• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Cairne out of a pack! Only cards I feel I'm critically in need of right now are Thalnos, and mountain/molten giants + druid ancients (so I can play a half-decent handlock and pretty much any basic druid deck respectively).

Not sure what to go for first. Probably Thalnos. Then the climb towards the other cards will feel easier.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Got Cairne out of a pack! Only cards I feel I'm critically in need of right now are Thalnos, and mountain/molten giants + druid ancients (so I can play a half-decent handlock and pretty much any basic druid deck respectively).

Not sure what to go for first. Probably Thalnos. Then the climb towards the other cards will feel easier.

Thalnos has gotten the most value of any card I've crafted. He can fit in so many decks.

Thalnos has gotten the most value of any card I've crafted. He can fit in so many decks.

Went with the Thalnos. He was the last piece I never had for my Miracle Rogue, and he goes in pretty much everything. Just pretty much the most value 2 drop in the game.

Edit: And Thalnos has already won me a couple games. Dat value.

Aylinato

Went with the Thalnos. He was the last piece I never had for my Miracle Rogue, and he goes in pretty much everything. Just pretty much the most value 2 drop in the game.

Edit: And Thalnos has already won me a couple games. Dat value.

I made a paladin deck with malygos as I got that reward from a pack on my highest arena run of 10-3

Just picked up Harrison Jones today. First legendary in a while. Based on the current meta he should be able to fit into most decks and not be a complete waste of time right? It also makes me feel better about dropping oozes out of most of my decks.

Edit: Rather, he fits into the meta if you are not a weapon wielding class. With all the miracle rogue/frost mage/zoo lock it is worthless, using harrison against doom hammer is probably a fucking tragedy waiting to happen unless you're decked out and if youre using it on a miracle rogue youre probably already dead. The card is probably dead right now but I'll throw it into my ramp druid for some extra card draw in lieu of twilight drake.

CoolOff

The card is probably dead right now but I'll throw it into my ramp druid for some extra card draw in lieu of twilight drake.

Yeah, Tides reasoning was pretty much "Harrison is gonna win me more games than that extra Azure Drake" (which I assume you meant).

If you're not heavily relying on spells, it totally makes sense to me. It's often a draw extra (against rogues), you destroy their weapon, and get another point of attack.

BearPawB

Banned
Got this naxx paranoia. Saving up all this gold like some sort of horder. Up to 1400ish right now.

Aiming for about 2000....But i also just realllyyyyy want to buy a bunch of packs.

Currently facing a turn 2 6/6 (inner fire + pws) nat pagle. I gotta give the guy some credit on that one.

3 turns in and he still hasn't caught anything though

Anyway I died on turn 5 as a control warrior. Pretty good for a priest.

What are the differences? I'm curious since I've taken kitkatz as a base and built my own Warrior from there.

Ysera and double faceless is a big difference. Druids just can't deal with ysera. Even if they silence it it, it's still a huge problem for them.

There's no baron in this deck, and I haven't fought zoo yet so we'll see. I might put baron in the Harrison slot, because I don't tend to lose to weapon classes very much anyway.

Water

I thought paladin was supposed to be one of the better matchups for token mage, but I've played like 3 paladins in a row and felt like I never had the slightest chance. I don't see how it's supposed to even be a winnable matchup, much less in favor of mage.

zoukka

Ysera and double faceless is a big difference. Druids just can't deal with ysera. Even if they silence it it, it's still a huge problem for them.

There's no baron in this deck, and I haven't fought zoo yet so we'll see. I might put baron in the Harrison slot, because I don't tend to lose to weapon classes very much anyway.

Ok so they sacrifice early game for late game power. I wouldn't dare run such a list in this meta at all.

zoukka

It actually takes out rag and alexstraza so the early game is pretty much the same.

Ah ok it's better to post lists when talking about decks so we don't have to guess what the lists run :b

mW2fjra.jpg

This is what I run. I will add Baron at some point. Here's the modifications I'll sometimes make:

Frothing - BGH (frothing is just an amazing all around 3 drop against anything. You won't usually get anything done with it but it always draws a premium removal and sometimes you get lucky and slam 10 to the face)

Frothing - Drake (drake offers more gas late game so it just depends on what decks you face)

Cairne - Argent Commander (cairne is the slowest card ever, only good against Druid and other warriors)

Slam - Cleave (I only recommend cleave if you play against nothing but zoo, otherwise slam is always better)

Gorehowl I couldn't live without. I played some other version that didn't play it, but the card is the most gas you can hope for against druids and other slower decks. Not to mention the 7 damage burst you sometimes need. Warrior decks sorely lacks finishing bursts aside Grommash.

Tides' deck
Kitkatz on Chanman's channel. Kitkatz actually talks about Tides' deck in the video around 11 minutes.

These are the decks I'm using. I'm keeping both around, for the time being. The only change I've made is that I put in gorehowl for harrison on tides' deck. I tried a few changes on Kitkatz' but I am back to the one he uses in the video these days.

Tides has done well for me so far but I'm skeptical. There's no BGH, which makes handlock a little less of a freebie, and without baron I'm less than confident vs zoo. We'll see how it goes. They're both fun decks though.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Tides took his warrior deck to rank 2 NA legend last night. Kitkatz' warrior is outdated, or at least any version running frothings or Alex is. I do love frothings though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I finally got my first legendary this weekend. Good ol Edwin. Pretty nice, as I had just started working on my rogue deck.

zoukka

Tides took his warrior deck to rank 2 NA legend last night. Kitkatz' warrior is outdated, or at least any version running frothings or Alex is. I do love frothings though.

Nah Alex still serves a purpose in many matchups and you can play one Frothing with ease, two is a bit too much in some cases. Cairne is clearly the "old meta" card and can be replaced.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Top players can hit top ranks with any deck. Case in point Kolento hit number 1 eu playing control paladin lol.

I'm an expert

Cairne is still run in war. Him and Sylvanas are defender/faceless targets. Only freeze mage consistently runs Alex anymore. Even handlocks dropped her.

Not saying it's unplayable, just that Alex is more offensive and with today's meta being so quick the defensive warrior works better.

Top players can hit top ranks with any deck. Case in point Kolento hit number 1 eu playing control paladin lol.

Yeah of course, I'm not saying that only these cards can be played yadi bladi, just trying to point out how the deck has sort of evolved in the last few months in response to other decks.

When do you see anyone play frothings anymore? When in Feb-March it was always there.

Kolento's deck is just playing off the surprise factor. It's a bad deck, but with the random aggro/control mixed synergy it catches people off guard. It's why shit like crusher shaman takes off. People expect one thing and then oh fuck. Equality + archer is brutal.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Are there any Warlock decks in the current meta that actually run Jaraxxsus? I mean, I guess I've seen him in a couple handlock decks but he's not a consistent presence like Edwin is for miracle rogue or Antonidas is for freeze mage.

I'm an expert

Is there a more one sided MO than Control Warrior vs Freeze Mage? :b

Watch Tides vs Hyped from last nights stream. Tides makes a huge error, walks away from the game, comes back and still wins lol.

Bizazedo

Is there a more one sided MO than Control Warrior vs Freeze Mage? :b

Hard to think of one off the top of my head, but as a Control Warrior I love it. That being said, and related to the above convo, Alex did save my butt a few times yesterday against freeze mages / Hunters.

Going from 2 life to 15 just when they think they have you must be infuriating.

Watch Tides vs Hyped from last nights stream. Tides makes a huge error, walks away from the game, comes back and still wins lol.

Have a link?

Vio-Lence

Banned
Frothings have not been a staple in the kitkatz control bid for a few months. Korkrons and azure drakes were subbed in a while back. That link posted with chanmanv is only a few weeks old and is pretty much current.

CoolOff

Hard to think of one off the top of my head, but as a Control Warrior I love it. That being said, and related to the above convo, Alex did save my butt a few times yesterday against freeze mages / Hunters.

Going from 2 life to 15 just when they think they have you must be infuriating.

I did this without Alex yesterday. 2 minions on board for me, one is an Armorsmith.

Faceless it -> Whirlwind -> Shield Block -> Hero Power. :3

Yes I Shield Blocked after. :(

ZServ

Do we have an ETA on Android release yet? I just really can't see playing this on PC when I have MTGO, and I'd love to play it lying in bed. :(

Tacitus_

Hmmh, I don't know what to craft next. I could craft a Thalnos but I don't know what to use him with. Maybe handlock? Or I could craft Mukla for all out aggro
maybe dust Krush and craft both?

I'm an expert

Do we have an ETA on Android release yet? I just really can't see playing this on PC when I have MTGO, and I'd love to play it lying in bed. :(

As someone who played MTGO for years from day one.. let it go.... just let it go... that program is such fuckin garbage.

I don't like playing HS with a mouse either though. Touch on my Surface Pro.

zoukka

Ah climbed 10 ranks in one session, dat win streak :D

If only I had a few more legendaries to sideboard in I could try for Legend... Harrison, Ysera and Baron I want you guys on my team :(

Violet_0

Banned
Got this naxx paranoia. Saving up all this gold like some sort of horder. Up to 1400ish right now.

Aiming for about 2000....But i also just realllyyyyy want to buy a bunch of packs.

keep in mind that they will only release one wing every week, and the first wing is free. You don't need to spend 2000 gold on the spot to access all wings

zoukka

Druid is just too fucking safe. Wild Growth cantripping at 10 mana is so bad. There is absolutely no risk in running or playing that card.

You just have to luck out to win against Druid basically.

Violet_0

Banned
Druid is just too fucking safe. Wild Growth cantripping at 10 mana is so bad. There is absolutely no risk in running or playing that card.

most of the time it kinda sucks to draw wild growth after turn 2
shamans/paladin/miracle/handlock and even zoo are generally pretty good against druids

zoukka

most of the time it kinda sucks to draw wild growth after turn 2

Every early game card is the same, you are not as happy to draw a war axe late in the game, but you can play wild growth at any time you have a 2 mana opening and late game it just cantrips and acts as 2 spells.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hmmh, I don't know what to craft next. I could craft a Thalnos but I don't know what to use him with. Maybe handlock? Or I could craft Mukla for all out aggro
maybe dust Krush and craft both?

Thalnos can be used in all sorts of decks. He's practically mandatory for Rogue, Mage, and Shaman.

I find druids to be too slow in the current meta. Maybe I'm just unlucky with bad card draw, but half the time I end up with BGH and a couple of 4's to start my hand and end up sitting there doing nothing until turn 3 or 4 - against a shockadin or any sort of aggro deck you're just completely boned unless you get both your swipes early.

This game is great on my Surface Pro but my god does it eat battery and peg resources. Why is this game so damn inefficient.

Sitting on 600 gold right now and man is it tempting to grab some packs. Naxx is going to be expensive from the sounds of it. Blizz still can't make up their mind on pricing.

I'm an expert

This game is great on my Surface Pro but my god does it eat battery and peg resources. Why is this game so damn inefficient.

Sitting on 600 gold right now and man is it tempting to grab some packs. Naxx is going to be expensive from the sounds of it. Blizz still can't make up their mind on pricing.

It's just the original Pro's battery life. I always play with it plugged in. You can lower the settings to make the fan have to do less work, the game still looks/runs fine with everything on low. I also play with sound off.

Bizazedo

It's hilarious to me that they said we'd get more info, pricing specifically, on July 1st, and then backpedaled.

Makes me real confident in their work behind the scenes / timeline for a real expansion. There's no way Naxx sates us for more than 3 months. I'd say 2 months max, but the staggered wing release will artifically prolong it.

It's hilarious to me that they said we'd get more info, pricing specifically, on July 1st, and then backpedaled.

Makes me real confident in their work behind the scenes / timeline for a real expansion. There's no way Naxx sates us for more than 3 months. I'd say 2 months max, but the staggered wing release will artifically prolong it.

I am starting to think they'll release one wing every two weeks, then double the price of the wings. So, one wing every two weeks, 2,000 gold per wing is my new guess. Just to drag it all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom