• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Poor Trumperino deranking so damn hard with Miracle right now lol, he's contemplating if the deck just isn't for him. And this after watching so much Forsen

0ES8SYL.jpg

frequency

Other Miracle players take bigger risks than Trump. They just play assuming they'll draw the cards they need. Trump though plays safer and basically assumes he won't be drawing the exact cards he needs so he plays to biggest chance to win given worst case scenario.

Miracle isn't for him.

At least that's my opinion.

Also when Hafu was coaching him, he'd disagree with her on a lot of small plays that look like bad value to him. But it adds up and a small play several turns ago where he didn't listen to Hafu would cause him to lose later in the game.

Alrus

Zookeeper detected

Seriously though, Zoo is pretty damn braindead. It's like playing an arena run without bad draws.

Well blame it on Zoo being the easiest competitive deck to build... And mindlessly throwing all your minions on the battlefield is the best way to lose the game thanks to board clears.

Zemm

Which is why every zoolock is legend.

If you have the cards I dunno how you don't get legend, most literally just throw every card they get on the board without a thought and whilst it loses to a couple of decks set up for it it's still going to win most matchups which is why there seems to be so many on ranked.

Raxus

If you have the cards I dunno how you don't get legend, most literally just throw every card they get on the board without a thought.

I started adding wild pyromancers to most of my decks to counter this. Yeah, they are pretty annoying to deal with especially considering you have to 180 your strategy if it turns out to be a handlock.

I find it extremely annoying that even at my best I usually draw half my deck while they have milled through 75% of theirs for answers. I tend to beat them but man they are a headache. Shamans can be just as bad if they draw JUUUUUST right.

And yes, Zoo decks have the least amount of skill required out of almost any deck in order to succeed.

Alrus

If you have the cards I dunno how you don't get legend, most literally just throw every card they get on the board without a thought and whilst it loses to a couple of decks set up for it it's still going to win most matchups which is why there seems to be so many on ranked.

The reason you see so many on ranked is because the deck requires no epic or legendary.

Raxus

It's actually going to be funny when the new meta rolls around because Zoo is going the be crushed I predict. They might as well give up if they face a priest.

The reason you see so many on ranked is because the deck requires no epic or legendary.

Although Leeroy helps immensely.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do you get more exp by winning in ranked mode, than casual?

daemissary

Zoo is easy mode to get to around rank 8-10.

A good player can definitely get zoo to legend but it requires a ton of skill to know what to mulligan vs certain matchups, what order to play your drops and when to make trades vs going for face once you get up to those higher ranks.

Cipherr

Damn, does the game not explain this apparent 'rerolling' of daily quests? I just hit the 'X' on one of my 40g dailies and turned it into a 100g quest that I can complete in any mode. Thats a big chunk of gold man, and its much easier to complete.

Info like that is pretty important for new players.

Damn, does the game not explain this apparent 'rerolling' of daily quests? I just hit the 'X' on one of my 40g dailies and turned it into a 100g quest that I can complete in any mode. Thats a big chunk of gold man, and its much easier to complete.

Info like that is pretty important for new players.
Yeah it's real bad interface design. I never clicked the Xs because I thought it just deleted the quest completely.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's actually going to be funny when the new meta rolls around because Zoo is going the be crushed I predict. They might as well give up if they face a priest.

There's plenty of cards in Naxx that benefit Zoo. The heck you talking about?

scy

Black Knight used to be one of the tech choices for the deck. Not really unexpected, really, depending on the meta.

NBtoaster

Black Knight used to be one of the tech choices for the deck. Not really unexpected, really, depending on the meta.

It might get use a few times, but a situational 6 drop should weaken the deck on average. Even those that focus on controlling the board.

scy

It might get use a few times, but a situational 6 drop should weaken the deck on average. Even those that focus on controlling the board.

I don't disagree, hence why it was a tech choice originally and not a staple :x Just saying that it's one of those things that used to be a choice based on the meta (and before some of the modern variants slimmed down the costs) so it's not necessarily a surprise if you see it. Leeroy is actually just not a good card for what the deck is after unless it's a more aggressive variant and there's usually signs for that long before Leeroy would hit the board.

Edit: Though, the original point was just to follow-up on the whole "Zoo doesn't need Epics/Legendaries" bit. Which is the case. It's a really efficient deck for the cost and has a relatively low skill floor but still with a decent skill cap to it.

Raxus

There's plenty of cards in Naxx that benefit Zoo. The heck you talking about?

And plenty to counter it. Eggs alone with taunters will slow down zoo decks significantly. Priests will have a 3/4 3 mana minion that will crush anything zoo puts out not to mention that deathrattle.

Minsc

Gold Member
And plenty to counter it. Eggs alone with taunters will slow down zoo decks significantly. Priests will have a 3/4 3 mana minion that will crush anything zoo puts out not to mention that deathrattle.

More likely imo the 3/4 3 mana minion with just trade with one of the Zoo's 1-drops buffed up to 4-attack from an abusive sergeant or eat a soulfire. If there's anything else on the Priest's board which is unlikely imo, unless they threw a cleric down, they'll just run another minion in to the other thing first, then both the priest and warlock are down 2-3 cards, but the zoo is better at card draw and making those spent cards up.

Alrus

There's already plenty of counters to zoo and that doesn't stop the deck from being popular, I don't see Naxx changing that. And a 3/4 really isn't that problematic for a Zoo.

Speaking of Zoo, I'm surprised that there isn't a Druid or Shaman zoo deck. I know the biggest strength of Warlock zoo is the draw but I would think with cards like Blood Lust and Savage Roar, you'd see more decks with them filling the board.

scy

Realistically, you'll never get rid of Zoo as an archetype. If you do, it'll most likely mean something went horribly wrong for the overall balance of the game.

Speaking of Zoo, I'm surprised that there isn't a Druid or Shaman zoo deck. I know the biggest strength of Warlock zoo is the draw but I would think with cards like Blood Lust and Savage Roar, you'd see more decks with them filling the board.

They just flat out run out of gas too fast to be viable in the same manner.

Token Shaman is the closest thing I've seen to this, but it's not really a fast deck, just a deck that focuses on getting lots of little guys on the board then Bloodlust for the win.

ZealousD

Druid and Shaman don't quite have strong cards like Flame Imp or Voidwalker that they can put out on Turn 1. With Druids especially, their class is designed around big mana cards so the cheapest class card that would make sense for Druid Zoo is something like Keeper of the Grove, which is a 3-drop.

Aylinato

Druid and Shaman don't quite have strong cards like Flame Imp or Voidwalker that they can put out on Turn 1. With Druids especially, their class is designed around big mana cards so the cheapest class card that would make sense for Druid Zoo is something like Keeper of the Grove, which is a 3-drop.
4. It's 4 mana

4-drop

Wow, this must be the sickest losing streak I've ever had. Back down to 0 star rank 15.

Even lost to a Deathwing mage. Only win was against a "ramp" druid that had nothing but legendaries

zoukka

Can't wait for the single player content!

Because the multiplayer content still lags like hell!

(as a matter of fact I'm not even sure if the single player content won't lag because the info comes from the servers anyways!)

Other Miracle players take bigger risks than Trump. They just play assuming they'll draw the cards they need. Trump though plays safer and basically assumes he won't be drawing the exact cards he needs so he plays to biggest chance to win given worst case scenario.

Miracle isn't for him.

At least that's my opinion.

Also when Hafu was coaching him, he'd disagree with her on a lot of small plays that look like bad value to him. But it adds up and a small play several turns ago where he didn't listen to Hafu would cause him to lose later in the game.

Hafu is one of the worst hearthstone player I've ever watched. Misplays everywhere... I used to get so mad watching her play. "Oops guys!!" (loses). She may have improved but trump is certainly better imo

CoolOff

Hafu is one of the worst hearthstone player I've ever watched. Misplays everywhere... I used to get so mad watching her play. "Oops guys!!" (loses). She may have improved but trump is certainly better imo

Really? Her arena-average has been higher than Trumps afaik, and that includes her refusal to play Mage.

The latest spreadsheet of hers that I've seen had 75% WR and 28% of runs going 12-X, which is pretty fucking impressive for "one of the worst players you've ever seen".

Not white-knighting; she's annoying as hell.

ZealousD

And yet she was ranked 47th last season and ranked 22nd the season before. Trump didn't even break the Top 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom