• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronabo

I went from 19 to 12 in one setting.

Never won that many games in a row before. However many it was since I didn't take note.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gonna need help making a good paladin control deck with only two legendaries (Ysera and Onyxia)... making a post about it soon.

zoukka

It costs 7 mana, the same as yeti + int. Don't be so salty.

Did I imply something else? That's the combined value of the most efficient minion in the game and a great card draw spell... And one attack point. It's a dumb boring "hit 7 mana just play it!" Type of card that requires zero strategy and setup.

Did I imply something else? That's the combined value of the most efficient minion in the game and a great card draw spell... And one attack point. It's a dumb boring "hit 7 mana just play it!" Type of card that requires zero strategy and setup.

It all depends on the situation. Sometimes it's a tough play that late in the game depending on what your opponent is throwing at you. I frequently pass on AoL.

GeoGonzo

It all depends on the situation. Sometimes it's a tough play that late in the game depending on what your opponent is throwing at you. I frequently pass on AoL.
Not to mention the times you may want to save it for a heal if you are expecting Alex from a warrior/mage.

I realize this only makes the card sound even more overpowered, which I may or may not agree with... what I wouldn't agree is with this:
It's a dumb boring "hit 7 mana just play it!" Type of card that requires zero strategy and setup.

Vio-Lence

Banned
It's a dumb boring "hit 7 mana just play it!" Type of card that requires zero strategy and setup.

except you would be 100% wrong. playing your lore on curve for card draw against freeze mage would be suicide for the most part. its best to hold them back for heals after they go alex.

Xanathus

Ugh I'm on a tilt, dropped from 12 to 14. It seemed like everyone I was playing had the exact counter for my class.

edit: yeah... a zoo warlock with a Lorewalker Cho when I'm playing freeze mage.

I hate handlocks. Know what's coming and can't do anything to prevent it. And I can't run a specialized deck to deal with that single deck because it would be weak against all others. Handlock runners are the noob-tubers of Hearthstone.

Minsc

Gold Member
I hate handlocks. Know what's coming and can't do anything to prevent it. And I can't run a specialized deck to deal with that single deck because it would be weak against all others. Handlock runners are the noob-tubers of Hearthstone.

Freeze Mage is weak against all others?

Strider

Ugh I'm on a tilt, dropped from 12 to 14. It seemed like everyone I was playing had the exact counter for my class.

edit: yeah... a zoo warlock with a Lorewalker Cho when I'm playing freeze mage.

well there's a whole lot of freeze mage being played right now so naturally people will start adjusting their decks to help defeat it.

CoolOff

I actually find Handlock really simple to deal with, since you can play around them so hard. Classes that lack hard removal I guess can have a hard time, but as long as I get to Shield Slam at least one of their Mountain Giants my Control Warrior usually beats them. They have very few answers once Cairne/Ysera/Sylvanas/Grommash start rolling out.

Ikkarus

There is so my bloody aggro in Ranked. It kills any spirit I have when I encounter Shockadin, Zoo, or Face Hunter continuously. Sigh.

My one highlight was Double Innervate + Coin for a turn 1 Cairne against a fellow Druid.

Xanathus

well there's a whole lot of freeze mage being played right now so naturally people will start adjusting their decks to help defeat it.

Haven't seen a single freeze mage so far, I've seen miracle, backspace, lots of zoo, a few handlocks, ramp and token druids. It's making it really hard to pick a deck. And every time I change deck to counter one type, I then face the other ones that counters mine.

I've actually seen a few handlocks that are carrying lore walkers these days... if you think about it, it's actually a brilliant move. A board flooded with minions, the only 'cure' is going to be big spells. What warlock wouldn't want a flame strike? or an equality.

Xanathus

I've actually seen a few handlocks that are carrying lore walkers these days... if you think about it, it's actually a brilliant move. A board flooded with minions, the only 'cure' is going to be big spells. What warlock wouldn't want a flame strike? or an equality.

It wasn't a handlock that played the Cho, it was a freaking Zoo.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I feel like the past week has been Blizzard just trying to decide on the perfect price point to piss people off, but not piss them off enough that they stop playing.

I'm guessing in the 750 - 1000 range for each wing (maybe more for military wing), and announced at the same time as a reduction in daily quest gold.

I feel like the past week has been Blizzard just trying to decide on the perfect price point to piss people off, but not piss them off enough that they stop playing.

I'm guessing in the 750 - 1000 range for each wing (maybe more for military wing), and announced at the same time as a reduction in daily quest gold.

Uh yeah that'd piss people off a lot. No way will they reduce gold from quest rewards.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
They already know that those of us who have been playing for a bit and take it semi-seriously have enough gold to get it all right away. They're trying to see what the max limit is for a casual to pay when they get fed up about getting smacked by Naxx cards and think they can even the playing field just by getting the cards.

Tarazet

So you're going to get a Flame Strike or Equality to play against an empty board and still have no other cards. Awesome. Lorewalker Cho is horrible.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
On the vurge of biting my own tongue out of sheer frustration.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
On the vurge of biting my own tongue out of sheer frustration.

You cannot make a Paladin control deck without certain epics/rares and card combinations. You will at the least need wraths, bghs/kodos/followzerules, pyros, equalities, and a lay. A Tirion isn't necessary but helps.

Everything before rank 5 doesn't matter. Play aggro to counter aggro and make the climb quicker.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Yeah it's a somewhat slow card. A slightly stronger yeti on Turn 7 or later isn't always what you need to establish board control. An ancient of war could often be a better play.

GeoGonzo

I reached lvl60 with my favourite class... now it feels like I should be playing something else whenever I finish a match and earn no XP.

Yoshichan

You cannot make a Paladin control deck without certain epics/rares and card combinations. You will at the least need wraths, bghs/kodos/followzerules, pyros, equalities, and a lay. A Tirion isn't necessary but helps.

Everything before rank 5 doesn't matter. Play aggro to counter aggro and make the climb quicker.
How the heck do I play aggro paladin? What're the required cards? I don't have legendaries except Onyxia and Ysera...

frequency

E: oh and iesf realized that they dun goofed and posted this pr
Our reason for maintaining events for women only is that we acknowledge the importance of providing women with ample opportunities to compete in e-Sports, a currently male-dominated industry. Without efforts to improve female representation in e-Sports events, we can't achieve true gender equality.

However, we realize that hosting a "male-only" competition is not the right way to go - as we stated, the industry is already male-dominated. The fact that a female-only competition is being held for the reason stated above doesn't mean that there is need to define the main competitions as "male-only".

Therefore, we have decided to remove "male-only" competitions. This means the upcoming IeSF World Championship will host tournaments in 2 sections: an "open-for-all" section which is open for all genders (replacing men-only competitions), and a female-only tournaments as stated previously.

Also, in order to apply the new policy with consistency, IeSF has added an “Open for All” Tekken Tag Tournament 2 competition as well. So, this is the new and updated title list for IeSF 6th e-Sports World Championship:

-- Main tournaments (open for all) --

DotA 2
StarCraft 2
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

-- Female-only tournaments --

StarCraft 2
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

IeSF also want to formally apologize to anyone that got offended by the initial announcement. As we strive to do the best we can to promote e-Sports as a true sports beyond any barriers, mistakes might happen along the way, but it is our duty as a community of e-Sports fans and enthusiasts to learn from those mistakes and to make sure they remain in the past.

We wish you all the best, and we hope to see you attending the upcoming 6th e-Sports World Championship BAKU 2014

Awesome! We probably still won't see a lot of female competitors right away but this is definitely a step in the right direction to opening up e-sports. I believe being inclusive will have a positive effect long term for gender equality in e-sports and to truly legitimize it as a thing.

I'm really happy that "the internet" was loud enough for them to change their minds about this. Good job internet!

Maybe it can start with seeing Hafu at more things. She's one of the best players right now and one of the biggest personalities in the HS community but she's like never invited to any tournaments.

I'm an expert

How the heck do I play aggro paladin? What're the required cards? I don't have legendaries except Onyxia and Ysera...

You wouldn't use either of those in a pally deck, and Onyxia you can just de. You can check plenty of pally rush decks on hearthpwn. You can build a divine shield version and try for blood knight shenanigans, you can do a sword of justice build, or just a typical zoo. They're all anchored by divine favor refilling your hand.

frequency

I find the 1 health point Pally rush deck interesting.

Where you have mostly 1 HP minions and a couple equalities for if you need to clear taunts and stuff. Not the strongest deck and super weak to mage but I think it's interesting and games can end really quickly if you get like wolfrider or something and your blessing cards.

Yoshichan

You wouldn't use either of those in a pally deck, and Onyxia you can just de. You can check plenty of pally rush decks on hearthpwn. You can build a divine shield version and try for blood knight shenanigans, you can do a sword of justice build, or just a typical zoo. They're all anchored by divine favor refilling your hand.

Seems to much of a bother.

With that being said, and also me going down three ranks back to 17 (I was rank 4 when the game actually mattered, after beta), I think I can hear the bell saving me from causing a disaster in my house.

I'm an expert

With that being said, and also me going down three ranks back to 17 (I was rank 4 when the game actually mattered, after beta), I think I can hear the bell saving me from causing a disaster in my house.

What's too much of a bother? Not even sure what the issue is.

Strider

For aggro paladin divine favor is a must as well as all of your clears... 2 Truesilver, 2 Consecration, 2 equality, 2 Hammer of Wrath and at least 1 avenging wrath. Probably 2 for you since you dont have Leeroy yet. Also a couple blessing of mights are nice to have to clear any taunt minions or to buff a charge minion for the finish.

Minions I can recommend off the top are 1 drops and low cost minions with charge. Leper Gnome, Abusive Sargeant, Worgen, Bluegill, Wolfrider, Arcane Golem. Fill in the rest with minions you think work best for you.

Basicaly flood the board with minions, use divine favor to refill your hand and use your board clears when necessary.

Yoshichan

What's too much of a bother? Not even sure what the issue is.
I just don't want to disenchant everything I have so that I can craft a decent fucking deck that isn't in my own preference (I prefer the control-type of game, not the aggro-bullshit that Blizzard so much encourages in this game).

I'm an expert

I just don't want to disenchant everything I have so that I can craft a decent fucking deck that isn't in my own preference (I prefer the control-type of game, not the aggro-bullshit that Blizzard so much encourages in this game).

If you don't want to disenchant, play arena or buy cards. Or wait for Naxx when current decks won't even work anymore. Control still completely rules the top meta. No one plays rush seriously at legend ranks. Rush is meant to make the grind to legend faster. It works, so why not save yourself the time to get to the ranks where rush falls off and control vs control is the standard. The issue is you're picking an expensive deck if you don't have the standard cards. What do you have? You can play a version of budget war control with just Ysera. You can do handlock. You can do ramp or token druid with combo. You can do mid-range hunter. You can do Randuin. You can do freeze mage. Plenty of control options.

Bizazedo

Eh at bolded?

I'd think it's more impressive now to fight to Legendary as people have more cards / know what they're doing. Beta / immediately after was feasting on a lot of newbs.

Yoshichan

DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME :mad:

I AM ANGRY

SMASH!

zoukka

Yoshi, you can't make competive control decks without grinding/paying the key cards.

Miracle Rogue is pretty cheap for the power level you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom