in ages and getting significantly better results because of all of the "to the face" mentality. Control decks just own arena right now.

Aylinato

Yeah been playing arena again for the first time in ages and getting significantly better results because of all of the "to the face" mentality. Control decks just own arena right now.

Yeah I've got a control Mage and have won game that were pretty close. I'll probably destroy priests because of the strength of 4 drops

I only read the bnet forums for laughs. Their moderators don't ban people for being ignorant unlike neogaf and other forums which are not sexist places.

I mean they bitch about all sorts of things.

And as for arena I drafted Mage with only one blizzard, 2 fireballs, 1 polymorph and the rest are creatures(big and some strong early game

Someone is accusing me of being on a witch hunt because I pointed out that "the average woman can't compete in hs" (or whatever the guy claimed) was just a pretext for sexism.

I mean, how can any rational person think this is not sexism. To reject someone not on their ability to succeed but their gender is discrimination on the basis of sex, right? How can anyone argue that is acceptable and then claim that is not sexist reasoning.

Someone is accusing me of being on a witch hunt because I pointed out that "the average woman can't compete in hs" (or whatever the guy claimed) was just a pretext for sexism.

I mean, how can any rational person think this is not sexism. To reject someone not on their ability to succeed but their gender is discrimination on the basis of sex, right? How can anyone argue that is acceptable and then claim that is not sexist reasoning.

Yeah, it's time like these especially where it sucks that being an MVP on the forum amounts to jack all... I wish they'd open up at the very least better channels for us to get in contact with the CMs to get the moderators on top of situations like these.

Jrmint

What do you guys feel is the best iteration of the Druid decks in the current meta? I play with a few variations but have been overall disappointed.

My personal favorite is ramp with violet teachers and 2 FoN. No yetis.

What do you guys think?

Violet_0

Banned
What do you guys feel is the best iteration of the Druid decks in the current meta? I play with a few variations but have been overall disappointed.

My personal favorite is ramp with violet teachers and 2 FoN. No yetis.

What do you guys think?

some mix between ramp and mid-range which is basically the same to me anyway. Probably double combo although I don't really know how people constantly manage to pull this off against me without clogging their hand, oh well. Don't play too many late-game legendaries, run one or two Argent Commanders instead. No more than one AoW max because the inevitable Black Knight in druid mirrors will just ruin your day.
Violet Teacher works best with Power of the Wild but then you already essentially have a token druid deck

Jrmint

Yea I run PotW with it also. I know people like Commanders in the deck also but it ends up feeling clunky to me. I'm gonna try out 1 Defender of Argus to see how that feels.

Minsc

Gold Member
XCphQmD.png

The difference between 1 and 0 is bigger than it looks, poor miracle rogue!

So desperate fishing for that last point of damage after the two minion attacks and 5 damage eviscerate to the face, trying to cycle preps in to fan of knives to get more and more cards looking for anything that could turn the 15 damage in to 16 and seal the win. :)

frequency

I'm really liking Realz's stream. I think he's ahead of Trump as a Hearthstone streamer for me now. He does such a good job talking through his plays and he seems to just be a generally nice guy. I like nice guys.

I always had an image of competitive WoW PvP players. Realz isn't anything like I would've expected.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
How are you guys not bored with the current pool of cards yet? Must be newer players I'm guessing?

I haven't spent enough money on the game to get all the popular decks in the meta yet. Still no miracle, handlock, or ramp druid for me.

Hey man don't hate! These cards are staples in my (unfinished) Randuin Wrynn deck :p

They were the first two legendaries I got too heh so they are special to me!

Millhouse is by far the worst card in the game. I've seen him played exactly once, and I steamrolled that guy for doing it. I was playing Hunter, and the other guy dropped a Pint-sized Summoner and Millhouse on the 5 mana turn. I played Buzzard, Animal Companion (got the 2/4 +1 attack for all minions), UTH (got two hounds), Flare, Explosive Shot (wiping out his board), Timber Wolf, Explosive Trap, the Coin, and ended with Steady Shot. He conceded as soon as I finished the turn.

I guess I'm pretty lucky, though, because my first legendary was Alex, and she is amazing.

Tarazet

Millhouse is by far the worst card in the game. I've seen him played exactly once, and I steamrolled that guy for doing it. I was playing Hunter, and the other guy dropped a Pint-sized Summoner and Millhouse on the 5 mana turn. I played Buzzard, Animal Companion (got the 2/4 +1 attack for all minions), UTH (got two hounds), Flare, Explosive Shot (wiping out his board), Timber Wolf, Explosive Trap, the Coin, and ended with Steady Shot. He conceded as soon as I finished the turn.

I guess I'm pretty lucky, though, because my first legendary was Alex, and she is amazing.

23WJ7Ax.png

Tarazet

By the way, why is it every single time I try to play Control Warrior, I get matched up against 3 Priests in a row who are all able to steal my entire fucking deck and kill me with it? I swear, I wasted an hour to win once. And then the one game I get against murlocs, mulligan everything to get one of my two Whirlwinds and never see it before I die.

Heel

Guys! Guys!... I just realized, we will finally get to play Naxxaramas this month!
(Maybe)

Yep! Let's just stay posit-

We recently just completed all major implementation tasks and are now working on polish as well as some final implementation items.

Our primary focus now is on bug fixing and getting the game ready for ship. The team has fixed over 200 bugs just in the last week alone, and new bugs continue to be discovered. After all of the identified bugs have been addressed, the game will still need to undergo several rounds of quality assurance tests to ensure that the game is ready.

...hey, how about August?

johnsmith

remember me
So much aggro on the ladder. Do I go aggro myself or anti-aggro?

And wtf is with all these weird decks. Hunters running senjins and azure drakes.

zoukka

That e-sports thing disallowing women to compete is gross. It makes me really mad reading it.

Really mad.

The side effect of this is also that teams are less likely to even consider picking up female players because they could potentially just not be eligible for tournaments because they're female.

Makes anything related to these organizations look fucking stupid and immature.

Boycotting is easy, let's do it!

So much aggro on the ladder. Do I go aggro myself or anti-aggro?

And wtf is with all these weird decks. Hunters running senjins and azure drakes.

Yeah, I think I played the same hunters, or at least similar builds. I just played a Shaman who used Rockbiter on Turn 1 to hit me in the face for 3. He conceded on Turn 7.

It's sad that Blizzard isn't willing to buff Paladins. They're obviously much weaker than any other class in constructed it will be like that for a long time :|

I have a new terrible combo idea after watching Day9 play the Crusher shaman deck.

Leeroy > Ancestral Spirit x2 > Hit Face > Kill Leeroy (Lightning Bolt or Double Frost Shock) > then hit face with two fresh Leeroys.

Of course, it's easier to Leeroy > Rockbiter > Windfury for the same amount of damage, but it's something I have to do something for the style points.

Edit: It's a shame Ancestral Spirit doesn't retain buffs because then you use use cheaper charge cards.

Tacitus_

Value Deathwing. He discarded 2 cards and had only the dark iron in play. Still managed to win after he topdecked a voidwalker and I topdecked a BoK to get my initiate through it and the sergeant to kill him.

E: oh and iesf realized that they dun goofed and posted this pr

Our reason for maintaining events for women only is that we acknowledge the importance of providing women with ample opportunities to compete in e-Sports, a currently male-dominated industry. Without efforts to improve female representation in e-Sports events, we can't achieve true gender equality.

However, we realize that hosting a "male-only" competition is not the right way to go - as we stated, the industry is already male-dominated. The fact that a female-only competition is being held for the reason stated above doesn't mean that there is need to define the main competitions as "male-only".

Therefore, we have decided to remove "male-only" competitions. This means the upcoming IeSF World Championship will host tournaments in 2 sections: an "open-for-all" section which is open for all genders (replacing men-only competitions), and a female-only tournaments as stated previously.

Also, in order to apply the new policy with consistency, IeSF has added an “Open for All” Tekken Tag Tournament 2 competition as well. So, this is the new and updated title list for IeSF 6th e-Sports World Championship:

-- Main tournaments (open for all) --

DotA 2
StarCraft 2
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

-- Female-only tournaments --

StarCraft 2
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

IeSF also want to formally apologize to anyone that got offended by the initial announcement. As we strive to do the best we can to promote e-Sports as a true sports beyond any barriers, mistakes might happen along the way, but it is our duty as a community of e-Sports fans and enthusiasts to learn from those mistakes and to make sure they remain in the past.

We wish you all the best, and we hope to see you attending the upcoming 6th e-Sports World Championship BAKU 2014.

Tacitus_

Every AoL gnaws at their soul. I mean you get a beefed up Yeti and Arcane intellect in one card without drawbacks and in a game where every minion is a threat and a removal by default. Swell!

It costs 7 mana, the same as yeti + int. Don't be so salty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom