• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

manhack

I love those games where you have the exact necessary counter for every single move the opponent makes. Go 15 flawless turns and beat them with 30 health. Feels good.

Alternatively I hate it when the opponent has every counter to each play I make. Especially when that opponent is a Warlock, Druidy or Rogue.

Aylinato

I like Trump but I find those streams ridiculous. He's done it a few times. People would watch Trump watching someone else play even while the person Trump is watching was actually streaming at the time.

It's really crazy. If Trump really wants to learn, he can do this on his own time rather than streaming it.

I would usually defend him but it's stunts like this that give me a glimpse of why people like Ek0p and Kripp don't respect Trump and find him to be greedy or whatever.

Kripp is an awesome streamer

Acinixys

I love those games where you have the exact necessary counter for every single move the opponent makes. Go 15 flawless turns and beat them with 30 health. Feels good.

Its like that feeling of someone playing a single lethal and saying Well Played, followed by you hexing his card and roflstomping him in the next few turns

Zemm

Kripp is an awesome streamer

Used to be, then he moved countries and doesn't interact with chat at all anymore and the chat spam is ridiculous, his stream is pretty shit now. Kolento and Forsen are the only "big" names I bother watching nowadays.

ShinNL

Value Brewmaster saves the day once again. Kept getting maximum Guardian of King value by playing it, enemy goes for face, I trade, Brewmaster it and replay it, another face turn, trade and bounce it back once again with another Brewmaster and replay it.

Eventually won by concede with 5 cards in hand, 4 minions on the field vs 0 of everything of his.

Feels good man :D :D :D

(Game before was a 7 attack Ashbringer with a bounced back Captain Greenskin. Pretty damn sick to have 5 turns of face Gorehowl lol.)

Raxus

It makes me sad the other streamers went downhill so fast. I really enjoyed them during the beta early on. Now I barely visit twitch anymore.

Holy crap... Went from rank 14 to rank 9 in one sitting with what I figured was going to be a joke deck... I just got a Malygos (posted about it earlier) so as a bit of a distraction I made a Maly-Rogue deck. I got 3 wins in casual so I took it to ranked just to mess around and I skyrocketed up the ranks.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Oh, I wasn't taking it as questioning me.

I was just saying that you can try it too!

Pass, I'll take your word for it. I'm not that bored with the game yet. Did you actually spend the time to do it yourself or did you just see it somewhere?

400/500 towards a gold warlock. That's going to be my goal this month instead of ranking up.

To get a gold warlock you need to win ranked games. To rank up you need to win ranked games. How is it you're doing one and not the other?

zoukka

Holy crap... Went from rank 14 to rank 9 in one sitting with what I figured was going to be a joke deck... I just got a Malygos (posted about it earlier) so as a bit of a distraction I made a Maly-Rogue deck. I got 3 wins in casual so I took it to ranked just to mess around and I skyrocketed up the ranks.

I feel you can hit rank 5 with almost any deck. That's where the bonus stars end and the honest climb begins.

Tacitus_

I would usually defend him but it's stunts like this that give me a glimpse of why people like Ek0p and Kripp don't respect Trump and find him to be greedy or whatever.

Ekop and Kripp are a bunch of twats however. I think they're just being salty that they can't do that.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
vToG6lh.jpg

Even with that last card being innervate, we fucking won. >Game is hard

He drew out a couple turns before me.

manhack

OK team. Fun deck of the day:

Currently running this deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/72429-prays-murloc-druid

Swapped out Gnomish Inventor and Nightblade for Druid of the Claw and Swipe.

So far a lot of fun and some crazy combo potential. Keep in mind I'm 15-19 level player, but enjoy trying out some new decks.

Best combo so far was full board of murlocs, power of wild and savage roar for 22 points of damage. Used naturalize to clear his board twice before that :).

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Hey, the old fashioned way isn't as entertaining. Nothing like seeing someone coin out an arcane explosion on an empty board.

Hah, sad thing is once we have the goldens, there's no reason to play the class other than to show off. Class is completely leveled so you might as well work on a different one.

ZZMitch

I wish you could unlock golden heroes from arena play... It's going to take me like 3 years to unlock any golden hero at the rate I play ranked.

johnsmith

remember me
Handlock is so stressful! You're always straddling the line between life and death, and it's all too easy to fall on the wrong side.

Violet_0

Banned
had a 25 minutes game with shaman versus control paladin

down to my last two cards and with both players taking fatigue damage, I used my second hex that I had saved up this whole time on his sunwalker and threatened with lethal on the board. After long consideration, with only 4 cards left and an empty board, he finally played Tirion (I strongly suspect he was holding onto it until I used up both my hexes).

the other card in my hand was, of course, an earthshock

knowing all the cards in the kolento paladin deck definitely helped. The only thing that caught me off-guard was the BGH that killed my Rag after I carefully baited both equalities. Such a pain to play against this deck
oh well, I missed lethal twice by one damage so really I deserved it :)

Bry0

Used to be, then he moved countries and doesn't interact with chat at all anymore and the chat spam is ridiculous, his stream is pretty shit now. Kolento and Forsen are the only "big" names I bother watching nowadays.

This is why I still watch him. His sarcasm is hilarious and the spam is and inside jokes are out of control in a very amusing to watch way.
It's fun to watch him play Arena, as I still find myself learning a few things from how he plays.

Tarazet

Handlock is so stressful! You're always straddling the line between life and death, and it's all too easy to fall on the wrong side.

That's why it's my favorite deck to play with. You have a staggering amount of control, and it's up to you to leverage it properly or croak. You have to know exactly what your opponent can pull out of his ass at any time.

Special C

I like Trump but I find those streams ridiculous. He's done it a few times. People would watch Trump watching someone else play even while the person Trump is watching was actually streaming at the time.

It's really crazy. If Trump really wants to learn, he can do this on his own time rather than streaming it.

I agree it's a silly thing to do, but if he can stream it and people watch, then I don't see a problem with him streaming it. He's not hurting anybody by streaming and there's obviously a market for it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Handlock is garbage below rank 5. Too much aggro. Getting wrecked at rank 15. Also I'm bad at this deck.

Aggro decks are typically considerably cheaper than control decks and easier to play. So they're pretty dominant in some of the lower ranks. I generally play around Rank 5-10 depending on the day-to-day, and it's 3:1 zoo-to-handlock, every mage is aggro mage, and every paladin is shockadin. Druids and control warriors are rare.

Tarazet

Aggro decks are typically considerably cheaper than control decks and easier to play. So they're pretty dominant in some of the lower ranks. I generally play around Rank 5-10 depending on the day-to-day, and it's 3:1 zoo-to-handlock, every mage is aggro mage, and every paladin is shockadin. Druids and control warriors are rare.

I don't play a lot, so I am typically around 20-15. There's actually quite a lot of control decks loaded with legendaries in that range.. people like me who work for a living but have money and/or self-discipline to play every day.

I'm using the exact same decks that people used to hit Legend, have a very high win rate but just don't do a lot of Ranked.

And Handlock is one of the decks that has the highest winrate for me. This is an outstanding guide. I also use this version of the deck, with Alexstrasza instead of the second Mountain Giant.

Kripp is a super boring streamer IMO. I always wonder why he can get so many viewers.

I watch him every now and then when he's playing a game I don't know(don't bother watching him play hearthstone so haven't watched in a while). Reason I like him as a streamer over most other streamers is because of the lack of interaction. He's not constantly checking IRC instead of playing, having fucking jingles everytime he gets a sub then goes on a little "WELCOME TO THE HERPDERP CLUB SOANDSO, GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US", he doesn't read the messages from donations, he doesn't constantly remind people to follow and subscribe and all the fucking twitch shit.

Personally if I watch a stream, it's because I want to see a game played. I have literally no interest in the streamer, I just want to see the game, preferably played by someone who doesn't suck. If the streamer happens to be funny or whatever good, but I'm not looking for a community to interact with or friends or whatever, and as such Kripp's a good streamer for that. He is however definitely a boring person but I'll take a boring streamer who is actually playing games.

Because of the nature of hearthstone though it's a lot less annoying when someone's answering messages and crap since there's so much waiting. It's a lot more jarring when I check other games.

manhack

OK team. Fun deck of the day:

Currently running this deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/72429-prays-murloc-druid

Swapped out Gnomish Inventor and Nightblade for Druid of the Claw and Swipe.

So far a lot of fun and some crazy combo potential. Keep in mind I'm 15-19 level player, but enjoy trying out some new decks.

Best combo so far was full board of murlocs, power of wild and savage roar for 22 points of damage. Used naturalize to clear his board twice before that :).

This deck is stupid fun...LOL

Violet_0

Banned
two things:
winning against zoo as shaman is literally impossible. You are always behind and at no point can you swing around the game like with ramp druid
the win% of handlocks starting with double mountain giant must be ridicules. I was a fucking shaman with hex and earthshock in my starting hand and the game was still completely one-sided

zoukka

two things:
winning against zoo as shaman is literally impossible. You are always behind and at no point can you swing around the game like with ramp druid
the win% of handlocks starting with double mountain giant must be ridicules. I was a fucking shaman with hex and earthshock in my starting hand and the game was still completely one-sided

You need lightning storm. And luck.

zoukka

Watching some ESLtv casted chinese tourney and the chat... it's nothing but chinese people talking in chinese and western people spamming racist shit.

Fuck twitch and fuck gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom