• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Hilarious, I have a spider on the board and my opponent has a raging worgen. He drops his bomber to trigger the worgen and all three hits go straight to the worgen killing it. 1 in 64 chance of that happening? Poor guy...

Special C

I hate how the game pushes me to play Aggro. I can spend 1600 Dust to craft Leeroy and have tons of dust left to craft the rares and epics I need....

Or I can try to play control and never have enough dust to craft Rag, Cairne, Ysera, and the even more amounts of epics I need.

Xanathus

I hate how the game pushes me to play Aggro. I can spend 1600 Dust to craft Leeroy and have tons of dust left to craft the rares and epics I need....

Or I can try to play control and never have enough dust to craft Rag, Cairne, Ysera, and the even more amounts of epics I need.

Yeah and despite having such a deck full of top-tier legendaries you will still have about the same winrate as cheap aggro/zoo.

scy

It's funny how I have a better legend rank than most of the top streamers simply by not playing at all. You drop like 300+ ranks from one loss.

The best part of Legend ladder was going 60% for the day and being down 30 ranks :x

I still remember winning a game and going down in rank. That was ... pleasant :(

Strider

Yooo I was just in the middle of a game vs a Rogue (fuck that guy) and I had set up for lethal when it glitched out or something (I was def going to win). Opponent was hovering a card over the board but not playing. The rope never came so I thought I had been disconnected but I could still see him fiddling around with the cards and "deciding" what to do so I stayed a minute longer. The rope still never came so I exited the client, booted it back up but I didn't get a "resuming game" or anything. the game was just over and I had lost points to my rank. There is no way he actually defeated me in that time frame given how far ahead I was so I have no idea what heppened.

Am sad :(

Tacitus_

I understand you can cast it on an enemy unit. But no other spell cast on a unit works like that when Facelessed. Faceless should create an exact mirror of a unit when you cast it. But it doesn't with Blessing of Wisdom.

What do you think happens when you copy a minion that has an effect "on attack, draw player x a card"?

Xanathus

my slightly outdated druid deck
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=120191326&highlight=#post120191326
replace mark of wild with second Golem, Yetis with Shieldmastas, Argent Commander with a second Sunwalker, get a second Ancient of Lore

wreck Zoo

tech in a BGH and Black Knight against other decks

If you really want to be anti-zoo put Nerubian Weblords into a Druid deck and protect them with taunts, and minimize the number of minions with battlecries in your deck.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
There's nothing like the feeling you get when the opposing player gives you the preemptive "Well Played" when you're down 5 to 29 and you somehow make a comeback and win!

Cipherr

Blessing of wisdom my minion, enemy faceless's it. Attacks with it. I draw a card. Thank you. Concede.

It isn't a bug. The blessing of wisdom doesn't give a card to the owner, but to the person who cast the spell which is why you can cast it on an enemy minion.

This is magnificent. I didnt know it worked like that. Hilarious.

There's nothing like the feeling you get when the opposing player gives you the preemptive "Well Played" when you're down 5 to 29 and you somehow make a comeback and win!

They need to add a GG emote, because I think most people interpret "Well Played" as "Game over brah". I usually use the emote when the opposing player makes a play I didn't see coming, or a play I thought was creative.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is anyone finding HS streamers becoming incredibly bitter recently? As if they seem to hate playing the game? Been noticing it alot over the past few weeks.

ViviOggi

Is anyone finding HS streamers becoming incredibly bitter recently? As if they seem to hate playing the game? Been noticing it alot over the past few weeks.

Well, who in particular? Kripp has been bitter for a while now and reynard becomes salty and drinks. Trump and Hafu seemed totally normal to me when I tuned in recently.

Tacitus_

Well, who in particular? Kripp has been bitter for a while now and reynard becomes salty and drinks. Trump and Hafu seemed totally normal to me when I tuned in recently.

I think it was reynard who got extra salty lately and proclaimed that the RNG matters way too much since the skill cap is so low.

To which I say: no shit, blizz designed this as a casual time waster, not the rising star of esports you want it to be.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Athene is the only really happy HS streamer - people should give him props for that at least.

Kenaras

Control Warrior is still the only legendary-packed deck I see very often. There's some midrange or midrange/control hybrids which only use 2-3 legendaries + epics. The meta hasn't settled since Naxx hit, but pre-Naxx you had:

Paladin with Tirion and Lay on Hands
Shaman with Al'Akir, Thalnos, and Doomhammer
Priest with Sylvanas, either Ragnaros or Velen, and Cabal Shadow Priest

Of course, the most popular midrange or midrange/control deck is Druid, which does require a ton of epics. Usually doesn't use more than 2 legendaries, though. (Black Knight and either Ragnaros of Cenarius.)

Cairne and Ysera are amazing in control vs control, but weak against aggro, so rarely played. I'd wait until the post-Naxx dust settles before crafting either.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

All of tempo storm seem incredibly bitter

Tacitus_

Athene is the only really happy HS streamer - people should give him props for that at least.

Trump's pretty happy as well. I mean, the worst thing I've seen out of him was to the tune of "oh nononononono noooooo" when the opponent topdecked the single card he needed for lethal.
... and occasionally he says "so gross" to some plays.

Kenaras

Hilarious, I have a spider on the board and my opponent has a raging worgen. He drops his bomber to trigger the worgen and all three hits go straight to the worgen killing it. 1 in 64 chance of that happening? Poor guy...

I once had a game where my opponent had three minions on the board, 8 life, and I had a Raging Worgen on the board. Mad Bomber and Lightning Bolt in hand. I drop my Mad Bomber... and it kills my Worgen. 1 in 216.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
All of tempo storm seem incredibly bitter

They're a team built for tournaments but there aren't enough and only two members are good in public tournaments. Hyped being good in small, online ones is fine but not gonna get anyone excited. Not to mention as good as Reynad is on a technical level, if he constantly gets frustrated that attitude permeates.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Trump's pretty happy as well. I mean, the worst thing I've seen out of him was to the tune of "oh nononononono noooooo" when the opponent topdecked the single card he needed for lethal.
... and occasionally he says "so gross" to some plays.

Yeah Trump seems like a really cool guy, REALLY like him.

Strider

Is it really necessary to play zoo in casual?

:/

im sure thats just people doing the dailies as quick as they can without wanting to risk ranks. But yea it's definitely annoying to see a deck like that in casual when you're hoping to see people play something unusual for fun.

Tacitus_

So does anyone know the runtime for the WEC qualifiers? I kinda want to plan my bedtime to it.

im sure thats just people doing the dailies as quick as they can without wanting to risk ranks. But yea it's definitely annoying to see a deck like that in casual when you're hoping to see people play something unusual for fun.

I did my "win 5x as shaman" daily in casual and put in a competitive deck (trumps f2p slightly modified). Won it all in a row and didn't even feel bad since that's all I was there to do.

Zafir

Yeah, I'm watching it atm. Mainly wondering how much content they've got left for today since it's getting late here in europe.

Oh, I just updated my post with the link, it's all in that. :p Only one match left after this I think. Winner of Semijew vs ThijsNL goes against Kolento.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TRUMP IS MY JAM

Due timezones i havent seen much of Amaz. He seems cool.
But im a Trumpeteer for sure.

Yoshichan

Yo dawg...

ANGDLTK.jpg

The Adder

Banned
You really need that much card draw?

I could cut the Cult Master and the Azure Drake, as they haven't been doing much and I'd like to replace one of them with another Mass Dispel once I have one, but the obscene amount of card draw has been keeping me on curve and ensuring that I have answers to whatever my opponent did on their turn.

EDIT: Oh wait, that one was before the small modification I made. I already cut the drake and Temple Enforcer for Holy Nova.

Also just cut the cult master for Shadow Word: Death

Yoshichan

So I get a really solid mage draft in arena. I beat two mages, a druid and even a shaman.

Then I lose a game against a hunter, out of all classes.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
They need to add a GG emote, because I think most people interpret "Well Played" as "Game over brah". I usually use the emote when the opposing player makes a play I didn't see coming, or a play I thought was creative.

Yeah, more emotes would be nice. You can usually tell from context whether a "Well Played" is a "GG" or they're complimenting your play though. If it comes after you made a big play and wiped out a lot of their board it's usually a compliment. If they've whittled your health down to nothing and destroyed your board it's usually a GG. I got the latter which made the victory that much more sweet.

I once had a game where my opponent had three minions on the board, 8 life, and I had a Raging Worgen on the board. Mad Bomber and Lightning Bolt in hand. I drop my Mad Bomber... and it kills my Worgen. 1 in 216.

That would be a sad day.

However... my day just got a little brighter:
RnZQgCIl.png

800 dust in the bank!

Yoshichan

I'm done for today with Hearthstone.

Installing Warcraft 3.

I am hyped as fuck, let's go.

Strider

Overall noob question. Is it more efficient to buy packs, or spend the money to play arena?

This depends on how good you are at arena and how many wins you can average. I can't remember the payouts for arena though so not sure exactly what you need to average to make arena worth your while over packs. 5+ wins maybe?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Let us say I average 3.

Then you're essentially the exact same as 3 wins nets you a pack and about 50 gold/dust. You're just delaying the time for opening the pack since you have to play 6 games first. If that's more fun for you, keep doing arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom